Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 438187 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 21:58 - May 17 with 1342 viewsrockj

Corona Virus on 17:27 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

They have to have an announcement per day now. £20m for this, a new target for that. It’s a hostage to fortune and they can’t get out of it now. Why they don’t stop these daily shitfests is beyond me.

Oh, and they’re idiots.

Maybe they should do what the WAG does and just scrap targets when they can’t hit them and when it all goes wrong just let England deal with it

Why bother putting themselves out there
Corona Virus on 21:59 - May 17 with 1338 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 21:38 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

London has some of the most deprived areas in the UK.

We also have most NHS workers, most supermarket workers, most bus drivers, bin-men, teachers, tube drivers, delivery drivers, essential workers in general.

The chip is misplaced.

And some of the best pubs outside of Wind St 😍

Don't bite, this one is only after a rise 😏
[Post edited 17 May 2020 22:00]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 21:59 - May 17 with 1338 viewsrockj

Corona Virus on 17:36 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

A few possibilities:

1. Our number of cases is just higher than most places. Due to the connectivity of London, the small size of the country, everything being London centric (very connected to a London by virtually all of the UK which means the internal spread is easier), huge numbers of Chinese visitors (business, students and pleasure), large numbers who go skiing In half terms etc.

2. We have concentrated so much on not overwhelming the NHS we’ve actually underwhelmed it (hospital admissions per week were almost double in France with a similar population size).

3. We’ve a large number of black, Asian and minority ethnic people working within our essential services.

4. We have a generally unfit population who have a bad diet and don’t spend enough time outside.

5. Our healthcare provision in hospitals isn’t as good as elsewhere.

I do not believe 5 to be true, I suspect a combination of the other 4.

EXACTLY

But people don’t want to hear it
Corona Virus on 22:10 - May 17 with 1304 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 21:58 - May 17 by rockj

Maybe they should do what the WAG does and just scrap targets when they can’t hit them and when it all goes wrong just let England deal with it

Why bother putting themselves out there

You seem to be mistaking me as someone who has defended then Welsh government’s equally lamentable record in aspects of its handling of this. Try again.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 22:32 - May 17 with 1274 viewsrockj

Corona Virus on 22:10 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

You seem to be mistaking me as someone who has defended then Welsh government’s equally lamentable record in aspects of its handling of this. Try again.

Slightly different level of derision wouldn’t you agree?
Corona Virus on 22:55 - May 17 with 1244 viewsSwanjaxs

Like it or lump it.

Wales, Scotland and NI will wait and see what pans out in England the next 14 days.

If (and its a big if) it goes well the rest of us will jump on board.

It's that simple really imho

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 01:30 - May 18 with 1185 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 22:55 - May 17 by Swanjaxs

Like it or lump it.

Wales, Scotland and NI will wait and see what pans out in England the next 14 days.

If (and its a big if) it goes well the rest of us will jump on board.

It's that simple really imho

Well I’m not jumping on board.
Corona Virus on 08:11 - May 18 with 1130 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 17:36 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

A few possibilities:

1. Our number of cases is just higher than most places. Due to the connectivity of London, the small size of the country, everything being London centric (very connected to a London by virtually all of the UK which means the internal spread is easier), huge numbers of Chinese visitors (business, students and pleasure), large numbers who go skiing In half terms etc.

2. We have concentrated so much on not overwhelming the NHS we’ve actually underwhelmed it (hospital admissions per week were almost double in France with a similar population size).

3. We’ve a large number of black, Asian and minority ethnic people working within our essential services.

4. We have a generally unfit population who have a bad diet and don’t spend enough time outside.

5. Our healthcare provision in hospitals isn’t as good as elsewhere.

I do not believe 5 to be true, I suspect a combination of the other 4.

It's probably not a coincidence that the two worst affected cities so far (outside China) are London and New York. Two densely inhabitated "World Cities" with huge transient populations both local and international, large ethnic populations and also large numbers of people with existing health conditions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 10:16 - May 18 with 1066 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Professor, another report, this time a combination of 2 current cheap drugs that "Cured" 60 patients of COVID-19 in 4 days.
A paper is to follow.
So we have treatment with current drugs that appear to cut the spread of COVID-19 by up to 90%, a combination of currrent drugs that cut the worst effects by 50% and a combination of current drugs that stop COVID-19 completely in 4 days.

Why are we wasting time, money and especially lives on creating a Vaccine that may or may not work?

Big Business money and more money.
Unless you can think of another reason?

ps you won't see it on the BBC.
Corona Virus on 10:43 - May 18 with 1047 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 10:16 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Professor, another report, this time a combination of 2 current cheap drugs that "Cured" 60 patients of COVID-19 in 4 days.
A paper is to follow.
So we have treatment with current drugs that appear to cut the spread of COVID-19 by up to 90%, a combination of currrent drugs that cut the worst effects by 50% and a combination of current drugs that stop COVID-19 completely in 4 days.

Why are we wasting time, money and especially lives on creating a Vaccine that may or may not work?

Big Business money and more money.
Unless you can think of another reason?

ps you won't see it on the BBC.

Prevention is always better than cure. Any therapeutic intervention eventually leads to resistance-vaccines are by far the best way to control infectious disease and can lead to eradication like smallpox, rinderpest and hopefully soon polio. Let’s what it says but most of these treatments are helpful rather than an answer. No virus is cured by drugs, controlled yes like HIV, bu not cured.
Corona Virus on 10:52 - May 18 with 1030 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 10:43 - May 18 by Professor

Prevention is always better than cure. Any therapeutic intervention eventually leads to resistance-vaccines are by far the best way to control infectious disease and can lead to eradication like smallpox, rinderpest and hopefully soon polio. Let’s what it says but most of these treatments are helpful rather than an answer. No virus is cured by drugs, controlled yes like HIV, bu not cured.

Sorry to disagree, but if you cut the spread and protect the most vulnerable and cure the patientswho do catch it COVID-19 becomes nothing to worry about.
Life can continue now, not in some possible Vaccine future.

Spend the money on preparing for the next one instead.
Corona Virus on 10:58 - May 18 with 1027 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 10:52 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry to disagree, but if you cut the spread and protect the most vulnerable and cure the patientswho do catch it COVID-19 becomes nothing to worry about.

Aye - your expertise on this subject has been invaluable.

Fûcking twàt.
Corona Virus on 11:08 - May 18 with 1013 viewsHighjack

Obviously having something available that alleviates symptoms is a good thing, but that’s not a cure, nor does it stop the virus or prevent the spread in anyway. Or make it any less dangerous for that matter.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 11:22 - May 18 with 990 viewsScotia

This sounds wonderful. But how does it cut the spread and protect the vulnerable?
Corona Virus on 11:27 - May 18 with 985 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 08:11 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

It's probably not a coincidence that the two worst affected cities so far (outside China) are London and New York. Two densely inhabitated "World Cities" with huge transient populations both local and international, large ethnic populations and also large numbers of people with existing health conditions.

Yeah every disease in history has been exactly the same. It was no coincidence that cities like London, Florence, Prague bore the brunt of the Black Death. Ancient Rome and Athens were always having to deal with various epidemics as people moved there from the fringes of empire.

Yet we have complete morons who look at death figures alone and compare London and the U.K with a completely incomparable city and proclaim “we are doing terribly”.

London and the U.K. were always going to be f*cked from day one.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 11:29 - May 18 with 980 viewschad

Corona Virus on 11:22 - May 18 by Scotia

This sounds wonderful. But how does it cut the spread and protect the vulnerable?

Herd immunity ?
Corona Virus on 11:31 - May 18 with 975 viewschad

Corona Virus on 11:27 - May 18 by Highjack

Yeah every disease in history has been exactly the same. It was no coincidence that cities like London, Florence, Prague bore the brunt of the Black Death. Ancient Rome and Athens were always having to deal with various epidemics as people moved there from the fringes of empire.

Yet we have complete morons who look at death figures alone and compare London and the U.K with a completely incomparable city and proclaim “we are doing terribly”.

London and the U.K. were always going to be f*cked from day one.

Damn, so you were joking about Powys
Corona Virus on 11:45 - May 18 with 965 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 11:08 - May 18 by Highjack

Obviously having something available that alleviates symptoms is a good thing, but that’s not a cure, nor does it stop the virus or prevent the spread in anyway. Or make it any less dangerous for that matter.

You obvioulsy did not read what I wrote, one group of drugs slows the spread by up to 90% the second set of drugs alleviate the symptoms, but the third set of drugs eradicate the virus from the patients body in 4 days.
It is an out and out cure.
In fact based on the original scientific research of the 3rd treatment that led to using it, it may also totally prevent anyone catching it as well.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 11:51]
Corona Virus on 11:48 - May 18 with 962 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 11:22 - May 18 by Scotia

It prevents the Virus from replicating in the Human body.
The 3rd pair of drugs, one of them should according to scientific research also prevent the virus replicating as well as killing it in the body.
Corona Virus on 11:49 - May 18 with 961 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 10:58 - May 18 by WarwickHunt

Aye - your expertise on this subject has been invaluable.

Fûcking twàt.

When I quote medical studies the only Fûcking twàt on here is you.
Corona Virus on 12:45 - May 18 with 926 viewsProfessor

But the point is this helps against the virus. It does not cure. There is transmission pre-symptoms and probably asymptomatic carriers. There are only two ways to control infection. Make a population resistant (vaccination, genetics or exposure) or block transmission (isolation of cases, movement restriction, culling)
Corona Virus on 12:53 - May 18 with 915 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 11:49 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

When I quote medical studies the only Fûcking twàt on here is you.

Carry on, dullard - we all need a good laugh...
Corona Virus on 12:56 - May 18 with 907 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:45 - May 18 by Professor

But the point is this helps against the virus. It does not cure. There is transmission pre-symptoms and probably asymptomatic carriers. There are only two ways to control infection. Make a population resistant (vaccination, genetics or exposure) or block transmission (isolation of cases, movement restriction, culling)

He’s probably talking about this ‘Sorrento’ antibody.

It’s never even been tested in humans. At all. At even preclinical level.
Corona Virus on 12:56 - May 18 with 907 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 21:59 - May 17 by rockj

EXACTLY

But people don’t want to hear it

What people don't?

Stop being so dramatic for f*ck sake.

This is no different than any other subject, some agree, some don't. It is called life.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 12:57 - May 18 with 904 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 08:11 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

Shirley no different to Paris?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024