Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432967 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:30 - Mar 30 with 1642 viewsFireboy2

Corona Virus on 20:03 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

Italy. In answer to your question.

Dont know why you bothered Lisa, trump is one of afd heroes.
Corona Virus on 20:32 - Mar 30 with 1650 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 20:26 - Mar 30 by Cooperman

I have stopped paying attention to the confirmed cases numbers as it’s all dependant on testing strategy within that particular country. Mortality numbers are a better metric IMO but even these are not 100% robust.

The announced mortality numbers for the UK have dropped for the last two days. Early days certainly, but never a bad thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 20:33 - Mar 30 with 1644 viewsOldjack

I have stopped paying attention to the confirmed cases numbers as it’s all dependant on testing strategy within that particular country. Mortality numbers are a better metric IMO but even these are not 100% robust.

All theses people they are supposedly bringing home from abroad are gonna be tested before they leave our airports ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 20:33 - Mar 30 with 1648 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Yes, trends are more useful than numbers, the last 3 to 5 days have seen a bit of an easing in the growth of new cases in some European countries but we need to see another week of data at least.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 20:34 - Mar 30 with 1635 viewshobo

UK has a mortality rate of 91% on closed cases - and our health system is nowhere near capacity, yet!
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 20:35]
Corona Virus on 20:34 - Mar 30 with 1638 viewsBanosswan

Corona Virus on 20:32 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

The announced mortality numbers for the UK have dropped for the last two days. Early days certainly, but never a bad thing.

It is great, but we will probably see at least one more spike.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Corona Virus on 20:35 - Mar 30 with 1636 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 20:33 - Mar 30 by Oldjack

All theses people they are supposedly bringing home from abroad are gonna be tested before they leave our airports ?

If they can do it in Incheon then we can do it in Heathrow.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 20:36 - Mar 30 with 1627 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 20:32 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

The very smallest of green shoots.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 20:41 - Mar 30 with 1607 viewsOldjack

Corona Virus on 20:35 - Mar 30 by Cooperman

If they can do it in Incheon then we can do it in Heathrow.

But are they gonna do it ?,i'll wager they don't

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 20:45 - Mar 30 with 1601 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 20:41 - Mar 30 by Oldjack

But are they gonna do it ?,i'll wager they don't

They absolutely should.

My auntie and uncle had a cruise around South Pacific terminated early. They spent a night in Sydney before flying back to Heathrow in middle of week before last. One has been in bed since then and the other is only just up and about. Both are inevitably carrying the virus but how about the other 250 who were on the same flight? Zero checks upon arrival at Heathrow.

Corona Virus on 20:51 - Mar 30 with 1591 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 20:34 - Mar 30 by Banosswan

It is great, but we will probably see at least one more spike.

There's going to be ups and downs through the whole thing. Next two weeks or so will tell the tale.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 20:55 - Mar 30 with 1573 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:03 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

Italy. In answer to your question.

Yes on the same day.

No comment on the UK performance by comparison then?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 21:08]
Corona Virus on 21:00 - Mar 30 with 1557 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Like you I have followed the mortality rate.
But there is a major problem with Death rate and that is the lag for those in ICU, the doctors reckon that 50% of those in ICU that do not immediately respond will die.
So it will take longer to see the downslope in them than in admitted cases.
Corona Virus on 21:11 - Mar 30 with 1528 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:34 - Mar 30 by hobo

UK has a mortality rate of 91% on closed cases - and our health system is nowhere near capacity, yet!
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 20:35]

That is one of the most frightening statistics, even for the whole world it is 19%.
Along with how many are still infected and how many are still serious/critical.
Corona Virus on 21:29 - Mar 30 with 1504 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 20:33 - Mar 30 by Oldjack

Unlikely, to be honest I would save the tests for the NHS staff and people who are suspected of carrying the virus and quarantine these individuals in an army camp or similar establishment fr a couple of weeks.
Corona Virus on 21:45 - Mar 30 with 1474 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 21:11 - Mar 30 by A_Fans_Dad

That is one of the most frightening statistics, even for the whole world it is 19%.
Along with how many are still infected and how many are still serious/critical.

I very much doubt China's figures are true also. No way did they only have 3k deaths. Which makes the worldwide fatality rate even more alarming.
Corona Virus on 22:00 - Mar 30 with 1445 viewsNortbankboy

Corona Virus on 20:29 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

From the Guardian’s live blog.

The UK government’s effort to source 30,000 medical ventilators to treat Covid-19 patients has resulted in two major order so far, 10,000 for Dyson’s new CoVent prototype and 10,000 from a consortium called Ventilator Challenge UK, which expects to begin producing this week.

But some firms claim they could have provide medical ventilators sooner and were inexplicably snubbed. The government has this evening offered an explanation of why.

Regarding a ventilator offered by Worcester-based Gtech, a government spokesperson said the plans were rejected by the Technical Design Authority, which includes a panel of clinicians.

“Unfortunately the Gtech ventilator model did not pass the government’s stringent safety tests and we will not be proceeding further,” the spokesperson said.

A firm called Direct Access claimed to be able to import 5,000 ventilators within a week and a further 20,000 within the month. The government said the plans “did not stand up to due diligence”.

Is James Dyson a member of the Tory party?
Corona Virus on 22:06 - Mar 30 with 1430 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 21:45 - Mar 30 by hobo

I very much doubt China's figures are true also. No way did they only have 3k deaths. Which makes the worldwide fatality rate even more alarming.

I've read that thousands of people are queueing to collect relatives cremated remains in China, the numbers suggest a much higher final mortality figure.

Trusting what the Chinese are saying is naive.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 22:24 - Mar 30 with 1404 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 22:00 - Mar 30 by Nortbankboy

Is James Dyson a member of the Tory party?

Yes.
Corona Virus on 22:40 - Mar 30 with 1365 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 22:06 - Mar 30 by Catullus

I've read that thousands of people are queueing to collect relatives cremated remains in China, the numbers suggest a much higher final mortality figure.

Trusting what the Chinese are saying is naive.

In fairness it's a city of 11m people that carries out over 50k cremations per quarter normally (56k fourth quarter 2019). With the city on lockdown for 2-3 months there's going to be a backlog of people collecting urns even without a conspiracy.
Corona Virus on 23:18 - Mar 30 with 1312 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 19:41 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

I have a cunning plan...

...Classic Dom.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 23:23 - Mar 30 with 1306 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It looks like the current situation was known and thus avoidable.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/28/exclusive-ministers-warned-nhs-could
Corona Virus on 23:35 - Mar 30 with 1295 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 23:23 - Mar 30 by A_Fans_Dad

It looks like the current situation was known and thus avoidable.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/28/exclusive-ministers-warned-nhs-could

Can’t see the whole article as it’s behind a pay wall, but if that’s the case when this is all over I expect some serious questions to be asked of the Government. I suspect Boris will probably deflect a lot of the blame on to Theresa May’s regime, but if there are shortcomings on his watch he should be held to account.
Corona Virus on 23:50 - Mar 30 with 1280 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 23:35 - Mar 30 by majorraglan

Can’t see the whole article as it’s behind a pay wall, but if that’s the case when this is all over I expect some serious questions to be asked of the Government. I suspect Boris will probably deflect a lot of the blame on to Theresa May’s regime, but if there are shortcomings on his watch he should be held to account.

This is the Mirror version based on the Telegraph one
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/coronavirus-uk-warned-3-years-21773821
Corona Virus on 23:59 - Mar 30 with 2232 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:55 - Mar 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes on the same day.

No comment on the UK performance by comparison then?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 21:08]

Not true.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekeating/2020/03/12/italy-banned-flights-from-ch
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024