Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424998 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 23:33 - Mar 31 with 1871 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 22:01 - Mar 31 by majorraglan

There’s no doubt the Government have a huge job on their hands which can’t be helped by the fact so many people are self isolating, Civil Service civil staffing levels being cut and the scale of the challenge, pretty sure there’s a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing, but there appear to be some discrepancies in what we are hearing which need to be questioned.

Why weren’t we better prepared?
Why haven’t they stopped flights from certain places?
Why aren’t we assessing people when they enter the country?
Did we change tactic?
Why did Dyson get the ventilator order?
Why has Gove made the comment re testing reagent?
What is going on with the testing?

Ineos is one of the biggest Chemical companies in Europe, it’s owned by a Brit - pretty sure they could pitch in and help out.

We need some honesty. Strikes me that the problem with the journo’s is that there’s a small pool of them and no one wants to bite the hand that feeds them so they don’t rock the boat.

Two more questions.
Where has all the Malaria/Lupus medicine gone
Why aren't we using it like other countries.
The US FDA has cleared it for use with COVID19.
Corona Virus on 01:01 - Apr 1 with 1806 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 23:33 - Mar 31 by A_Fans_Dad

Two more questions.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-

The first couple of lines give the game away...

"As part of the Trump Administration’s all-hands-on-deck approach across public, academic and private sectors to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration stood up a new program to expedite the development of potentially safe and effective life-saving treatments."

Later in the presser...

"Work is also ongoing to evaluate whether existing therapies such as chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine (with or without other medications) help treat patients with COVID-19."

So it IS NOT PROVEN to work as yet.

AfD, give it up as you are a danger to gullible/trusting people.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 04:29 - Apr 1 with 1742 viewsjackonicko

Two more questions.

You really need to chill out on the conspiracy theories, you know.

One of your favourite case studies, Singapore, is publishing all information on all the drugs it’s evaluating. Including the chloroquine and variants. Latest up to the minute clinical data published by the Singapore Ministry of Health is here:

https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/clinical-evidence-summaries

This is really easy to understand so I recommend to all who are interested. They update all the time on all the various clinical options available.

Singapore has some of the best treatment/recovery rates in the world for the most serious cases, and they are largely using other anti viral drugs (particularly HIV related treatments). If there was real clinical value in using chloroquine they would a) be using it themselves and b) telling everyone about it.

There may be a role for anti malarial drugs if they helpfully boost the bodies own response, but the data is very limited and the guidance in the link above is that a parasite borne virus (like Malaria) is very different to a Coronavirus like transmission. Singapore is getting much better response rates from other drugs (as listed in the link above).
Corona Virus on 08:26 - Apr 1 with 1664 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 04:29 - Apr 1 by jackonicko

You really need to chill out on the conspiracy theories, you know.

One of your favourite case studies, Singapore, is publishing all information on all the drugs it’s evaluating. Including the chloroquine and variants. Latest up to the minute clinical data published by the Singapore Ministry of Health is here:

https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/clinical-evidence-summaries

This is really easy to understand so I recommend to all who are interested. They update all the time on all the various clinical options available.

Singapore has some of the best treatment/recovery rates in the world for the most serious cases, and they are largely using other anti viral drugs (particularly HIV related treatments). If there was real clinical value in using chloroquine they would a) be using it themselves and b) telling everyone about it.

There may be a role for anti malarial drugs if they helpfully boost the bodies own response, but the data is very limited and the guidance in the link above is that a parasite borne virus (like Malaria) is very different to a Coronavirus like transmission. Singapore is getting much better response rates from other drugs (as listed in the link above).

There is no good evidence of the effect of chloroquine. The paper describing it was a poorly conducted almost fraudulent piece of science.

Malaria is not cause by a virus. It is a protozoan. A small but multicellular apicomplexan
Of the plasmodium species. Four of which cause human malaria.
Corona Virus on 08:35 - Apr 1 with 1632 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corona Virus on 08:26 - Apr 1 by Professor

There is no good evidence of the effect of chloroquine. The paper describing it was a poorly conducted almost fraudulent piece of science.

Malaria is not cause by a virus. It is a protozoan. A small but multicellular apicomplexan
Of the plasmodium species. Four of which cause human malaria.

I wish he’d give his laptop back to his son. As if there’s not enough hysteria going around already.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona Virus on 09:00 - Apr 1 with 1626 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 08:35 - Apr 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I wish he’d give his laptop back to his son. As if there’s not enough hysteria going around already.

Frankly, I’m surprised he hasn’t blamed referees for Covid 19.
Corona Virus on 09:01 - Apr 1 with 1613 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corona Virus on 09:00 - Apr 1 by WarwickHunt

Frankly, I’m surprised he hasn’t blamed referees for Covid 19.

Now don’t you start giving him ideas!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona Virus on 09:24 - Apr 1 with 1592 viewsjasper_T

Two more questions.

It's going to lupus patients, hopefully.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 10:15 - Apr 1 with 1540 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 20:02 - Mar 31 by JACKMANANDBOY

Be interesting to see what the response is, is there no reagent issue or has Preston asked the wrong question.

Edit apparently Labour MP asked the question of the industry not Peston.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 20:16]

Peston's article seems to have been moved off the ITV News Website.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 11:00 - Apr 1 with 1480 viewsThebus

A very interesting article written in the Spectator by Dr John Lee, worth having a read.
Basically he’s saying that this pandemic is the first pandemic in age of the media, and the way the numbers are now counted as opposed to seasonal flu, makes the Coronavirus nowhere as dangerous as the hysterical reporting by the media make it out to be.
Corona Virus on 11:11 - Apr 1 with 1462 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 11:00 - Apr 1 by Thebus

A very interesting article written in the Spectator by Dr John Lee, worth having a read.
Basically he’s saying that this pandemic is the first pandemic in age of the media, and the way the numbers are now counted as opposed to seasonal flu, makes the Coronavirus nowhere as dangerous as the hysterical reporting by the media make it out to be.

Agree about the media, some inaccurate reporting with articles pulled after publishing. For seven days the BBC ran pictures of empty shelves on its front page, that idiot Peston has an article about difficult end of life choices as if these did not exist before the virus.
The media has been shown up to be what it is, sensationalist, inaccurate and of low capability.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 11:27 - Apr 1 with 1429 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 11:11 - Apr 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

Agree about the media, some inaccurate reporting with articles pulled after publishing. For seven days the BBC ran pictures of empty shelves on its front page, that idiot Peston has an article about difficult end of life choices as if these did not exist before the virus.
The media has been shown up to be what it is, sensationalist, inaccurate and of low capability.

I agree. Also from the article by Dr John Lee - he’s says that people who die who have the virus are being recorded as of dying from the virus itself, when in fact they haven’t.

Compare that to seasonal flu and where people who die of flu aren’t recorded as of dying from the flu, in the U.K.

Since September last year, 38,000,000 Americans have developed the seasonal flu and resulting in 23,000 deaths - why isn’t the media reporting those statistics in the way they report the Coronavirus ?.
Corona Virus on 11:31 - Apr 1 with 1420 viewschad

Corona Virus on 11:00 - Apr 1 by Thebus

Think it was quite dangerous for these actual people

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/not-ready-to-go-tributes-paid-to-u

And the tens of thousands of people all over the world who have already joined them
Corona Virus on 11:38 - Apr 1 with 1402 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 11:31 - Apr 1 by chad

Think it was quite dangerous for these actual people

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/not-ready-to-go-tributes-paid-to-u

And the tens of thousands of people all over the world who have already joined them

You could do the same with the seasonal flu if you wanted too.
As Dr John Lee also says you have to look at things in context and that the daily death rates are more or less the same as any other day ( pre Coronovirus )

Also more people will die worldwide by being locked down than the virus itself.
Corona Virus on 11:48 - Apr 1 with 1375 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 11:38 - Apr 1 by Thebus

As Dr John Lee also says you have to look at things in context and that the daily death rates are more or less the same as any other day ( pre Coronovirus )

No you couldn't. At least half of that list would not have died of the flu, I'd put money on it. Neither would have the 13 year old who died on Monday in London.

How is someone going to die directly because of a lock down?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 12:03]
Corona Virus on 12:01 - Apr 1 with 1343 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 11:48 - Apr 1 by Scotia

No you couldn't. At least half of that list would not have died of the flu, I'd put money on it. Neither would have the 13 year old who died on Monday in London.

Of course they wouldn’t. Many of the those considered extremely vulnerable would die of the flu without the flu jab. The flu jab is far from perfect but it alleviates the worst of the symptoms and saves lives.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 12:03 - Apr 1 with 1333 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 11:48 - Apr 1 by Scotia

I didn’t say ,“die directly because of the shutdown”
Please stop misquoting me.

Professor Neil Ferguson from imperial college has stated that he expects 20,000 Coronavirus deaths in the U.K. but, importantly 2/3 of these people would have died anyway.

I’m other words he says the crude figure of 20,000 is 3 times higher than the actual figure of people who have actually died from the Coronovirus.
Corona Virus on 12:06 - Apr 1 with 1326 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 12:01 - Apr 1 by Joe_bradshaw

Of course they wouldn’t. Many of the those considered extremely vulnerable would die of the flu without the flu jab. The flu jab is far from perfect but it alleviates the worst of the symptoms and saves lives.

I learned fairly recently that the flu jab is a guess. Worldwide experts get together and decide which strain of flu is most likely to be prevalent in the forthcoming winter, and that's the one they go with hoping that they're right.

They usually are, but when they get it wrong things can go very badly, as evidenced by the fluctuation in the seasonal flu death tolls, from nearly 30,000 in 14/15 to less than 2,000 in 18/19.

Hopefully in time we'll get some sort of vaccination against Covid, but I doubt it'll go away completely for a long time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 12:07 - Apr 1 with 1319 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 11:27 - Apr 1 by Thebus

I agree. Also from the article by Dr John Lee - he’s says that people who die who have the virus are being recorded as of dying from the virus itself, when in fact they haven’t.

Compare that to seasonal flu and where people who die of flu aren’t recorded as of dying from the flu, in the U.K.

Since September last year, 38,000,000 Americans have developed the seasonal flu and resulting in 23,000 deaths - why isn’t the media reporting those statistics in the way they report the Coronavirus ?.

If 38 million people get this over the next 6 months we're going to see a hell of a lot more than 23 thousand deaths as a result. Some with die directly of the virus, some will die from secondary conditions (like Russia's thousands of new viral pneumonia deaths), others will die of normal things like heart attacks because there isn't any space in hospitals to receive potentially life-saving treatment in time.

We take the flu seriously. We have vaccines that are given to vulnerable people. It's not something we ignore. But influenza is far less deadly than this. And there is no vaccine.
Corona Virus on 12:10 - Apr 1 with 1308 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 12:07 - Apr 1 by jasper_T

If 38 million people get this over the next 6 months we're going to see a hell of a lot more than 23 thousand deaths as a result. Some with die directly of the virus, some will die from secondary conditions (like Russia's thousands of new viral pneumonia deaths), others will die of normal things like heart attacks because there isn't any space in hospitals to receive potentially life-saving treatment in time.

We take the flu seriously. We have vaccines that are given to vulnerable people. It's not something we ignore. But influenza is far less deadly than this. And there is no vaccine.

No one knows how many Coronavirus virus cases the U.K. has had yet, my guess would already be millions, therefore if that’s correct, what you are saying is wrong.
Corona Virus on 12:11 - Apr 1 with 1305 viewschad

Corona Virus on 11:38 - Apr 1 by Thebus

Perhaps read the bios and see if you think the fact they tested positive for COVID was purely incidental.

You understand also it is being reported in France and Spain that large tranches of people are dying in care homes who are not being checked or counted.

There is much more to come little doubt.

Of course we will all die eventually as far as we know, should we all just go now? That would even reduce deaths as less children would be born. Stats in context hey.
Corona Virus on 12:16 - Apr 1 with 1285 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 11:27 - Apr 1 by Thebus

Thebus, the 23,000 deaths from the flu in the USA involved not 1 but 4 viruses.
It was over a period of 6 months, the US deaths from COVID19 has been over 4000 in 3 weeks and still increasing with social spacing in place.
Currently there are nearly 900 deaths/day, which if left unchecked would be 27,000 in 1 month.
I can see a slight difference even if Dr John Lee can't.
Corona Virus on 12:19 - Apr 1 with 1278 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 12:11 - Apr 1 by chad

Perhaps read the bios and see if you think the fact they tested positive for COVID was purely incidental.

You understand also it is being reported in France and Spain that large tranches of people are dying in care homes who are not being checked or counted.

There is much more to come little doubt.

Of course we will all die eventually as far as we know, should we all just go now? That would even reduce deaths as less children would be born. Stats in context hey.

Most people in care homes are elderly or have other underlying health issues and therefore you cannot gain a true representation of direct Coronovirus deaths.

Also it’s possible that a huge percentage of the population is asymptomatic.
The only way to know would be a huge testing regime of the general population.
Corona Virus on 12:25 - Apr 1 with 1266 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 12:16 - Apr 1 by A_Fans_Dad

Thebus, the 23,000 deaths from the flu in the USA involved not 1 but 4 viruses.
It was over a period of 6 months, the US deaths from COVID19 has been over 4000 in 3 weeks and still increasing with social spacing in place.
Currently there are nearly 900 deaths/day, which if left unchecked would be 27,000 in 1 month.
I can see a slight difference even if Dr John Lee can't.

Do you honestly believe the Coronovirus has only started to effect America in the last 3 weeks....lol

People could have died from it since the beginning of the year and the cause of death would have been given as some other respiratory condition.

At a guess I’d say millions upon millions of Americans have already been infected.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 12:27]
Corona Virus on 12:31 - Apr 1 with 1427 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 12:25 - Apr 1 by Thebus

Do you honestly believe the Coronovirus has only started to effect America in the last 3 weeks....lol

People could have died from it since the beginning of the year and the cause of death would have been given as some other respiratory condition.

At a guess I’d say millions upon millions of Americans have already been infected.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 12:27]

At a guess I’d say you’re underestimating it’s affect.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024