Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437187 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 17:37 - Mar 28 with 2215 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 17:36 - Mar 28 by Catullus

I know we've started testing in Wales, the English hadn't but soon will.

Oh dear.
Corona Virus on 00:07 - Mar 29 with 1983 viewsBest_loser

Sunday Times are reporting that it's virtually certain the lockdown will last another 3 months at least

Hope not
Corona Virus on 00:46 - Mar 29 with 1941 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 00:07 - Mar 29 by Best_loser

Sunday Times are reporting that it's virtually certain the lockdown will last another 3 months at least

Hope not

At a rough guess, I would say September, and that is being optimistic.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 02:14 - Mar 29 with 1905 viewsDJack

It is not safe until we reach herd immunity and/or have a vaccine... both are a long way away. Pucker up, this is going to take a while.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 02:22 - Mar 29 with 1891 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 02:14 - Mar 29 by DJack

It is not safe until we reach herd immunity and/or have a vaccine... both are a long way away. Pucker up, this is going to take a while.

Of course, I wonder when the vulnerable, will be safe to come out, or when friends and family , will be safe to meet them. Unless they get a vaccine, we will be talking to our elderly loved ones and friends, (from a safe distance) this time next year :(

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 02:35 - Mar 29 with 1883 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 02:22 - Mar 29 by Jack123

Of course, I wonder when the vulnerable, will be safe to come out, or when friends and family , will be safe to meet them. Unless they get a vaccine, we will be talking to our elderly loved ones and friends, (from a safe distance) this time next year :(

Read it and weep...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-plan.html

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 08:05 - Mar 29 with 1738 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 02:14 - Mar 29 by DJack

Pucker up? Kissing strangers isn’t a good idea...
Corona Virus on 08:12 - Mar 29 with 1733 viewssainthelens

Big big thread, not sure if anyone has mentioned everyone's mental health after this is over? If wer cooped up for 6 months, gonna be lot of very strange behaviour going on. Very worrying.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 08:17 - Mar 29 with 1730 viewsladyjack

I doesn't make good reading, should have done what the Chinese did blah blah, proper testing, proper isolation of those infected, proper tracing of people that have been in contact with infected people, it wasn't rocket science to learn best practice from others, I was saying it from the start that we should have done the proven good things that others had done like the Chinese but Boris and his advisors were asleep at the wheel.
Boris and our Government had a few weeks head start over other countries but have wasted it, following some herd plan that no other country was doing would have overwhelmed the NHS with casualties combined with austerity measures meaning we have not got the intensive care beds that the likes of Italy and Germany have we have been left in a vunerable position by our leaders in Westminster.
Corona Virus on 09:00 - Mar 29 with 1693 viewsBrynmill_Jack

In other news - Sam Smith convinced house is haunted after sharing performance of Ordinary People by the “incredible “ John Legend . Warning - this link may both underwhelm and disappoint simultaneously. As does the song.

https://apple.news/AtRi4e4xeQHeVbB6-XioyPA

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona Virus on 09:54 - Mar 29 with 1653 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 08:12 - Mar 29 by sainthelens

Big big thread, not sure if anyone has mentioned everyone's mental health after this is over? If wer cooped up for 6 months, gonna be lot of very strange behaviour going on. Very worrying.

Divorce rate will be astronomical. Seriously.

More seriously, those poor women that suffer domestic abuse (and men, of course), will have no respite or escape.

Until the vaccine comes we are stuffed aren’t we? Even with herd, the more at risk people who haven’t had it would still risking intensive care and a toss of a coin survival risk. As indeed might be younger fitter people by the sound of the thing. It surely must change the way the whole world operates.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 09:56 - Mar 29 with 1648 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 09:54 - Mar 29 by monmouth

Divorce rate will be astronomical. Seriously.

More seriously, those poor women that suffer domestic abuse (and men, of course), will have no respite or escape.

Until the vaccine comes we are stuffed aren’t we? Even with herd, the more at risk people who haven’t had it would still risking intensive care and a toss of a coin survival risk. As indeed might be younger fitter people by the sound of the thing. It surely must change the way the whole world operates.

Seeing people without an haircut, it'll be like being back in the 60s.
Corona Virus on 10:08 - Mar 29 with 1626 viewsBest_loser

Corona Virus on 09:56 - Mar 29 by sainthelens

Or the 70 s, most men have the equipment to go skinhead

Buzz cuts take about 10 mins
Corona Virus on 10:12 - Mar 29 with 1618 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 08:17 - Mar 29 by ladyjack

I doesn't make good reading, should have done what the Chinese did blah blah, proper testing, proper isolation of those infected, proper tracing of people that have been in contact with infected people, it wasn't rocket science to learn best practice from others, I was saying it from the start that we should have done the proven good things that others had done like the Chinese but Boris and his advisors were asleep at the wheel.
Boris and our Government had a few weeks head start over other countries but have wasted it, following some herd plan that no other country was doing would have overwhelmed the NHS with casualties combined with austerity measures meaning we have not got the intensive care beds that the likes of Italy and Germany have we have been left in a vunerable position by our leaders in Westminster.

What no oher country is doing? Sweden? What are they doing?

http://theconversation.com/sweden-under-fire-for-relaxed-coronavirus-approach-he

Russia (whether it's true or false) was claiming it doesn't have a Covid epidemic and hasn't done very much,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52061381

Asking people to take a week off and stay at home, hardly a lockdown. Countries are doing what they feel they must and that is not exctly the same for everyone. Whether that's right or wrong only time will tell.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 10:12 - Mar 29 with 1618 viewssP7qupUf

Jack Nicholson will be along to give some advice on isolation in a minute!!
Corona Virus on 10:20 - Mar 29 with 1610 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 10:12 - Mar 29 by Catullus

What no oher country is doing? Sweden? What are they doing?

http://theconversation.com/sweden-under-fire-for-relaxed-coronavirus-approach-he

Russia (whether it's true or false) was claiming it doesn't have a Covid epidemic and hasn't done very much,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52061381

Asking people to take a week off and stay at home, hardly a lockdown. Countries are doing what they feel they must and that is not exctly the same for everyone. Whether that's right or wrong only time will tell.

With countries having different ways of quarantine , when some travel restrictions are lifted and still no vaccine, this will only continue.
Have said all along this'll go on for 12/18 months.
Last man standing please turn off the lights.
Corona Virus on 10:23 - Mar 29 with 1600 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 09:56 - Mar 29 by sainthelens

We’ll all look like cousin Itt by the time this is over.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 10:29 - Mar 29 with 1577 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 10:23 - Mar 29 by Joe_bradshaw

Darran couldn't be reached for comment

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 10:33 - Mar 29 with 1566 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 10:23 - Mar 29 by Joe_bradshaw

I've been DIY grade 2 for years now so I'm closer to Fester than it because, as the grey hairs spread I've been cropping closer and closer!

I have just been told and hopefully this really is fake news, the market in Wuhan where this supposedly started has opened back up. Has anyone else seen or been told this?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 10:39 - Mar 29 with 1547 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 08:05 - Mar 29 by WarwickHunt

Pucker up? Kissing strangers isn’t a good idea...

If it comes own to strangers or my wife.....I'll go for the dog! She reckons I love him more anyway.

Now about mental health, maybe we could have a Planetswans quiz, not just sport either. Take it in turns a couple of times a week. First person with all the right answers wins. Just for fun.

Corona Virus on 10:42 - Mar 29 with 1540 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Meanwhile in Sweden

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52076293

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 10:47 - Mar 29 with 1529 viewsbuilthjack

Corona Virus on 10:42 - Mar 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

Meanwhile in Sweden

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52076293

That was us 2 weeks ago

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 10:55 - Mar 29 with 1501 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 10:47 - Mar 29 by builthjack

That was us 2 weeks ago

It was.

The Wales v Scotland game was called off at the last minute just 15 days ago and the Stereophonics played the Motorpoint arena two weeks ago today.

It’s been a long two weeks...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 11:35 - Mar 29 with 1445 viewsDarran

‪I’m hearing that everyone who’s been put on one of the new Dyson ventilators for Coronavirus has started picking up. ‬

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corona Virus on 11:44 - Mar 29 with 2161 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Some information from a real Korian expert on epidemics and COVID19 in particular.

ps by expert, I mean an actual hands on very experienced Medical Professional
Not some ivory tower Scientist playing with computer models
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 12:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024