Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424932 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 12:40 - Apr 1 with 1181 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 12:31 - Apr 1 by longlostjack

At a guess I’d say you’re underestimating it’s affect.

How can you say that when you don’t know what percentage of the population are asymptomatic.
One thing that we can be sure of is the numbers the government release everyday is wrong, because there is no wide spread testing as of yet, and the 1,800 deaths from Coronavirus in the U.K. are 1,800 who have died whilst having the virus - not necessarily died as a result of the virus.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 12:41]
Corona Virus on 12:46 - Apr 1 with 1168 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 12:03 - Apr 1 by Thebus

I didn’t say ,“die directly because of the shutdown”
Please stop misquoting me.

Professor Neil Ferguson from imperial college has stated that he expects 20,000 Coronavirus deaths in the U.K. but, importantly 2/3 of these people would have died anyway.

I’m other words he says the crude figure of 20,000 is 3 times higher than the actual figure of people who have actually died from the Coronovirus.

Feel free to clarify what you mean. How is anyone going to die of anything directly or indirectly relating to a lock down? You seem to think this is a bad idea?

I'm pretty certain 20,000 of those would have died anyway. At some point, but I think I know what you mean. Hardly any people die of flu who aren't in a highly vulnerable group, with or without a vaccine.

Just look at that list from the Guardian, would a middle aged market trader die of flu? Would a mid 50's surgeon die of flu? No way.

Some people who aren't in a highly vulnearable group have died of Covid. If by Prof Fergusons figures that is 6667 in this country alone that absolutely dwarves deaths directly by flu in the fit and well population..
Corona Virus on 12:49 - Apr 1 with 1159 viewsjasper_T

It's just wishful thinking to believe that's it's already spread everywhere and is relatively harmless, with an influenza-like CFR of <0.1%. Less than 1 in 5 UK tests have returned positive and we're mostly only testing the very sick with the right symptoms. If millions have it, it's the low millions and most of those cases won't have resolved yet.
Corona Virus on 13:06 - Apr 1 with 1122 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 12:25 - Apr 1 by Thebus

Do you honestly believe the Coronovirus has only started to effect America in the last 3 weeks....lol

People could have died from it since the beginning of the year and the cause of death would have been given as some other respiratory condition.

At a guess I’d say millions upon millions of Americans have already been infected.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 12:27]

Have you looked at the chart of deaths, it started to rise on the 8th of March and now stands at 4056, 23 days later.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Have you never heard of "lags"?
ie the time between getting the desease and actually dying of it.
Corona Virus on 13:14 - Apr 1 with 1104 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 13:06 - Apr 1 by A_Fans_Dad

Have you looked at the chart of deaths, it started to rise on the 8th of March and now stands at 4056, 23 days later.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Have you never heard of "lags"?
ie the time between getting the desease and actually dying of it.

4056 who have died had the virus, doesn’t mean that they died from the virus
Corona Virus on 13:20 - Apr 1 with 1094 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 12:46 - Apr 1 by Scotia

Feel free to clarify what you mean. How is anyone going to die of anything directly or indirectly relating to a lock down? You seem to think this is a bad idea?

I'm pretty certain 20,000 of those would have died anyway. At some point, but I think I know what you mean. Hardly any people die of flu who aren't in a highly vulnerable group, with or without a vaccine.

Just look at that list from the Guardian, would a middle aged market trader die of flu? Would a mid 50's surgeon die of flu? No way.

Some people who aren't in a highly vulnearable group have died of Covid. If by Prof Fergusons figures that is 6667 in this country alone that absolutely dwarves deaths directly by flu in the fit and well population..

During the last financial crash 220 million people world wide slipped into poverty.
This lockdown could have similar consequences.
Therefore being in poverty means more dying and suffering.

In the U.K. I think suicides will rocket during this lockdown and also a lot of people will suffer mental health issues.
Corona Virus on 13:23 - Apr 1 with 1085 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 12:49 - Apr 1 by jasper_T

It's just wishful thinking to believe that's it's already spread everywhere and is relatively harmless, with an influenza-like CFR of <0.1%. Less than 1 in 5 UK tests have returned positive and we're mostly only testing the very sick with the right symptoms. If millions have it, it's the low millions and most of those cases won't have resolved yet.

What 1in 5 tests in the U.K.
The antibody test aren’t available as of yet.
Corona Virus on 13:27 - Apr 1 with 1083 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 12:49 - Apr 1 by jasper_T

Of course it is. It is absolutley nonsensical to think that a virus that hospitalises 20% of known cases and is incredibly contagious has been spreading anywhere unnoticed before the start of the year. It was spreading in the community of Lombardy for about a week before it was noticed and look at the situation there.

Do people think we are building field hospitals for the benefit of the media? We are building them becasue they are needed. They weren't needed before because there wasn't a deadly, highly contagious virus spreading around.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 13:50 - Apr 1 with 1040 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 13:23 - Apr 1 by Thebus

What 1in 5 tests in the U.K.
The antibody test aren’t available as of yet.

25k of the 143k tests performed in the UK (as of yesterday morning) have returned positive.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
Corona Virus on 13:57 - Apr 1 with 1018 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 04:29 - Apr 1 by jackonicko

You really need to chill out on the conspiracy theories, you know.

One of your favourite case studies, Singapore, is publishing all information on all the drugs it’s evaluating. Including the chloroquine and variants. Latest up to the minute clinical data published by the Singapore Ministry of Health is here:

https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/clinical-evidence-summaries

This is really easy to understand so I recommend to all who are interested. They update all the time on all the various clinical options available.

Singapore has some of the best treatment/recovery rates in the world for the most serious cases, and they are largely using other anti viral drugs (particularly HIV related treatments). If there was real clinical value in using chloroquine they would a) be using it themselves and b) telling everyone about it.

There may be a role for anti malarial drugs if they helpfully boost the bodies own response, but the data is very limited and the guidance in the link above is that a parasite borne virus (like Malaria) is very different to a Coronavirus like transmission. Singapore is getting much better response rates from other drugs (as listed in the link above).

I can understand why the Singapore Ministry of Health would err on the side of extreme caution.
They have correctly controlled the virus.
But their case load of less than 500 and only 3 deaths is not going to provide any urgency.
In fact if you had actually read about each of those drugs they do not appear to use or recommend a single one of them.
So are they doing any actual testing, because I could not find where they said they were?
As their evaluation is bringing together what everyone else has done, is doing or propose to do.
However for those countries with case loads in the thousands and daily deaths in the hundreds I can see the attraction of any medicine that might ease the burden, symptoms and deaths. Hence the US FDA authorising it's use.
With the earliest trials not scheduled to end until sometime in May it will be too late for those countries peaking this month.
Corona Virus on 14:01 - Apr 1 with 1006 viewsCountyJim

I was tested Saturday morning just had my result back positive

Ridiculous the length of time considering Bojo had his results in 6 hours pathetic
Corona Virus on 14:01 - Apr 1 with 1006 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 13:14 - Apr 1 by Thebus

4056 who have died had the virus, doesn’t mean that they died from the virus

You are burying your head in the sand, do you honestly think that all the flu cases actually died of the Flu?
In fact I very much doubt if any of them did, it is always the complications that cause the actual death.
ie
Pnuemonia, heart attack, organ failure or sepsis.
Corona Virus on 14:03 - Apr 1 with 998 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 14:01 - Apr 1 by A_Fans_Dad

You are burying your head in the sand, do you honestly think that all the flu cases actually died of the Flu?
In fact I very much doubt if any of them did, it is always the complications that cause the actual death.
ie
Pnuemonia, heart attack, organ failure or sepsis.

You are completely missing the point.
Corona Virus on 14:06 - Apr 1 with 995 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 13:20 - Apr 1 by Thebus

During the last financial crash 220 million people world wide slipped into poverty.
This lockdown could have similar consequences.
Therefore being in poverty means more dying and suffering.

In the U.K. I think suicides will rocket during this lockdown and also a lot of people will suffer mental health issues.

Ok. To use you're logic regarding deaths by covid they are dying of poverty and poorly managed mental health then? They just happen to be locked down at the time.

My take is that this is a bit of an artificial financial crash, hoepfully we'll recover from it fairly quickly. Quicker than a regular financial crash.

If we continue on the current UK pattern of lockdown we MAY be able to partially lift in about 8 weeks. Hopefully anyone struggling will be able to cope for that long - providing everyone sticks to the rules.
Corona Virus on 14:07 - Apr 1 with 992 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 14:01 - Apr 1 by CountyJim

Ridiculous the length of time considering Bojo had his results in 6 hours pathetic

All the very best to you.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 14:07 - Apr 1 with 990 viewsZaxx

Stay well Jim.
Hope you're feeling ok.
Corona Virus on 14:10 - Apr 1 with 985 viewsCountyJim

I'm fine thanks first 3 days i just slept 16-17 hours didn't want to eat
Corona Virus on 14:10 - Apr 1 with 984 viewsCooperman

In among all the posturing and squabbling on here may I be the first to wish you a speedy recovery.

Get yourself locked down with sufficient supplies and knowledge of who / what to call if you need to.

Get well soon. Jim.

Edit - one of the first 😉
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 14:10]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 14:12 - Apr 1 with 973 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 13:50 - Apr 1 by jasper_T

25k of the 143k tests performed in the UK (as of yesterday morning) have returned positive.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public

That is not the antibody test and don’t forget the limited testing that is going on are on people who already show symptoms of the virus at hospital .....and as I’ve already said those tests aren’t the antibody tests that will tell if you have already had the virus.

Even the experts say the vast majority of Coronovirus cases won’t have been detected because people either have had no symptoms at all , or mild symptoms and haven’t been to hospital.

The soon mass antibody testing gets underway, the sooner the lockdown will end.
Corona Virus on 14:13 - Apr 1 with 972 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 14:12 - Apr 1 by Thebus

That is not the antibody test and don’t forget the limited testing that is going on are on people who already show symptoms of the virus at hospital .....and as I’ve already said those tests aren’t the antibody tests that will tell if you have already had the virus.

Even the experts say the vast majority of Coronovirus cases won’t have been detected because people either have had no symptoms at all , or mild symptoms and haven’t been to hospital.

The soon mass antibody testing gets underway, the sooner the lockdown will end.

Oh, you're one of those nutcases convinced they had it in December and half the country has already been through it. Carry on, then.
Corona Virus on 14:16 - Apr 1 with 955 viewsThebus

All the best and I’m sure you’ll make a swift recovery.
To answer your question Boris is the PM and as PM he will received preferential treatment.
Corona Virus on 14:18 - Apr 1 with 950 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 14:06 - Apr 1 by Scotia

Ok. To use you're logic regarding deaths by covid they are dying of poverty and poorly managed mental health then? They just happen to be locked down at the time.

My take is that this is a bit of an artificial financial crash, hoepfully we'll recover from it fairly quickly. Quicker than a regular financial crash.

If we continue on the current UK pattern of lockdown we MAY be able to partially lift in about 8 weeks. Hopefully anyone struggling will be able to cope for that long - providing everyone sticks to the rules.

Don’t understand a word of what you have written there
Corona Virus on 14:22 - Apr 1 with 944 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 14:13 - Apr 1 by jasper_T

Oh, you're one of those nutcases convinced they had it in December and half the country has already been through it. Carry on, then.

And you must be one of those nut cases who thinks it’s the end of civilisation.
The truth is no one knows how widespread the virus is in the U.K. because no antibody testing been carried out.

The reality is though that the actual numbers are probably already in the millions.
Corona Virus on 14:23 - Apr 1 with 944 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sorry to here that, I hope the symptoms are and remain low level.

Good job you self quarantined isn't it?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 14:23]
Corona Virus on 14:34 - Apr 1 with 1561 viewsJack123

Just came up 563 new deaths uk, that's hell of a jump! Were the scientists expecting this?

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024