Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs shutting as from tonight 09:56 - Mar 19 with 1289 viewsdickythorpe

Every publican I've spoken to so far today is saying
Pubs shutting as from tonight on 10:01 - Mar 19 with 1278 viewsProfessor

About a week too late.
Pubs shutting as from tonight on 10:17 - Mar 19 with 1245 viewsCatullus

This seems like the big mistake. Pubs/clubs etc should have been ordered to close and the financial aid (even if they didn't have details to release at that time) should have been promised.
It was people worrying about money that led to pubs staying open.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 10:19 - Mar 19 with 1239 viewsKGriz16

Source young sport?
Pubs shutting as from tonight on 13:39 - Mar 19 with 1141 viewsScotia

I hope so. Wetherspoons seems to be as popular as ever with the over 60's.

The Penlan club is still planning their usual Saturday show this weekend, usually a couple of hundred OAP's in the same room. Nuts.
Pubs shutting as from tonight on 13:42 - Mar 19 with 1128 viewsSwanjaxs

My stepson manages a pub in Splot, shutting tonight for at least the next fortnight.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 13:43 - Mar 19 with 1120 viewspencoedjack

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 13:42 - Mar 19 by Swanjaxs

My stepson manages a pub in Splot, shutting tonight for at least the next fortnight.

More worrying is he a Bassey mate?
Pubs shutting as from tonight on 13:44 - Mar 19 with 1117 viewspencoedjack

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 10:01 - Mar 19 by Professor

About a week too late.

People are not forced to go .....
Pubs shutting as from tonight on 13:45 - Mar 19 with 1113 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 10:17 - Mar 19 by Catullus

This seems like the big mistake. Pubs/clubs etc should have been ordered to close and the financial aid (even if they didn't have details to release at that time) should have been promised.
It was people worrying about money that led to pubs staying open.

If true interesting that we follow a similar approach to France and Ireland, advise people to stay away, wait about four days and then close them, giving people s bit if time to adjust.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 13:45 - Mar 19 with 1112 viewsSwanjaxs

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 13:43 - Mar 19 by pencoedjack

More worrying is he a Bassey mate?

No mate he's a 100 % Jack Bàstard 👍😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 13:47 - Mar 19 with 1107 viewspencoedjack

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 13:45 - Mar 19 by Swanjaxs

No mate he's a 100 % Jack Bàstard 👍😎

That's OK then
Pubs shutting as from tonight on 15:20 - Mar 19 with 984 viewsFlashberryjack

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 13:39 - Mar 19 by Scotia

I hope so. Wetherspoons seems to be as popular as ever with the over 60's.

The Penlan club is still planning their usual Saturday show this weekend, usually a couple of hundred OAP's in the same room. Nuts.

Wonder if Wine Street will be closing, it seemed very popular with the under 60's last weekend.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 15:27 - Mar 19 with 963 views3swan

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 13:44 - Mar 19 by pencoedjack

People are not forced to go .....

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/pub-tries-entice-people-fre

Maybe it's a comment about the standard of their food
Pubs shutting as from tonight on 15:28 - Mar 19 with 959 viewsScotia

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 15:20 - Mar 19 by Flashberryjack

Wonder if Wine Street will be closing, it seemed very popular with the under 60's last weekend.

I hope so. Last weekend was before the new guidance mind. I passed the potters wheel last night and there was at 30 over 60's in there.
Pubs shutting as from tonight on 15:34 - Mar 19 with 945 views1983

Our local boozer is closing Friday we went there last night for grub and we had the biggest portion we have ever had there he said come tomorrow buy a few beers and you can have more of the same

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 15:50 - Mar 19 with 913 viewstaffpunk

So Pubs like my local, which tends to have between 4 and about a dozen people in there every afternoon Monday to Friday will be told to shut, while hundreds of people are allowed in large supermarkets at the same time. Seems a bit odd.

EDIT. Or do you mean the Pubs are making this decision themselves, not being told to close by the Government?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 15:53]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 17:58 - Mar 19 with 753 viewsLohengrin

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 15:50 - Mar 19 by taffpunk

So Pubs like my local, which tends to have between 4 and about a dozen people in there every afternoon Monday to Friday will be told to shut, while hundreds of people are allowed in large supermarkets at the same time. Seems a bit odd.

EDIT. Or do you mean the Pubs are making this decision themselves, not being told to close by the Government?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 15:53]

If pubs are closing it’s a decision they appear to be taking off their own back. That could all change in the coming weeks but there’s no compulsion as far as I am aware?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 18:07 - Mar 19 with 719 viewsFlashberryjack

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 15:28 - Mar 19 by Scotia

I hope so. Last weekend was before the new guidance mind. I passed the potters wheel last night and there was at 30 over 60's in there.

You're very observant.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 18:10 - Mar 19 with 714 viewstaffpunk

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 17:58 - Mar 19 by Lohengrin

If pubs are closing it’s a decision they appear to be taking off their own back. That could all change in the coming weeks but there’s no compulsion as far as I am aware?

One of the regulars in there every afternoon used to run a Company that specalised in 'Deep Cleaning' ,mostly after deaths. He retired in his early 50's, basically a millionaire, very eccentric but good fun. He obviously knows a lot about cleanliness/diseases etc, the on average 6 of us sit about a metre apart, are all aged between 50 and amazingly 69, all wash our hands regularly, and he reckons we're far safer in the Pub than being in Asda/Tesco and even outside in the fresh air.
Who am I to argue?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 18:13]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 18:11 - Mar 19 with 711 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interesting that Johnson mentioned that they are monitoring the pub takings in London as a measure of how people are behaving in different areas.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 18:27 - Mar 19 with 667 viewsLohengrin

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 18:10 - Mar 19 by taffpunk

One of the regulars in there every afternoon used to run a Company that specalised in 'Deep Cleaning' ,mostly after deaths. He retired in his early 50's, basically a millionaire, very eccentric but good fun. He obviously knows a lot about cleanliness/diseases etc, the on average 6 of us sit about a metre apart, are all aged between 50 and amazingly 69, all wash our hands regularly, and he reckons we're far safer in the Pub than being in Asda/Tesco and even outside in the fresh air.
Who am I to argue?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 18:13]

I’m no expert but that sounds about right to me, mate.

* Not entirely sure with the bit about the bar being much better for you than “fresh air” mind.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 18:38 - Mar 19 with 634 viewstaffpunk

Pubs shutting as from tonight on 18:27 - Mar 19 by Lohengrin

I’m no expert but that sounds about right to me, mate.

* Not entirely sure with the bit about the bar being much better for you than “fresh air” mind.

Must admit I made a face at him this afternoon, when he said that! I'm guessing he meant less chance of bumping into too many people.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024