Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How to identify stockpilers 13:55 - Mar 20 with 3128 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

My banking app reports my monthly spend by type, my bank knows exactly how much I normally spend in supermarkets. The data should not go to the Government but the banks could text/email/message those who have drastically increased their spend requesting that they cease immediately.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

How to identify stockpilers on 13:59 - Mar 20 with 2460 viewsCatullus

They can request all they like, the selfish b'stards won't listen unless the banks can take definitive action. Whatever that might be, which is well above my pay grade!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How to identify stockpilers on 14:12 - Mar 20 with 2444 viewsHighjack

How to identify stockpilers on 13:59 - Mar 20 by Catullus

They can request all they like, the selfish b'stards won't listen unless the banks can take definitive action. Whatever that might be, which is well above my pay grade!

Public flogging followed by immediate execution.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

How to identify stockpilers on 14:14 - Mar 20 with 2441 viewsCountyJim

How to identify stockpilers on 14:12 - Mar 20 by Highjack

There's a flaw in that theory what if they pay with cash
How to identify stockpilers on 14:14 - Mar 20 with 2441 viewsCatullus

How to identify stockpilers on 14:12 - Mar 20 by Highjack

Says Crown Prince Salman of the Saudi Royal family!!!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

How to identify stockpilers on 14:32 - Mar 20 with 2413 viewsHighjack

How to identify stockpilers on 14:14 - Mar 20 by CountyJim

There's a flaw in that theory what if they pay with cash

Bribery won’t get them out of it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

How to identify stockpilers on 15:08 - Mar 20 with 2360 viewsjojaca

How to identify stockpilers on 14:32 - Mar 20 by Highjack

Bribery won’t get them out of it.

What a pathetic idea, what if I bought 4k TV from Tesco.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 15:10]

Even when you know, you never know?

How to identify stockpilers on 15:12 - Mar 20 with 2348 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

How to identify stockpilers on 15:08 - Mar 20 by jojaca

In that case you would ignore the message, unless you are stockpiling TVs.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

How to identify stockpilers on 15:24 - Mar 20 with 2331 viewsKerouac

What if a family is self-isolating for a fortnight as requested to by the government?
Wouldn't they have to spend more money up front to ensure they have enough stuff for the next 14 days, wouldn't this appear like "hoarding" on a bank statement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

How to identify stockpilers on 15:37 - Mar 20 with 2324 viewsHighjack

How to identify stockpilers on 15:24 - Mar 20 by Kerouac

What if a family is self-isolating for a fortnight as requested to by the government?
Wouldn't they have to spend more money up front to ensure they have enough stuff for the next 14 days, wouldn't this appear like "hoarding" on a bank statement?

This is exactly the problem isn’t it? People are told to shop normally but there’s also the real risk of being forced to stay at home for three months being dangled over our heads like the sword of Damocles. So you can’t really blame people for stocking up anymore.

How to identify stockpilers on 18:07 - Mar 20 with 2237 viewsPozuelosSideys

Careful what you wish for. It looks like the political parties are waving through a load of "temporary" measures in order to "combat" the virus and the stupid stuff people are doing. Having a closer look, there are other things being bundled in with it.

One that sticks out is that authroities will be able to access personal data on all of us, specifically phone data, in order to trace indviduals who are not complying with some sort of distancing or isolation policy. This is not being challenged, and police would normally require a warrant issued by a judge to get this info. Now it will be a free for all. Reading the article in the link, the downsides are being very much swept under the carpet. Wave goodbye to anonymity when all this virus stuff has passed. Drip drip drip.

https://www.itpro.co.uk/security/privacy/355048/government-may-trace-covid-19-pa

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

How to identify stockpilers on 18:18 - Mar 20 with 2214 viewstheloneranger

How to identify stockpilers on 15:08 - Mar 20 by jojaca

You should have waited for the 8K models. 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

How to identify stockpilers on 19:45 - Mar 20 with 2148 viewshobo

How to identify stockpilers on 18:07 - Mar 20 by PozuelosSideys

Careful what you wish for. It looks like the political parties are waving through a load of "temporary" measures in order to "combat" the virus and the stupid stuff people are doing. Having a closer look, there are other things being bundled in with it.

One that sticks out is that authroities will be able to access personal data on all of us, specifically phone data, in order to trace indviduals who are not complying with some sort of distancing or isolation policy. This is not being challenged, and police would normally require a warrant issued by a judge to get this info. Now it will be a free for all. Reading the article in the link, the downsides are being very much swept under the carpet. Wave goodbye to anonymity when all this virus stuff has passed. Drip drip drip.

https://www.itpro.co.uk/security/privacy/355048/government-may-trace-covid-19-pa

cue the 'if you're not doing anything wrong then you've got nothing to worry about' numpties
How to identify stockpilers on 21:05 - Mar 20 with 2110 viewsjack2jack

It's easy Shirley, aren't they the tvvats coming out of Tesco's with two trolleys piled high.
How to identify stockpilers on 21:29 - Mar 20 with 2093 viewslondonlisa2001

How to identify stockpilers on 18:07 - Mar 20 by PozuelosSideys

The mobile phone tech being used is amazing though. And helps us all potentially.

The phone companies are, it seems, supplying data to the government that shows effects of different social distancing drives, how many times people are traveling around or moving from place to place etc etc.

Could be a life saver.

I don’t give a toss if it’s an intrusion if it saves lives. Once this is over we can worry about the intrusion aspects. The powers are only available for a specified time (2 years, I think).
How to identify stockpilers on 21:35 - Mar 20 with 2079 viewsSwanjaxs

How to identify stockpilers on 21:05 - Mar 20 by jack2jack

It's easy Shirley, aren't they the tvvats coming out of Tesco's with two trolleys piled high.

Absolutely mate!

Happy birthday to Mrs J2J by the way

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

How to identify stockpilers on 21:38 - Mar 20 with 2075 viewsjack2jack

How to identify stockpilers on 21:35 - Mar 20 by Swanjaxs

Absolutely mate!

Happy birthday to Mrs J2J by the way

Cheers SJ, she says thank you.👍
How to identify stockpilers on 21:45 - Mar 20 with 2060 viewsPozuelosSideys

How to identify stockpilers on 21:29 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

The mobile phone tech being used is amazing though. And helps us all potentially.

The phone companies are, it seems, supplying data to the government that shows effects of different social distancing drives, how many times people are traveling around or moving from place to place etc etc.

Could be a life saver.

I don’t give a toss if it’s an intrusion if it saves lives. Once this is over we can worry about the intrusion aspects. The powers are only available for a specified time (2 years, I think).

I take your point and understand the logic. For me personally its a step too far. When the genie is out of the bottle it isnt ever going back inside. You will effectively be tracked 24/7. Theyre talking about tracking the population, yet airplanes are still landing. Borders arent secure. They will take what has the potential to be very helpful in this rare, one off generational event (hopefully) and turn it into a land grab.

Its also completely pointless when people can just leave their (non-brick) phone at home.

Do we even know if the data being supplied to the Government already is anonymised? People are quick enough to haul the Government in front of the courts for anything of late, yet a blind eye is turned here.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

How to identify stockpilers on 22:02 - Mar 20 with 2039 viewsexiledclaseboy

It’s always one of the concerns in times of national crisis that unscrupulous governments will use the public nervousness to push through legislation curtailing privacy and other liberties. There are countless examples of this happening historically. Despite being (to put it mildly) no fan of Johnson and the Tories I have to believe that won’t be the case here. Most of the emergency powers are time limited and expire naturally. Others have to be renewed by parliament regularly for as long as they last.

Poll: Tory leader

How to identify stockpilers on 22:23 - Mar 20 with 2020 viewsdickythorpe

The greed of the supermarkets will not go unnoticed, I don't need an app for that!!
They only placed restrictions on number of items until the last minute.....they fúcking knew their tills would be ringing with people in fear really.

Maybe the fat cats will waive any bonuses and take pay cuts...........
How to identify stockpilers on 22:34 - Mar 20 with 2003 viewsjack2jack

How to identify stockpilers on 22:23 - Mar 20 by dickythorpe

The greed of the supermarkets will not go unnoticed, I don't need an app for that!!
They only placed restrictions on number of items until the last minute.....they fúcking knew their tills would be ringing with people in fear really.

The folk at the top are rubbing their fat little hands Dick, and will cream off more, due to the latest crisis.
Meanwhile for the rest of us plebs, Mrs J2J has been told not to turn up to work on Monday, as the shop will be closed for the foreseeable future.
How to identify stockpilers on 22:46 - Mar 20 with 1979 viewsJack123

How to identify stockpilers on 22:23 - Mar 20 by dickythorpe

Exactly! And like posted earlier on in another thread, Iv'e been building up a stockpile to fall back on, simply because I do not wish to venture out in the coming week. Until they place a lockdown, and some sort of rules in the supermarket, with the current crisis, it's a scary place to be..

The way the pharmacies are handling it, compared to the supermarkets is quite worrying.. If you ask a scientist or medical expert, where would the virus more likely to spread in Swansea for example, would it be the Potters Wheel on a Friday, Saturday night or would it be Lidls parc tawe Friday/ Saturday all day shopping, my guess would be Lidl scenario, simply because everyone is touching everything, compared to alcohol potters wheel, getting a bit too close..
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 23:29]

libera nos a malo

How to identify stockpilers on 23:11 - Mar 20 with 1962 viewsCatullus

How to identify stockpilers on 22:46 - Mar 20 by Jack123

Exactly! And like posted earlier on in another thread, Iv'e been building up a stockpile to fall back on, simply because I do not wish to venture out in the coming week. Until they place a lockdown, and some sort of rules in the supermarket, with the current crisis, it's a scary place to be..

The way the pharmacies are handling it, compared to the supermarkets is quite worrying.. If you ask a scientist or medical expert, where would the virus more likely to spread in Swansea for example, would it be the Potters Wheel on a Friday, Saturday night or would it be Lidls parc tawe Friday/ Saturday all day shopping, my guess would be Lidl scenario, simply because everyone is touching everything, compared to alcohol potters wheel, getting a bit too close..
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 23:29]

To be honest, we went into ASDA tuesday on the way home and my wife and son just carried on as normal. It was around 5.30 and extremely busy and I got very restless very quickly. I was looking around and all I saw was these people who could be infectious, my 11 year old thought it was an adventure, he wanted to see all the 'panic buying' but all I saw was a place I wanted to get out of as quickly as possible. I lost my rag a bit and told them very sharply not to hang around to get what we needed and get the F out of there.

Tonight I walked the dog at 8.30 as usual. It was ( again ) like Christmas night. Nobody around, hardly any traffic, quiet and peaceful. It has been quite nice but at the same time quite spooky.

How to identify stockpilers on 15:31 - Mar 21 with 1821 viewsHighjack

How to identify stockpilers on 23:11 - Mar 20 by Catullus

To be honest, we went into ASDA tuesday on the way home and my wife and son just carried on as normal. It was around 5.30 and extremely busy and I got very restless very quickly. I was looking around and all I saw was these people who could be infectious, my 11 year old thought it was an adventure, he wanted to see all the 'panic buying' but all I saw was a place I wanted to get out of as quickly as possible. I lost my rag a bit and told them very sharply not to hang around to get what we needed and get the F out of there.

Tonight I walked the dog at 8.30 as usual. It was ( again ) like Christmas night. Nobody around, hardly any traffic, quiet and peaceful. It has been quite nice but at the same time quite spooky.

I went in to pick up a few essentials like beer and it was like walking into Cardiff city’s trophy room. Just bare shelves everywhere.

How to identify stockpilers on 15:39 - Mar 21 with 1808 viewsCountyJim

How to identify stockpilers on 15:37 - Mar 20 by Highjack

This is exactly the problem isn’t it? People are told to shop normally but there’s also the real risk of being forced to stay at home for three months being dangled over our heads like the sword of Damocles. So you can’t really blame people for stocking up anymore.

I agree we got 2-3 weeks of supplies in its common sense
How to identify stockpilers on 16:52 - Mar 21 with 1767 viewsdickythorpe

The supply chains are good. It's just the volume of people in the shops.
It needs crowd control.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024