Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People that like certain types of music 23:35 - Mar 29 with 3032 viewsDarran

I know music is subjective but do you think that some people say they like certain types of music because they think by saying it it makes them sound cool?
I’ll tell you why I ask,I’ve seen loads of people saying on Twitter over the last couple of days how brilliant Bob Dylan’s first new song in eight years is,I’m not a fan and wasn’t interested but after seeing someone say about it again just now I thought I’d have a listen.
I can’t lie,I thought it was the biggest load of fuçking wánk I’ve heard in years,probably since he last released something.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

People that like certain types of music on 16:36 - Mar 30 with 868 viewsWxmJax

Bob Dylan is nearly 79 years old. I think it's fair to say that his singing voice might not be in the best condition.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

People that like certain types of music on 16:52 - Mar 30 with 854 viewsswan65split

People that like certain types of music on 16:36 - Mar 30 by WxmJax

Bob Dylan is nearly 79 years old. I think it's fair to say that his singing voice might not be in the best condition.

Tell Tom that , he thinks its not unusual.
People that like certain types of music on 16:53 - Mar 30 with 850 viewsJoe_bradshaw

People that like certain types of music on 16:36 - Mar 30 by WxmJax

Fair.

It wasn’t that good when he was 19 mind.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

People that like certain types of music on 17:05 - Mar 30 with 838 viewskarnataka

People that like certain types of music on 14:23 - Mar 30 by Darran

I saw SvZ in Bristol in November 2017. It was a superb gig.

Wish I'd known, I was there with my bro and his lad too.
People that like certain types of music on 17:06 - Mar 30 with 836 viewsSgorioFruit

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

People that like certain types of music on 17:57 - Mar 30 with 815 viewsDarran

People that like certain types of music on 17:05 - Mar 30 by karnataka

Wish I'd known, I was there with my bro and his lad too.

Now that is a shame Dave,the show was superb and the backing singers were magnificent too.

People that like certain types of music on 19:04 - Mar 30 with 779 viewsWarwickHunt

People that like certain types of music on 16:53 - Mar 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Fair.

Better than his harmonica playing. You’d have thought he could’ve had a few lessons once he’d earned a few bob.

People that like certain types of music on 19:27 - Mar 30 with 753 viewsoldcob

People that like certain types of music on 16:53 - Mar 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Fair.

I admired Bob Dylan as a writer. As a performer, not so much.
Login to get fewer ads

People that like certain types of music on 19:47 - Mar 30 with 722 viewsNeath_Jack

Yes people are very odd about music, you've only got to read music threads on here and people reach to find the most obscure tracks they can think (google) of. Look at me look at me.

As for Bob, his music reminds me of the Vietnam war, or more specifically, from news clips, films and documentaries on Vietnam, and it fits well if i'm honest.

Listened to less than a minute of the attached one, not for me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

People that like certain types of music on 19:59 - Mar 30 with 716 viewslifelong

Sinatra on Sky Arts now..a proper singer.
People that like certain types of music on 20:06 - Mar 30 with 709 viewsWarwickHunt

People that like certain types of music on 19:59 - Mar 30 by lifelong

Sinatra on Sky Arts now..a proper singer.

Tony Bennett was better.
People that like certain types of music on 20:12 - Mar 30 with 707 viewslifelong

People that like certain types of music on 20:06 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

Tony Bennett was better.

I like him also.
People that like certain types of music on 20:33 - Mar 30 with 687 viewsJoe_bradshaw

People that like certain types of music on 19:04 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

Better than his harmonica playing. You’d have thought he could’ve had a few lessons once he’d earned a few bob.

I saw him do that routine about 18 months ago in Porthcawl (of all places). He was great.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

People that like certain types of music on 20:58 - Mar 30 with 678 viewsWarwickHunt

People that like certain types of music on 20:33 - Mar 30 by Joe_bradshaw

I saw him do that routine about 18 months ago in Porthcawl (of all places). He was great.

My mate did the sound for one of his gigs. Being a fellow guitarist he got talking to him about his vintage Martin.

He was horrified to see him nonchalantly throw it into to the back of a van with only a soft gig bag for protection. It’s worth about 20k.🙈
People that like certain types of music on 21:11 - Mar 30 with 667 viewsHighjack

My fifth favourite Wilbury.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

People that like certain types of music on 07:20 - Mar 31 with 603 viewskarnataka

People that like certain types of music on 17:57 - Mar 30 by Darran

Now that is a shame Dave,the show was superb and the backing singers were magnificent too.

I've been to that venue many times as its quite local for me, and I've never seen that many people on stage before, quite a band! And the backing singers, yeah, they were great.
People that like certain types of music on 08:35 - Mar 31 with 576 viewsWarwickHunt

People that like certain types of music on 14:29 - Mar 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Great bloke is Stevie. Not a bad CV to have the E Street Band and the Sopranos as well as countless other things and his solo career.

Just imagine:

Van Zandt married actress Maureen Santoro in New York City on December 31, 1982. She later portrayed his wife in The Sopranos. Bruce Springsteen was the best man at the ceremony, which was presided over by Little Richard and featured Percy Sledge singing "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Now that’s class.

This is how you do a protest song. Top fella.

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:16 - Mar 31 with 506 viewsFieryJack

People that like certain types of music on 14:36 - Mar 31 with 495 viewsFieryJack

I'd be surprised if Dylan's songs weren't being listened to, and written & spoken about in a 100 years time.

Can the same be said of Cheap Trick and Steve Van Zandt? In your effin' dreams 😂

This one's only 11 minutes long. Stone cold classic, as some of you say on here.

Brilliant lyrics, and his voice is in perfect melancholy shape, spot on for the dystopian images conjured up, and pleasingly appropriate for these grim Covid 19 times.

Seems like we're living in some kind of Desolation Row right now.

Guitar aficionados will love the brilliant fills and licks provided by top session man, Charlie McCoy.

Dylan didn't eff about in the studio - just get it down asap, and little or no poncing about with prettying up production.

Best listened to with a good whisky - a double, I think.

People that like certain types of music on 14:52 - Mar 31 with 484 viewsWarwickHunt

People that like certain types of music on 14:36 - Mar 31 by FieryJack

I'd be surprised if Dylan's songs weren't being listened to, and written & spoken about in a 100 years time.

Can the same be said of Cheap Trick and Steve Van Zandt? In your effin' dreams 😂

This one's only 11 minutes long. Stone cold classic, as some of you say on here.

Brilliant lyrics, and his voice is in perfect melancholy shape, spot on for the dystopian images conjured up, and pleasingly appropriate for these grim Covid 19 times.

Guitar aficionados will love the brilliant fills and licks provided by top session man, Charlie McCoy.

Dylan didn't eff about in the studio - just get it down asap, and little or no poncing about with prettying up production.

Wrote a ton of great songs and the early albums are classics.

I think it’s probably time he hung up his guitar now, or his fûcking harmonica at least.
People that like certain types of music on 14:56 - Mar 31 with 480 viewsFieryJack

People that like certain types of music on 14:52 - Mar 31 by WarwickHunt

Wrote a ton of great songs and the early albums are classics.

I think it’s probably time he hung up his guitar now, or his fûcking harmonica at least.

I reckon he'll be buried with that bloody harmonica still in his gob!
People that like certain types of music on 15:06 - Mar 31 with 470 viewsDarran

People that like certain types of music on 14:36 - Mar 31 by FieryJack

That’s not he point though you thick twát.
If Cheap Trick brought out a shit record and I thought it was shit I’d say it was shit,in fact I have. They brought out an album a few years ago called The Doctor and it was piss poor.
The difference is if a constipated Bob Dylan recorded himself straining to take a dump his fans would say it’s genius.
Fuçk off.

People that like certain types of music on 15:21 - Mar 31 with 455 viewsWarwickHunt

People that like certain types of music on 14:56 - Mar 31 by FieryJack

I reckon he'll be buried with that bloody harmonica still in his gob!

If there was any justice it would be up his arse...
People that like certain types of music on 15:31 - Mar 31 with 441 viewsWarwickHunt

People that like certain types of music on 15:06 - Mar 31 by Darran

That’s not he point though you thick twát.
If Cheap Trick brought out a shit record and I thought it was shit I’d say it was shit,in fact I have. They brought out an album a few years ago called The Doctor and it was piss poor.
The difference is if a constipated Bob Dylan recorded himself straining to take a dump his fans would say it’s genius.
Fuçk off.

People that like certain types of music on 16:12 - Mar 31 with 416 viewsLohengrin

People that like certain types of music on 19:47 - Mar 30 by Neath_Jack

Yes people are very odd about music, you've only got to read music threads on here and people reach to find the most obscure tracks they can think (google) of. Look at me look at me.

As for Bob, his music reminds me of the Vietnam war, or more specifically, from news clips, films and documentaries on Vietnam, and it fits well if i'm honest.

Listened to less than a minute of the attached one, not for me.

Just because an artist or track wasn’t played in The Talk of the Abbey it doesn’t necessarily mean they are obscure...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024