Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worrying 09:19 - Apr 4 with 1390 viewsladyjack

It's worrying the reports of some younger fit working age adults said to be dying of Covid19, initially after the outbreak we seemed to have weeks of it's nearly always old people or people with underlying health conditions but more and more there seems to be reports of young apparently healthy people dying from Coronavirus and that is a very very worrying state of affairs.
Worrying on 09:23 - Apr 4 with 1052 viewsoldcob

It's worrying no matter what age a person is.
Worrying on 09:35 - Apr 4 with 1015 viewsWhiterockin

Just prior to the lock down there seemed to be a large proportion of the younger generation out and carrying on as normal. Probably thinking, as most did, this virus was fatal for the older generation with underlying health issues. The increase of younger deaths cold be a direct result of this.

WE ARE LOCKED DOWN FOR A REASON. PLEASE EVERYONE REMEMBER THIS AND KEEP TO IT.
Worrying on 09:36 - Apr 4 with 1014 viewsdickythorpe

Very worrying and goes to show how stupid British media is andd how stupid many of our population are in believing everything they print.

All we heard 2 -3 weeks ago was that it would only attack the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions.

Our politicians are woeful and read off scripts. They don't speak from the heart, aren't open and lack any human compassion.
Drakeford, Johnson, Hancock, Whitty et al.......they could be reading financial reports when they address the nation.

Compare them to Andrew Cuomo, plus look around the world and see how different "leaders" speak and address the nation's population and media.

Hancock is very defensive and I take that as showing signs he is way, way out his depth.
Johnson in isolation? Probably for the best, he's got nothing to say.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 9:53]
Worrying on 09:42 - Apr 4 with 996 viewsNeath_Jack

Glad you changed your tune from "If people die, they die".

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Worrying on 10:20 - Apr 4 with 918 viewsladyjack

When this type of thing starts happening things are on a different level of seriousness to what was perhaps initially portrayed to the public.
Worrying on 10:27 - Apr 4 with 900 viewsdickythorpe

It's inevitable that some of us on here will lose a family member, neighbour or work colleague.
That will be a horrific wake up call.
Worrying on 10:33 - Apr 4 with 888 viewsladyjack

WHO speaks, young apparently healthy people dying is now taking things to a whole different level.
Worrying on 11:03 - Apr 4 with 836 viewsWingstandwood

'All our ICU patients are in their 50s or younger' - frontline Welsh doctor recovered from virus'.

Welsh NHS perspective!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 11:39]

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Worrying on 11:07 - Apr 4 with 827 viewsladyjack

If the old and weak get taken by a nasty disease like a virus with no cure then that is a big problem for society even if it is to a degree the natural order of things with hospitals being full, undertaker's unable to cope, work days lost for funerals etc but if young adults start dying in their droves then society could break down as they are the doctors, teachers, factory workers etc, who is going to replace them who is going to look after their children.
It's a different ball game for our species when our fittest, strongest and most productive people in our society get taken.
Worrying on 11:34 - Apr 4 with 794 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Worrying on 10:20 - Apr 4 by ladyjack

When this type of thing starts happening things are on a different level of seriousness to what was perhaps initially portrayed to the public.

This is tragic as it leaves behind 6 kids, 2 single parent dads and at the same time deprives the NHS of 2 young nurses.
Damn the NHS management for not supplying top of the line PPE for their front line workers.
Worrying on 11:38 - Apr 4 with 777 viewsdickythorpe

Worrying on 11:34 - Apr 4 by A_Fans_Dad

This is tragic as it leaves behind 6 kids, 2 single parent dads and at the same time deprives the NHS of 2 young nurses.
Damn the NHS management for not supplying top of the line PPE for their front line workers.

But as long as we have a 2 metre rule.......
Worrying on 11:41 - Apr 4 with 767 viewsmajorraglan

Worrying on 09:36 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

Very worrying and goes to show how stupid British media is andd how stupid many of our population are in believing everything they print.

All we heard 2 -3 weeks ago was that it would only attack the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions.

Our politicians are woeful and read off scripts. They don't speak from the heart, aren't open and lack any human compassion.
Drakeford, Johnson, Hancock, Whitty et al.......they could be reading financial reports when they address the nation.

Compare them to Andrew Cuomo, plus look around the world and see how different "leaders" speak and address the nation's population and media.

Hancock is very defensive and I take that as showing signs he is way, way out his depth.
Johnson in isolation? Probably for the best, he's got nothing to say.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 9:53]

Boris being in isolation means he doesn’t have to step up to the plate and answer questions.

Apparently Hancock was already backtracking on the 100,000 tests a day claim less than 48 hours after making them.
Worrying on 11:42 - Apr 4 with 754 viewsdickythorpe

Worrying on 11:41 - Apr 4 by majorraglan

Boris being in isolation means he doesn’t have to step up to the plate and answer questions.

Apparently Hancock was already backtracking on the 100,000 tests a day claim less than 48 hours after making them.

He also said back in January we had the best labs in the world and testing was in place.
Worrying on 12:09 - Apr 4 with 706 viewscontroversial_jack

It's correct that hospitals are seeing younger and younger patients
Worrying on 12:17 - Apr 4 with 684 viewsladyjack

Worrying on 12:09 - Apr 4 by controversial_jack

It's correct that hospitals are seeing younger and younger patients

It's really frightening now, not what we was led to believe in the beginning.
Worrying on 12:32 - Apr 4 with 661 viewskarnataka

I read an article about just this about 10 days ago, saying its to do with viral loading. The severity of the illness is due in most cases, maybe not all, to the actual amount of virus someone takes in at the time they become infected and that would be related to the number of already infected people they picked it up from at that time. Once in your system, the virus replicates and that triggers the immune system. If the initial dose is small and the replication is slow, the immune system can fight it but if the initial dosage is large, the replication is happening much faster and the immune system is overwhelmed resulting in a more serious illness. This sounds completely logical to me and if younger people were continuing to congregate in larger numbers thinking they were at a lower risk at a time when the elderly had already been told to isolate, it's quite feasible that some of them had a high initial dosage infection resulting in serious illness and in some cases death.
Worrying on 12:40 - Apr 4 with 639 viewsCatullus

Worrying on 12:32 - Apr 4 by karnataka

I read an article about just this about 10 days ago, saying its to do with viral loading. The severity of the illness is due in most cases, maybe not all, to the actual amount of virus someone takes in at the time they become infected and that would be related to the number of already infected people they picked it up from at that time. Once in your system, the virus replicates and that triggers the immune system. If the initial dose is small and the replication is slow, the immune system can fight it but if the initial dosage is large, the replication is happening much faster and the immune system is overwhelmed resulting in a more serious illness. This sounds completely logical to me and if younger people were continuing to congregate in larger numbers thinking they were at a lower risk at a time when the elderly had already been told to isolate, it's quite feasible that some of them had a high initial dosage infection resulting in serious illness and in some cases death.

I saw a doctor on tv recently (in the last week) talking about viral loading, saying pretty much what you just posted. He was saying this is why medics are dying, because their system is overloaded too quickly for it to cope.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Worrying on 13:02 - Apr 4 with 607 viewskarnataka

Yup, and it's why social distancing works. If anyone does everything they can to stay at home and observe the 2 metre rule when they do have to go out but is still unlucky enough to become infected, they may have only picked up a low dosage and their chances that they will get a mild illness and make a full recovery will be so much higher and they won't add to the strain on the NHS resources to any great extent.
Worrying on 13:12 - Apr 4 with 591 viewsCatullus

Worrying on 13:02 - Apr 4 by karnataka

Yup, and it's why social distancing works. If anyone does everything they can to stay at home and observe the 2 metre rule when they do have to go out but is still unlucky enough to become infected, they may have only picked up a low dosage and their chances that they will get a mild illness and make a full recovery will be so much higher and they won't add to the strain on the NHS resources to any great extent.

It's Darwinian then, many of the old and already sick plus the terminally stupid are doomed!

I have argued with my son (because 11 year olds don't listen) several times that he has to pay attention, when we have taken our exercise it;s not good enough to say someone walked towards him/us, if someone else is being stupid you cant be stubborn or say they should stay away, take responsibility and get yourself out of the way. Most people are being good but there are always idiots.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Worrying on 13:19 - Apr 4 with 572 viewsThebus

Hundreds of young Americans have died from seasonal flu over last few years.
Yet this hardly makes the news.
Worrying on 13:27 - Apr 4 with 559 viewsladyjack

Worrying on 13:19 - Apr 4 by Thebus

Hundreds of young Americans have died from seasonal flu over last few years.
Yet this hardly makes the news.

It is the contagiousness and the mortality rate of Covid19 compared to the Flu that makes Covid19 very dangerous.
Worrying on 13:28 - Apr 4 with 557 viewsWingstandwood

Worrying on 13:12 - Apr 4 by Catullus

It's Darwinian then, many of the old and already sick plus the terminally stupid are doomed!

I have argued with my son (because 11 year olds don't listen) several times that he has to pay attention, when we have taken our exercise it;s not good enough to say someone walked towards him/us, if someone else is being stupid you cant be stubborn or say they should stay away, take responsibility and get yourself out of the way. Most people are being good but there are always idiots.

There are so many people out there with the commons sense of a gnat!

Take those recent Stereophonic concerts for example. The lunacy of not only refusing to cancel those recent concerts, but to actually attend them beggars belief. I never had much time for that glorified pub rock band. I've got even less now! FFS look at all those people crammed tightly together.

https://www.bandwagon.asia/articles/china-stereophonics-uk-arena-live-concerts-c

Argus!

Worrying on 13:32 - Apr 4 with 544 viewskarnataka

Worrying on 13:28 - Apr 4 by Wingstandwood

There are so many people out there with the commons sense of a gnat!

Take those recent Stereophonic concerts for example. The lunacy of not only refusing to cancel those recent concerts, but to actually attend them beggars belief. I never had much time for that glorified pub rock band. I've got even less now! FFS look at all those people crammed tightly together.

https://www.bandwagon.asia/articles/china-stereophonics-uk-arena-live-concerts-c

Absolutely mental and totally irresponsible.
Worrying on 13:33 - Apr 4 with 540 viewsdickythorpe

Just like those twåts cramming the pubs a fortnight ago.
Hope they are all well 15 days on
Worrying on 13:41 - Apr 4 with 526 viewsThebus

Worrying on 13:27 - Apr 4 by ladyjack

It is the contagiousness and the mortality rate of Covid19 compared to the Flu that makes Covid19 very dangerous.

That’s what you think. No scientific evidence to back up what you say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024