Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. 10:56 - Apr 4 with 3188 viewsladyjack

It will be difficult for lots of workplaces to adhere to this rule but the law is the law.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 10:59 - Apr 4 with 1224 viewsdickythorpe

Who's going to enforce it?

What are the punishments?

Some workplaces are down to skeleton staff due to sickness and furlough measures.

What boss is going to sack or suspend a member of staff at this time?

Many businesses that are open to the public have no PPE for their staff.....what is the law for what front line workers should be wearing?

Knee jerk reaction.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 11:01]
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:01 - Apr 4 with 1210 viewsHighjack

What would we do without our Lord and dear leader Mr Mark Drakeford?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:04 - Apr 4 with 1200 views3swan

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 10:59 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

Some workplaces are down to skeleton staff due to sickness and furlough measures.

Many businesses that are open to the public have no PPE for their staff.....what is the law for what front line workers should be wearing?

Knee jerk reaction.

I'm sure with the Health & Safety regulations in place for the workplace there is something already in place.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:06 - Apr 4 with 1189 viewsJoe_bradshaw

“All reasonable actions” at a time like this is a massive loophole and they know it.

Gesture politics.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:07 - Apr 4 with 1188 viewsdickythorpe

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:04 - Apr 4 by 3swan

I'm sure with the Health & Safety regulations in place for the workplace there is something already in place.

What H&S rules are in place for what PPE to wear when coronavirus strikes?

I'll help you out here..... there's NONE!!!!

JUST LIKE THERE'S NO PPE OR EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST IT WILL HELP!!!
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:09 - Apr 4 with 1178 views3swan

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:07 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

I meant in general. An employer has to keep his employees safe even before this virus outbreak.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:11 - Apr 4 with 1169 viewsraynor94

I had to check the calendar then!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:12 - Apr 4 with 1165 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 10:59 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

Knee jerk reaction.

Every hospital in Wales would close if this had to be strictly adhered to.

Why don’t the politicians concentrate on equipment and PPE for the Welsh NHS instead of coming out with this sort of nonsense?

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:16 - Apr 4 with 1157 viewsdickythorpe

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:09 - Apr 4 by 3swan

I meant in general. An employer has to keep his employees safe even before this virus outbreak.

You can't be "general" in times like these.

It's rushed thinking, it hasn't taken into consideration many factors like size of the business, the fact that people work in pairs or teams etc etc

I'm not spoiling for an argument by the way.

I respect all posts as it's a very trying time.

Much love to all.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:22 - Apr 4 with 1145 views3swan

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:16 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

You can't be "general" in times like these.

It's rushed thinking, it hasn't taken into consideration many factors like size of the business, the fact that people work in pairs or teams etc etc

I'm not spoiling for an argument by the way.

I respect all posts as it's a very trying time.

Much love to all.

No problem all opinions are welcome. I'm close to 100% current regulations will state risk assessment against government guidance. There are standards already issued to cover eventualities.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:23 - Apr 4 with 1145 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:07 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

That's an easy one mate, should they want to, the HSE could use section 2.1 of the HASAWA. There will be several other pieces of legislation that they could use, such as Regulation 3.1.a of The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, but the former is an over arching, catch all.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:29 - Apr 4 with 1123 viewsdickythorpe

But mate, if I go to work on Monday and tell my boss where's my mask, where's my gloves and eye protection?

Guess what?
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:30 - Apr 4 with 1120 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:23 - Apr 4 by Neath_Jack

That's an easy one mate, should they want to, the HSE could use section 2.1 of the HASAWA. There will be several other pieces of legislation that they could use, such as Regulation 3.1.a of The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, but the former is an over arching, catch all.

Very true.

Is the HSE going to close companies down when only vital ones are actually operating at a time like this though? Provided companies and service providers are doing what they reasonably can to protect workers and maintain their service levels the HSE will be happy for them to continue.

Drakeford is making a noise about nothing.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:31 - Apr 4 with 1111 viewsHighjack

Just look at his lovely face. Who would want to be more than two metres away from this lovely face?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:33 - Apr 4 with 1108 viewsladyjack

Knee jerk reaction.

My first thoughts are not about workers being disciplined by the bosses but the bosses and their companies not complying.
Some machines in factories might need two or more to operate and they would not be 2 metres apart, more than one worker in a car or van on company business would be illegal i guess ?, lots of workers work in gangs like those doing maintenance on the roads and railways.
Two pilots in a cockpit, operating theatre staff there seems to be lots of them around the surgeon when doing the op on a patient.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 11:39]
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:35 - Apr 4 with 1097 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:30 - Apr 4 by Joe_bradshaw

Very true.

Is the HSE going to close companies down when only vital ones are actually operating at a time like this though? Provided companies and service providers are doing what they reasonably can to protect workers and maintain their service levels the HSE will be happy for them to continue.

Drakeford is making a noise about nothing.

I agree, it wouldn't be in the "public interest" for them to go after companies. But the tools are there should they want to.

I also expect to see personal injury claims flying in from people who have contracted it (prove it was at work will be difficult) whilst at work. There are some extremely bad working practices going on out there at the moment.

Don't agree that he is making a noise about nothing though, far from it. The construction industry and manufacturing industry has been hung out to dry. There is no need for the majority of those still operating, to be still operating.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:37 - Apr 4 with 1088 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:29 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

But mate, if I go to work on Monday and tell my boss where's my mask, where's my gloves and eye protection?

Guess what?

I'll guess you are going to say you would get the sack?

But that doesn't mean that health and safety regulations don't apply.

The same behaviour goes on with thousands of cowboy outfits over safe working, never mind during this particular pandemic.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:38 - Apr 4 with 1086 viewsmajorraglan

It’s good that they are trying to stop companies flouting the lockdown legislation, but common sense needs to be applied. Good points being made re pilots, nurses, etc, who will enforce this because the cops have enough to do already.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:39 - Apr 4 with 1078 viewsdickythorpe

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:37 - Apr 4 by Neath_Jack

I'll guess you are going to say you would get the sack?

But that doesn't mean that health and safety regulations don't apply.

The same behaviour goes on with thousands of cowboy outfits over safe working, never mind during this particular pandemic.

No, first my boss would say "fúck all for you"

If I protest and go home I'll get a disciplinary.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:51 - Apr 4 with 1061 viewsWhiterockin

Before the lock down there were non essential businesses with workers working closer than 2 meters. A friend of mine is furlonged at the moment and his company will try to get him back to work as soon as the lock down is over, (they have said so) even if the 2 meter rule is in place. There is no way this company can operate with the 2 meter rule in place. If he was to refuse to return and follow government guidelines he would be sacked. If this law comes in and there is a hotline to report employers to have them prevented from reopening until it is safe to do so, it would be a godsend for some.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:53 - Apr 4 with 1059 viewsdickythorpe

Many would close if this is to be enforced by whatever authority is given the job to do so.

Civil unrest could follow.
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:58 - Apr 4 with 1040 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:39 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

No, first my boss would say "fúck all for you"

If I protest and go home I'll get a disciplinary.

Easy for me to say, but I wouldn't want to work in a place like that, I'd be gone if that was their attitude. But trust me, I know those employers exist out there, in their spades too.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:03 - Apr 4 with 1024 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:53 - Apr 4 by dickythorpe

Many would close if this is to be enforced by whatever authority is given the job to do so.

Civil unrest could follow.

Better they temporarily close than put people in danger of potentially losing their lives mate.

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:07 - Apr 4 with 1010 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 11:58 - Apr 4 by Neath_Jack

Easy for me to say, but I wouldn't want to work in a place like that, I'd be gone if that was their attitude. But trust me, I know those employers exist out there, in their spades too.

Most employers are the same, they don't care until everyone goes off sick and hits production
Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:10 - Apr 4 with 1005 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Government to bring into law 2 metre rule in the work place. on 12:07 - Apr 4 by controversial_jack

Most employers are the same, they don't care until everyone goes off sick and hits production

There are many out there like that unfortunately.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024