Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals 20:34 - Apr 24 with 5301 viewsQJumpingJack

Well done Swansea City

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-agree-wage-deferrals
Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 20:38 - Apr 24 with 4096 viewsSwanjaxs

Well done indeed.

But nobody will lose a penny in the long run.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 20:58 - Apr 24 with 4063 viewsGowerjack

Wow.

Chware Teg.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 20:59 - Apr 24 with 4061 viewsDarran

Well done for what?
If the rumours are true that Ayew is on £80k he’s only on £64k now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 21:00 - Apr 24 with 4056 viewsGowerjack

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 20:59 - Apr 24 by Darran

Well done for what?

Innit.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 21:25 - Apr 24 with 4011 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well done? F*cking hell some are easily pleased. The club is claiming taxpayers’ money to pay furloughed staff while the players and execs get every penny coming to them. And you say well done?

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 21:27 - Apr 24 with 4006 viewsBillyChong

Already minted players agree to have the same pay but a couple of months late. How is that praiseworthy?
Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 21:48 - Apr 24 with 3981 viewsFireboy2

Well done for what?

Well done Dar, go to the top of the class
Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 22:05 - Apr 24 with 3961 viewswestside

Birch and Cooper should have set an example and took a paycut
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 22:05 - Apr 24 with 3960 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 21:25 - Apr 24 by exiledclaseboy

Well done? F*cking hell some are easily pleased. The club is claiming taxpayers’ money to pay furloughed staff while the players and execs get every penny coming to them. And you say well done?

This ^

Shame every footballer on more than 10 grand a week doesn’t forfeit a % of their wage permanently.

The greed of football & footballers is being shown up in its ugly putrid glory during this virus.

Fans realising there are far more important things in life.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 23:18]
Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 22:05 - Apr 24 with 3960 viewsbuilthjack

The fckers should have taken a 40% pay cut.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 22:15 - Apr 24 with 3931 viewsVincent_Vega

Whilst I do find clubs furloughing staff to supplement players wages distasteful they have to do it to keep the clubs afloat. How many clubs will fall short of ffp when theIr accounts are released? Clubs were given no advanced warning of this situation and if the board had run the club with this scenario in mind then we’d be bottom of the championship right now by some distance as the other clubs would’ve continued to spend willy nilly. Good on the players for agreeing it, they didn't have to but deeper cuts will have to be made seen as it looks like we won’t have bums on seats in stadiums for some time possibly 2021.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 22:55 - Apr 24 with 3891 viewsLuther27

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 22:15 - Apr 24 by Vincent_Vega

Whilst I do find clubs furloughing staff to supplement players wages distasteful they have to do it to keep the clubs afloat. How many clubs will fall short of ffp when theIr accounts are released? Clubs were given no advanced warning of this situation and if the board had run the club with this scenario in mind then we’d be bottom of the championship right now by some distance as the other clubs would’ve continued to spend willy nilly. Good on the players for agreeing it, they didn't have to but deeper cuts will have to be made seen as it looks like we won’t have bums on seats in stadiums for some time possibly 2021.

And does football affect my life?....I thought it did....then I was kicked in the balls by CV19. Do you know what.... the people working on the tills at supermarkets...the binmen...the Swansea market stallholders who are prepared to deliver their produce to my family have a far greater impact on my life than any football player or any football club. Look up what defer means regarding wages. My fvcking heart bleeds for them.....really it does.
Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 23:04 - Apr 24 with 3882 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 22:55 - Apr 24 by Luther27

And does football affect my life?....I thought it did....then I was kicked in the balls by CV19. Do you know what.... the people working on the tills at supermarkets...the binmen...the Swansea market stallholders who are prepared to deliver their produce to my family have a far greater impact on my life than any football player or any football club. Look up what defer means regarding wages. My fvcking heart bleeds for them.....really it does.

👏👏Not just a good post but one that is as true as it gets.
Hopefully the world will come out of it a better place, probably not!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 23:17 - Apr 24 with 3862 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 22:05 - Apr 24 by builthjack

The fckers should have taken a 40% pay cut.

How does letting the club keep 40% of the normal wage bill help people?

The club needed to defer wages due to the cashflow issues (new and old) but the idea wages should be slashed for owners benefit is just bitter people wanting to punish footballers for being wealthy.

Until Sky and BT lose subscribers (those who say they don't want or need football any more) there will be loads of money flowing into football and the players themselves should be taking home the bulk of it. Competition among clubs for the best players drives up wages, not player greed (in most cases).
Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 23:45 - Apr 24 with 3829 viewsjack_lord

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 22:55 - Apr 24 by Luther27

I was going to post something similar to this when I read other clubs players were deferring wages. Players should be forfeiting wages or get furloughed themselves but they are too self important unlike those workers who are earning their keep and possibly risking their lives. I know they are also easy targets to pick on as well as we are are going to be envious of what they earn but they are, in some way, now parasites of a clubs lifeline. Even if they make grand gestures like Gareth Bale, they are still sucking the profitability and viability of the clubs future if this carries on for the foreseeable.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 23:54 - Apr 24 with 3822 viewsThursday

Not enough.
Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 10:03 - Apr 25 with 3619 viewsNotLoyal

Well done for what?

All gained from the Swansea community, is he giving anything back ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 12:28 - Apr 25 with 3537 viewsBillyChong

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 23:17 - Apr 24 by jasper_T

How does letting the club keep 40% of the normal wage bill help people?

The club needed to defer wages due to the cashflow issues (new and old) but the idea wages should be slashed for owners benefit is just bitter people wanting to punish footballers for being wealthy.

Until Sky and BT lose subscribers (those who say they don't want or need football any more) there will be loads of money flowing into football and the players themselves should be taking home the bulk of it. Competition among clubs for the best players drives up wages, not player greed (in most cases).

If there’s loads of money flowing into why are we having to constantly flog players to replace them with cheap gambles?
Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 12:34 - Apr 25 with 3529 viewslifelong

Look what this total bell end is saying.
Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 13:12 - Apr 25 with 3508 viewswestside

Should of took a pay cut and deferral
Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 11:17 - Apr 26 with 3293 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 12:34 - Apr 25 by lifelong

Comes across as a hard man, bit like Gordon Ramsey, but we all know deep down they can’t back it up.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 12:21 - Apr 26 with 3272 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 12:34 - Apr 25 by lifelong

Yep, tell that to the people in the country who are furloughed on 80% pay and others who have little to no income at all with this situation we find ourselves in.

There have to be sacrifices made in the present climate, taking a cut in your pay is a lot better outcome than sacrifices others are having forced on them.

Keane is a w@nker and a bitter one at that.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 12:41 - Apr 26 with 3260 views3swan

We all know that the money in top level football is obscene before this virus outbreak.. It was all forgotten about on matches when players were lauded. Supporters were part of the problem calling for multi million pound transfers etc. This was at a cost which was ignored. Let's hope that owners change their views but also supporters.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 12:42]
Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 13:02 - Apr 26 with 3235 viewsKilkennyjack

We need to very careful with who is setting the agenda on this one.

Footballers on big wages already pay big taxes which greatly helps our public service provision like schools, pensions, social care and NHS.

Rees-Mogg on the other hand has a company called Somerset Capital Mgt that has made £105 m profit over the last 5 years and has paid zero corporation tax. Why ? Because he has based his business in the Cayman Islands.

He did however get a govt grant for £6.7m to refurb his 300 bed ancestral home.

Dont be fooled by the big money men. This is another dead cat.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 13:05 - Apr 26 with 3232 viewsBobbyBacala

Swansea City Agree Wage Deferrals on 12:21 - Apr 26 by magicdaps10

Yep, tell that to the people in the country who are furloughed on 80% pay and others who have little to no income at all with this situation we find ourselves in.

There have to be sacrifices made in the present climate, taking a cut in your pay is a lot better outcome than sacrifices others are having forced on them.

Keane is a w@nker and a bitter one at that.

What difference would say, Paul Pogba taking a pay cut make to a factory worker who has been furloughed? Unless he had written guarantees from the Glazers that it would be used for charity/support, I wouldn't take a paycut either.

Sure, some footballers probably are doing naff all with their wages during this, but some are giving to charity or supporting the communities they represent. Asking all Premier League footballers to take a pay cut (which will probably just end up in the owner's wallet) is silly - I think it's best to let players get their wages and hopefully use it for the right reasons.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 13:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024