Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holidays? 12:30 - Apr 26 with 14480 viewskarnataka

I was supposed to be flying to Lisbon first thing this morning then driving into the Badajoz area of central Spain for a few days. Got me wondering what sort of plans or major family holidays others on here have had to cancel or reschedule and whether they'd had refunds, vouchers or lost money.
Holidays? on 19:57 - Apr 26 with 1669 viewsairedale

Holidays? on 15:39 - Apr 26 by Thrasher6

I said the exact same thing to a mate. He is going to Indonesia with his wife. 'Jakarta?' I asked. 'No she went on her own accord'...

Coat...
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 15:43]

That’s Jamaica Thrash,
Holidays? on 20:00 - Apr 26 with 1664 viewsJackinexile1

Holidays? on 19:57 - Apr 26 by airedale

That’s Jamaica Thrash,

Holidays? on 20:21 - Apr 26 with 1643 viewspencoedjack

Was going on my 1st cruise in September (Greek islands)

I am supposed to pay the balance in June I guess if I don’t pay TUI in full I will lose my deposit, although obviously it won’t be happening.
Holidays? on 20:21 - Apr 26 with 1643 viewsbuilthjack

Holidays? on 16:39 - Apr 26 by karnataka

Same here. I'd actually completely forgotten about that trip!! I'd booked accommodation which was on a cancellable basis but not flights. Will keep the tickets for next year.

Same. I had booked some dodgy £2 a night hostel with no deposit. Tickets will keep for next year.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Holidays? on 20:27 - Apr 26 with 1635 viewsbuilthjack

Holidays? on 16:46 - Apr 26 by STID2017

I paid out a whopping £30 as a deposit for a campsite in Rome for the Euros.
That's a few beer tokens I'll never see again ...

You could have a couple of pi££heads in a tent next to you next year

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Holidays? on 20:37 - Apr 26 with 1628 viewsmajorraglan

We went to Spain last year and had a pretty dreadful time, one of kids became extremely ill and spent 12 days in hospital; so the year we thought we’d make up for it by going long haul to California.
I paid a deposit of £300 for flights and car hire with the balance due at the start of May, I was going to start booking hotels but had a last minute change of mind and decided to sit tight and watch how things panned out which was on reflection a tidy move.
As things stand our flight is still on, but we have no interest in going and are staying home. Spoke to the airline last week, as we booked early and our flight is after the 31st of May, they won’t refund or issue us with a voucher. The agent said to ignore the payment deadline and sit tight, he said we may be offered a voucher later on which to be honest I would take. Defo don’t fancy going Stateside and I am not sure if travel insurance would cover us.
Holidays? on 21:01 - Apr 26 with 1612 viewsThrasher6

Holidays? on 20:37 - Apr 26 by majorraglan

We went to Spain last year and had a pretty dreadful time, one of kids became extremely ill and spent 12 days in hospital; so the year we thought we’d make up for it by going long haul to California.
I paid a deposit of £300 for flights and car hire with the balance due at the start of May, I was going to start booking hotels but had a last minute change of mind and decided to sit tight and watch how things panned out which was on reflection a tidy move.
As things stand our flight is still on, but we have no interest in going and are staying home. Spoke to the airline last week, as we booked early and our flight is after the 31st of May, they won’t refund or issue us with a voucher. The agent said to ignore the payment deadline and sit tight, he said we may be offered a voucher later on which to be honest I would take. Defo don’t fancy going Stateside and I am not sure if travel insurance would cover us.

Yep...you might get lucky. Good luck anyway, seems random decision making...as many others have said...has saved a few bob!

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Holidays? on 21:16 - Apr 26 with 1599 viewsCooperman

Holidays? on 20:37 - Apr 26 by majorraglan

Which airline?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Holidays? on 21:24 - Apr 26 with 1589 viewsProfessor

Holidays? on 13:16 - Apr 26 by Scotia

Supposed to be going to Lanzarote in September, rearranged from June.
I read in a translated version of their local paper that they are hoping to open hotels to foreign tourists from October. I can't see many other places being that different, so that effectively rules out this summer.

My mother lives in Tenerife and says they have been told
that will be no foreign tourists in the Canaries until October sorry to say
Holidays? on 21:27 - Apr 26 with 1583 viewsProfessor

Was going to New York over Easter but rearranged for Easter 2021 very painlessly. Just hope
virgin don’t go bust. Camping in Brittany looks unlikely in July,
So will have to rearrange tunnel for a wine run and hope to get deposit back.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 21:29]
Holidays? on 21:39 - Apr 26 with 1576 viewsmajorraglan

Holidays? on 21:16 - Apr 26 by Cooperman

Which airline?

BA.
Holidays? on 21:43 - Apr 26 with 1568 viewsmajorraglan

Holidays? on 21:01 - Apr 26 by Thrasher6

Yep...you might get lucky. Good luck anyway, seems random decision making...as many others have said...has saved a few bob!

If I get a voucher I will be happy, if I don’t then it’s £300 down the tubes unless the government maintain the no travel advice or Tump maintains the travel embargo, not so sure of the latter to be honest.
Holidays? on 21:48 - Apr 26 with 1561 viewsSTID2017

Holidays? on 20:27 - Apr 26 by builthjack

You could have a couple of pi££heads in a tent next to you next year

More than welcome matey

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Holidays? on 21:58 - Apr 26 with 1551 viewsCooperman

Holidays? on 21:39 - Apr 26 by majorraglan

BA.

Ahh you booked a flight and car combo.

I’d say that it’s almost certain that the flight will be pulled but that doesn’t help you as you’ve got the balance to pay in May.

Holidays? on 22:01 - Apr 26 with 1550 viewsScotia

Holidays? on 21:24 - Apr 26 by Professor

My mother lives in Tenerife and says they have been told
that will be no foreign tourists in the Canaries until October sorry to say

I'm not really surprised, and holidays seem incidental at the moment. I've pretty much written this year off from a travelling point of view, let's hope for better next year.
Holidays? on 22:15 - Apr 26 with 1543 viewsmajorraglan

Holidays? on 21:58 - Apr 26 by Cooperman

Ahh you booked a flight and car combo.

I’d say that it’s almost certain that the flight will be pulled but that doesn’t help you as you’ve got the balance to pay in May.

Yes, the timings are awkward. Bought the flights in the BA sale, paid a deposit with the balance due in May.
There’s heaps of guidance on the BA site, but none of it applies to our circumstances. The guy at BA reckoned we’d probably be offered a voucher at some point, but there is no guarantee and as things stand I reckon I have lost the deposit. Will stay home, if the lockdown is lifted my do some day trips in Wales and support local businesses.
Holidays? on 22:48 - Apr 26 with 1523 viewsCatullus

Holidays? on 21:01 - Apr 26 by Thrasher6

We got lucky too. we went to Rhodes last August and fancied going back this year but we moved house in Odtober and spent a load of a new kitchen, carpets and other bits so we decided to wait a year. Phew!

I'm not at all sure how long it'll be before international travle is safe. This virus could hang around.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Holidays? on 22:56 - Apr 26 with 1513 viewsjack_lord

We were going end of June. My wife and daughter are still hopeful that we may still be able to go somewhere. It's a bit cruel that so many places are still selling accommodation and flights.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Holidays? on 23:05 - Apr 26 with 1501 viewscontroversial_jack

Holidays? on 22:48 - Apr 26 by Catullus

We got lucky too. we went to Rhodes last August and fancied going back this year but we moved house in Odtober and spent a load of a new kitchen, carpets and other bits so we decided to wait a year. Phew!

I'm not at all sure how long it'll be before international travle is safe. This virus could hang around.

Certain countries may not let us enter
Holidays? on 23:07 - Apr 26 with 1497 viewslifelong

Booked a family holiday to Majorca with TUI for this July, 5 of us at a cost of £5k, dropped a bollock by deciding to pay for the holiday in 3 equal direct debit payments, 1st payment on the 1st Feb, 2nd payment 1st March with the final payment due on the 1st April.
The virus broke after the second payment was made and as the month progressed and the virus news worsened, around about the 3rd week in March, I tried desperately to get hold of TUI to discuss my options, it was virtually impossible to contact them.
Possibly dropped a second bollock then by cancelling the holiday before the third payment was made, did this online. TUI responded by charging me a cancellation fee of a grand with the remaining £2300 to be refunded within 4 weeks, still can’t get hold of anyone from TUI, no sign of the refund.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 23:09]
Holidays? on 02:07 - Apr 27 with 1458 viewsJack123

Holidays? on 23:07 - Apr 26 by lifelong

Booked a family holiday to Majorca with TUI for this July, 5 of us at a cost of £5k, dropped a bollock by deciding to pay for the holiday in 3 equal direct debit payments, 1st payment on the 1st Feb, 2nd payment 1st March with the final payment due on the 1st April.
The virus broke after the second payment was made and as the month progressed and the virus news worsened, around about the 3rd week in March, I tried desperately to get hold of TUI to discuss my options, it was virtually impossible to contact them.
Possibly dropped a second bollock then by cancelling the holiday before the third payment was made, did this online. TUI responded by charging me a cancellation fee of a grand with the remaining £2300 to be refunded within 4 weeks, still can’t get hold of anyone from TUI, no sign of the refund.

I would definitely look into the cancellation fee they have charged, the way it's looking the holiday wouldn't have been available anyway.

libera nos a malo

Holidays? on 07:51 - Apr 27 with 1394 views34dfgdf54

Was meant to be going to Portugal in June, villa has given us our money back but flights booked with Tui.

They were booked on a credit card so may explore that charge back later on.
Holidays? on 08:31 - Apr 27 with 1369 viewskarnataka

Holidays? on 23:07 - Apr 26 by lifelong

That sounds really poor by TUI especially that cancellation fee, that's ridiculous and not sure how they can possibly justify that. If they cancel your holiday which they will surely have to at some point, wouldn't they have to give you 100% refund? B4st4rds.
Holidays? on 08:39 - Apr 27 with 1366 viewsCooperman

Holidays? on 08:31 - Apr 27 by karnataka

That sounds really poor by TUI especially that cancellation fee, that's ridiculous and not sure how they can possibly justify that. If they cancel your holiday which they will surely have to at some point, wouldn't they have to give you 100% refund? B4st4rds.

Yes they would.

Holidays? on 08:43 - Apr 27 with 1362 viewsWhiterockin

Holidays? on 08:31 - Apr 27 by karnataka

Only if they are still in business, which is looking more unlikely as time goes on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024