Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon 16:05 - May 6 with 3175 viewsthornabyswan

Will be sold in the summer.

We are lucky to have a 20 million pound asset lots of other clubs will not be so fortunate.

A potential life saver for the club.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 16:09]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Joe Rodon on 16:18 - May 6 with 2360 viewsKilkennyjack

Worth more than McBernie in my book.

£20m is cheap with both Utd and Citeh in for him.
Giggs will get him to Utd.

Beware of the Risen People

Joe Rodon on 16:20 - May 6 with 2348 viewsWhiterockin

Is there going to be a summer this year.
Joe Rodon on 16:21 - May 6 with 2347 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 16:18 - May 6 by Kilkennyjack

Worth more than McBernie in my book.

£20m is cheap with both Utd and Citeh in for him.
Giggs will get him to Utd.

It’s going to be a massively depressed market unfortunately. We won’t get close to what we would under normal circumstances.
Joe Rodon on 16:22 - May 6 with 2343 viewsmagicdaps10

Unfortunately his value will probably drop due to the financial restrictions of the virus.

If we get 20m for him then I will be over the moon, don't be surprised if we get 10m or less for him.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joe Rodon on 16:28 - May 6 with 2323 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon on 16:22 - May 6 by magicdaps10

Unfortunately his value will probably drop due to the financial restrictions of the virus.

If we get 20m for him then I will be over the moon, don't be surprised if we get 10m or less for him.

Lets see ... you have a point ...

Joe Rodon on 16:37 - May 6 with 2304 viewsthornabyswan

And a couple of injuries but with Man Utd City and Chelsea all interested I think we will get 15 plus add ons at a minimum.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Joe Rodon on 16:48 - May 6 with 2283 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I can’t see even the big 6 throwing money around this summer. If the Swans get a reasonable sum for him I can’t see the money going anywhere but to cover losses due to the current situation and certainly not on player recruitment.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Joe Rodon on 17:01 - May 6 with 2259 viewsthornabyswan

Joe Rodon on 16:48 - May 6 by Joe_bradshaw

I can’t see even the big 6 throwing money around this summer. If the Swans get a reasonable sum for him I can’t see the money going anywhere but to cover losses due to the current situation and certainly not on player recruitment.

The new side will be made up of freebies and loans still costs money though to assemble a competitive side/ squad with so many out of contract.

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon on 17:04 - May 6 with 2252 viewsmagicdaps10

Have we not already as posted by some on here already have a Portuguese and Romanian free agents already tied up!?

Joe Rodon on 17:18 - May 6 with 2225 viewsPorthcawlswan

Joe Rodon on 17:04 - May 6 by magicdaps10

Have we not already as posted by some on here already have a Portuguese and Romanian free agents already tied up!?

That's the rumour. Seems to have a bit of steam
Joe Rodon on 17:19 - May 6 with 2222 viewsdunvantjack100

We’ll get £20 million at most for him, then in two years time he will be sold for 2/3 times that.
Joe Rodon on 18:58 - May 6 with 2125 viewsCatullus

I read what the trust said about wages, if we assume most clubs are in the same boat then there might be a lot of free agents to choose from, assuming our club survives.

Rodon won't bring 20 mill in, in my opinion, even the top 6 clubs are going to be short of cash after this. They are still paying wages but have no income, imagine having to pay 200k per week to one player whilst having zero income? How many millions are the top 6 paying every week with no tv money, no gate receipts? I doubt the owners will be paying from their own pockets. The cash will run out, it's why the EPL wants to start back up, they are panicking about going broke. If the neutral venue idea gets voted down the top 6 will be as broke as anyone else if the league is just cancelled.

With that in mind, Ayew might still break us!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Joe Rodon on 19:18 - May 6 with 2107 viewsmagicdaps10

Joe Rodon on 18:58 - May 6 by Catullus

I read what the trust said about wages, if we assume most clubs are in the same boat then there might be a lot of free agents to choose from, assuming our club survives.

Rodon won't bring 20 mill in, in my opinion, even the top 6 clubs are going to be short of cash after this. They are still paying wages but have no income, imagine having to pay 200k per week to one player whilst having zero income? How many millions are the top 6 paying every week with no tv money, no gate receipts? I doubt the owners will be paying from their own pockets. The cash will run out, it's why the EPL wants to start back up, they are panicking about going broke. If the neutral venue idea gets voted down the top 6 will be as broke as anyone else if the league is just cancelled.

With that in mind, Ayew might still break us!

Remember that the supporters trust was set up to prevent another Petty situation...... Money in the bank for a rainy day!

Well that rainy day could be coming in another scenario?

Joe Rodon on 19:36 - May 6 with 2079 viewsCatullus

Joe Rodon on 19:18 - May 6 by magicdaps10

Remember that the supporters trust was set up to prevent another Petty situation...... Money in the bank for a rainy day!

Well that rainy day could be coming in another scenario?

Yes, if only they'd sold their shares and had a few million in the bank ready eh!

I don't know how much they do have put aside but it might come in handy? Lets face it, do we think our owners will do anything to save us if it means using their own money?

The football world could be in for a massive shock very soon.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Joe Rodon on 20:24 - May 6 with 2024 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It is always very entertaining reading the valuations Swansea supporters give to local players.

Rodon is already 22 years old. He's not a talented young teenager. There's a plethora of players far younger than him, who already have extensive top flight and European experience.

Yet some think he's being chased by the likes of Manchester City or Chelsea.

It's laughable. He'll do well to end up at a bottom half Premier League team.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Joe Rodon on 20:52 - May 6 with 1991 viewsmagicdaps10

Joe Rodon on 20:24 - May 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is always very entertaining reading the valuations Swansea supporters give to local players.

Rodon is already 22 years old. He's not a talented young teenager. There's a plethora of players far younger than him, who already have extensive top flight and European experience.

12 months older than a certain Daniel James who we sold nearly 12 months ago to a top 6 Premier league team for 15m.

Think you might be onto something 🤣🤣

Joe Rodon on 21:10 - May 6 with 1974 viewsJackinexile1

There is no way we are getting 20 million for Joe Rodon this summer.
Joe Rodon on 21:16 - May 6 with 1959 viewsswan65split

Big transfer fees and wages are a dream for the next 3 years....or even more.
Joe Rodon on 21:40 - May 6 with 1929 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon on 20:24 - May 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Rodon is still very young for a regular Centre Back in the Championship. And international.

Different positions maybe younger to breakthrough, but not centre backs.
He is still a genuine prospect.

Man City and Man Utd are never short of cash.
And centre backs are bringing big money like Virgil and Slabhead.

There has been no local player since Ben who has anywhere near the potential that Rodon has.
I can only assume that you don't attend our games very often.

Joe Rodon on 21:41 - May 6 with 1920 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Joe Rodon on 20:52 - May 6 by magicdaps10

12 months older than a certain Daniel James who we sold nearly 12 months ago to a top 6 Premier league team for 15m.

Think you might be onto something 🤣🤣

Daniel James put himself in the window with his performances against Brentford and Manchester City, where clips of his runs went viral and he became a superstar overnight.

Joe Rodon has been putting in above average performances against second tier clubs and it is unlikely many outside of the Swansea City bubble even know who he is.

I remember the valuations given to James being ridiculous 12 months ago as well.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 21:47]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Joe Rodon on 22:05 - May 6 with 1888 viewsmagicdaps10

Joe Rodon on 21:41 - May 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Daniel James put himself in the window with his performances against Brentford and Manchester City, where clips of his runs went viral and he became a superstar overnight.

Joe Rodon has been putting in above average performances against second tier clubs and it is unlikely many outside of the Swansea City bubble even know who he is.

I remember the valuations given to James being ridiculous 12 months ago as well.

Don't forget that a deal was in place with Leeds in Jan for them to pay 10m for James if they got promoted to the Premier league..... Of course there were going to be high fees mentioned once there were 3/4 Premier league clubs vying for him.

Man Utd and City along with Chelsea and Everton have all been linked with Rodon, I would say there are plenty of admirers of Rodon....if it were not for this virus then he would be going to a top half Premier league team for near the amount we got for James.

What will happen now is anyone's guess but rest assured that top teams in the Premier league are and rightly so keeping an eye on this highly talented young guy.

Joe Rodon on 23:53 - May 6 with 1801 viewsmajorraglan

He’s a tidy prospect and can go for big bucks. Big defenders who can play the ball are few and far between. Van Dyke was playing for Celtic when he was in his early 20s and look at him now, John Stones was 21 when he signed for City ( I appreciate he’d had almost a 100 games at Everton) so Rodon has plenty of time. A top coach will further develop his skills and abilities and he could go a long way. £20m with a decent sell on clause would be great.
Joe Rodon on 00:50 - May 7 with 1763 viewsNotLoyal

I'll keep on.
Ayew should hang his head in shame.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Joe Rodon on 07:10 - May 7 with 1702 viewsChief

Joe Rodon on 21:41 - May 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Nice try

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joe Rodon on 09:34 - May 7 with 1627 viewsKGriz16

Birch is a decent negotiator 30 + million.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024