Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 94674 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:43 - Jul 7 with 1288 viewsEbo

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:10 - Jul 7 by BarrySwan

Well 35.6% turnout in 2011 would have to work extremely hard to justify your claim of an enormous vote of confidence in many peoples opinion.

A wins a win in first past the post however, unless of course the political class lose as they did in 79 thus prompting them to adopt the standard EU tactics of making the public vote again until they voted the right way.

The turnout in 2011 suggests more an indication of voter apathy with politics than your exaggerated enormous vote of confidence claim.

Add in the entire Welsh political class, the Welsh media plus just about every single Cardiff Bay funded NGO chucking their weight behind their funding source against an opposition which declared a total campaigning fund of £4,000 and I think that you'll find that your enormous vote of confidence claim more resembles the establishment resources overwhelming an opposition with everything against them and the aforementioned general voter apathy as opposed to the determination of the fanatics to vote the extra powers through.

And still the Yes vote managed barely 25% of the electorates support even with all the cards, resources and money stacked in their favour. Suspiciously similar to the vote % in 1997 I'm sure that you'll have noted.

I would suspect that opposition to the Assembly vote will have increased substantially by now if my experience of general conversation around my area is anything to go by. Not enough to scrap the Staus Quo assembly perhaps but certainly more than enough to return a number of abolish candidates to the Bay of plenty on the list vote.

Or I suppose that you could adopt the Leanne and Carwyn fingers on the pulse of the Welsh electorate expertise and bury your head in the sand just like they did until they woke up with a shock to the actual EU referendum result the morning after.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 13:11]

Current polling is less than 4% for abolish. A party led by a Shrewsbury based ex Tory and a few UKIP members including an ex drug addict and convicted burglar in Richard Taylor. A man who is facing legal action over threatening a journalist.

They are going nowhere.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:53 - Jul 7 with 1275 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:43 - Jul 7 by Ebo

Current polling is less than 4% for abolish. A party led by a Shrewsbury based ex Tory and a few UKIP members including an ex drug addict and convicted burglar in Richard Taylor. A man who is facing legal action over threatening a journalist.

They are going nowhere.

Funny I asked 10 welsh people and they all voted 100% in my poll to abolish the Welsh Assembly.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:09 - Jul 7 with 1238 viewsBarrySwan

They are going nowhere.

I wouldn't recommend any of their likely candidates.

However that also goes for the candidates of the other parties.

You clearly must be as deluded as the many vain egotistical candidates who no doubt firmly believe that they are so respected that it is their own personal vote that gets them elected rather than because voters are blindly voting for their preferred party whoever was the nominated candidate.

I think that this is evidenced. by the number who get elected as independents when they are deselected i.e none of them. Those idiots initially in change UK are a perfect example of the delusional vanity of many politicians.

So the voters will vote for the party not the candidates in the list system and it really doesn't make a scrap of difference to me if your analysis of political trends might well prove to be totally out of kilter but I can only repeat my own current view that in talking to many people in my area there is a groundswell far in excess of 4% for abolishing the assembly despite the potential astonishingly poor quality of their candidates.

I would expect anything from roughly 7.5% upwards would start getting them elected representatives on the list, hardly a difficult task I wouldn't have thought.

It really is for them to lose it, and one thing that I would concede is that knowing the background of some of their 'leading lights' they are quite capable of blowing it just as they are just as likely to get elected despite themselves.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 16:15]
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:08 - Jul 8 with 1162 viewsCatullus

They are going nowhere.

Current polling? Please provide the link to this evidence then. As I stated, Professor Awan-Scully, the apparent expert on these Welsh matters said latest polls (in February) suggested 24% support for abolish and he believes the abolish party could win seats in 2021.

On the 2011 referendum, a 35.6 turnout doesn't signify anything but apathy, only around 25% of registered voters chose more powers, hardly a ringing endorsement.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:21 - Jul 8 with 1149 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good to see the Prime Minister has promised to unlock the brynglas M4 bottleneck which the Welsh Assembly has failed to do over the last 20 years. This can only boost the Welsh economy.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:14 - Jul 8 with 1124 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:21 - Jul 8 by felixstowe_jack

Good to see the Prime Minister has promised to unlock the brynglas M4 bottleneck which the Welsh Assembly has failed to do over the last 20 years. This can only boost the Welsh economy.

He doesnt have the power to do that. It is a devolved matter for the Senydd.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:26 - Jul 8 with 1105 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:14 - Jul 8 by exhmrc1

He doesnt have the power to do that. It is a devolved matter for the Senydd.

It’s about time they thought of the rest of the country then and not just Cardiff and the valleys

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:31 - Jul 8 with 1096 viewsmajorraglan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:26 - Jul 8 by Andy1300

It’s about time they thought of the rest of the country then and not just Cardiff and the valleys

With Simon Hart and Crabb down in a Pembs and a bunch of other MP’s outside the Cardiff area, he may just decide to push the investment further away from Cardiff.
Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:43 - Jul 8 with 1086 viewspencoedjack

& the reason Ineos are not coming to Bridgend.

Of course Carwyn James is still blaming Brexit.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:45 - Jul 8 with 1085 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:26 - Jul 8 by Andy1300

I’m sure the people of the valleys wouldn’t agree with you if you think they are getting investment
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:57 - Jul 8 with 1078 viewsEbo

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:53 - Jul 7 by felixstowe_jack

Funny I asked 10 welsh people and they all voted 100% in my poll to abolish the Welsh Assembly.

10 people f uck my old boots. What a barometer of truth.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:59 - Jul 8 with 1072 viewsEbo

They’ll announce it for electoral gain and then bin it.

English kunts encroaching on is yet again.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:59 - Jul 8 with 1072 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:53 - Jul 7 by felixstowe_jack

The majority of people I speak with would vote to abolish the Welsh assembly.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:02 - Jul 8 with 1067 viewsEbo

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:59 - Jul 8 by pencoedjack

Bullshit. There again you’re a bootlicker and that’s what bootlickers do.

The Senedd is here to stay. That “party” won’t get anywhere.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:06 - Jul 8 with 1060 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:02 - Jul 8 by Ebo

Bullshit. There again you’re a bootlicker and that’s what bootlickers do.

The Senedd is here to stay. That “party” won’t get anywhere.

In some backwash village you may have a few dreamers in the real world we know the facts
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:08 - Jul 8 with 1058 viewsrockinjac

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:59 - Jul 8 by pencoedjack

I have no quantitative evidence granted but from the people I speak to it tends to fall into this:

- Complete apathy towards the WAG, no interest
- outright hostility
- like the 'idea' of it

Very, very few genuinely like it.

Apathy is the majority opinion though. Think about it, who are engaged in the WAG elections? Nationalists of course, everyone else in not interested.

The real danger for the WAG is Welsh people getting engaged in the process then the likes of 'abolish the WAG' will start getting traction even if the Welsh media point blank refuse to discuss it.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:09 - Jul 8 with 1056 viewsEbo

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:06 - Jul 8 by pencoedjack

In some backwash village you may have a few dreamers in the real world we know the facts

So because you spoke to a handful of people you think the majority don’t want it?
Let’s weigh that up against all the main political parties in wales whose voters want to keep it plus the hundreds of thousands of independence supporters.

You are making yourself look stupid. Slurp slurp.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:12 - Jul 8 with 1054 viewsEbo

If the English govt is actually intending to break the law by circumventing the Government of Wales Act, they will have a huge fight on their hands.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:13 - Jul 8 with 1053 viewsrockinjac

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:12 - Jul 8 by Ebo

If the English govt is actually intending to break the law by circumventing the Government of Wales Act, they will have a huge fight on their hands.

NOOOOO WE DON'T WANT INVESTMENT
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:17 - Jul 8 with 1046 viewsEbo

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:13 - Jul 8 by rockinjac

NOOOOO WE DON'T WANT INVESTMENT

They’ll scrap it and blame it on the welsh govt. That’s how Tory’s work.

I just can’t fathom how a minority of people wish to be ruled 100% by another country.

I think it’s called Stockholm syndrome.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:19 - Jul 8 with 1044 viewsrockinjac

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:17 - Jul 8 by Ebo

I just can’t fathom how a minority of people wish to be ruled 100% by another country.

"They’ll scrap it and blame it on the welsh govt. That’s how Tory’s work."

What on Earth does that mean.

You are the embodiment of a Nationalist by the way, incomprehensible nonsense as long as its wrapped in a flag.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:23 - Jul 8 with 1041 viewsHighjack

We aren’t ruled by another country.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:30 - Jul 8 with 1036 viewspencoedjack

I can’t fathom how somebody so anti English continually spouts shite on a football forum of a club that’s plays in the English football league.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:35 - Jul 8 with 1032 viewsEbo

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:23 - Jul 8 by Highjack

We aren’t ruled by another country.

We are not fully devolved. Therefore we are ruled by the most part by those idiots in Westminster.
If people want the road, get a Government elected in the Senedd that will build it. "A party I don't like is in power" does not equal Devolution failing

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:39 - Jul 8 with 1028 viewsHighjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:35 - Jul 8 by Ebo

We are not fully devolved. Therefore we are ruled by the most part by those idiots in Westminster.
If people want the road, get a Government elected in the Senedd that will build it. "A party I don't like is in power" does not equal Devolution failing

But it’s not “another country”. It’s the UK.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024