Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 95674 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:52 - Jan 9 with 1258 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:38 - Jan 9 by felixstowe_jack

Today's tests
% of tests that were positive
Wales 12.4
England 9.8
UK average 9.5
NI 9.3
Scotland 8.7

PHW only managed 3% of the UK tests based on Wales population they should be doing 4.5%

It seems cases in Wales should be 50% higher if PHW could manage the same rate of testing as the rest of the UK.

WHY is Drakeford not asking a very simple question why is Wales failing to test?

Total Cases per 100,000
Wales 5331
England 4643
Ni 4625
Scotland 2707

You live in England 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:09 - Jan 10 with 1206 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:52 - Jan 9 by Kilkennyjack

You live in England 🤷‍♂️

I live in the UK UK correct.
The welsh government announced it has 272,000 doses of vaccines of which 22,000 are the oxford vacine. It has 250,000 doses.
It also confirmed that it had 250,000 doses of the Pfizer vacine by 27th December. Yet is had only vaccinated 49,000 as of 3rd January. The welsh government could have vaccinated most of the health workers by now. Why are the vaccines sitting in fridges and not being used.

Answers of a postcard dithering Drakeford and guessing Gething.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:38 - Jan 10 with 1186 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:09 - Jan 10 by felixstowe_jack

The welsh government announced it has 272,000 doses of vaccines of which 22,000 are the oxford vacine. It has 250,000 doses.
It also confirmed that it had 250,000 doses of the Pfizer vacine by 27th December. Yet is had only vaccinated 49,000 as of 3rd January. The welsh government could have vaccinated most of the health workers by now. Why are the vaccines sitting in fridges and not being used.

This is the hard facts was disappointed that Marr didn’t ask Starmer about the poor vaccination figures in Wales this morning.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:47 - Jan 10 with 1176 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:09 - Jan 10 by felixstowe_jack

Drakeford also said it was because Wales had particular problems getting the vaccine to isolated areas and that's nonsense.

Is he trying to say nowhere in England has isolated areas? I can also say with some confidence that Scotland has a bigger problem there than us and yet is doing so much better.

Drakeford is clutching at straws, searching for excuses. There will always be differences, nothing will match exactly but the vast majority of Wales population lives close to the coast, we don't have the Orkneys or Shetland to worry about. Devon and Cornwall probably have more isolated communities than Wales, Northumbria, Cumbria, Norfolk, Lincolnshire, even Derbyshire is quite rural. That;s a much bigger area to worry about.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:05 - Jan 10 with 1162 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:03 - Jan 9 by Kilkennyjack

I hope she gets the call next week ... 🙏🏿

Thanks so do I , she's as sharp as razor and its definitely not her time .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:08 - Jan 10 with 1133 viewsFlashberryjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:05 - Jan 10 by Boundy

Thanks so do I , she's as sharp as razor and its definitely not her time .

My father in law is 90 and lives on his own, other than eyesight problems, he is fit and well (exceptionally so for is age).

He can't understand why he's heard absolutely nothing about when he's likely to receive his vaccine, because he's in regular contact contact with relatives living in Coventry (they are all much younger than him) and they have told him that they've all had their first jab, 3 of them had their second jab last week.

How is that so ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:20 - Jan 10 with 1121 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:08 - Jan 10 by Flashberryjack

My father in law is 90 and lives on his own, other than eyesight problems, he is fit and well (exceptionally so for is age).

He can't understand why he's heard absolutely nothing about when he's likely to receive his vaccine, because he's in regular contact contact with relatives living in Coventry (they are all much younger than him) and they have told him that they've all had their first jab, 3 of them had their second jab last week.

How is that so ?

My mum has her prescription delivered and the guy told her to expect a letter or phone call from the surgery this coming week hopefully he's corect .

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:56 - Jan 10 with 1103 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:20 - Jan 10 by Boundy

My mum has her prescription delivered and the guy told her to expect a letter or phone call from the surgery this coming week hopefully he's corect .

It is going to depend on the surgery some will start vaccinating this week others next week and it will more likely be next week when the larger amount of the AZ vaccine will be received. 22000 was received last and 25000 is expected. The first priority group is care home residents and staff and according to the BBC there are just over 40000 of them so they will take most of last weeks and this weeks vaccine. The following week Wales are expecting 80000 doses of AZ so the main vaccination of over 80s, Nhs staff and care staff will start taking place. Again the BBC reports there are 32000 in this group and at 80000 a week it will take several weeks to go through and then they start over 75s which has approx 2 weeks at 80000 a week and the 4th group which is over 70s and shielders will take a further 2 weeks. This is based on the rate of vaccine received and also will be affected by the take up of the vaccine.

Many of the frontline NHS staff ans social workers have been vaccinated and others will probably be given the Pfizer vaccine in the centres.
Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:07 - Jan 10 with 1098 viewsFlashberryjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:20 - Jan 10 by Boundy

I do hope your mums prescription delivery guy is correct, because the guy that delivers my father in laws prescription hasn't heard when he can expect a call.

If you don't mind, could you let me know when the letter arrives please.

Hello

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:35 - Jan 10 with 1093 viewsmajorraglan

If 49,000 doses have been given, then allowing for 2 doses per person that equates to 98,000 doses accounted for, so thats 174,000 doses left which should cover the best part of another 90,000 people.
The vaccination programmes are being devised and administered by the Health Boards, but the WG is in overall charge. They (WG) need to be “stepping on the throats” of the Chiefs (Health Board Management) and demanding updates and that this is sorted; the press and public need to be holding the feet of the WG to the fire and making them accountable.

Edit- clarify point.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 20:36]
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:46 - Jan 10 with 1087 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:07 - Jan 10 by Flashberryjack

I do hope your mums prescription delivery guy is correct, because the guy that delivers my father in laws prescription hasn't heard when he can expect a call.

If you don't mind, could you let me know when the letter arrives please.

yes no problem

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:57 - Jan 10 with 1072 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:56 - Jan 10 by exhmrc1

It is going to depend on the surgery some will start vaccinating this week others next week and it will more likely be next week when the larger amount of the AZ vaccine will be received. 22000 was received last and 25000 is expected. The first priority group is care home residents and staff and according to the BBC there are just over 40000 of them so they will take most of last weeks and this weeks vaccine. The following week Wales are expecting 80000 doses of AZ so the main vaccination of over 80s, Nhs staff and care staff will start taking place. Again the BBC reports there are 32000 in this group and at 80000 a week it will take several weeks to go through and then they start over 75s which has approx 2 weeks at 80000 a week and the 4th group which is over 70s and shielders will take a further 2 weeks. This is based on the rate of vaccine received and also will be affected by the take up of the vaccine.

Many of the frontline NHS staff ans social workers have been vaccinated and others will probably be given the Pfizer vaccine in the centres.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55605111

According to this Wales have received 275,000 doses and administered 70,000.

Just not good enough, no more excuses Drakeford step up your game.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:16 - Jan 10 with 1043 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:08 - Jan 10 by Flashberryjack

How is that so ?

Good luck similar situation my 79 year old mother in law has lung cancer which she has just finished chemo (now has to have radiotherapy) for, not see her great/grandkids since March.

Been told not to ring the doctors as she will be contacted by phone when test is available.

It’s a travesty that the roll out has not been planned, it’s not like nobody knew it wasn’t coming.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:48 - Jan 10 with 1025 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:57 - Jan 10 by Whiterockin

The fact is that the Pfizer vaccine isnt being given to over 80s and Care home due to the temperature it has been kept and to prevent over 80s travelling long distances. Maybe you support dragging over 80s from Banwen, Glynneath or Blaengwynfi to Crymlyn Burrows. I dont and the extra few days to make things easier especially as many will be in shielding category so shouldnt be going it is worthwhile and make their lives easier.

The Pfizer jab will be given to people who can get there easily like NHS and Social care staff.

The reality is that Swansea bay and Cwm Taf have announced their figures yesterday and today. Swansea Bay has vaccinated 9000 and Cwm Taf 10000. Based on pro rata figures that would be nearly 1.6 million on a UK basis. Similarly the Cwm Taf figure would be the same amounts. The figure for Hywel Dda was 1.4 million based on last Sundays figures and Powys was higher still. The overall figure for the UK as of last Sunday was just under 1.3 million so we are not miles behind. At the most a couple of days.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:56 - Jan 10 with 1011 viewsKilkennyjack

Thats nowhere near good enough.

Why cant they get the chemists to help with oxford virus ?
Logistics in place and community reach all in place...?

🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:56 - Jan 10 with 1011 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:48 - Jan 10 by exhmrc1

The fact is that the Pfizer vaccine isnt being given to over 80s and Care home due to the temperature it has been kept and to prevent over 80s travelling long distances. Maybe you support dragging over 80s from Banwen, Glynneath or Blaengwynfi to Crymlyn Burrows. I dont and the extra few days to make things easier especially as many will be in shielding category so shouldnt be going it is worthwhile and make their lives easier.

The Pfizer jab will be given to people who can get there easily like NHS and Social care staff.

The reality is that Swansea bay and Cwm Taf have announced their figures yesterday and today. Swansea Bay has vaccinated 9000 and Cwm Taf 10000. Based on pro rata figures that would be nearly 1.6 million on a UK basis. Similarly the Cwm Taf figure would be the same amounts. The figure for Hywel Dda was 1.4 million based on last Sundays figures and Powys was higher still. The overall figure for the UK as of last Sunday was just under 1.3 million so we are not miles behind. At the most a couple of days.

Cut the stats and all the nonsense. We are way behind England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. They have managed to roll out the vaccination program not all over 80s need to travel long distances.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:08 - Jan 10 with 995 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:56 - Jan 10 by Whiterockin

Cut the stats and all the nonsense. We are way behind England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. They have managed to roll out the vaccination program not all over 80s need to travel long distances.

Stats are the proof. They show what each country is actually giving. We in Wales chose to give the Pfizer vaccine to NHS staff. They chose to give it to over 80s and drag them long distances. In the major cities it is far easier to take people across say Birmingham or Manchester than it is across North Wales in particular. If you want to drag over 80s from say Blaengwynfi to Crymlyn Burrows say so.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:12 - Jan 10 with 994 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:48 - Jan 10 by exhmrc1

https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/news/covid-vaccine-news/covid-19-vaccination-programme-n

So 8,400 NHS and care staff have been vaccinated, that's what we needed, the NHS staff first.

Drakeford has admitted Wales are behind, the official stats say Wales is 4th in the UK.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/pfizer-vaccine-vaccination-covid-w

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/vaccines-wales-important-questions

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:13 - Jan 10 with 993 viewsFlashberryjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:57 - Jan 10 by Whiterockin

It's nothing short of a national scandal, Drakeford shouldn't step up, he should bloody well step down.

Hello

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:19 - Jan 10 with 989 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:08 - Jan 10 by exhmrc1

Stats are the proof. They show what each country is actually giving. We in Wales chose to give the Pfizer vaccine to NHS staff. They chose to give it to over 80s and drag them long distances. In the major cities it is far easier to take people across say Birmingham or Manchester than it is across North Wales in particular. If you want to drag over 80s from say Blaengwynfi to Crymlyn Burrows say so.

Personally if I had an 80 plus year old parent I'd take them to the ends of the Earth to get a vaccine as early as possible.

This is just an excuse for Drakeford being inept, this is Wales not outer Mongolia, every vaccine that has been delivered should be in someone's arm.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:27 - Jan 10 with 976 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:19 - Jan 10 by Scotia

Personally if I had an 80 plus year old parent I'd take them to the ends of the Earth to get a vaccine as early as possible.

This is just an excuse for Drakeford being inept, this is Wales not outer Mongolia, every vaccine that has been delivered should be in someone's arm.

If it was England in our position I'm sure they wouldn't get any criticism

Actually we know the anti English mob would be revelling in it. Yet Wales is Ok and Drakers can do no wrong.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:47 - Jan 10 with 964 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:08 - Jan 10 by exhmrc1

Stats are not proof they can be interpenetrated in various ways. Facts are proof.

Here is a couple of facts for you.

Wales has received 275,000 doses of the two Covid-19 vaccines to deal with the pandemic.
About 70,000 people received a first dose after the first month of the vaccine rollout.

Drakfords reply when questioned.
When asked how many doses of the Pfizer vaccine Wales had received, he said he could not recall the exact figure but further deliveries had been received "on the 23rd and the 27th of December".Pressed on a figure, he said: "It's the low hundreds of thousands"

So 2 weeks ago we had received at least a couple of hundred thousand doses and we are still on 70,000 doses administered.

Stop trying to defend the undefendable this is just not acceptable.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:31 - Jan 10 with 933 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:47 - Jan 10 by Whiterockin

Stats are not proof they can be interpenetrated in various ways. Facts are proof.

Here is a couple of facts for you.

Wales has received 275,000 doses of the two Covid-19 vaccines to deal with the pandemic.
About 70,000 people received a first dose after the first month of the vaccine rollout.

Drakfords reply when questioned.
When asked how many doses of the Pfizer vaccine Wales had received, he said he could not recall the exact figure but further deliveries had been received "on the 23rd and the 27th of December".Pressed on a figure, he said: "It's the low hundreds of thousands"

So 2 weeks ago we had received at least a couple of hundred thousand doses and we are still on 70,000 doses administered.

Stop trying to defend the undefendable this is just not acceptable.

Just like today Wales had 1660 new cases. England had 50291. Based on a pro rata England would have had 29880. England had over 20000 more cases proportionately than Wales. This is due to Drakeford acting firmly and Johnson not doing so. In terms of vaccines we have at least 4 Welsh Health Boards having vaccinated an equivalent an amount of approx 1.6 million or more in England. The uk vaccinated just under 1.29 million by last Sunday. The figures are hugely different and at most they are a couple of days behind even if that is the case.

So would you have preferred to drag over 80s many miles and do you disagree with putting NHS workers first. This is what has happened in England.

People vaccinated – 1st dose
1,296,432 as of 3 January 2021
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 18:41]
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:57 - Jan 10 with 922 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:31 - Jan 10 by exhmrc1

Just like today Wales had 1660 new cases. England had 50291. Based on a pro rata England would have had 29880. England had over 20000 more cases proportionately than Wales. This is due to Drakeford acting firmly and Johnson not doing so. In terms of vaccines we have at least 4 Welsh Health Boards having vaccinated an equivalent an amount of approx 1.6 million or more in England. The uk vaccinated just under 1.29 million by last Sunday. The figures are hugely different and at most they are a couple of days behind even if that is the case.

So would you have preferred to drag over 80s many miles and do you disagree with putting NHS workers first. This is what has happened in England.

People vaccinated – 1st dose
1,296,432 as of 3 January 2021
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 18:41]

It is largely due to the prevalence of the new variant in SE England.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:07 - Jan 10 with 915 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:57 - Jan 10 by Scotia

It is largely due to the prevalence of the new variant in SE England.

It isnt it is largely due to Johnson dithering and not putting England into stricter lockdown when Wales did. He was taking areas out of area 3 into areas 1 and 2. He opened football grounds when the cases were rising. That is the real reason for it. No doubt in a couple of weeks time the English figures will also drop and would have dropped by now had he taken action sooner.

Is Birmingham in SE England 739 cases in 7 days to 4 Jan
Liverpool 859 cases. Mus be in SE England
Wirral 866 cases. Must be in SE England. Perhaps you better explain that to OHG.
Cheshire West and Cheshire 621 cases

Compare that with the authorities locally
Swansea 395 cases
Neath Port Talbot 470 cases
Carmarthenshire 395 cases
Powys 233 cases
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 19:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024