Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest Swans Trust statement 18:59 - May 25 with 2754 viewsmarchamjack

Some of the families of our hard-pressed footballers won’t like it 👍

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:15 - May 25 with 2722 viewsNeath_Jack

Post it up then.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:32 - May 25 with 2702 viewsLibertarian

The Swans’ Trust notes the recent update from Swans’ Chairman Trevor Birch to season ticket holders regarding potential refunds relating to the remainder of the 2019/20, and upcoming 2020/21, seasons.

As the Trust commented in its recent statement, the football industry, like many others, has already, and will continue to be, significantly affected by the current Covid-19 crisis, particularly due to the financial implications of fans being unable to attend games, most likely for the foreseeable future.

We note that many fans are keen to assist the club during this time. As you would expect, particularly during times of crisis, the Trust’s Supporter Director is in frequent dialogue with the club’s management team. A working group has also been set up between the Trust and the Club which has already discussed potential initiatives, and would welcome the input of fans during this time. If anyone has any ideas that could help the club over the coming months then please contact the Trust via social media or email to communications@swanstrust.co.uk and we will raise them in our discussions.

We welcome the comment from Trevor Birch that any potential alternatives to refunds would be optional. We should remember that all sections of society are being impacted at this time, with many people facing their own financial difficulties and as such refunds of money paid must be available to those who choose to take that option.

Whilst we can always rely on the Jack Army to help the club in times of need, it would be unfair on the fans to be the only stakeholder group to do so, and that unique relationship must not be put at risk. We reiterate our call that reductions, not deferrals, to the wages of those earning far beyond the dreams of most fans are fundamental in ensuring the long term financial stability of our club, particularly as we enter a period when revenues are likely to be dramatically impacted.

We also reiterate our call to our fellow shareholders to work with us to find a solution to these, and other, issues. All parties need to work together to ensure our club’s survival in the coming months and beyond.

Swansea City Supporters' Trust

25th May 2020
Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:57 - May 25 with 2652 viewsNeath_Jack

Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:32 - May 25 by Libertarian

The Swans’ Trust notes the recent update from Swans’ Chairman Trevor Birch to season ticket holders regarding potential refunds relating to the remainder of the 2019/20, and upcoming 2020/21, seasons.

As the Trust commented in its recent statement, the football industry, like many others, has already, and will continue to be, significantly affected by the current Covid-19 crisis, particularly due to the financial implications of fans being unable to attend games, most likely for the foreseeable future.

We note that many fans are keen to assist the club during this time. As you would expect, particularly during times of crisis, the Trust’s Supporter Director is in frequent dialogue with the club’s management team. A working group has also been set up between the Trust and the Club which has already discussed potential initiatives, and would welcome the input of fans during this time. If anyone has any ideas that could help the club over the coming months then please contact the Trust via social media or email to communications@swanstrust.co.uk and we will raise them in our discussions.

We welcome the comment from Trevor Birch that any potential alternatives to refunds would be optional. We should remember that all sections of society are being impacted at this time, with many people facing their own financial difficulties and as such refunds of money paid must be available to those who choose to take that option.

Whilst we can always rely on the Jack Army to help the club in times of need, it would be unfair on the fans to be the only stakeholder group to do so, and that unique relationship must not be put at risk. We reiterate our call that reductions, not deferrals, to the wages of those earning far beyond the dreams of most fans are fundamental in ensuring the long term financial stability of our club, particularly as we enter a period when revenues are likely to be dramatically impacted.

We also reiterate our call to our fellow shareholders to work with us to find a solution to these, and other, issues. All parties need to work together to ensure our club’s survival in the coming months and beyond.

25th May 2020

Diolch.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Latest Swans Trust statement on 20:12 - May 25 with 2626 viewsSwanjaxs

We reiterate our call that reductions, not deferrals, to the wages of those earning far beyond the dreams of most fans are fundamental in ensuring the long term financial stability of our club, particularly as we enter a period when revenues are likely to be dramatically impacted.

Over to you Birchy kid ... 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Latest Swans Trust statement on 20:24 - May 25 with 2608 viewsDarran

Could have been a little stronger for me,should have dissed the bit where Birch basically said “don’t forget plebs if you have a refund you’re going to bankrupt the club.”

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Latest Swans Trust statement on 21:03 - May 25 with 2549 viewsLeonWasGod

Latest Swans Trust statement on 20:24 - May 25 by Darran

Could have been a little stronger for me,should have dissed the bit where Birch basically said “don’t forget plebs if you have a refund you’re going to bankrupt the club.”

A working group with no ideas sounds good though
Latest Swans Trust statement on 10:44 - May 26 with 2372 viewsCatullus

Oh come on Darran, I'm sure anybody who'd bought an ST but is now struggling to pay their rent/mortgage or buy food won't mind going hungry and/or homeless so well paid footballers can keep on getting well paid.

Mind you, the Huddersfield owner reckons that 50/60 lower league clubs might go under in all this, there'll be a few clubs higher up in trouble too. Football needs a reset, in my opinion

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Latest Swans Trust statement on 12:00 - May 26 with 2318 viewsjacktar

Latest Swans Trust statement on 10:44 - May 26 by Catullus

Oh come on Darran, I'm sure anybody who'd bought an ST but is now struggling to pay their rent/mortgage or buy food won't mind going hungry and/or homeless so well paid footballers can keep on getting well paid.

Mind you, the Huddersfield owner reckons that 50/60 lower league clubs might go under in all this, there'll be a few clubs higher up in trouble too. Football needs a reset, in my opinion

Your last sentence says it all really.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Login to get fewer ads

Latest Swans Trust statement on 17:35 - May 26 with 2212 viewsNortbankboy

Latest Swans Trust statement on 12:00 - May 26 by jacktar

Your last sentence says it all really.

I think the way forward would be to sell.a.
Player to get us through this difficult time.
It also reduce the wage bill
Latest Swans Trust statement on 18:11 - May 26 with 2163 viewsOldjack

It's simple mun ,those in charge take pay cuts along with players ,and then they might get some sympathy from the fans

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Latest Swans Trust statement on 18:17 - May 26 with 2157 viewsGlyn1

While I'm always happy to support pay cuts for anyone else except me, I don't like some of the undercurrent in many of the discussions about players taking pay cuts (not in the Trust's statement but in the newspapers).

Most players come from working-class backgrounds and there's an element of middle and upper class people telling people that they earn too much. The same thing isn't being asked of anyone else so far as I can tell.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:22 - May 26 with 2116 viewsexiledclaseboy

Latest Swans Trust statement on 18:17 - May 26 by Glyn1

While I'm always happy to support pay cuts for anyone else except me, I don't like some of the undercurrent in many of the discussions about players taking pay cuts (not in the Trust's statement but in the newspapers).

Most players come from working-class backgrounds and there's an element of middle and upper class people telling people that they earn too much. The same thing isn't being asked of anyone else so far as I can tell.

No one else has been asked to take a pay cut? What about the millions of people on furlough getting 80% of their normal wage? Now I’m not one to wield a pitchfork at anyone but we know that many clubs are going to struggle to survive financially through this, so is it unreasonable to ask handsomely paid executives to take a 20% cut in their wage so that their employer has a slightly better chance of still being around in a year’s time? Deferrals are no good despite Birch and Cooper shouting theirs from the rooftops as some noble act of self sacrifice. They’ll still get every penny just at a later date.

Poll: Tory leader

Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:26 - May 26 with 2110 viewsNotLoyal

If we go down the pan, which I doubt, then so be it.
It is what it is.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:42 - May 26 with 2083 viewsmonmouth

Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:26 - May 26 by NotLoyal

If we go down the pan, which I doubt, then so be it.
It is what it is.

I never thought I’d say this but I feel similar. Football has lost all meaning to me, and the sheer greed and self interest and self regard and self importance has turned my blood cold. I really hope we survive, and if we do and lose some financially reckless clubs along the way, then that’s fair enough, but if the whole caboodle goes down the shitter with us dragged along with it I’m not sure how many tears I’d shed, and I think I could get used to it now. I never ever thought that in our previous dalliances with the Grim Reaper, that’s for sure.

Swansea means more to me than (just) a(nother) football club. Might well feel different if it happens I suppose. An attachment of 51 years is not easily severed, but so many things currently feel so much more important. Infinitely so.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:48 - May 26 with 2071 viewsjack247

I wouldn’t really have an issue with the gist of what he was saying (it was worded very condescendingly mind) If he And the higher paid non playing staff were taking a temporary cut. Perhaps he’d be happy with 80%, a shedload of out of date replica kits and a few duvet covers.
Latest Swans Trust statement on 22:48 - May 26 with 1975 viewsNotLoyal

Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:42 - May 26 by monmouth

I never thought I’d say this but I feel similar. Football has lost all meaning to me, and the sheer greed and self interest and self regard and self importance has turned my blood cold. I really hope we survive, and if we do and lose some financially reckless clubs along the way, then that’s fair enough, but if the whole caboodle goes down the shitter with us dragged along with it I’m not sure how many tears I’d shed, and I think I could get used to it now. I never ever thought that in our previous dalliances with the Grim Reaper, that’s for sure.

Swansea means more to me than (just) a(nother) football club. Might well feel different if it happens I suppose. An attachment of 51 years is not easily severed, but so many things currently feel so much more important. Infinitely so.

Put as well as it can be.
They've lost me at the moment, I'm going through a process of replacing the Swansea stimulus I have had since my first game in 1981, its working. I have no affection (and never have) for this pathetic lording of another human being as some sort of legend or god, it's embarrassing. I support Swansea, not those millionaires half the league have never heard of. And their total greed is now emphasised by not one of them stepping forward and doing anything collectively to support the community that has made them who they are and given them financial stability for life. So, for me bridges are now totally burned. And now the club is where it is today I am replacing the football fix that Swansea gave me and over time since March other aspects of life are far more stimulating and pleasurable. If football returns one day I will see how I feel, but I've got nothing but an empty feeling at this time. And although Swansea City will never lose me entirely, it will no longer be a part of my decision making process when planning ahead. And that won't change. This lockdown thing has been very positive for me in many aspects of life. And Swansea City are very much at the back of my mind. And will remain there.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 22:50]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Latest Swans Trust statement on 23:00 - May 26 with 1963 viewslonglostjack

When the Trust get what’s rightfully due to it, having been unfairly prejudiced as the biggest single shareholder, the Swans future will be secure. I have a dream.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 23:02]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Latest Swans Trust statement on 23:38 - May 26 with 1921 viewsSwanjaxs

Latest Swans Trust statement on 23:00 - May 26 by longlostjack

When the Trust get what’s rightfully due to it, having been unfairly prejudiced as the biggest single shareholder, the Swans future will be secure. I have a dream.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 23:02]

Unfortunately, that ship sailed past Mumbles Head long ago.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Latest Swans Trust statement on 23:52 - May 26 with 1913 viewsKilkennyjack

Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:32 - May 25 by Libertarian

25th May 2020

I think the part about ‘other stakeholders’ hits the nail on the head.

If the club does well financially then the shareholders get the dividends.
So ....how come if the club is under pressure financially then why do the fans need to be generous ?

Also if the season is played out, then thats different to no more games and lost revenue.

Next season we get are last parachute payment and we sell Rodon.
Thats enough to secure the club in the short term.

Its the 21/22 season that should really worry us.

Our fans have their own income issues due to covid.
I hope our clubs plays fair with our fans.

Beware of the Risen People

Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:16 - May 28 with 1686 viewsCatullus

It's not as easy as saying sell a player or two. Even mega rich Man City will be keeping a tighter reign on the purse strings. What price we might of got for Rodon last year might look a lot different next window or next year. If not because they are short of cash flow then maybe because they know us smaller clubs will be extremely desperate and they might play hardball. They're certainly not going to throw 20 million at us just to be nice. Also, if they all have players who took deferrals, what will happen when this is over with (assuming it ever is) and they have to find many millions to pay up those deferred wages? We will be in that boat too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Latest Swans Trust statement on 21:15 - May 28 with 1633 viewsmonmouth

Latest Swans Trust statement on 19:16 - May 28 by Catullus

It's not as easy as saying sell a player or two. Even mega rich Man City will be keeping a tighter reign on the purse strings. What price we might of got for Rodon last year might look a lot different next window or next year. If not because they are short of cash flow then maybe because they know us smaller clubs will be extremely desperate and they might play hardball. They're certainly not going to throw 20 million at us just to be nice. Also, if they all have players who took deferrals, what will happen when this is over with (assuming it ever is) and they have to find many millions to pay up those deferred wages? We will be in that boat too.

Aye there's a definite opportunity for richer clubs to fleece poorer ones' assets at rock bottom prices if it can't be managed.

When do our billionaire cousins get their 15m bill by the way.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024