Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Rashford 09:37 - Jun 15 with 10658 views3swan

Heard some of his interview this morning and he came across well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53042684

Marcus Rashford on 16:26 - Jun 16 with 1276 viewsDarran

Marcus Rashford on 15:57 - Jun 16 by Treforys_Jack

Can't be arsed to go through the whole thread, but I have direct experience of school meals and children's nutrition etc. It is absolutely heartbreaking how some children do not have a single meal a day, UNLESS they get it through the schools. The inability of parents to prepare food for their children is a national disgrace and embarrassment. They have breakfast and lunch at the school, and some don't eat again until the following days breakfast. Shocking and upsetting.

I’d imagine some of those parents always find money for alcohol and fags too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Marcus Rashford on 16:30 - Jun 16 with 1265 viewsTreforys_Jack

Marcus Rashford on 16:26 - Jun 16 by Darran

I’d imagine some of those parents always find money for alcohol and fags too.

You forgot mobile phones !!!!! But seriously whilst there are some who fall into that category without a doubt, but it's not the child's fault, and the million dollar question is how do you break the cycle. Education is the only way as far as I can see.
Marcus Rashford on 16:32 - Jun 16 with 1245 viewschad

Marcus Rashford on 16:21 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

What are you wittering about now, my odd little chum.

erudite (didn’t someone suggest we underclass on here thought it was glue) keep up now dearest

And I suppose if Marcus had put an, instead if a, and someone else mocked him for it, you would be unlikely to upvote it.
Marcus Rashford on 16:34 - Jun 16 with 1244 viewsProfessor

Marcus Rashford on 15:42 - Jun 16 by Kerouac

Jesus Christ the 'let's pretend' bit is tiring.

The voters who voted out of the EU and voted in an 80 strong Tory majority to circumvent the people you were cheering on in their attempt at ignoring them.
Those "imaginary" voters.

There is rather a large petition going around signed by people who are not having the desecration of our history and culture from here on in.
The "imaginary" silent majority.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 15:44]

Is this a petition to keep statues that support the lies that caught their eyes in school, in history books? The good old story of the British Empire that ignores genocide, racism, exploitation and the appalling poverty much of the UK was kept in.

I am not supporting tearing down of statues by the way. Would be a great shame not to remember the Churchill, past monarchs and their consorts or those like Clive that were important in shaping what we are. Just to make sure that we all, not just some, fully understand their contexts.
Marcus Rashford on 16:35 - Jun 16 with 1235 viewsexiledclaseboy

Marcus Rashford on 16:32 - Jun 16 by chad

erudite (didn’t someone suggest we underclass on here thought it was glue) keep up now dearest

And I suppose if Marcus had put an, instead if a, and someone else mocked him for it, you would be unlikely to upvote it.

That was probably Warwick. He’s far less patient than I am.

Poll: Tory leader

Marcus Rashford on 16:36 - Jun 16 with 1233 viewsDarran

Marcus Rashford on 16:30 - Jun 16 by Treforys_Jack

You forgot mobile phones !!!!! But seriously whilst there are some who fall into that category without a doubt, but it's not the child's fault, and the million dollar question is how do you break the cycle. Education is the only way as far as I can see.

Absolutely Pal.

Marcus Rashford on 16:40 - Jun 16 with 1221 viewsTreforys_Jack

Marcus Rashford on 16:36 - Jun 16 by Darran

Absolutely Pal.

The issue is the problem and demand is growing, not shrinking. This is even before covid
Marcus Rashford on 16:41 - Jun 16 with 1216 viewsProfessor

But not all-a phone is also the easiest form of internet access for many. The explosion of phone use in Asia and Africa is mainly to access the internet.

There are those who will neglect kids, to whom fags and booze are more important. Always have been in my lifetime. Education is the greatest leveller, but the playing field is far from level. My daughter has just finished High School-a high performing comprehensive and my son (his choice) goes to a boys grammar. Both have had far superior experiences to my niece and nephew in the Rhondda. How poor the experience was for me (in the 80s) only hit at university. We had so little opportunity. For many expectations are too low and the drive to improve has to come from the users as much as government.
Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Rashford on 16:45 - Jun 16 with 1198 viewsTreforys_Jack

Marcus Rashford on 16:41 - Jun 16 by Professor

But not all-a phone is also the easiest form of internet access for many. The explosion of phone use in Asia and Africa is mainly to access the internet.

There are those who will neglect kids, to whom fags and booze are more important. Always have been in my lifetime. Education is the greatest leveller, but the playing field is far from level. My daughter has just finished High School-a high performing comprehensive and my son (his choice) goes to a boys grammar. Both have had far superior experiences to my niece and nephew in the Rhondda. How poor the experience was for me (in the 80s) only hit at university. We had so little opportunity. For many expectations are too low and the drive to improve has to come from the users as much as government.

My phone comment was tongue in cheek.
Marcus Rashford on 16:47 - Jun 16 with 1188 viewsProfessor

Marcus Rashford on 16:45 - Jun 16 by Treforys_Jack

My phone comment was tongue in cheek.

I know-but it will be a comment some relate to. A low spec smartphone is arguably the cheapest tool for communication now.
Marcus Rashford on 17:37 - Jun 16 with 1140 viewstheloneranger

So Boris says he only became aware of Marcus Rashford's campaign today. 😁

Then he spoke to him on the phone to congratulate him.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 17:38]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Marcus Rashford on 17:54 - Jun 16 with 1118 viewsGwyn737

Beautifully done.

Marcus Rashford on 17:55 - Jun 16 with 1107 viewsKerouac

Marcus Rashford on 15:50 - Jun 16 by Professor

So children are not allowed a safety net? The worst scenario is that some poor six year old kid will not get fed properly as a consequence of feckless adults. This is the point. Write off a six year old because his parents are addicts/suffering from mental health issues/been made redundant/trying their best on zero hours contracts. Austerity has done much harm in this country. I don't see it now looking out of window onto my nice private housing estate, but I know I can nip in the car and find poverty and real struggles in a few minutes in Wirral, Chester, Deeside or Wrexham. This is why we are supposed to be civilised, have society not to let that six year old on free school meals fall down the cracks.

Those free school meals were great for me. Meant we could have heating on occasionally. These are unprecedented times. The cost is less then Rees-Mogg's company profits (without any payable tax) over the last three years. A time in which I have about £50K in tax. Would rather than be £52K tax if it gave kids a fair opportunity.

You misunderstand my point.

Free school dinners are fine.
I was entitled to free school dinners growing up, I didn't actually use the tickets (I had two paper rounds and always had cash on me) but I would give my ticket to a boy I knew who didn't have a very good home life.
My point is, isn't the fact that we pay for it enough?
Why do we not require the parents to prepare the meals?
Is it too much to demand that grown adults prepare their kids meals?

Why not food vouchers to the parents?

If you are going to tell me that the reason we don't do that is because the parents will take the vouchers and not prepare the meals I will tell you that those children should not be in the care of those adults.
How many people do you want to indulge like this?

How have they got to adulthood, been educated, and not learnt the most basic of human functions.

I'm not buying it, and the lady on minimum wage who has to cook meals for other people's kids as well as her own kids whilst working long shifts at a supermarket wasn't buying it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Marcus Rashford on 18:00 - Jun 16 with 1110 viewsProfessor

Marcus Rashford on 17:55 - Jun 16 by Kerouac

You misunderstand my point.

Free school dinners are fine.
I was entitled to free school dinners growing up, I didn't actually use the tickets (I had two paper rounds and always had cash on me) but I would give my ticket to a boy I knew who didn't have a very good home life.
My point is, isn't the fact that we pay for it enough?
Why do we not require the parents to prepare the meals?
Is it too much to demand that grown adults prepare their kids meals?

Why not food vouchers to the parents?

If you are going to tell me that the reason we don't do that is because the parents will take the vouchers and not prepare the meals I will tell you that those children should not be in the care of those adults.
How many people do you want to indulge like this?

How have they got to adulthood, been educated, and not learnt the most basic of human functions.

I'm not buying it, and the lady on minimum wage who has to cook meals for other people's kids as well as her own kids whilst working long shifts at a supermarket wasn't buying it either.

In most cases (in England which is what the whole thing is about) this is vouchers. Very few places have provided food via the school kitchen. There have been substantial problems with the outsourced voucher system (I believe to a French company) including refusal at the till. Some schools have set up ad hoc food banks to cover this. This is the realisty in the North West. What goes on in Wales is different gravy.
Marcus Rashford on 18:11 - Jun 16 with 1099 viewsDarran

Marcus Rashford on 17:54 - Jun 16 by Gwyn737

Beautifully done.

It’s not really Rashford mind Gwyn. 👀

Marcus Rashford on 18:24 - Jun 16 with 1078 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Marcus Rashford on 18:35 - Jun 16 with 1069 viewsNeath_Jack

Marcus Rashford on 14:52 - Jun 16 by Kerouac

They are not learning anything stuck at home mate, not that the people who get paid by the likes of me to educate our children give a single f*ck.

They are not even bothering to teach them anything at the hubs, they are just a glorified nursery.

How it works.
The teaching staff rotate at the hub, so the only people working their usual amount every week are the dinner ladies...a lot of which have second jobs.

I was speaking to one a few weeks ago who was livid about it. She gets to go off at the crack of dawn to work at the supermarket to help keep everybody fed, when her shifts allow she is at the school cooking dinners for lazy f*ckers.
She goes home knackered after doing her own shopping and the shopping for her elderly neighbour.
Meanwhile the other side of her there is a family where the parents don't work who never leave the house, get paid out of her taxes, get their shopping delivered at their door (she herself doesn't have time to book an online slot, she's too busy fecking working), and are getting their kids lunch delivered to their door that their neighbour fecking cooked in between shifts.

Why do you think so many have had a gutsful?
Wake up, things are going to change.

Malnutrition!
Utter bollocks.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 14:59]

Bastardoo is back, Bastardoo is back woah woah.

Despicable lying bastard.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Marcus Rashford on 18:35 - Jun 16 with 1068 viewsFireboy2

That's a good question TJ.

When labour got elected in 97 they set up sure start centres, set up in run down areas which basically taught people how to bring their kids up, it was going swimmingly until 2010
Marcus Rashford on 18:37 - Jun 16 with 1065 viewslonglostjack

Marcus Rashford on 15:57 - Jun 16 by Treforys_Jack

Can't be arsed to go through the whole thread, but I have direct experience of school meals and children's nutrition etc. It is absolutely heartbreaking how some children do not have a single meal a day, UNLESS they get it through the schools. The inability of parents to prepare food for their children is a national disgrace and embarrassment. They have breakfast and lunch at the school, and some don't eat again until the following days breakfast. Shocking and upsetting.

Terrible. Why on earth aren’t cooking lessons compulsory in the national curriculum? How to cook decent food from cheaper ingredients. Start em off young. Yes they‘d still probably prefer a chocolate Dominos Pizza - but they‘ll have learnt something that will stay with them for the rest of their lives.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Marcus Rashford on 18:39 - Jun 16 with 1061 viewsProfessor

Marcus Rashford on 18:37 - Jun 16 by longlostjack

Terrible. Why on earth aren’t cooking lessons compulsory in the national curriculum? How to cook decent food from cheaper ingredients. Start em off young. Yes they‘d still probably prefer a chocolate Dominos Pizza - but they‘ll have learnt something that will stay with them for the rest of their lives.

I agree. Basic cookery and simple home skills would be really useful.
Marcus Rashford on 18:40 - Jun 16 with 1059 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Technology of all kinds is being downgraded by the government for the "core curriculum ".

Really useful stuff that people use in their lives won't be taught at all if current policy carries on.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Marcus Rashford on 18:40 - Jun 16 with 1059 viewsFireboy2

Marcus Rashford on 18:24 - Jun 16 by theloneranger

MR might not have actually written what has been posted on tw@tter but hes probably dictated it which is good enough to me.

His reply to that 'thing' hopkins made me lol.
Marcus Rashford on 18:40 - Jun 16 with 1059 viewsNeath_Jack

Aye, teach it instead of religious studies.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Marcus Rashford on 18:43 - Jun 16 with 1054 viewsFireboy2

Marcus Rashford on 18:40 - Jun 16 by Neath_Jack

Aye, teach it instead of religious studies.

This ^

Big fvcking style.
Marcus Rashford on 18:54 - Jun 16 with 1040 viewsGwyn737

Marcus Rashford on 18:11 - Jun 16 by Darran

It’s not really Rashford mind Gwyn. 👀

I wasn’t sure but it still made me chuckle!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024