Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina 14:48 - Jun 27 with 2964 views34dfgdf54

Out of the squad today, tactical decision. Wonder where he's off in the summer, made it clear to people he knows that he is leaving apparently.
Celina on 16:47 - Jun 27 with 2783 viewsWarwickHunt

On which fûcking planet could that be a tactical decision?

Lose our most creative player and keep a clueless rookie coach? Sums us up post-Laudrup.
Celina on 17:07 - Jun 27 with 2722 viewsoldcob

Celina on 16:47 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

Lose our most creative player and keep a clueless rookie coach? Sums us up post-Laudrup.

Cooper doesn't like skilful players obviously. Someone who can beat a man with guile not speed. Yan Dhanda is small I agree, but he can beat a man and has the skill to send the ball forward. First half today was wasted by taking the easy way out by playing the ball back all the time. No-one with the skill to turn and play it forward. I'm struggling to think of two skilful players out there today. I'll give Ayew the benefit of the doubt, and maybe Gallagher, who seems to have had the skill coached out of him and he too has started playing backward football.
Celina on 17:45 - Jun 27 with 2645 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina on 17:07 - Jun 27 by oldcob

Cooper doesn't like skilful players obviously. Someone who can beat a man with guile not speed. Yan Dhanda is small I agree, but he can beat a man and has the skill to send the ball forward. First half today was wasted by taking the easy way out by playing the ball back all the time. No-one with the skill to turn and play it forward. I'm struggling to think of two skilful players out there today. I'll give Ayew the benefit of the doubt, and maybe Gallagher, who seems to have had the skill coached out of him and he too has started playing backward football.

Cooper has an inferiority complex when dealing with talented players. He’s been infected with the England “can’t beat an average trier” mindset. Graham Taylor must have been his mentor

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Celina on 17:47 - Jun 27 with 2638 views34dfgdf54

Celina is one of those ones that need serious man management. Stroppy, confidence player but has serious talent.

Cooper has failed massively with him, he could be a big asset to whoever he is going to next year.
Celina on 17:50 - Jun 27 with 2621 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina on 17:47 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

Celina is one of those ones that need serious man management. Stroppy, confidence player but has serious talent.

Cooper has failed massively with him, he could be a big asset to whoever he is going to next year.

Coopers own inferiority complex is to blame. Imagine Laudrup coaching him...

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Celina on 17:54 - Jun 27 with 2612 viewslondonlisa2001

Celina on 17:50 - Jun 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Oh dear God Brynnie. I was already in a bad mood watching that game...

Laudrup coaching Celina doesn’t bear thinking about.

It’s the same when they put up those match’s during lockdown. I couldn’t watch.
Celina on 18:00 - Jun 27 with 2592 viewsjack247

He’d have given up by now
Celina on 18:05 - Jun 27 with 2564 viewsFireboy2

An absolute travesty celina not being in the matchday squad let alone the starting 11.

Something has obviously gone on behind the scenes.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 18:10]
Login to get fewer ads

Celina on 18:08 - Jun 27 with 2552 viewsjack247

Celina is much better when he has an intelligent runner to thread through. I’m not sure he’s got that in this side, Having said that, there’s no way he doesn’t make a squad of 20 with Dyer, Routledge, Garrick and Dhanda on the bench. We could have done with him when we were well on top but couldn’t break them down.
Celina on 19:40 - Jun 27 with 2423 viewsThrasher6

He can be frustrating as hell at times....but he has to play.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Celina on 20:03 - Jun 27 with 2371 viewsKilkennyjack

Celina on 16:47 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

👏👏👏👏

Beware of the Risen People

Celina on 21:04 - Jun 27 with 2271 viewsBillyChong

He’d have played Celina out on the wing again anyway the fool
Celina on 22:03 - Jun 27 with 2185 viewsLeonWasGod

Celina on 17:47 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

Potter managed fine with him. I think he was class for Ipswich too, so that would have been with Mccarthy. So two more experienced managers who know how to get the best out of players and get teams punching above their weight. Cooper's used to dealing with the best in their age group, so this year's probably a massive learning curve for him.
Celina on 22:46 - Jun 27 with 2121 viewsNotLoyal

Celina on 17:54 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Oh dear God Brynnie. I was already in a bad mood watching that game...

Laudrup coaching Celina doesn’t bear thinking about.

It’s the same when they put up those match’s during lockdown. I couldn’t watch.

Laudrup would never have coached Celina, because he would never have agreed to signed him.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Celina on 06:47 - Jun 28 with 1988 viewsjack247

Celina on 22:03 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

Potter managed fine with him. I think he was class for Ipswich too, so that would have been with Mccarthy. So two more experienced managers who know how to get the best out of players and get teams punching above their weight. Cooper's used to dealing with the best in their age group, so this year's probably a massive learning curve for him.

Coopers system doesn’t really suit him. Shoehorning him out wide is never going to get the best out of him and he doesn’t have the tenacity to be in a 3 man midfield. Worked better for Potter as McBurnie was back battling in midfield a lot of the time and teams were scared to leave James one on one so there was more space.

He needs to be in the squad at the very least though. I’m hoping nothing has happened behind the scenes and he’s back on Tuesday
Celina on 07:46 - Jun 28 with 1960 viewsKGriz16

Celina on 06:47 - Jun 28 by jack247

Coopers system doesn’t really suit him. Shoehorning him out wide is never going to get the best out of him and he doesn’t have the tenacity to be in a 3 man midfield. Worked better for Potter as McBurnie was back battling in midfield a lot of the time and teams were scared to leave James one on one so there was more space.

He needs to be in the squad at the very least though. I’m hoping nothing has happened behind the scenes and he’s back on Tuesday

Cooper has a system?
Celina on 07:52 - Jun 28 with 1953 viewsjack247

Celina on 07:46 - Jun 28 by KGriz16

Cooper has a system?

Yep. As it happens we play the same way every game, home or away, regardless of who we are playing. I doubt Bielsa will bother hiding anyone in a bush when we play Leeds.
Celina on 08:20 - Jun 28 with 1922 viewsDr_Winston

Celina on 07:46 - Jun 28 by KGriz16

Cooper has a system?

Same system, same style of play, broadly the same substitutions.

The sheer lack of imagination and innovation about him is something to behold.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Celina on 08:47 - Jun 28 with 1882 viewsJinxy

Cooper's response re Celina said it all (7:04 onwards on link). Initially not making eye contact with the camera, then talking about commitment, focus, consistency (finishing not just starting a game etc.).

There's obviously something happened and both are to blame imo - Cooper not having the man management skills (is he really to blame though if he doesn't possess the qualities?), and Celina should knuckle down, fight for and retain his place - e.g. even when he tries to win a game all by himself, Ayew's commitment on the pitch is undoubted. Celina needs to learn to manage the manager.

Celina on 02:59 - Jun 29 with 1575 viewsGlyn1

Celina on 22:03 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

Very good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Celina on 04:18 - Jun 29 with 1559 viewsKilkennyjack

Celina on 21:04 - Jun 27 by BillyChong

He’d have played Celina out on the wing again anyway the fool

Great post.

And yet Man City play David Silva and Kevin every week with Sterling and Mahrez wide and Aguero up top. One holding DCM.

If Coop simply copies that, then Celina plays, and another creative player plays - Routs/Byers/Dhanda ?

Shirley thats our go to formation for playing home where you need to win.

Coops out.

Beware of the Risen People

Celina on 10:54 - Jun 29 with 1366 viewsHighjack

Pozuelo mk II

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Celina on 11:00 - Jun 29 with 1359 viewsHighjack

Celina on 04:18 - Jun 29 by Kilkennyjack

Great post.

And yet Man City play David Silva and Kevin every week with Sterling and Mahrez wide and Aguero up top. One holding DCM.

If Coop simply copies that, then Celina plays, and another creative player plays - Routs/Byers/Dhanda ?

Shirley thats our go to formation for playing home where you need to win.

Coops out.

Sterling and Mahrez don’t play very wide for them. They’re always very inverted with the full backs offering width outside them. They essentially play with five up front a lot of the time, it’s ridiculous.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024