Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TIME TO GET RID 22:53 - Jul 29 with 4449 viewsWAFU

COOPER OUT. CLUELESS TODAY YET AGAIN.
TIME TO GET RID on 23:12 - Jul 29 with 3077 viewsNortbankboy

He has achieved one of the highest position in the league in the club's
100 yr history
TIME TO GET RID on 00:03 - Jul 30 with 2965 viewsbuilthjack

They won't get rid. Who else would they get for 250k a year?
Joey Barton
Sol Campbell
Kenny Sampson
Gazza
Shall I go on?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

TIME TO GET RID on 00:04 - Jul 30 with 2966 viewsTim_Harry

Would you care to expand on that?

Your comment is pointless otherwise.
TIME TO GET RID on 00:56 - Jul 30 with 2919 viewsDJack

TIME TO GET RID on 00:04 - Jul 30 by Tim_Harry

Would you care to expand on that?

Your comment is pointless otherwise.

Most think he is a Blueturd on a windup. Ignore.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

TIME TO GET RID on 08:52 - Jul 30 with 2653 viewsonehunglow

If anyone needs to expand on that then its pointless expanding anything.
Accepting second best .

well done steve

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

TIME TO GET RID on 10:58 - Jul 30 with 2510 viewsBadlands

TIME TO GET RID on 23:12 - Jul 29 by Nortbankboy

100 yr history

So did Monk ... playing atrocious football and starting th destruction of our style and the squad.
As I have said since Mid-September, Cooper out.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

TIME TO GET RID on 11:35 - Jul 30 with 2468 viewsswan65split

Several ways to look at it, b4 the start of the Season, ...Brilliant to get here, October Hooray!!! after Xmas still in with a chance, beginning of July ...Fooked it, last few weeks maybe. Yesterday, got a good chance........48 mins, Thats fooked it!

So overall a mixed bag of how I feel, Brentford by many are respected as being one, if not the best team in the Division, yet we made them look good, so finally pleased we werent relegation fodder that I expected but disappointed as i feel that was our best chance for a long while to get back.

Why we sent al the defence up for a corner in the first 10 mins or so baffles me! allowing so much room in midfield confuses me.
I wont say any more it"ll upset the SC fans.
TIME TO GET RID on 11:53 - Jul 30 with 2453 viewsA_Fans_Dad

100 yr history

Do what?
Are you actually saying that 6th in the Championship is in any way comparable to any position in the Premiership?
Wow, just wow, where have you been for the last 10 years?
Login to get fewer ads

TIME TO GET RID on 12:02 - Jul 30 with 2443 viewsBillyChong

TIME TO GET RID on 11:35 - Jul 30 by swan65split

Several ways to look at it, b4 the start of the Season, ...Brilliant to get here, October Hooray!!! after Xmas still in with a chance, beginning of July ...Fooked it, last few weeks maybe. Yesterday, got a good chance........48 mins, Thats fooked it!

So overall a mixed bag of how I feel, Brentford by many are respected as being one, if not the best team in the Division, yet we made them look good, so finally pleased we werent relegation fodder that I expected but disappointed as i feel that was our best chance for a long while to get back.

Why we sent al the defence up for a corner in the first 10 mins or so baffles me! allowing so much room in midfield confuses me.
I wont say any more it"ll upset the SC fans.

That was a bit odd, we should have been the team looking to counter not Brentford
TIME TO GET RID on 12:29 - Jul 30 with 2417 viewsthornabyswan

TIME TO GET RID on 11:53 - Jul 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Do what?
Are you actually saying that 6th in the Championship is in any way comparable to any position in the Premiership?

We dont have PL players now though.

Yes we had 7 seasons in the PlL but lots more in the bottom divisions.

We had a decent season and did well to finish in the top 6 lots of sides with far bigger budgets struggled.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

TIME TO GET RID on 14:40 - Jul 30 with 2298 viewsHighjack

I think the main reason here is so we can secure good cheap loans to save the yanks from having to spend much money or commit to long term contacts. He’s got next to zero tactical nous. His substitutions (When he bothers to make them) are baffling. His favourite players can struggle week in week out and still be the first name on the team sheet whilst others are ditched for months or sent out on loan after one mistake.

On the other hand though he’s got one of the hardest jobs in the league given the absentee hedge fund owners and the active selling of everything that’s not nailed down and he has got the results to get is into the playoffs by hook or by crook. And it can’t be easy to get results with Bidwell in your team week in week out. We’ve been playing with ten men for most of the year.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

TIME TO GET RID on 15:34 - Jul 30 with 2271 viewsWhiterockin

I have been disappointed with Cooper for most of the season but the last month IMO the team have been playing some good football. The players seem to want to play for him (well most of them). Last night we had a nightmare 10 minutes where Brentford were allowed straight through the middle, again IMO VDH and Grimes were to blame. Cooper made changes to get back in the game and we were hit with a sucker punch for the third goal. We tried and kept at them to the end and could have gone on to snatch an equaliser. Small margins.

I think give Cooper another season.
TIME TO GET RID on 15:50 - Jul 30 with 2260 viewsowainglyndwr

TIME TO GET RID on 15:34 - Jul 30 by Whiterockin

I have been disappointed with Cooper for most of the season but the last month IMO the team have been playing some good football. The players seem to want to play for him (well most of them). Last night we had a nightmare 10 minutes where Brentford were allowed straight through the middle, again IMO VDH and Grimes were to blame. Cooper made changes to get back in the game and we were hit with a sucker punch for the third goal. We tried and kept at them to the end and could have gone on to snatch an equaliser. Small margins.

I think give Cooper another season.

Agree also with Covid hanging over us possibly less funds due to crowds etc .
He has some great connections and coulet bring in some decent players on loan and signings
TIME TO GET RID on 18:29 - Jul 30 with 2148 viewsCatullus

Maybe I missee something but why did he drop Cabango to the bench and play Naughton? WHat did Cabango do wrong, or was he not 100%?

Otherwise we played into Brentfords hands a bit, we were to open. The keeper threw the ball out and we had no cover. Shouldn't we have been keeping it tight, or did Cooper think he'd catch them by surprise?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

TIME TO GET RID on 18:36 - Jul 30 with 2140 viewsFireboy2

TIME TO GET RID on 18:29 - Jul 30 by Catullus

Maybe I missee something but why did he drop Cabango to the bench and play Naughton? WHat did Cabango do wrong, or was he not 100%?

Otherwise we played into Brentfords hands a bit, we were to open. The keeper threw the ball out and we had no cover. Shouldn't we have been keeping it tight, or did Cooper think he'd catch them by surprise?

Biggest mistake cooper made all season.

Cabango has been immense and deserved his place night night.

Tell you what we might not have conceded 2 of the 3 goals if he had been playing.
TIME TO GET RID on 18:36 - Jul 30 with 2134 viewsswan65split

TIME TO GET RID on 18:29 - Jul 30 by Catullus

Carrying a hernia supposedly,
TIME TO GET RID on 19:03 - Jul 30 with 2117 viewsNortbankboy

TIME TO GET RID on 11:53 - Jul 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Do what?

No I said he finish 6 th in the championship.
One of the highest position we have finished in our history.

I've been supporting the team since Roy Bentley days.
If you think this season was poor,you have not been supporting the club long enough
TIME TO GET RID on 20:46 - Jul 30 with 2048 viewsonehunglow

There's poor,disappoining and gutting.
This year is disappointing,mainly because the manager you idolise has single handedly lost us games we should have won.

We have been utter dros for many games.The little run at the end and the Forest fiasco was a little sweetener ;no more.

With better tactics,more guile and inspiration we could have done Brentford over the 2 legs.

Will Steve learn?

TIME TO GET RID on 20:59 - Jul 30 with 2039 viewsCatullus

TIME TO GET RID on 20:46 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

There's poor,disappoining and gutting.
This year is disappointing,mainly because the manager you idolise has single handedly lost us games we should have won.

We have been utter dros for many games.The little run at the end and the Forest fiasco was a little sweetener ;no more.

With better tactics,more guile and inspiration we could have done Brentford over the 2 legs.

Will Steve learn?

Not that I want to be bashing Cooper too much but lets face it, the formation change was forced on him. It was the formation change that brought success. Until then we were drifting away.
If the change had been made sooner who knows what might have happened? BUT, if Cooper had been open to change would he have chosen this formation? We'll never know but I doubt it.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

TIME TO GET RID on 22:17 - Jul 30 with 1982 viewsswancity

TIME TO GET RID on 20:59 - Jul 30 by Catullus

Not that I want to be bashing Cooper too much but lets face it, the formation change was forced on him. It was the formation change that brought success. Until then we were drifting away.
If the change had been made sooner who knows what might have happened? BUT, if Cooper had been open to change would he have chosen this formation? We'll never know but I doubt it.

In which way was the change in formation forced on us ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

TIME TO GET RID on 07:30 - Jul 31 with 1884 viewsonehunglow

Injuries

TIME TO GET RID on 09:09 - Jul 31 with 1839 viewsswancity

TIME TO GET RID on 07:30 - Jul 31 by onehunglow

Injuries

I don’t understand. In what way did injuries affect things?

TIME TO GET RID on 09:16 - Jul 31 with 1838 viewsdeepdale81

100 yr history

Its worth pointing out our away record was great.
Its the home record that let us down ,we lost eight which is high for a team that finished 7th.
I think the manager has done quite well ,given all things considered .
I do think at Home though we need to start quicker.Seems we take a while to get going.
Look forward to next season now ,hope we get some new signings that will give us more options going forward.
TIME TO GET RID on 10:42 - Jul 31 with 1797 viewsswancity

TIME TO GET RID on 09:16 - Jul 31 by deepdale81

Its worth pointing out our away record was great.
Its the home record that let us down ,we lost eight which is high for a team that finished 7th.
I think the manager has done quite well ,given all things considered .
I do think at Home though we need to start quicker.Seems we take a while to get going.
Look forward to next season now ,hope we get some new signings that will give us more options going forward.

Good point. One of the best seasons in the history of the Club in terms of the away record of only 4 defeats from 23 games. That’s exceptional by any standards and deserves praise.

It’s fair to say that the team exceeded expectations last season to finish in 6th. 👏👏👏

TIME TO GET RID on 12:31 - Jul 31 with 1749 viewsCatullus

TIME TO GET RID on 09:09 - Jul 31 by swancity

I don’t understand. In what way did injuries affect things?

We didn't have enough defenders, he was forced to go to a back 3 that included 2 full backs and it soon became obvious the formation worked so we stuck with it. Until then he was adamant we'd stick with the 4231.

Only having one fit centre back forced his hand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024