Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Silverstein 19:10 - Aug 7 with 15534 viewsTreforys_Jack

So another shareholder, good news or not ?
Jake Silverstein on 11:11 - Aug 8 with 2368 viewsBadlands

Jake Silverstein on 10:39 - Aug 8 by SWANSEYE

I wonder how much they have invested on us? 🙄. " Our investment interest covers virtually all sectors and has no geographic boundaries. Our preferred equity investment is in the range of $2,500,000 to $25,000,000. However, we are receptive to both larger and smaller opportunities if we find something of particular interest to us. "

The group aren't buying in it's just Jake Silverstein.
The background on Stormlight, his family's work and his suggests he's no fly-by-night.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Jake Silverstein on 12:28 - Aug 8 with 2310 viewsjasper_T

Jake Silverstein on 10:51 - Aug 8 by AndyCole

Welcome news to the manager and Recruitment team scouring the lower leagues, could get a raft of Michus and Celinas And Rangels

Scratching my head at how you put Celina in with those two.
Jake Silverstein on 12:36 - Aug 8 with 2304 viewsswan65split

Jake Silverstein on 09:46 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

Previous short-term cashflow loans from Levein and Kaplan have supposedly been at bank-like rates (with banks less keen to lend us money than they were in the PL) but loans intended to be converted to equity instead of being repaid, who knows. Some ownership loans are supplied interest free. Vincent Tan's been converting Cardiff's massive debts to equity over the years, writing some off and waiving interest payments.

The last thing we want is to see the club get caught up in mounting debt and interest payments, like so many EFL clubs. Which is why further investment into club coffers ought to be welcome by the people who continually bash the owners for not putting money in. But when the point is to bash everything looks like a stick.

Just in time headlines huh? Might give some interest to Season ticket sales at this "unpredictable" time.
Jake Silverstein on 12:47 - Aug 8 with 2290 viewsjasper_T

Jake Silverstein on 12:36 - Aug 8 by swan65split

Just in time headlines huh? Might give some interest to Season ticket sales at this "unpredictable" time.

It's not like anything would have been sorted before we'd fallen short in the playoffs, was it. You don't taken on a new investor and promise them shares when you could still potentially become a PL club again.

But yeah I'm sure they've spent a few million quid to interest a few dozen people in season tickets.
Jake Silverstein on 13:00 - Aug 8 with 2277 viewsswan65split

Jake Silverstein on 12:47 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

It's not like anything would have been sorted before we'd fallen short in the playoffs, was it. You don't taken on a new investor and promise them shares when you could still potentially become a PL club again.

But yeah I'm sure they've spent a few million quid to interest a few dozen people in season tickets.

and "invest" in "unknown" times, when times ahead look difficult if not terminal for some clubs!
Jake Silverstein on 13:22 - Aug 8 with 2254 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein on 05:40 - Aug 8 by BillyChong

I’ll bet you £1300 that this guy won’t invest a penny on the playing side of things

A spendid piece of unconvincing goal post moving. This board has has persistently stated over 3 years that the US owners would not invest a bean because they are "hedge fund asset strippers". Silverstein could not invest in the playing staff even if he wanted to. Mr Birch signs the cheques. This investment however small (it could be as little as £2m) suggests the owners are not considering bailing out. The Trust could feasibly find 21% of £2m which is £420,000. They had £800,000 pre sale.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jake Silverstein on 14:50 - Aug 8 with 2201 viewstheloneranger

Jake Silverstein on 20:57 - Aug 7 by WarwickHunt

Could be a Shel company.

Sylvia’s mother was unavailable for comment.

Perhaps he should have asked Mrs Avery.

There again there's a boy named Sue who knows everything about Silverstein. 😎

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Jake Silverstein on 15:04 - Aug 8 with 2188 viewsBadlands

Jake Silverstein on 12:47 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

Discussion to get him onboard were going on for months.

Login to get fewer ads

Jake Silverstein on 20:54 - Aug 8 with 2021 viewsbuilthjack

Moneylender. That's all he is. Another piece of scum.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jake Silverstein on 21:27 - Aug 8 with 2010 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein on 11:11 - Aug 8 by Badlands

The group aren't buying in it's just Jake Silverstein.
The background on Stormlight, his family's work and his suggests he's no fly-by-night.

I think you are wrong there Badlands. They said they would match fund to maintain their holding. I have had a little dabble on the calculator and come up with this fag packet example. This assumes Mr Silverstein will invest at the lower end of his range £2.5m for approximately 5% holding and a current club valuation of £40m with the Welsh investors not contributing.

By my sums the investment will bring in approximatelty £9-10m taking the value of the club from £40m to perhaps £49.4m with Silverstein finding £2.5m and the existing US group £6.9m. This will see the final holding roughly as follows.
Main US group 70%
New US group 5%
Trust 17% (-4%)
Others 8% (-2%)
The minor shareholders are of course welcome to share the investment burden in which case the new investors holding will drop and the existing US investors will have to pay a bit more. The Trust in this case would need to find £2m from somewhere.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 13:51]

Jake Silverstein on 14:53 - Aug 9 with 1801 viewsBadlands

Jake Silverstein on 21:27 - Aug 8 by ReslovenSwan1

I think you are wrong there Badlands. They said they would match fund to maintain their holding. I have had a little dabble on the calculator and come up with this fag packet example. This assumes Mr Silverstein will invest at the lower end of his range £2.5m for approximately 5% holding and a current club valuation of £40m with the Welsh investors not contributing.

By my sums the investment will bring in approximatelty £9-10m taking the value of the club from £40m to perhaps £49.4m with Silverstein finding £2.5m and the existing US group £6.9m. This will see the final holding roughly as follows.
Main US group 70%
New US group 5%
Trust 17% (-4%)
Others 8% (-2%)
The minor shareholders are of course welcome to share the investment burden in which case the new investors holding will drop and the existing US investors will have to pay a bit more. The Trust in this case would need to find £2m from somewhere.

Could be.
I read it as Silverstein was putting in an unspecified loan which the current consortium in the US would match. But what you have written makes more sense and would fit in with Stormlight's declared funding levels.
If Starmlight are getting involved I'd give that a thumbs up as it seems the groups it invests in and provides funds to are safe and very successful; not what many would want to hear, I know, but I'd rather we are a sustainable club with hands off owners than a plaything for moneybags with no connection or an amateur set up worth £thousands rather than millions.
I can't see this loan / share extension bringing in vast amounts of money. Maybe the Trust would consider selling their shares to new investors rather than continue with the protracted pursuit of a tribunal. (Selling Trust shares has been mentioned several times by others.)

Jake Silverstein on 15:28 - Aug 9 with 1773 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Jake Silverstein on 10:55 - Aug 8 by AndyCole

Don’t be slaggin off other posters who make decent points when all you Do is make stupid points

It is what he does.
Jake Silverstein on 15:38 - Aug 9 with 1763 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Trusts strategy is not clear and certainly not consistent. At one time they wanted to have more influence in running the club and increase their holding to 25% with no money and members unwilling to contribute significant funds. The first plan of asking the Americans for a gift of 4% did not work. The other objective was holding cash as a "rainy day fund" and investing at the bottom as with 2002. This might have worked only if the fund was invested on global markets which may not be possible under the terms of the Trust rules. The stay in the PL could never have lasted more than another 3-4 season maximum.

For both objectives the only sensible option was selling up 2013-2016. This meant putting themselves up for sale and keeping only a 5% stake. In that case they would only need to invest £1m for every £20m invested by the US people. Had they wanted to get to 25% they would be gradually increasing their stake like Mr Silverstein as their cash mountain grew from other investments. Not selling was catastrophic for the organisation but from what I have read was strongly resisted by many members.

Jake Silverstein on 16:20 - Aug 9 with 1733 viewsJack59

I remember him from TV in the late 50's when he used to play 'Tonto' in 'The Lone Ranger'
In fairness, he never spoke with a forked tongue then.
Jake Silverstein on 16:38 - Aug 9 with 1718 viewsthornabyswan

Jake Silverstein on 20:54 - Aug 8 by builthjack

Moneylender. That's all he is. Another piece of scum.

So would you prefer if he just gave us some cash like a charity donation.

Invest or not they cant win.

Pretend jake is from Llandovery or Skewen all will be ok then.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 16:41]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Jake Silverstein on 19:03 - Aug 9 with 1648 viewslondonlisa2001

Jake Silverstein on 21:27 - Aug 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Main US group 70%
New US group 5%
Trust 17% (-4%)
Others 8% (-2%)

“ They said they would match fund to maintain their holding.”

Not in any article I’ve seen they don’t.

The rest of your post is just made up.
Jake Silverstein on 19:39 - Aug 9 with 1630 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein on 19:03 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

“ They said they would match fund to maintain their holding.”

Not in any article I’ve seen they don’t.

The rest of your post is just made up.

It was quoted in both BBC and Wales online articles. You must have missed it. 3rd para.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53700172

Possibly from briefings to journalists from a club source.

I suspect the numbers are not far off assuming Mr Silverstein wants to hold 5% with a maximum investment of £2.5m. It was presented as an fag packet example.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 19:44]

Jake Silverstein on 20:08 - Aug 9 with 1589 viewslondonlisa2001

Jake Silverstein on 19:39 - Aug 9 by ReslovenSwan1

It was quoted in both BBC and Wales online articles. You must have missed it. 3rd para.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53700172

Possibly from briefings to journalists from a club source.

I suspect the numbers are not far off assuming Mr Silverstein wants to hold 5% with a maximum investment of £2.5m. It was presented as an fag packet example.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 19:44]

Nope. It wasn’t. That’s why I mentioned it.

It says “ His investment has been matched with further funds from Kaplan and Levien.”.

That doesn’t say ‘funds to maintain current shareholding‘.

And what makes you think he wants either 5% or has a maximum investment of £2.5m?

People are just making up numbers and then others are discussing them as ‘fact’.
Jake Silverstein on 20:43 - Aug 9 with 1563 viewsBillyChong

Jake Silverstein on 09:37 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

The announcement makes it pretty clear that the money is going into the club so... maybe get the chequebook ready?

Don’t be so gullible
Jake Silverstein on 22:23 - Aug 9 with 1520 viewsLuther27

Jake Silverstein on 20:08 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

It says “ His investment has been matched with further funds from Kaplan and Levien.”.

And what makes you think he wants either 5% or has a maximum investment of £2.5m?

People are just making up numbers and then others are discussing them as ‘fact’.

So...what are the facts as you see them? What does it mean for the club in your view?
Jake Silverstein on 13:18 - Aug 10 with 1377 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein on 20:08 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

The BBC says this :

"The exact value of the investment is not clear, although it is thought Silverstein's place on the board means he is likely to have at least a 5% stake in the club." I think the US owners might have stipulated this earlier.

His place on the board also means it is not a loan on the same basis. I agree the interpretation of 'matching' the investment is not 100% clear. It could be matching in the sense of the exact financial value in £ or matching it in respect of their proportionality % holding.

Jake Silverstein on 13:47 - Aug 10 with 1364 viewsswancity

Can someone please clear up for me how the provision of a loan at an undisclosed interest rate can provide him with a seat on the Board ?

Many thanks

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Jake Silverstein on 15:31 - Aug 10 with 1317 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein on 13:47 - Aug 10 by swancity

Can someone please clear up for me how the provision of a loan at an undisclosed interest rate can provide him with a seat on the Board ?

Many thanks

The club probably plans to issue new shares but this takes time. Possibly 3-6 months. This is the cheapest way of investing normally. It is reported that Silverstein needs 5% to get on the board. This dilutes the other shareholders to accommodate him in percentage terms. They might plan to issue 20% new shares and Silverstein woud need to have 6% of the 120% to get 5% of the whole. If the other US owners buy the other 14% that maintains their 69% holding. The Trust and other shareholders would drops in percentage terms to around 17% for the Trust but stays at the same financial value. The loan is a temporry measures subject to the new share issue being completed. This day was always coming. Swansea city did not need outside investment in the glory days.

Jake Silverstein on 15:56 - Aug 10 with 1299 viewslondonlisa2001

Jake Silverstein on 15:31 - Aug 10 by ReslovenSwan1

The club probably plans to issue new shares but this takes time. Possibly 3-6 months. This is the cheapest way of investing normally. It is reported that Silverstein needs 5% to get on the board. This dilutes the other shareholders to accommodate him in percentage terms. They might plan to issue 20% new shares and Silverstein woud need to have 6% of the 120% to get 5% of the whole. If the other US owners buy the other 14% that maintains their 69% holding. The Trust and other shareholders would drops in percentage terms to around 17% for the Trust but stays at the same financial value. The loan is a temporry measures subject to the new share issue being completed. This day was always coming. Swansea city did not need outside investment in the glory days.

Again, that’s all just made up.

Feel free to speculate as much as you want, but please don’t pretend that what you’ve outlined has any basis in fact, as it simply doesn’t.

The % to get on the board is a complete red herring. The reality is that if someone says ‘I will loan x but want a seat in the board’ it’s within the gift of the majority shareholder to make that happen.

As an aside, issuing shares can be done in about 10 minutes. It needs a board minute, and a form to be filled in for companies house which can be done online. Where the ‘3 to 6 months’ comes from, who knows.
Jake Silverstein on 16:09 - Aug 10 with 1295 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein on 15:56 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

Again, that’s all just made up.

Feel free to speculate as much as you want, but please don’t pretend that what you’ve outlined has any basis in fact, as it simply doesn’t.

The % to get on the board is a complete red herring. The reality is that if someone says ‘I will loan x but want a seat in the board’ it’s within the gift of the majority shareholder to make that happen.

As an aside, issuing shares can be done in about 10 minutes. It needs a board minute, and a form to be filled in for companies house which can be done online. Where the ‘3 to 6 months’ comes from, who knows.

So what do you value the club at Lisa? £30m? 40m ? £50m? I envisage an independant valuation and a couple of meetings for explanation. Otherwise they would have just done it. Other shareholders will need consideration time for such a chunky investment. At no time have I suggest it is anything other than speculation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024