Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. 08:59 - Sep 2 with 4998 viewsSwans9

I hope we keep Conner but I think he could go as well.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 00:31 - Sep 6 with 1610 viewsReslovenSwan1

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 21:24 - Sep 5 by Garyjack

"I challenged the other poster to name 5 alternatives at £5m. He/she did not accept the challenge."
I did not accept the challenge if that's what you wish to call it, as there is no comparison to be made with any other player due to Ayew's contract position. Though i see that you've chosen to make the comparison yourself and failed spectacularly

I did not make a comparison at all. I pointed out the big number of premier league strikers flops who have cost a lot more than Ayew when taking into account huge transfer fees.

Ayew's wages are huge in the championship are only slightly above average in the Premier league being average for the whole Liecester city squad for example. I would not point out 5 players better value than Ayew at £5m with high wages because I do not know of any. All players of Ayew s quality would cost a lot more. Swansea played a blinder in 2016 with the £5m signing of Llorente who had done very little in the preceeding season and got 15 goals. Ayew could potentially do the same. I prefer arguement to childish imogies.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 10:35 - Sep 6 with 1564 viewsmajorraglan

I read last week that a Chinese tv rights holder for Premier League football had defaulted on a £120m instalment of a £500m contract, there was reference to Covid, games being cancelled but also the deterioration in the UK -China relationship, Huawei etc. If that is the case, unless the PL get a contract with a new supplier it could mean some real belt tightening and lower wages for players.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 19:49 - Sep 6 with 1509 viewsGaryjack

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 00:31 - Sep 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I did not make a comparison at all. I pointed out the big number of premier league strikers flops who have cost a lot more than Ayew when taking into account huge transfer fees.

Ayew's wages are huge in the championship are only slightly above average in the Premier league being average for the whole Liecester city squad for example. I would not point out 5 players better value than Ayew at £5m with high wages because I do not know of any. All players of Ayew s quality would cost a lot more. Swansea played a blinder in 2016 with the £5m signing of Llorente who had done very little in the preceeding season and got 15 goals. Ayew could potentially do the same. I prefer arguement to childish imogies.

Ollie Watkins wasn't it?
However, it matters not, Nobody wanted Ayew last year, and i doubt very much whether anyone will wish to shell out the money you are talking about after 1 good season in the Championship. And even if i were wrong and you were right, i'm pretty sure Ayew would decline, as he now has one eye on a final big day and leave on a free in the summer. Let's not forget, that's exactly what he did at Marseille after spending 8 years at the club from the age of 17, and pocketed a cool £7.5m from us as a signing on fee. Him and his agent are not stupid. ££££££'s
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 21:04 - Sep 6 with 1462 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 19:49 - Sep 6 by Garyjack

Ollie Watkins wasn't it?
However, it matters not, Nobody wanted Ayew last year, and i doubt very much whether anyone will wish to shell out the money you are talking about after 1 good season in the Championship. And even if i were wrong and you were right, i'm pretty sure Ayew would decline, as he now has one eye on a final big day and leave on a free in the summer. Let's not forget, that's exactly what he did at Marseille after spending 8 years at the club from the age of 17, and pocketed a cool £7.5m from us as a signing on fee. Him and his agent are not stupid. ££££££'s

Trying to decipher your post.

Should he stay, or should he go, now ?
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 21:23 - Sep 6 with 1453 viewsGaryjack

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 21:04 - Sep 6 by KarlHRummenigge

Trying to decipher your post.

Should he stay, or should he go, now ?

You're trying to decipher it?

For the record i'd let him go on a free if anyone wanted to take him, but unfortunately that ain't gonna happen until he's got his last £4m in wages from us.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 01:12 - Sep 7 with 1400 viewstheloneranger

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 19:49 - Sep 6 by Garyjack

Ollie Watkins wasn't it?

His agent , who is his dad, earned a fortune on that free from Marseilles, his transfers to West Ham and back .... Plus he earned a cool € 846,000 commission on Andre's loan move to Fenerbahce in 2018.

Talk about keeping it in the family!! 😇

https://ghanasoccernet.com/exclusive-agent-abedi-ayew-pele-earns-e-846000-as-com

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 11:35 - Sep 7 with 1353 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ollie Watkins wasn't it?

I disagree. We all know the Premier league is the only place to be. Once you drop out getting back in is not easy. The Ayews really cannot win.

Jordan downs tools and is sold for a knock down price. "Money grabber"

Andre grafts hard in the championship looking for a PL move. "Moneygrabber".

There are good reasons why players do not up sticks in january (familiy resons for example).

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 13:38 - Sep 7 with 1309 viewsCatullus

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 11:35 - Sep 7 by ReslovenSwan1

I disagree. We all know the Premier league is the only place to be. Once you drop out getting back in is not easy. The Ayews really cannot win.

There are good reasons why players do not up sticks in january (familiy resons for example).

A lot of people are disillusioned with the Premier league. These days my only concern is enjoying the football whichever division we are in. Our time in the EPL left me with a sour taste. Too much greed in a league set up to further enrich the top 6/7 clubs who then go on to demand bigger shares of any deals. Players who have bang average seasons and want a pay rise or they're off.

There are more important things to worry about.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 18:50 - Sep 7 with 1243 viewsGaryjack

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 11:35 - Sep 7 by ReslovenSwan1

I've certainly never referred to either as a money grabber, and i cannot recall anyone else doing likewise. i believe the club have certainly been criticised over the contract handling for both players for what it's worth.
Jordan was part of the panic fire sale, and we should have demanded more for a player who'd spent a season on loan at a club who then wanted to sign him. Andre was offered a contract at Swansea which he signed, and is quite entitled to see out. And at this stage i'm saying that's exactly what he will do.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 19:58 - Sep 7 with 1220 viewsReslovenSwan1

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 18:50 - Sep 7 by Garyjack

I've certainly never referred to either as a money grabber, and i cannot recall anyone else doing likewise. i believe the club have certainly been criticised over the contract handling for both players for what it's worth.
Jordan was part of the panic fire sale, and we should have demanded more for a player who'd spent a season on loan at a club who then wanted to sign him. Andre was offered a contract at Swansea which he signed, and is quite entitled to see out. And at this stage i'm saying that's exactly what he will do.

'Fire sale' is not the correct wording. it continues to be used suggesting something like 5p in the pound. Jordan was underpriced but part of that is that he has done very well.

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 20:45 - Sep 7 with 1200 viewsGaryjack

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 19:58 - Sep 7 by ReslovenSwan1

'Fire sale' is not the correct wording. it continues to be used suggesting something like 5p in the pound. Jordan was underpriced but part of that is that he has done very well.

Of course it's the correct wording. Although originally meant as a sale of damaged goods by fire, it has expanded to mean a variety of other meanings including "a sale of goods or assets at a very low price, typically when the seller is facing bankruptcy." as defined in the Oxford dictionary. Now, if trying to be pedantic is all you have left, kindly move along.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 20:46]
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 21:30 - Sep 7 with 1170 viewsReslovenSwan1

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 20:45 - Sep 7 by Garyjack

Of course it's the correct wording. Although originally meant as a sale of damaged goods by fire, it has expanded to mean a variety of other meanings including "a sale of goods or assets at a very low price, typically when the seller is facing bankruptcy." as defined in the Oxford dictionary. Now, if trying to be pedantic is all you have left, kindly move along.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 20:46]

Not moving along for your convenience. Mawson Fabianski Bartley were not fire damaged far from it. Bought for £6m sold for between £26m and £29m. Amat and Mesa discounted but not fire sale. Fernadnez and Ayew J half price sale but not fire damaged. Ayew has done well which makes it seem as a bad deal. Clucas 60% of buying price painfull I will give you that one. Very low price? What do you reckon maybe 30% of original value at your new definition?. That probably rules out Clucas out of the firesale definition 37%. Its the wrong definition of what Swansea did for sure. They may have even come out of it in the black and not even smelling slightly smokey. Its another forum urban myth that even affects Wales on line. It not being pedantic its denying a whopping porkie.

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 18:13 - Sep 8 with 1097 viewsGaryjack

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 21:30 - Sep 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Not moving along for your convenience. Mawson Fabianski Bartley were not fire damaged far from it. Bought for £6m sold for between £26m and £29m. Amat and Mesa discounted but not fire sale. Fernadnez and Ayew J half price sale but not fire damaged. Ayew has done well which makes it seem as a bad deal. Clucas 60% of buying price painfull I will give you that one. Very low price? What do you reckon maybe 30% of original value at your new definition?. That probably rules out Clucas out of the firesale definition 37%. Its the wrong definition of what Swansea did for sure. They may have even come out of it in the black and not even smelling slightly smokey. Its another forum urban myth that even affects Wales on line. It not being pedantic its denying a whopping porkie.

Dear god! Do i have to come from work to this! Look, it matters not what we got for any player, it was an everything must go sale which carried on to the following season, meaning i believe we could have got more for Ayew than we did as he'd had a good spell on loan there.
Now i entered into debate with you over Andre Ayew's worth and possible transfer, and i'm quite sure in my mind that i will be shown to be correct. If i'm not i will come back to this thread and give you a pat on the head. However, i have no desire what so ever to engage with you regarding every single player who has left the club since we were relegated.
So on that note, i'll kindly ask you to go and bore the ass off some other poor soul.
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 20:04 - Sep 8 with 1044 viewsFlashberryjack

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 18:13 - Sep 8 by Garyjack

Dear god! Do i have to come from work to this! Look, it matters not what we got for any player, it was an everything must go sale which carried on to the following season, meaning i believe we could have got more for Ayew than we did as he'd had a good spell on loan there.
Now i entered into debate with you over Andre Ayew's worth and possible transfer, and i'm quite sure in my mind that i will be shown to be correct. If i'm not i will come back to this thread and give you a pat on the head. However, i have no desire what so ever to engage with you regarding every single player who has left the club since we were relegated.
So on that note, i'll kindly ask you to go and bore the ass off some other poor soul.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 21:49 - Sep 8 with 1000 viewsReslovenSwan1

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 18:13 - Sep 8 by Garyjack

You may well be correct on Ayew. I think both Watkins and Callum Wilson will bomb in the Premier league with huge sale prices on their heads. I will challenge soft headed myths where I come across them and this will tend to irritate.

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 21:59 - Sep 8 with 989 viewsGaryjack

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 21:49 - Sep 8 by ReslovenSwan1

You may well be correct on Ayew. I think both Watkins and Callum Wilson will bomb in the Premier league with huge sale prices on their heads. I will challenge soft headed myths where I come across them and this will tend to irritate.

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 23:21 - Sep 8 with 943 viewsAndyCole

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 18:50 - Sep 7 by Garyjack

They're money grabbers, all of 'em. Most people are, even the pc-snowflakes (who pretend otherwise, yet rarely get the first round in, watch 'em).

Jordan was one of our best players. Most dull swans fans never appreciated him, wanted him out, glad to be free of him, at whatever price. You say we should have demanded more. No doubt you must have been one of the few who demanded this at the time of his sale. Hindsight eh.

Andre, as one of our very best players, is more than entitled to see out his contract. No doubt you recognised his contribution way back, witnessed him digging in and sang his praises in the East.

Let's hope with Celina's £3m we can retain Ayew to drive us forward.

"And at this stage i'm saying that's exactly what he will do". How about instead of stating the obvious, you proffer what you believe you would like to happen, instead of always berating intelligent posters, like the Nan you chose to link (spooky mind, cos that has to be you).

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 23:38 - Sep 8 with 937 viewsjasper_T

We did demand more for Jordan that's why we ended up having to accept way less than the original offer we got early in the summer from a different club (Fulham?)
Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 09:19 - Sep 9 with 861 viewsCatullus

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 23:21 - Sep 8 by AndyCole

They're money grabbers, all of 'em. Most people are, even the pc-snowflakes (who pretend otherwise, yet rarely get the first round in, watch 'em).

Jordan was one of our best players. Most dull swans fans never appreciated him, wanted him out, glad to be free of him, at whatever price. You say we should have demanded more. No doubt you must have been one of the few who demanded this at the time of his sale. Hindsight eh.

Andre, as one of our very best players, is more than entitled to see out his contract. No doubt you recognised his contribution way back, witnessed him digging in and sang his praises in the East.

"And at this stage i'm saying that's exactly what he will do". How about instead of stating the obvious, you proffer what you believe you would like to happen, instead of always berating intelligent posters, like the Nan you chose to link (spooky mind, cos that has to be you).

Didn't we turn down an 8 million offer for Jordan but then ended up accepting much less? Around 2.5 million wasn't it? I'm prbably wrong but weren't we demanding around 15 million when we turmned down the 8? Was that a Jenkins decision?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 19:24 - Sep 9 with 777 viewsGaryjack

Still trying to reduce the wage bill I think Ayew will go. on 23:21 - Sep 8 by AndyCole

"How about instead of stating the obvious, you proffer what you believe you would like to happen."
I already have in another post on this thread. Try paying attention. Now then please do not engage me further in serious debate regarding Swansea City when you have the username Andy fvckin Cole you moron.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024