Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hideously under-reported 23:50 - Sep 15 with 7560 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trumps peace deal he has brokered between Israel, UAE and Bahrain is absolutely historic.

Rumours circulating that Saudi Arabia will soon follow suit which will be truly jaw dropping. Trump has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, I can’t think of too many that deserve it more.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Hideously under-reported on 09:11 - Sep 16 with 816 viewsCatullus

The Pro Trump camp singing his praises, the anti Trump camp talking it down, no surprises. Personally I am critical of Trump and maybe but isn't a peace agreement between these countries a good thing, generally speaking? Yes it's true his peace prize nomination was by a far right Norwegian politician,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54092960

but if he wins, surely it'll be on merit?

Maybe now Trump should try to find a way to bring peace to American streets, a way to stop rioting and looting that doesn't involve riot police. Maybe he should try talking more TO the protestors and less AT them. maybe he should try to build bridges and open debate at home.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hideously under-reported on 09:15 - Sep 16 with 811 viewsonehunglow

That's a very fair pot Cat.

As you know,Im both right and left wing and have equal contempt for all politicians.

Trump's problem is his arrogance but looking at Biden,again USA has Hobson's Choice. Great country is social and political abyss. Ive a nephew resident in Florida though and he's till happy living in Miami so it aint all bad.

Regarding the title ,yes it is.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hideously under-reported on 09:15 - Sep 16 with 811 viewsNortbankboy

Hideously under-reported on 09:00 - Sep 16 by onehunglow

Iran,that well know bastion of Freedom and Tolerance and Trust.

Everyone should "gang" up on them.

I d rather they,in an ideal world,be wiped from the face of the earth

A bit like our great allies Saudi then
Hideously under-reported on 09:52 - Sep 16 with 803 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 09:11 - Sep 16 by Catullus

The Pro Trump camp singing his praises, the anti Trump camp talking it down, no surprises. Personally I am critical of Trump and maybe but isn't a peace agreement between these countries a good thing, generally speaking? Yes it's true his peace prize nomination was by a far right Norwegian politician,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54092960

but if he wins, surely it'll be on merit?

Maybe now Trump should try to find a way to bring peace to American streets, a way to stop rioting and looting that doesn't involve riot police. Maybe he should try talking more TO the protestors and less AT them. maybe he should try to build bridges and open debate at home.

What do you mean regarding talking to the rioters? There is no talking to them, clearly. Discussion isn’t what they desire.

What would you want him to say to them exactly?

Nobody can blame the unrest on American streets on Trump although they try their best to, he has shown remarkable restraint in the face of widespread democratic funded riots designed to destabilise the country.

Most countries would have deployed the National Guard.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 9:56]

Hideously under-reported on 09:57 - Sep 16 with 796 viewsDr_Parnassus

anyone familiar with the Babylon Bee?

It’s a satire account that essentially mocks left wing media outlets by making outrageous headlines and fake articles. This one they mocked what the media (specifically CNN) reaction would be to the peace agreement by focussing on them shaking hands during a pandemic, it’s took 15 mins to become a reality.

People really are in melt down over this. Hilarious.

[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 10:01]

Hideously under-reported on 09:58 - Sep 16 with 795 viewsNeath_Jack

Hideously under-reported on 09:00 - Sep 16 by onehunglow

Iran,that well know bastion of Freedom and Tolerance and Trust.

Everyone should "gang" up on them.

I d rather they,in an ideal world,be wiped from the face of the earth

Tolerance and trust eh?

Two words definitely not associated with the UK anymore.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Hideously under-reported on 10:02 - Sep 16 with 790 viewsCatullus

Hideously under-reported on 09:52 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

What do you mean regarding talking to the rioters? There is no talking to them, clearly. Discussion isn’t what they desire.

Nobody can blame the unrest on American streets on Trump although they try their best to, he has shown remarkable restraint in the face of widespread democratic funded riots designed to destabilise the country.

I mean exactly what I said, tak to them. Get them into a debate/discussion/discourse. Talk about their demands and what can be done.

Maybe, just maybe (and bearing in mind I feel mostly the same as you about BLM) if he gives them enough rope they will hang themselves?

Whichever way it goes, isn't it worth trying something besides violence? Surely BLM will want to talk about their aims and desires? If they refuse to talk it's yet more evidence against them.
Every time a BLM protest goes South more innocent people suffer, more looting, more killing, more rioting. It's Trumps job to sort it out

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hideously under-reported on 10:04 - Sep 16 with 787 viewsProfessor

Hideously under-reported on 09:52 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Like the Wisconsin governor did calling in the National Guard in Kenosha on August 24th?

I thought you liked facts.
Login to get fewer ads

Hideously under-reported on 10:26 - Sep 16 with 776 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 10:04 - Sep 16 by Professor

Like the Wisconsin governor did calling in the National Guard in Kenosha on August 24th?

I thought you liked facts.

I love facts, which part of what I said is not factual?

Maybe you are as upset as the rest over this which has led you to lash out without prior thought?

Hideously under-reported on 10:32 - Sep 16 with 771 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 10:02 - Sep 16 by Catullus

I mean exactly what I said, tak to them. Get them into a debate/discussion/discourse. Talk about their demands and what can be done.

Maybe, just maybe (and bearing in mind I feel mostly the same as you about BLM) if he gives them enough rope they will hang themselves?

Whichever way it goes, isn't it worth trying something besides violence? Surely BLM will want to talk about their aims and desires? If they refuse to talk it's yet more evidence against them.
Every time a BLM protest goes South more innocent people suffer, more looting, more killing, more rioting. It's Trumps job to sort it out

Again, they do not debate. You have seen on this forum alone people who hold those views cannot debate them because they are based on utter nonsense. They demanded police reform - he signed it. That did not placate them.

No Government should ever negotiate with terrorists, they wouldn’t negotiate with ISIS or the KKK so I’m dumbfounded that you think he should be bending over backwards to meet their ridiculous demands in order for them to stop committing domestic terrorism. I would lose a lot of respect for him if he pandered to these criminals.

This is absolutely nothing to do with Trump to sort. It’s for the Democratic governors in their states to sort out, as the Governor in Kenosha did as Professor kindly, yet misguidedly pointed out.

Hideously under-reported on 10:35 - Sep 16 with 770 viewsProfessor

Hideously under-reported on 10:26 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

I love facts, which part of what I said is not factual?

Maybe you are as upset as the rest over this which has led you to lash out without prior thought?

"Most countries would have deployed the National Guard"

Which is in fact the case, though admittedly not in Oregon.

Not upset at all. Any peace deal is a good thing, though more driven by a mutual enemy than any love for another. The middle east is not really a bastion of tolerance and freedom though.
Hideously under-reported on 10:36 - Sep 16 with 768 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 10:35 - Sep 16 by Professor

"Most countries would have deployed the National Guard"

Which is in fact the case, though admittedly not in Oregon.

Not upset at all. Any peace deal is a good thing, though more driven by a mutual enemy than any love for another. The middle east is not really a bastion of tolerance and freedom though.

America hasn’t deployed the National Guard. It was deployed in a State by a State Governor.

Hideously under-reported on 11:11 - Sep 16 with 749 viewsProfessor

Hideously under-reported on 10:36 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

America hasn’t deployed the National Guard. It was deployed in a State by a State Governor.

Which is the correct procedure. So now you say it's not up to Trump? Very contradictory if you are asking the President to sent in the National Guard when not his place.

So I am sure you will join my (and others here) condemnation of any violence in the name of BLM (though remember over 93% of BLM protests were completely peaceful) with condemnation of terrorists acting against the wishes of the local population by coming from outside areas and being on the streets after curfews with assault rifles or driving spraying mace/pepper spray and shooting paintballs at people. That can be construed as terrorism too.
Hideously under-reported on 11:18 - Sep 16 with 744 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 11:11 - Sep 16 by Professor

Which is the correct procedure. So now you say it's not up to Trump? Very contradictory if you are asking the President to sent in the National Guard when not his place.

So I am sure you will join my (and others here) condemnation of any violence in the name of BLM (though remember over 93% of BLM protests were completely peaceful) with condemnation of terrorists acting against the wishes of the local population by coming from outside areas and being on the streets after curfews with assault rifles or driving spraying mace/pepper spray and shooting paintballs at people. That can be construed as terrorism too.

I haven’t criticised the procedure.

The President can enforce the National Guard in any State he wishes, he has not used his presidential power to do this once. Given the widespread nature of the riots it was certainly a possibility and threatened it several times however showed remarkable restraint not to and allow the Governors to handle it, even though many were clearly not up to it with Governor of Portland even describing an armed mob taking over a part of the City as the “summer of love”.

I am against all forms of BLM, not just the violent side. They are a horrific domestic terrorist organisation complete with their own mandate and demands, the founders of the organisation have even referred to Caucasians as a sub species and a defect in the human evolutionary chain. They are deep rooted in racism, violence and black supremacy.

I would imagine a similarly large percentage of KKK demonstrations have been peaceful too right? Does that make them acceptable?

I, and most other sane individuals, fully support anyone from any State protecting people, homes and businesses from these criminals.... as I would hope you would too?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 11:27]

Hideously under-reported on 11:28 - Sep 16 with 727 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Hideously under-reported on 10:02 - Sep 16 by Catullus

I can't believe you actually wrote this
"if he gives them enough rope they will hang themselves? "

You mean to say that we actually need any more examples
Defund the police.
Bring down capitolism
Death to America
Kill the pigs
Give us your houses you spent your life paying for
To name just the worst.
If you need any more than that lot you need to seek medical help.
Hideously under-reported on 11:30 - Sep 16 with 724 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 11:28 - Sep 16 by A_Fans_Dad

I can't believe you actually wrote this
"if he gives them enough rope they will hang themselves? "

You mean to say that we actually need any more examples
Defund the police.
Bring down capitolism
Death to America
Kill the pigs
Give us your houses you spent your life paying for
To name just the worst.
If you need any more than that lot you need to seek medical help.

Indeed, these people don’t want solutions, they are anarchists. Their sole mission is to destabilise the country and try and force people into voting democrat.

They cannot be placated, that was evident after the police reform bill. You do not negotiate with people that bomb the counties police force and murder its citizens, you just don’t.

Hideously under-reported on 11:32 - Sep 16 with 723 viewsProfessor

Hideously under-reported on 11:18 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

I haven’t criticised the procedure.

The President can enforce the National Guard in any State he wishes, he has not used his presidential power to do this once. Given the widespread nature of the riots it was certainly a possibility and threatened it several times however showed remarkable restraint not to and allow the Governors to handle it, even though many were clearly not up to it with Governor of Portland even describing an armed mob taking over a part of the City as the “summer of love”.

I am against all forms of BLM, not just the violent side. They are a horrific domestic terrorist organisation complete with their own mandate and demands, the founders of the organisation have even referred to Caucasians as a sub species and a defect in the human evolutionary chain. They are deep rooted in racism, violence and black supremacy.

I would imagine a similarly large percentage of KKK demonstrations have been peaceful too right? Does that make them acceptable?

I, and most other sane individuals, fully support anyone from any State protecting people, homes and businesses from these criminals.... as I would hope you would too?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 11:27]

He threatened to use it in Wisconsin AFTER the governor. All grandstanding.

As you may have noticed I have never supported BLM matter as an organisation, and to a degree I agree people have been taken in. However, that notwithstanding there is a clear need still to remove institutional racism which is prevalent in many areas of British society. The idea of equality and opportunity for all should be paramount, though is clearly not as I can tell you coming from the South Wales Valleys is also an disadvantage over being brought up in Surrey.

My experience of the US (Boston, SF, NY state, Georgia and Louisiana) shows this is prevalent too- including in 'liberal' cities. Partly race and partly poverty which are interlinked. As you have already said SE Asians in the US have a high educational achievement AND a high median income-something which has been shown to be linked.

So let's end on a positive. As divisive as Trump is at home, he has managed to help broker a number of positive deals and even had a good go at Korea. This may be his legacy.
Hideously under-reported on 11:37 - Sep 16 with 718 viewsProfessor

Hideously under-reported on 11:30 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed, these people don’t want solutions, they are anarchists. Their sole mission is to destabilise the country and try and force people into voting democrat.

They cannot be placated, that was evident after the police reform bill. You do not negotiate with people that bomb the counties police force and murder its citizens, you just don’t.

Surely if they are anarchists they won't want a democrat government either?

Anarchy=absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal
Hideously under-reported on 11:45 - Sep 16 with 708 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 11:32 - Sep 16 by Professor

He threatened to use it in Wisconsin AFTER the governor. All grandstanding.

As you may have noticed I have never supported BLM matter as an organisation, and to a degree I agree people have been taken in. However, that notwithstanding there is a clear need still to remove institutional racism which is prevalent in many areas of British society. The idea of equality and opportunity for all should be paramount, though is clearly not as I can tell you coming from the South Wales Valleys is also an disadvantage over being brought up in Surrey.

My experience of the US (Boston, SF, NY state, Georgia and Louisiana) shows this is prevalent too- including in 'liberal' cities. Partly race and partly poverty which are interlinked. As you have already said SE Asians in the US have a high educational achievement AND a high median income-something which has been shown to be linked.

So let's end on a positive. As divisive as Trump is at home, he has managed to help broker a number of positive deals and even had a good go at Korea. This may be his legacy.

I’m not sure what point you are making. He has the power to use the National Guard and he hasn’t, this is a fact. I have no idea why we are stuck on this point.

There isn’t institutional racism. There is not one law that exists in America that affords any benefit to one race over another. Not one. There is extreme cultural issues in the African American community which is holding them back, much of which may well stem from institutional racism pre Jim Crow. But it’s down to them to break the cycle now with good parenting, education and stronger family units.

If there was institutional racism in America the richest group would not be Asian, the richest sub-group would not be Indian and black immigrants wouldn’t be performing they way they do in every single facet of life, their skin colour doesn’t seem to be a problem for them. It’s mindset and you will hear this from black voices everywhere - there is a lack of focus on education, the highest single parenthood rate of any race and false ceilings put into the minds of black Americans from the likes of the Democrat Party and BLM who create a false narrative that the country is keeping them down.

If BLM really cared about black lives then why aren’t they protesting and fixing the black crime rate? Of which 90%+ of those victims are black people? Why do they only seem to care when a white police man kills an unarmed black person (something not to dissimilar as the chances of being killed by lightning). It’s political, not racial and due to the way they have named their organisation people are terrified of speaking out.

They are vile which is why absolutely nobody can explain why they support them without storming off, shuttling down the discussion or refusing it altogether.

If you make good choices in life then there is absolutely nothing stopping anyone succeeding in America regardless of race, sexuality or gender. Nothing. Under the Trump administration it has been the lowest female unemployment in 65 years, lowest black unemployment in history, lowest overall unemployment in history and highest family median income ever recorded - I don’t think that’s disruptive.

But yes we agree, the peace deal is fantastic and should be the front piece of every news channel for days.... reckon it will be though?

Hideously under-reported on 11:46 - Sep 16 with 707 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Hideously under-reported on 11:11 - Sep 16 by Professor

" (though remember over 93% of BLM protests were completely peaceful)"
You actually believe that statistic?
Hideously under-reported on 11:49 - Sep 16 with 700 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 11:37 - Sep 16 by Professor

Anarchy=absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal

They are anarchists being used as political pawns to force people to vote Democrat.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 11:58]

Hideously under-reported on 11:52 - Sep 16 with 698 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Hideously under-reported on 11:37 - Sep 16 by Professor

"Surely if they are anarchists they won't want a democrat government either? "
They are Marxists first and anarchists second to get the marxism they want.
Why don't you get that?

The Democrats have moved ever closer to Marxism, especially younger ones who make no pretense of hiding it.
But they are also employing anarchists, terrorists, killers and thugs to generate the current situation.
Which is backfiring massively.
Hideously under-reported on 11:56 - Sep 16 with 693 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hideously under-reported on 11:46 - Sep 16 by A_Fans_Dad

It actually is true, I let it slide but I remember laughing out loud when I saw the study a week or so back.

It was designed by a leftist University (aren’t they all now?) to show how peaceful the “protests” have been, except it backfired and had to face the fact that there was 570 violent riots in 220 seperate locations spread all across the country. Horrific.

But as I said, no doubt the KKK demonstrations would also rival that number in how many are non violent. In fact it would probably be far less than 7% violent. Doesn’t make them any more acceptable.

Hideously under-reported on 12:00 - Sep 16 with 690 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Hideously under-reported on 11:56 - Sep 16 by Dr_Parnassus

It actually is true, I let it slide but I remember laughing out loud when I saw the study a week or so back.

It was designed by a leftist University (aren’t they all now?) to show how peaceful the “protests” have been, except it backfired and had to face the fact that there was 570 violent riots in 220 seperate locations spread all across the country. Horrific.

But as I said, no doubt the KKK demonstrations would also rival that number in how many are non violent. In fact it would probably be far less than 7% violent. Doesn’t make them any more acceptable.

I would love to see the data for that study, do you have a link?
If they had said 93% of protesters were peaceful I would have believed them.
I would even say 99.9% were peaceful, but it is meaningless.
There have been very few peaceful protests over the last few months.
Hideously under-reported on 12:01 - Sep 16 with 690 viewsProfessor

Hideously under-reported on 11:46 - Sep 16 by A_Fans_Dad

It's an independent statistic from ACLED who receive State Department, Dutch and German government funding. Not from a newspaper or political organisation. Looks a very reliable source without bias.

Of course peaceful protests are not reported much either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024