Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long is this going on for. 10:18 - Oct 21 with 2509 viewsonehunglow

Last night we saw two former proud clubs play a game of football that was painful to watch.I felt for the commentator who had nothing really to comment over apart from the histrionic of Ayew.

We are clueless,lack passion and have lost our way. Nothing to do with international breaks.

3 days after the Hudds game,Stev was saying he wanted us to get back to beng ourselves.We were. We are a mirror image of Steve in every way.

A game playing a side who have problems with scoring a goal and we take off a centre forward -again. He aint great for sure but it seems ,like Lowe,he is going to be fooked about.

No mas

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

How long is this going on for. on 10:26 - Oct 21 with 1794 viewsCatullus

Ayews histrionics do annoy me. Coopers subs do annoy me. Otherwise I don't think it's as bad as all that.
Why are we "former" proud clubs? We both needed a Keith Houchen or Bob Latchford last night admittedly but we are in strange times and the effects are everywhere.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How long is this going on for. on 10:42 - Oct 21 with 1770 viewsonehunglow

Morning Cat.

Because in our case the way we play the game.Looking at the way we do now is sickening-to me anyway. How can we be proud of our team when we watch that drivel . How can we be proud when our new chairman sells our greatest asset ,Rodon, as a "bargain buy" to a team like Spurs. Commentators like Rob Palmer have picked up on that. It was shameful.

Coventry have a proud history and yet through mismanagement and corruption now do not even have a home ground and are basically travellers. Their fan deserve better as do we.

And it I as bad as that. I see a bad moon arising.

Every times Grimes passes the ball sideways to an opponent spins my head. Sorry.

How long is this going on for. on 10:49 - Oct 21 with 1759 viewsChief

Some perspective needed.

We've only lost once this season (reached play offs last season) with a lot of new players still bedding in.

There's obvious deficiencies and worries to comment on but words like 'disgraceful', 'sickening'. Come on mun.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How long is this going on for. on 10:51 - Oct 21 with 1759 views34dfgdf54

Grimes getting a bit of stick unfairly imo. He obviously made the mistake for the goal but he was the only one who tried getting on the ball yesterday imo.

Don't get me wrong mind his set pieces are absolutely shocking.
How long is this going on for. on 11:09 - Oct 21 with 1727 viewsMartinSwan

How long is this going on for. on 10:51 - Oct 21 by 34dfgdf54

Grimes getting a bit of stick unfairly imo. He obviously made the mistake for the goal but he was the only one who tried getting on the ball yesterday imo.

Don't get me wrong mind his set pieces are absolutely shocking.

Actually Matt's free kicks and corners are very good, as long as the intention is to cross the ball. His direct free kicks are poor, as he is trying to beat the keeper by curling the ball, instead of putting power through the ball and letting that make the ball move slightly unpredictably.

Generally we dont have many players who have a really good shot on them. George Byers is the best imo. Borini would be a good additional in that regard.

That all said Matt was very poor yesterday and he hasnt played particularly well so far this season. He is often taking the ball facing our goal, or his first move is to turn back facing our goal.

His passing certainly isnt up his own standard but where is the movement for close short quick passes? everyone is fairly statis and often too far away.
How long is this going on for. on 11:10 - Oct 21 with 1726 viewsonehunglow

Hi Risca.
#Disagree. He is the cornerstone of this team sadly.An ever present.Incredibly.

He cannot tackle,pass (forget the stats) and his shooting is laughable. is set pieces too a joke.

He is ,for a captain,silent and the least inspirational imaginable.

How long is this going on for. on 11:13 - Oct 21 with 1722 viewsswancity

No crowds = No atmosphere = No excitement = A poor end product in terms of entertainment

To explain : Liverpool 4 Leeds 3. That game at a full Anfield would have been talked about for years whereas it appeared nothing more than a pre season kick about. A strange time indeed.

Back to Swansea: in view of the state of the Club, our current team and manager are doing a fine job. It’s about perspective and context and wider pictures as always.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

How long is this going on for. on 11:14 - Oct 21 with 1721 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I feel increasingly disconnected from football and I’m struggling to even get annoyed about the last two performances. I would have been fed up for much of the evening last Saturday if I’d been to the game. As it was I switched it off, shrugged, and got on with sorting something to eat and barely thought about it any more.

Cardboard cutout fans in empty, echoing, soulless stadiums and miserable, directionless football being served up to fans who are feeling increasingly remote from the game. It’s a far cry from the roar of the North Bank that I was introduced to and enthralled by over 50 years ago.

Can football survive much more of this?

Maybe I’d feel differently if we were flying at the top of the league and the football was exciting?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

How long is this going on for. on 11:35 - Oct 21 with 1697 viewsonehunglow

Its a mute point Joe.Feel the same way.
I fear for all sport as we cannot control this killer virus.

It's that simple.

We do not know how to handle it. It hammered us .Some are ignoring the ramifications although scum clubs like Liverpool and Manure are trying to squeeze out more money for them and their super chums even in these dire times.

I pray the they get their way and leave us alone.

Big 6? who or what decides that.Trophies,debt levels,profits,shirt sales or simple tradition. If so,Man City nowhere near the standing of say Everton or Villa,neither of whom would join the super big 6 largesse.

How long is this going on for. on 14:18 - Oct 21 with 1584 viewsCatullus

How long is this going on for. on 11:35 - Oct 21 by onehunglow

Its a mute point Joe.Feel the same way.
I fear for all sport as we cannot control this killer virus.

It's that simple.

We do not know how to handle it. It hammered us .Some are ignoring the ramifications although scum clubs like Liverpool and Manure are trying to squeeze out more money for them and their super chums even in these dire times.

I pray the they get their way and leave us alone.

Big 6? who or what decides that.Trophies,debt levels,profits,shirt sales or simple tradition. If so,Man City nowhere near the standing of say Everton or Villa,neither of whom would join the super big 6 largesse.

Money decides Richie as much as anything. Man City will be there because of their Oil Sheikh owner. Arsenal will be there despite not having won much for decades, same for Tottenham, big stadia, big fan bases.

To quote fro Jerry Maguire.."show me the money" because that's where it's at.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

How long is this going on for. on 14:34 - Oct 21 with 1566 viewsHighjack

Lowe and Ayew are good players but they are not at all comfortable with the roles they are trying to play, an all singing all dancing amalgamation of target man cum running in behind striker cum running the channels cum poacher.

This system has made us generally more solid and has improved the lot of Mr Bidwell, his sole job now is to do nothing but run and cross because that’s all he is good at but it’s at the detriment of our more attacking players who are played out of position and isolated.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

How long is this going on for. on 14:46 - Oct 21 with 1559 viewspencoedjack

How long is this going on for. on 11:14 - Oct 21 by Joe_bradshaw

I feel increasingly disconnected from football and I’m struggling to even get annoyed about the last two performances. I would have been fed up for much of the evening last Saturday if I’d been to the game. As it was I switched it off, shrugged, and got on with sorting something to eat and barely thought about it any more.

Cardboard cutout fans in empty, echoing, soulless stadiums and miserable, directionless football being served up to fans who are feeling increasingly remote from the game. It’s a far cry from the roar of the North Bank that I was introduced to and enthralled by over 50 years ago.

Maybe I’d feel differently if we were flying at the top of the league and the football was exciting?

Pretty much sums up how I feel.

Unfortunately I have been unable to turn either Saturday's or last night game off, I will give it one more go Saturday, if the same gash is served up I will find something else to do when the Swans are on the box.
How long is this going on for. on 14:56 - Oct 21 with 1552 viewsonehunglow

Yep,money WILL decide but let them not think they are the BIG clubs they think they are.They have more MONEY and that does not make you a big club necessarily.

PSG a big club?Myhairy arris they are. A nothing club prior to the filth lucre of a God forken backward cee pit country that just happen to be built on OIL.

There will be much debate in Turin ,Milan and Rome as to who are Biggest.

Frankly,the whole affair makes me want to vomit.

I used to have a lot of time for Liverpool before they became a brand and one for the d1ickwards from Cornwall to Carlisle to follow. Now this great club is no more than a football whore.

How long is this going on for. on 15:33 - Oct 21 with 1526 viewsReslovenSwan1

How long is this going on for. on 14:56 - Oct 21 by onehunglow

Yep,money WILL decide but let them not think they are the BIG clubs they think they are.They have more MONEY and that does not make you a big club necessarily.

PSG a big club?Myhairy arris they are. A nothing club prior to the filth lucre of a God forken backward cee pit country that just happen to be built on OIL.

There will be much debate in Turin ,Milan and Rome as to who are Biggest.

Frankly,the whole affair makes me want to vomit.

I used to have a lot of time for Liverpool before they became a brand and one for the d1ickwards from Cornwall to Carlisle to follow. Now this great club is no more than a football whore.

I prefer to call them Zaza Gabor clubs.

Wise sage since Toshack era

How long is this going on for. on 15:37 - Oct 21 with 1522 viewsonehunglow

Zsa Zsa Gabor big Fenencvaros fan.

How long is this going on for. on 16:12 - Oct 21 with 1492 viewsAndy1300

How long is this going on for. on 11:13 - Oct 21 by swancity

No crowds = No atmosphere = No excitement = A poor end product in terms of entertainment

To explain : Liverpool 4 Leeds 3. That game at a full Anfield would have been talked about for years whereas it appeared nothing more than a pre season kick about. A strange time indeed.

Back to Swansea: in view of the state of the Club, our current team and manager are doing a fine job. It’s about perspective and context and wider pictures as always.

It’s painful to watch and made more so with the lack of atmosphere.

I turned off after 10 minutes, can’t stand football these days.

Number 1 team in Wales

How long is this going on for. on 19:43 - Oct 21 with 1396 viewsBillyChong

How long is this going on for. on 11:14 - Oct 21 by Joe_bradshaw

Get the feeling. We’ve become increasingly soulless since the sellouts handed us over to the yanks, and started to become just another club. Lack of proper investment, constant sales of our better players. It felt as though we were already starting to become more distant from our once community club and Covid/being unable to go to a game for 6 months has compounded that.
How long is this going on for. on 19:56 - Oct 21 with 1384 viewsDr_Winston

This "lack of proper investment" thing is tedious.

Most of the problems we've faced since relegation are because we spent more than we could reasonably sustain in the long term. Would people prefer us to have spent more? To be up to our eyeballs in debt? To break FFP rules?

If the owners put more money in, would people prefer that as interest bearing debt or with the aim of converting to equity thus driving down the Trust shareholding and value? That's the only way it can happen without breaching FFP.

Why the f*ck are people still whinging about probably the only good thing the owners have done since taking over, namely trying to get the club running on a self sustaining and therefore viable in the long term basis?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 20:48]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

How long is this going on for. on 20:34 - Oct 21 with 1362 viewsonehunglow

The lack of proper investment is the reason why we are where we are .
It is the core reason of why we have attracted such mediocre players and unable to afford loan fees for good player that will move us forward.

In fact we have had zero investment of late

How long is this going on for. on 20:41 - Oct 21 with 1349 viewsDr_Winston

How long is this going on for. on 20:34 - Oct 21 by onehunglow

The lack of proper investment is the reason why we are where we are .
It is the core reason of why we have attracted such mediocre players and unable to afford loan fees for good player that will move us forward.

In fact we have had zero investment of late

Thank you for providing a perfect example of how not to think.

Appreciate it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

How long is this going on for. on 20:43 - Oct 21 with 1347 viewspencoedjack

How long is this going on for. on 19:56 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

This "lack of proper investment" thing is tedious.

Most of the problems we've faced since relegation are because we spent more than we could reasonably sustain in the long term. Would people prefer us to have spent more? To be up to our eyeballs in debt? To break FFP rules?

If the owners put more money in, would people prefer that as interest bearing debt or with the aim of converting to equity thus driving down the Trust shareholding and value? That's the only way it can happen without breaching FFP.

Why the f*ck are people still whinging about probably the only good thing the owners have done since taking over, namely trying to get the club running on a self sustaining and therefore viable in the long term basis?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 20:48]

Unfortunately this is the truth & I presume it’s newer fans who want to see us spunking more we don’t have.
How long is this going on for. on 20:47 - Oct 21 with 1344 viewsDr_Winston

How long is this going on for. on 20:43 - Oct 21 by pencoedjack

Unfortunately this is the truth & I presume it’s newer fans who want to see us spunking more we don’t have.

It's not new fans. It's football fans in general.

Most of them demand more and more spending on players. Almost none of them concern themselves with how that spending is going to be paid for.

Sadly we've got more than our fair share of eejits who seem to think we should be forking out seven figure loan fees for players in the current climate instead of being grateful that we're relatively well insulated against the economic problems caused by Covid.

How long is this going on for. on 21:33 - Oct 21 with 1305 viewsAndy1300

What gets us mad is selling too cheap

Number 1 team in Wales

How long is this going on for. on 22:08 - Oct 21 with 1277 viewsCatullus

How long is this going on for. on 21:33 - Oct 21 by Andy1300

What gets us mad is selling too cheap

Even if that sale (with current circumstances in mind) ensures our club will still be here next season and with no sanctions hanging around our necks?

I agree Rodon was sold on the cheap but with the realities of the current situation biting many clubs hard and deep it may have been a case of us not being able to afford to say no?

At the end of this pandemic there might be quite a few teams in deep trouble if not gone bust. Even though I'm feeling the same disconnect others have spoken of, I'd rather we weren't one of those teams.

How long is this going on for. on 22:13 - Oct 21 with 1271 viewsGaryjack

How long is this going on for. on 22:08 - Oct 21 by Catullus

Even if that sale (with current circumstances in mind) ensures our club will still be here next season and with no sanctions hanging around our necks?

I agree Rodon was sold on the cheap but with the realities of the current situation biting many clubs hard and deep it may have been a case of us not being able to afford to say no?

At the end of this pandemic there might be quite a few teams in deep trouble if not gone bust. Even though I'm feeling the same disconnect others have spoken of, I'd rather we weren't one of those teams.

Coventry couldn't even afford to have all their floodlights on last night.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024