Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
14 games in and 7 clean sheets 15:39 - Nov 29 with 1542 viewsDr_Parnassus

Whisper it quietly, but promotion sides are traditionally built on a solid defence such as this.

2 points from top, the only teams above us were in the Premier League last year.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 16:20 - Nov 29 with 1136 viewsKeithHaynes

Is that the best defensive record in the football league ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 16:23 - Nov 29 with 1134 viewsraynor94

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 16:20 - Nov 29 by KeithHaynes

Is that the best defensive record in the football league ?

At the moment yes

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 16:24 - Nov 29 with 1131 viewsKeithHaynes

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 16:23 - Nov 29 by raynor94

At the moment yes

As dr p says that’s how leagues are won.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 16:31 - Nov 29 with 1127 viewsraynor94

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 16:24 - Nov 29 by KeithHaynes

As dr p says that’s how leagues are won.

Fully agree, could really do with another one Wednesday

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 16:39 - Nov 29 with 1111 viewsonehunglow

Huge games coming up. If we can keep this going ,who knows.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 18:00 - Nov 29 with 1076 viewsAndyCole

With the third best goal difference, a clever dynamic frontline playing some of the most entertaining football we have seen in a while, a healthy balance of experience and guile through the spine, youthful exuberance chomping at the bit, buoyant team spirit and a massive dose of commitment and hard work.

Biggest thing is that Cooper and the coaching team have kicked on from the lessons learned from last year's inaugural season and are fine-tuning with aplomb.

He will definitely be looking to add to the frontline in Jan.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 18:16 - Nov 29 with 1059 viewsonehunglow

Cooper has definately moved on and great to see. I still believe he can use subs more and Woody terrifies me as does Grime and his "passing" but if we can come through the next month with positive points,we can go up without question

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 18:41 - Nov 29 with 1038 viewsbuilthjack

It's a close call at the top. Doing very well, we can't afford a bad run. Well done so far though.
Keep the crowds out !! Less pressure on the lads.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 18:43 - Nov 29 with 1036 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

One of the best squads in the league is currently positioned close to the top of the league. What a shock!

Perhaps now some will agree that the performances we saw last year for much of the season were unacceptable, especially when considering last years squad was arguably stronger than this years.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 18:48 - Nov 29 with 1026 viewsswancity

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 18:43 - Nov 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

One of the best squads in the league is currently positioned close to the top of the league. What a shock!

Perhaps now some will agree that the performances we saw last year for much of the season were unacceptable, especially when considering last years squad was arguably stronger than this years.

I don’t think anyone is shocked

Our lads are playing well. There’s good competition for places and more shrewd signings have helped although up front we still a bit short ( not literally 😂 )

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 19:47 - Nov 29 with 992 viewsDr_Parnassus

One of the best starting XI’s in the league for sure. Not one of the best squads though, we don’t even have a recognised striker. But we are making it work.

Last season we probably finished around where I expected we would, maybe even slightly above expectations.

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 23:22 - Nov 29 with 875 viewsNotLoyal

Education of young men working in teams and learning from it, that's what is happening. And to reinforce that learning Cooper is managing them through his own development. That's the difference this season.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 23:56 - Nov 29 with 864 viewsDr_Parnassus

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 23:22 - Nov 29 by NotLoyal

Education of young men working in teams and learning from it, that's what is happening. And to reinforce that learning Cooper is managing them through his own development. That's the difference this season.

I honestly dread to think where we would have finished last season and how we would be going this season without Cooper.

We have almost nothing to spend and lose our best players every season. It’s quite staggering we are where we are with such a high turnover rate of players.

Cooper is the perfect fit for us, in both concept and practicality. I can’t think of another manager that would have been able to get in the players he has done. The only other method is free transfer oldies, but that doesn’t tend to work very often.

I would love to see the shortlist of managers if he ever does leave, it’s going to be a stark wake up call to a lot of people.

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 05:56 - Nov 30 with 804 viewsBrynmill_Jack

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 19:47 - Nov 29 by Dr_Parnassus

One of the best starting XI’s in the league for sure. Not one of the best squads though, we don’t even have a recognised striker. But we are making it work.

Last season we probably finished around where I expected we would, maybe even slightly above expectations.

Squad wise we’ve got serious depth all over the pitch . Nobody registered our recent fitness crisis at centre half. The reason? Good quality replacements !!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 06:10 - Nov 30 with 797 viewsjackal

Brilliant in defence, solid in midfield.

If we can just keep Ayew fit, it looks promising. Without him we are a bit weak up front.
14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 16:30 - Dec 20 with 652 viewsAndyCole

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 06:10 - Nov 30 by jackal

If we can just keep Ayew fit, it looks promising. Without him we are a bit weak up front.

And the stats are improving, 11/20. Joint 3rd goal diff with league leaders Norwich.

Lowe has kicked on to strengthen that perceived weakness upfront.

Our ability to push on in matches like we did 2nd half yesterday to turn the screw is a big difference to last season.

Jan window will be interesting.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 16:38 - Dec 20 with 636 viewsonehunglow

We are in a good position to kick on.Deoends on how much the Owners want it.

Norwich apart,we are the equal of anyone.
As for clean sheets,sorry but I’m not having Fred getting all the credit.

Our defenders ,Bennett Guehi Ben have been terrific and saved Fred any embarrassment.

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 17:37 - Dec 20 with 603 viewsfelixstowe_jack

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 16:38 - Dec 20 by onehunglow

We are in a good position to kick on.Deoends on how much the Owners want it.

Norwich apart,we are the equal of anyone.
As for clean sheets,sorry but I’m not having Fred getting all the credit.

Our defenders ,Bennett Guehi Ben have been terrific and saved Fred any embarrassment.

Some people just love to pick on a certain player to try and drive the player out of the club.

I am happy with our keeper who has conceded less goals than any of the other 91 goalkeepers in the Pl and football league.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 17:44 - Dec 20 with 598 viewsHighjack

If we keep up the same rate of conceded goals we’ll finish with the best defensive record ever at this level.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 17:54 - Dec 20 with 592 viewsFireboy2

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 17:44 - Dec 20 by Highjack

If we keep up the same rate of conceded goals we’ll finish with the best defensive record ever at this level.

Hopefully but it might not get us promoted though.
14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 17:59 - Dec 20 with 588 viewsHighjack

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 17:54 - Dec 20 by Fireboy2

Hopefully but it might not get us promoted though.

Perhaps not, but it will get us close. Remember the season we won the league under John Hollins? We only scored about 50 goals in 46 games but our defensive record was ridiculously good.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 18:03 - Dec 20 with 586 viewsonehunglow

One day ,we might see a manage we all agree on. Come to think of it,Rodgers and Martinez were rated by us all.I think

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 18:16 - Dec 20 with 576 viewsNortbankboy

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 18:03 - Dec 20 by onehunglow

One day ,we might see a manage we all agree on. Come to think of it,Rodgers and Martinez were rated by us all.I think

We are no missing rodon and are £18 mill to the good.
Good business by the club
14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 18:19 - Dec 20 with 575 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 18:16 - Dec 20 by Nortbankboy

We are no missing rodon and are £18 mill to the good.
Good business by the club

Are you saying we received £18m for Joe Rodon?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 18:23 - Dec 20 with 566 viewsjackrabbit

14 games in and 7 clean sheets on 06:10 - Nov 30 by jackal

Leeds were head and shoulders the best team in the Championship last season, and with the bedrock of the same players who won them promotion, are currently being destroyed 6-2 by Manchester United. The point is they are still head and shoulders above anything, including Norwich, in the current Championship, and I shudder to imagine the score line should we come up against them. I watched the Swans win 2-0 yesterday playing some of the worst football I’ve witnessed for many a long year. Of course the execrable playing surface had a lot to do with it but the conclusion I draw is that Swans are nowhere near ready to be promoted - the gap between the PL and Championship is immense and I can think of no more than 3 of our current team , at a pinch who could bridge it. Compare our promotion team of 2011 with our current one. How many of our current team would have improved our 2011 team? I trust I don’t come across as a party pooper but I’m just trying to keep our feet on the ground.

Ps good to see old boy Dan James get a full 90 minutes for Man Utd and score an excellent goal
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 18:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024