Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS 16:49 - Jan 3 with 14315 viewsNotLoyal

Saturday January 9th
Lamex Stadium
Stevenage
Kick off 3pm

Date: Saturday, 9 January Venue: Lamex Stadium Kick-off: 15:00 GMT Coverage: Watch live on the BBC Sport website/BBC iPlayer; BET365 media. Listen on BBC Radio Wales; BBC Radio Cymru & text commentary on the BBC Sport website. Also on ESPN+USA and Watch ESPN Australia. Saturday's Third Round 3pm kick-off will be broadcasted in full across BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport Website/App. Live video updates will also be shown on BBC Final Score throughout the afternoon

LIVE ON ESPN+ USA

LIVE ON WATCH ESPN Australia

Match Officials
Referee Michael Salisbury
Assistant Referees Nigel Lugg & David Hunt
Fourth Official Charles Breakspear

Here's Mike, a mayonnaising referee

Michael Salisbury will be the man in the middle when Swansea City take on Stevenage in the third round of the FA Cup this weekend. This will be the Lancashire official’s second Swans match, having previously taken charge of the Carabao Cup clash against Cambridge United last season. Michael is an avid collector of empty salad cream bottles from 1974-1976. He has refereed in the Football League since the 2016-17 season, while his father Graham is also an EFL official. He will be assisted by Nigel Lugg and David Hunt, while Charles Breakspear will be the fourth official.

Stevenage hasn't been built yet but as soon as it is we will offer you an insightful look at its location, people and fruit shops.

Stevenage yesterday

The story of the FA Cup and Stevenage v Swansea City

The clubs have met before In the FA Cup, Swansea won 2-1, they had a defender at the club at the time called Nathan Bunce who someone I know arrested once for being horrible and fighting. He’s probably lopping the tops of trees now instead of peoples heads. It wasn’t a pretty game to watch, all those years back. Rog was in goal, Martinez on the bench, they had a few booked because they couldn’t deal with our play. Thats about it really. There are two other games which we will talk about later. They’ve bored me already.

Actually if you are a supporter of Stevenage, welcome to you both. Our Matchday threads are a little bit, I’m unsure how to describe them, let’s say a bit of a grin. No malice is intended, unless of course you support Stevenage. We would of course now like to congratulate you on the building of your town, it didn’t take long did it ? Obviously used quick drying cement from Lafarge Aggregates, a wonderful company who do a great price on hardcore landscaping.

So what do we know about Stevensvillage
Well, here’s some hard facts on this club from Hertfordshire, near that London.

Stevenage Football Club Ltd
Stevenage Football Club, The Lamex Stadium, Broadhall Way, Stevenage, Herts, SG2 8RH
Registered Company Number: 2901467
VAT Registration Number: 396 873 483

That’s one hell of a trophy cabinet you have there lads and lasses, that VAT number slams our close friends and neighbours ‘Caaaaaaaardfiff’ in to the ground, just spend, spend, spend, we did up until 2002 then it only cost us 5p in the pound. They don’t like that at all, apparently we should have all been shot at Dawn, or Ruth, depending on the state of her granites.

We also notice you are looking for a sports turf and grounds operative In your vacancy section, we’ve narrowed that down to someone to cut the grass and fling a bit of weedol around on a Sunday morning. Got to be honest though folks, don’t ask our lot at The Liberty. It will turn to dust in minutes. Hey, all good fun. Maybe ...

He looks like a young inoffensive chap, mowing your lawn

We’ve got a new pitch to play on, so if you don’t beat us we can have a go on it in a replay. Is there a replay, god knows ? I haven’t looked to be honest. You see this fixture isn’t grabbing our ball sacks if the truth be known. It’s not as if you are going to win the cup, we nearly did a few years ago but got diddled by the ref, had they let us use our VAR Man City would have been done good and proper. Have you got VAR ? Well, we know the answer it’s no, because you are a smaller club than Cardiff and their u23’s, but don’t worry there’s time for you yet.

We will do a bit of facts and figures a bit later, until then regards to you both, Keep smiling, at least the Covid thingy means you are all safe at home fiddling with Stevens Village.

Stevenage club crest.

Wasnt that a pathetic entry to the thread, you know the Luton Town thingy,

Here's some news.
Clubs may automatically have to forfeit a game if they are hit by coronavirus, with each case to be assessed by the FA on its individual circumstances.

Substitutions
Clubs can name a maximum of nine substitutes for their ties, with teams permitted a maximum of three opportunities to make substitutions during the match. However, if a player suffers a concussion (or potential concussion), clubs shall be permitted to use an additional two substitutions.

Replays

There will be no replays in this season's competition. The FA introduced the measure "to assist in easing pressure on the football schedule and to ensure that domestic competitions can still be delivered". That means if the scores are level after 90 minutes, a period of 30 minutes extra time will be played. If the sides still cannot be separated, the outcome will be determined by a penalty shoot-out.

VAR

Video Assistant Referees (VAR) will only be used in nine of the 32 third round ties. They are the ones taking place at Premier League stadiums.

TV and live streaming

Fans in the UK will be able to watch all 32 ties, either on BBC and BT Sport and their digital channels or through The FA Player. Eight fixtures will be live across the BBC's platforms, 16 across BT Sport's digital channels and the remaining eight fixtures broadcast free to supporters on the FA Player.

The Emirates FA Cup
Season 2020-21
Payments made from The FA's prize fund
Extra preliminary round (184) £1,125 Losers receive £375
Preliminary round (160) £1,444 Losers receive £481
First round qualifying (116) £2,250 Losers receive £750
Second Round Qualifying (80) £3,375 Losers receive £1,125
Third Round Qualifying (40) £5,625 Losers receive £1,875
Fourth Round Qualifying (32) £9,375 Losers receive £3,125
First Round Proper (40) £16,972 Losers receive £5,657
Second Round Proper (20) £25,500 Losers receive £8500
Third Round Proper winners (32) £61,500 Losers receive £20,500
Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £90,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £180,000
Quarter-Final winners (4) £360,000
Semi-Final winners (2) £900,000
Semi-Final losers (2) £450,000
Final runners-up (1) £900,000
Final winners (1) £1,800,000

Matchday programme download or read.

https://issuu.com/hashtagdigitalmedia/docs/sfc_v_swansea_09-01-21

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Cameron Evans; Jordon Garrick, George Byers, Jay Fulton, Ryan Manning; Yan Dhanda; Wayne Routledge (captain), Viktor Gyokeres.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Marc Guehi, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes, Jamal Lowe, Liam Cullen, Jake Bidwell, Oli Cooper, Dan Williams.

More Later.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 21:40 - Jan 3 with 6223 viewspencoedjack

I know some won’t like it but I’d be happy to lose this game.

Last thing we need is a fixture pile up & we are not going to win it or get a money spinning tie.
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 22:29 - Jan 3 with 6196 viewsbuilthjack

Put the bench warmers in and a few from the u21s.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 09:14 - Jan 4 with 6127 viewsOptimisticJack

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 21:40 - Jan 3 by pencoedjack

I know some won’t like it but I’d be happy to lose this game.

Last thing we need is a fixture pile up & we are not going to win it or get a money spinning tie.

Agree.
In the past I was against resting players in the FA Cup.
However we are in unprecedented times with covid and a potential fixture backlog.
Play all our fringe players and rest as many as possible.

Optimisticjack

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 10:40 - Jan 4 with 6091 viewsBadlands

Academy with some fringe players as per Papa John’s Trophy.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 10:41 - Jan 4 with 6045 viewsjacabertawe

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 22:29 - Jan 3 by builthjack

Put the bench warmers in and a few from the u21s.

We are in the lucky position of having "fringe" players who can step up to first selection places at any time, as witnessed recently.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 11:40 - Jan 4 with 6078 viewsswancity

This is the FA Cup chaps. It’s still a major trophy.

We will want to get through. That means fielding a strong team.

Wins breed confidence and getting to a 1/4 Final means only four games. Go for it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 11:40 - Jan 4 with 6073 viewsonehunglow

Yep,I eem to have commented previously on resting players.

Hope Steve gives ALL our first choice player a well deserved rest. They should be instructed to stay at home and go for a nice relaxing stroll along the Port Eynon to Rhosili cliff walk then go home and put their feet up

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:01 - Jan 4 with 6046 views34dfgdf54

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 11:40 - Jan 4 by swancity

This is the FA Cup chaps. It’s still a major trophy.

We will want to get through. That means fielding a strong team.

Wins breed confidence and getting to a 1/4 Final means only four games. Go for it.

Without sounding arrogant, looking at Stevenage's position in league 2, they will be resting players, I'm sure with even 7/8 outfield changes we have enough to get through this one.
Login to get fewer ads

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:05 - Jan 4 with 6039 viewsonehunglow

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:01 - Jan 4 by 34dfgdf54

Without sounding arrogant, looking at Stevenage's position in league 2, they will be resting players, I'm sure with even 7/8 outfield changes we have enough to get through this one.

Surely,our resources are such as to put this Team to sleep early ,then relax.

I d like to see some of our senior pros travel and offer guidance along the way.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:17 - Jan 4 with 6039 viewsswancity

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:01 - Jan 4 by 34dfgdf54

Yes agreed

5/ 6/7 changes to starting X1 with the likes of Grimes Lowe Ayew Guehi Woodman Roberts on the bench with a well earned rest and in case they’re needed. Still go there with a strong squad. And hope to do the business as this is the FA Cup after all.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 15:38 - Jan 4 with 5970 viewsReslovenSwan1

Totaal lockdown likely to come in tonight. It is likely this game will be postponed for a month or two I suspect.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 15:53 - Jan 4 with 5964 viewsChief

Does covid bubble protocol allow us to call up many u23s?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 18:15 - Jan 4 with 5912 viewsshingle

Go for the win, we can pick a fairly tidy team with players who could do with some game time, the incentive is there for them to impress Cooper.
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 18:21 - Jan 4 with 5906 viewsshingle

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 15:38 - Jan 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Totaal lockdown likely to come in tonight. It is likely this game will be postponed for a month or two I suspect.

Scotland have a full lockdown from midnight, however this will not impact professional football up there, so lets see what Boris decides at 8pm, if football is allowed to continue in Scotland it would not be surprising if Boris follows suit.
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 21:29 - Jan 4 with 5821 viewsReslovenSwan1

The mercenery in me says flog the last juice out of Ayew, Guehi and the loan players. They may be exhausted in May but by then they will not be Swansea players. Swansea will be paying Ayew £160,000 for doing little between 03 January and 15 january. On that money you play every week and hope he stays fit. Give him training days off if necessary.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 09:16 - Jan 5 with 5712 viewsWhiterockin

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 21:29 - Jan 4 by ReslovenSwan1

The mercenery in me says flog the last juice out of Ayew, Guehi and the loan players. They may be exhausted in May but by then they will not be Swansea players. Swansea will be paying Ayew £160,000 for doing little between 03 January and 15 january. On that money you play every week and hope he stays fit. Give him training days off if necessary.

Shows me you know nothing about football. We have 2 fixtures in May and possibly 3 play off matches.
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 09:42 - Jan 5 with 5679 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Rest 6 or 7 fill the spaces with players from our subs bench that should still be a strong team.

Prize money in the FA cup is decent as well as TV money for the right game.

I am sure Cooper will make the correct decision.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:23 - Jan 5 with 5613 viewsReslovenSwan1

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 09:16 - Jan 5 by Whiterockin

Shows me you know nothing about football. We have 2 fixtures in May and possibly 3 play off matches.

SCFC cannot have a £80,000 per week player not contributing for 2 weeks. If he showing signs for fatigue give a few days off from training. Also remember there is a possibilty that the playoff place coud be secured well before the last game. That is the time for resting not competetive matches.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:29 - Jan 5 with 5608 viewsWhiterockin

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:23 - Jan 5 by ReslovenSwan1

SCFC cannot have a £80,000 per week player not contributing for 2 weeks. If he showing signs for fatigue give a few days off from training. Also remember there is a possibilty that the playoff place coud be secured well before the last game. That is the time for resting not competetive matches.

So rest him when we have a league game and not a cup match? If we have a play off place secured by then surly we would be pushing for an automatic place.
Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:51 - Jan 5 with 5590 viewsReslovenSwan1

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:29 - Jan 5 by Whiterockin

So rest him when we have a league game and not a cup match? If we have a play off place secured by then surly we would be pushing for an automatic place.

Anything can happen it 2020 -2021 season. Covid postponements etc . I see Norwich and Bornemouth most likely gradually pulling out of sight from the rest with Swansea very secure in a playoff place by the last 2 or 3 games. Watford seem the weakest of the three relegated club with some of they big stars becoming baggage Deeney and Gray.

The Stevneage game has no midweek game before or after so play the big guns and take them off early and integrating any new loan players in a winning team. Brandon Cooper might have played FA cup for Newport. If not Ayew should already be sunning himself in a 5 star AbuDhabi hotel.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:10 - Jan 6 with 5181 viewsonehunglow

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:29 - Jan 5 by Whiterockin

Personally I would rest Ayew and lock him up somewhere cosy as you would protect a prize asset,which he is.His wages are evidence he is as such.

All being equal,I am confident we will be play offs but sadly not automatic.

And what a swan song it could be for Ayew,who is ,if nothing else a top pro.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:27 - Jan 6 with 5174 viewsReslovenSwan1

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:10 - Jan 6 by onehunglow

Personally I would rest Ayew and lock him up somewhere cosy as you would protect a prize asset,which he is.His wages are evidence he is as such.

All being equal,I am confident we will be play offs but sadly not automatic.

And what a swan song it could be for Ayew,who is ,if nothing else a top pro.

If that is the case he should already be poolside with his family in Abu Dhabi then being paid £11,000 per day by Swansea city.

I would plan to play him 45 minute v Stevenage and get the match won early. It is a TV games and should bring in a decent fee.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:53 - Jan 6 with 5157 viewsKeithHaynes

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:27 - Jan 6 by ReslovenSwan1

If that is the case he should already be poolside with his family in Abu Dhabi then being paid £11,000 per day by Swansea city.

I would plan to play him 45 minute v Stevenage and get the match won early. It is a TV games and should bring in a decent fee.

Yes agreed, plus a few extra quid for sandwiches.

The Emirates FA Cup
Season 2020-21

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 15:49 - Jan 6 with 5116 viewsReslovenSwan1

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:53 - Jan 6 by KeithHaynes

Yes agreed, plus a few extra quid for sandwiches.

The Emirates FA Cup
Season 2020-21

Stevenage is on TV red button. The BBC are quite generous. At least + £10,000 my guess. A win guarentees £70,000 minimum. I thing we can give Andre a 45 min stretch for that.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 16:15 - Jan 6 with 5100 viewsCatullus

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 on 13:23 - Jan 5 by ReslovenSwan1

That's nonsense, you don't risk your best players in games you should be strong enough to win without them.
We will need Ayew in May, and other players too, we should rest the most important players for this match. If only to lessen the risk of injury. It could happen anytime but what if we keep flogging Ayew and he ends up missing our last league games and it costs us?

This is an ideal game to rest players.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024