Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cymrophobia 22:23 - Jan 12 with 11257 viewsNortbankboy

There's a lot about these days.
Cymrophobia on 20:48 - Jan 15 with 754 viewsonehunglow

Ray.
NB,I do not give a shyte

People always get hurt when someone /spmething love is criticised.Its basic human nature.The truth is nowhere to be seen.

I am not wasting my time explaining or trying to point out where you are "wrong" as we/you see yourselves as right.

the OP was offensive and childish and not a word said against,which shows just how pitiful my distractors are. They are a posse who simply post to impress each other and miss the truth in a gossamer film of sentimental garbage.

And do not ever assume anything about me.BTW,Perch was buried month ago.

Bye.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cymrophobia on 21:44 - Jan 15 with 707 viewslifelong

Cymrophobia on 20:48 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

Ray.
NB,I do not give a shyte

People always get hurt when someone /spmething love is criticised.Its basic human nature.The truth is nowhere to be seen.

I am not wasting my time explaining or trying to point out where you are "wrong" as we/you see yourselves as right.

the OP was offensive and childish and not a word said against,which shows just how pitiful my distractors are. They are a posse who simply post to impress each other and miss the truth in a gossamer film of sentimental garbage.

And do not ever assume anything about me.BTW,Perch was buried month ago.

Bye.

Go away you silly man.
Cymrophobia on 09:13 - Jan 16 with 657 viewsonehunglow

Bit slow to respond Rog.

Cymrophobia on 10:09 - Jan 16 with 634 viewsGwyn737

Maybe I’ve been lucky but in 22 over the bridge, I’ve never experienced any negativity about being Welsh - in fact I’ve found it to be an advantage as folks often want to chat about it.

My nationality is pretty obvious too. I’m a proud Welshman and I’ve kept my accent. My boy never loses things in school as he’s the only one with a Swansea City lunchbox/jacket/pencil case!

I moved away because quite honestly at the time there were more opportunities and it’s given me a better life (in some ways) than I would had at home. I still love Swansea and I’m sure I’ll end up back for good at some point.

I don’t buy in to this ‘Cymrophobia’ at all. My take is that English arrogance is mistaken from the inability to simultaneously hate the Welsh, Scottish, Irish, French, Australian etc. who have a common enemy. There’s just not the time.

Final thought - I’ve been out and about in pubs and restaurants on occasions over a long period of time with Swans or Wales (football and rugby) shirts on an never had an issue. Would that be the same for England shirts in Swansea? Would wearing one be seen as arrogance?

I’m not having a pop - I just don’t think we can define ourselves by things we hate. We’ve got to be better than that.
Cymrophobia on 10:15 - Jan 16 with 625 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cymrophobia on 21:39 - Jan 13 by Dr_Winston

Same.

Spent a lot of time in Bristol over the years. Great people. Got family scattered all over the South East and I go up there regularly (plague depending).

No doubt there's the odd dickhead about but then again we've got the likes of trampie so we're hardly innocent ourselves.

Different flags exactly the same moronic prejudices

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cymrophobia on 10:16 - Jan 16 with 627 viewsNeath_Jack

Cymrophobia on 10:09 - Jan 16 by Gwyn737

Maybe I’ve been lucky but in 22 over the bridge, I’ve never experienced any negativity about being Welsh - in fact I’ve found it to be an advantage as folks often want to chat about it.

My nationality is pretty obvious too. I’m a proud Welshman and I’ve kept my accent. My boy never loses things in school as he’s the only one with a Swansea City lunchbox/jacket/pencil case!

I moved away because quite honestly at the time there were more opportunities and it’s given me a better life (in some ways) than I would had at home. I still love Swansea and I’m sure I’ll end up back for good at some point.

I don’t buy in to this ‘Cymrophobia’ at all. My take is that English arrogance is mistaken from the inability to simultaneously hate the Welsh, Scottish, Irish, French, Australian etc. who have a common enemy. There’s just not the time.

Final thought - I’ve been out and about in pubs and restaurants on occasions over a long period of time with Swans or Wales (football and rugby) shirts on an never had an issue. Would that be the same for England shirts in Swansea? Would wearing one be seen as arrogance?

I’m not having a pop - I just don’t think we can define ourselves by things we hate. We’ve got to be better than that.

There's more "Cymrophobia", within Wales than there is out of it.

Just look at some of the bile spouted when the subject of Indywales, our unique language, Welsh Government, etc. etc. is discussed. Although I will say, away from social media, I come acorss very few people who are so quick to rubbish our own country. It may not be perfect, but it is OUR country.

It's easy to understand someone from another country having a pop, but when you hear your own countrymen doing it. Makes you wonder why they don't take flight to the other side of the bridge.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cymrophobia on 10:17 - Jan 16 with 624 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cymrophobia on 15:07 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

Wales is a shithole, it's just that we are used to it Swansea is a horrible depressing city, but it's ours

I think that’s far more to do with your perceptions and psyche than the city itself. Best coastline for any town in the UK bar none

Cymrophobia on 10:22 - Jan 16 with 617 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cymrophobia on 10:16 - Jan 16 by Neath_Jack

There's more "Cymrophobia", within Wales than there is out of it.

Just look at some of the bile spouted when the subject of Indywales, our unique language, Welsh Government, etc. etc. is discussed. Although I will say, away from social media, I come acorss very few people who are so quick to rubbish our own country. It may not be perfect, but it is OUR country.

It's easy to understand someone from another country having a pop, but when you hear your own countrymen doing it. Makes you wonder why they don't take flight to the other side of the bridge.

I love Wales but get called unpatriotic when I oppose independence. To be truly patriotic one must remember the role Wales has played in the history of these islands and the great contributions/impact our countrymen and women have made to shape the United Kingdom into what it is now. Narrow nationalism is just looking inward on ourselves and keeping the rest of the world out .

Login to get fewer ads

Cymrophobia on 10:26 - Jan 16 with 615 viewsNeath_Jack

Cymrophobia on 10:22 - Jan 16 by Brynmill_Jack

I love Wales but get called unpatriotic when I oppose independence. To be truly patriotic one must remember the role Wales has played in the history of these islands and the great contributions/impact our countrymen and women have made to shape the United Kingdom into what it is now. Narrow nationalism is just looking inward on ourselves and keeping the rest of the world out .

The United Kingdom of now, is not what the United Kingdom of old was.

Time moves on, people move on, it's time to look forward and not long for the past.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Cymrophobia on 10:37 - Jan 16 with 610 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 10:26 - Jan 16 by Neath_Jack

Time moves on, people move on, it's time to look forward and not long for the past.

Wait until Brexit really kicks in. Bye bye UK
Cymrophobia on 10:40 - Jan 16 with 603 viewsbuilthjack

Cymrophobia on 10:37 - Jan 16 by controversial_jack

Wait until Brexit really kicks in. Bye bye UK

Scotland will go first.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cymrophobia on 11:07 - Jan 16 with 592 viewsonehunglow

I was thinking what phobias I had or have over my croissants and coffee gazing over to the Welsh Hills and discovered I had many but have far fewer now.

As regards countries and it’s people I detested Italians mainly because my grandad was a POW there and he passed it on.

I’ve never been too ken on

Japan
Ireland
Spain
Portugal
Russia
China
Danes
Swedes
Hungarians
South African s or at least Afrikaners
Serbia
Switzerland
But I seem to like

French
Germans
Canadians
Kiwis
Indians
Norwegians
Poles

So there ya go

Cymrophobia on 11:11 - Jan 16 with 586 viewsFireboy2

Cymrophobia on 10:17 - Jan 16 by Brynmill_Jack

I think that’s far more to do with your perceptions and psyche than the city itself. Best coastline for any town in the UK bar none

It's only when you leave that you realise how good swansea and its surroundings are.

You only realise what you have got when it's gone.

But i guess I'm an optimist so try to see the good in everyone and everything.

And to the people who say why dont you go back, my life is now oop north with the family I have built, I have made my life up here and I love it but if my missus said she would like to move to Swansea i would jump at it, in fact both my boys love coming down to see their remaining family and they would move as well.
Cymrophobia on 11:13 - Jan 16 with 589 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I lived in England for 20 years, I lived in six different towns and travelled with work to most UK cities not once in all that time has anyone passed any negative comment about me being Welsh. When I said I was from Swansea many people were positive about Mumbles and Gower.

Working in Australia, I got a fair bit of abuse for being a Pom, my usual repost was at least my granddad didn't have to rob a bank for me to get a ticket here.

Why did I move away? Well unemployment was at 16 percent in South Wales when I left school. That's about 1 in every 6 people looking for a job, eventually after about 6 months looking, I picked up a job in Bristol.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Cymrophobia on 11:25 - Jan 16 with 571 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Are you suggesting that all positive and ground breaking Welsh contributions are in the past? I think you’re missing my point completely. I’m bugging up the intellectual giants of Wales past and present as well as the innovators/inventors/scientists/engineers/philanthropists etc etc.

Besides, if such people no longer exist in Wales then independence is going to be a real sh*t show.

Cymrophobia on 11:28 - Jan 16 with 575 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 11:13 - Jan 16 by JACKMANANDBOY

I lived in England for 20 years, I lived in six different towns and travelled with work to most UK cities not once in all that time has anyone passed any negative comment about me being Welsh. When I said I was from Swansea many people were positive about Mumbles and Gower.

Working in Australia, I got a fair bit of abuse for being a Pom, my usual repost was at least my granddad didn't have to rob a bank for me to get a ticket here.

Why did I move away? Well unemployment was at 16 percent in South Wales when I left school. That's about 1 in every 6 people looking for a job, eventually after about 6 months looking, I picked up a job in Bristol.

Thank God for that glimmer of sense and perspective .

Nobody .least of all me,was or is "slagging off Wales and /or the Welsh. For it to be seen that way in the context of the OP says more about the poster who my remarks as offenive/annoying/irritating.The subject was all about a ludicrous epithet that deserved the derision it received from me.I dread what English people perusing this site must feel about such puerile ,narrow minded immature crap. I used to think a bit like that-when I was about 13 when you hate everyone and everything and question all what your parents tell you.

A mature country can look at itself and see itself for what it is and it is for the people of the country to ask just how they and the country are perceived. It s why ,for me,its ok to "slag off " you own country but not others.

The immigrants to Oz mainly got stick because of their -"back home/in England/Britain " attitude and no wonder the Aussies told them to fook off back then .

Ive met plenty of Aussies and Kiwis and they "slag off " their lot as much as we do but God help anyone else doing so-and that's fair enough.

Cymrophobia on 18:26 - Jan 16 with 512 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 11:11 - Jan 16 by Fireboy2

It's only when you leave that you realise how good swansea and its surroundings are.

You only realise what you have got when it's gone.

But i guess I'm an optimist so try to see the good in everyone and everything.

And to the people who say why dont you go back, my life is now oop north with the family I have built, I have made my life up here and I love it but if my missus said she would like to move to Swansea i would jump at it, in fact both my boys love coming down to see their remaining family and they would move as well.

The surrounding area is lovely, but the city itself is a dump, and the infrastructure terrible
Cymrophobia on 18:36 - Jan 16 with 499 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 18:26 - Jan 16 by controversial_jack

The surrounding area is lovely, but the city itself is a dump, and the infrastructure terrible

Fireman loves Swansea but so far is stuck in a Lancashire town until he gets the call to return home.

Up till then,like millions of others Welsh, he lives ,works and play in England and sends his kids to be educated in English who end up with English accents. It is common sense and an example of a good family man rather than uproot to the land of his birth -just because it is.

This is the United Kingdom and we rise and fall together.

Cymrpohobia myarse

Cymrophobia on 18:40 - Jan 16 with 489 viewsCatullus

Looking forward doesn't have to mean independence and not wanting to split the union doesn't mean you hate Wales.

I could argue clamouring for indy is looking backwards to a time when Wales wasn't in the Union.

Now the language, I don't hate the Welsh language but in a modern world Welsh is pretty irrelevant. If people want to learn it then great but if people don't want to learn it why force them? My son wants to learn Spanish but not Welsh, he has no choice in the latter though.

Wanting to remain in the UK just (in my case at least) means wanting better for all of us as I genuinely believe the Uk is stronger together and historically I think that point is shown to be valid. This country, for all the wrongs of Empire, managed incredible things for such a small place.

Being pro union doesn't mean I am "Cymrophobic" indeed the opposite. We are too intertwined with the other "Home Nations" we have too much shared history and we should be looking to build on this foundation not break it up.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cymrophobia on 18:48 - Jan 16 with 484 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 18:40 - Jan 16 by Catullus

Looking forward doesn't have to mean independence and not wanting to split the union doesn't mean you hate Wales.

I could argue clamouring for indy is looking backwards to a time when Wales wasn't in the Union.

Now the language, I don't hate the Welsh language but in a modern world Welsh is pretty irrelevant. If people want to learn it then great but if people don't want to learn it why force them? My son wants to learn Spanish but not Welsh, he has no choice in the latter though.

Wanting to remain in the UK just (in my case at least) means wanting better for all of us as I genuinely believe the Uk is stronger together and historically I think that point is shown to be valid. This country, for all the wrongs of Empire, managed incredible things for such a small place.

Being pro union doesn't mean I am "Cymrophobic" indeed the opposite. We are too intertwined with the other "Home Nations" we have too much shared history and we should be looking to build on this foundation not break it up.

Sadly Cat,your very fair and accurate description will fly over the heads of the likes of Neathie et al.They are not able to be objective;to see where Wale falls way behind in almost evert facet of life.It deeply,serious upsets me to see the land of my birth with attitudes like this given the huge problems it has since Industry was killed off.In many ways,it is a desperate land where old attitude of class war and Tory hatred are paramount and iverride everything.

I grew up in a family where the welsh language was a major divisive issue and my mum detested it until the day she died. my father and his lot were all welsh speakers and were anything but the loveable loyal estimable people they are purported to be.

Welsh people are no better than anywhere else. Good and bad and that is the truth.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 18:49]

Cymrophobia on 19:13 - Jan 16 with 464 viewsNeath_Jack

Cymrophobia on 18:40 - Jan 16 by Catullus

Who is clamouring for independence? I'm certainly not, but i would dearly love to see it before I'm in my box.

Quite right as well that your son has to take Welsh before Spanish, why would he or anyone else around here want to learn that? So he can order two beers when he's over in Spain? So why is Welsh irrelevant, and Spanish isn't? What language other than English is relevant? Would you go into Rome and tell them Italian is irrelevant? No of course you wouldn't.

You better get used to the union breaking up, because as sure as your shit stinks, it will be broken up, even the most one eyed can see it. And just to prove my point, you are going on about past history, look forwards. I remember you giving me grief about some subject or another, telling me things change and move on for the better, this will be one of them.

And to repeat myself, this union, is doomed, it will be broken up.

Cymrophobia on 19:18 - Jan 16 with 459 viewslifelong

Cymrophobia on 18:36 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

Fireman loves Swansea but so far is stuck in a Lancashire town until he gets the call to return home.

Up till then,like millions of others Welsh, he lives ,works and play in England and sends his kids to be educated in English who end up with English accents. It is common sense and an example of a good family man rather than uproot to the land of his birth -just because it is.

This is the United Kingdom and we rise and fall together.

Cymrpohobia myarse

So, how to you compare the South East of England to the South West of Wales?

Rise and fall together...my arse.
Cymrophobia on 19:27 - Jan 16 with 456 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 18:48 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

Sadly Cat,your very fair and accurate description will fly over the heads of the likes of Neathie et al.They are not able to be objective;to see where Wale falls way behind in almost evert facet of life.It deeply,serious upsets me to see the land of my birth with attitudes like this given the huge problems it has since Industry was killed off.In many ways,it is a desperate land where old attitude of class war and Tory hatred are paramount and iverride everything.

I grew up in a family where the welsh language was a major divisive issue and my mum detested it until the day she died. my father and his lot were all welsh speakers and were anything but the loveable loyal estimable people they are purported to be.

Welsh people are no better than anywhere else. Good and bad and that is the truth.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 18:49]

The last line is very true.

I want the UK to be outward looking. to trade with as many countries as possble but without being politically tied to any of them.
I want Wales to succeed, I live here so why wouldn't I?

What I wish would stop is some of the blatant anti English xenophobia I see, "a house divided against itself cannot stand" and the man who said that had Welsh roots!Hisgreat grandfather was called Cadwaladr and was from Bala, allegedly. His great gran, Ellen was from Ysbyty Ifan.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cymrophobia on 19:32 - Jan 16 with 448 viewsGwyn737

Cymrophobia on 19:18 - Jan 16 by lifelong

So, how to you compare the South East of England to the South West of Wales?

Rise and fall together...my arse.

I’m in the South East.

There are parts, particularly the costal strip areas that incredibly poor by many measures. It’s not all sunshine and roses.
Cymrophobia on 20:41 - Jan 16 with 427 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 19:32 - Jan 16 by Gwyn737

I’m in the South East.

There are parts, particularly the costal strip areas that incredibly poor by many measures. It’s not all sunshine and roses.

Lifey has done well in life but many in south Wales have not.

Many in Wales seem not to leave the country much at all and seem cocooned in a state of inertia that's embarrasing to outsiders.
STOP DIGGING.

There is no cymrophobia

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024