Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cymrophobia 22:23 - Jan 12 with 11156 viewsNortbankboy

There's a lot about these days.
Cymrophobia on 20:50 - Jan 16 with 888 viewsbuilthjack

Cymrophobia on 20:41 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

Lifey has done well in life but many in south Wales have not.

Many in Wales seem not to leave the country much at all and seem cocooned in a state of inertia that's embarrasing to outsiders.
STOP DIGGING.

There is no cymrophobia

A bit like some of those Scousers who,only leave Liverpool to go on the rob or push drugs into Wales.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cymrophobia on 20:53 - Jan 16 with 877 viewsNeath_Jack

Cymrophobia on 20:50 - Jan 16 by builthjack

A bit like some of those Scousers who,only leave Liverpool to go on the rob or push drugs into Wales.

Classic, and truer than anything Perchy has EVER posted.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cymrophobia on 21:13 - Jan 16 with 867 viewsGwyn737

Cymrophobia on 20:50 - Jan 16 by builthjack

Ooooooofffffff 🤣
Cymrophobia on 22:18 - Jan 16 with 842 viewsKilkennyjack

Cymrophobia on 10:22 - Jan 16 by Brynmill_Jack

I love Wales but get called unpatriotic when I oppose independence. To be truly patriotic one must remember the role Wales has played in the history of these islands and the great contributions/impact our countrymen and women have made to shape the United Kingdom into what it is now. Narrow nationalism is just looking inward on ourselves and keeping the rest of the world out .

You are unpatriotic.

Beware of the Risen People

Cymrophobia on 22:50 - Jan 16 with 827 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 19:13 - Jan 16 by Neath_Jack

Who is clamouring for independence? I'm certainly not, but i would dearly love to see it before I'm in my box.

Quite right as well that your son has to take Welsh before Spanish, why would he or anyone else around here want to learn that? So he can order two beers when he's over in Spain? So why is Welsh irrelevant, and Spanish isn't? What language other than English is relevant? Would you go into Rome and tell them Italian is irrelevant? No of course you wouldn't.

You better get used to the union breaking up, because as sure as your shit stinks, it will be broken up, even the most one eyed can see it. And just to prove my point, you are going on about past history, look forwards. I remember you giving me grief about some subject or another, telling me things change and move on for the better, this will be one of them.

And to repeat myself, this union, is doomed, it will be broken up.

You are not clamouring for it but would dearly love to see it before you're in your box....Ok then!

My son should have the choice, it's his choice and his life, English is his first language. He wants to travel and really fancies South America where Spanish would be quite useful. he's also a closet Barca fan! If I was in Rome of course I wouldn't sat Italian was irrelevant, it's their first language, I might say Latin is irrelelvant though, another ancient language that died out.

Your last paragraph seems to fly in the face of your claim to not be clamouring? Things do change, things move on as in we left the EU. If Wales leaves the Union it'll be because the people choose to, at some point. It'll be a democratic decision.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cymrophobia on 07:03 - Jan 17 with 799 viewsNeath_Jack

Cymrophobia on 22:50 - Jan 16 by Catullus

You are not clamouring for it but would dearly love to see it before you're in your box....Ok then!

My son should have the choice, it's his choice and his life, English is his first language. He wants to travel and really fancies South America where Spanish would be quite useful. he's also a closet Barca fan! If I was in Rome of course I wouldn't sat Italian was irrelevant, it's their first language, I might say Latin is irrelelvant though, another ancient language that died out.

Your last paragraph seems to fly in the face of your claim to not be clamouring? Things do change, things move on as in we left the EU. If Wales leaves the Union it'll be because the people choose to, at some point. It'll be a democratic decision.

Correct I'm not, there is a massive difference between the two. Post up a couple of examples of me clamouring for an Indy referendum, and posting links to pro-indy sources, I will wait. In fact, if there was a vote for independence next week, I would vote against it, because we are not ready for it yet.

No he shouldn't have the choice, should Tom from down the road have the choice to learn Italian because he likes having a pizza on a Friday night, or because he likes Juventus football kit? Don't be so ridiculous. If your son is that keen about it, get him a private tutor or something. Our language died out because it was forced out of us, you may be happy to bend over and take it from a bullying neighbour, but not everyone is.

And that is exactly what will happen when the time is right, which is what I'm saying to you. It will happen, whether that will be in our time is another thing.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Cymrophobia on 08:26 - Jan 17 with 778 viewsNortbankboy

Cymrophobia on 07:03 - Jan 17 by Neath_Jack

Correct I'm not, there is a massive difference between the two. Post up a couple of examples of me clamouring for an Indy referendum, and posting links to pro-indy sources, I will wait. In fact, if there was a vote for independence next week, I would vote against it, because we are not ready for it yet.

No he shouldn't have the choice, should Tom from down the road have the choice to learn Italian because he likes having a pizza on a Friday night, or because he likes Juventus football kit? Don't be so ridiculous. If your son is that keen about it, get him a private tutor or something. Our language died out because it was forced out of us, you may be happy to bend over and take it from a bullying neighbour, but not everyone is.

And that is exactly what will happen when the time is right, which is what I'm saying to you. It will happen, whether that will be in our time is another thing.

We should be proud of our culture.And try and keep it.
Cymrophobia on 09:24 - Jan 17 with 755 viewsKilkennyjack

Just an important point of detail, our language has never died out.

The fact it has not died out whilst being next door to the (new) business language of the world, and the (old) language of Empire is an incredible feat of love, community, and bloody minded resistance. An inspiring story of Chapel, Church, and ordinary people.
Something that everybody in Wales should be so proud of.

Having 2 languages is normal the world over. Wales is no different.

The welsh government target of 1 million speakers by 2050 involves us all.
Cymraeg is a national treasure and a European language of historical significance.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Cymrophobia on 09:31 - Jan 17 with 743 viewsNeath_Jack

Cymrophobia on 09:24 - Jan 17 by Kilkennyjack

The fact it has not died out whilst being next door to the (new) business language of the world, and the (old) language of Empire is an incredible feat of love, community, and bloody minded resistance. An inspiring story of Chapel, Church, and ordinary people.

Cymraeg is a national treasure and a European language of historical significance.

Furry muff.

Both my children were, and now my grandson will be educated in Welsh medium schools. My niece and three nephews are all currently at Welsh medium schools.

Neither my sister, brother or myself had the pleasure of attending a Welsh school. My family will be mostly Welsh speakers in years to come. Warms the cockles of the heart doesn't it.

Cymrophobia on 11:24 - Jan 17 with 703 viewsCatullus

So my son shouldn't have the right to make choices that will affect his future? In fact not just my son but no child in Wales should be allowed that choice?

It's a bit backward looking isn't it? Complaining about it being bullied out of us, about bending over and taking it?

We can't change the past and the way I feel the only people who are making me bend over and take it are the Senedd, and people like you who would deny the choice.

If Tom down thr road wants to learn Italian and the school has that as a choice, yes he very much should be allowed. It's his life, not yours.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Cymrophobia on 11:25 - Jan 17 with 705 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 09:24 - Jan 17 by Kilkennyjack

Nor will it die out because welsh speaking families ,speak Welsh.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cymrophobia on 11:30 - Jan 17 with 688 viewsNeath_Jack

Cymrophobia on 11:24 - Jan 17 by Catullus

So my son shouldn't have the right to make choices that will affect his future? In fact not just my son but no child in Wales should be allowed that choice?

It's a bit backward looking isn't it? Complaining about it being bullied out of us, about bending over and taking it?

We can't change the past and the way I feel the only people who are making me bend over and take it are the Senedd, and people like you who would deny the choice.

If Tom down thr road wants to learn Italian and the school has that as a choice, yes he very much should be allowed. It's his life, not yours.

No he shouldn't, he's a child. Shall we build the school curriculum around your son? Should we ask all pupils in Wales to have a vote to see what they fancy being taught, just so it aligns with a foreign football team that they like?

No, it's backward to accept another country forcing their wishes on you. You live in Wales, not England.

So if the senedd don't make you bend and take it, you'd rather it was done by and old boys school in England who have zero regard for you or your loved ones? That's an extremely strange choice if you ask me, but there's nowt as queer as folk as they say.

What schools in Wales have that choice Cat? I'd wager you could count them on one hand, and they would probably be private schools.

Cymrophobia on 11:55 - Jan 17 with 681 viewsonehunglow

Begs the question as to why this OP was created. Few direct answers,if you look back,more concerted attacks by pitiful gang culture jerks

Cymrophobia on 11:58 - Jan 17 with 680 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 11:30 - Jan 17 by Neath_Jack

No he shouldn't, he's a child. Shall we build the school curriculum around your son? Should we ask all pupils in Wales to have a vote to see what they fancy being taught, just so it aligns with a foreign football team that they like?

No, it's backward to accept another country forcing their wishes on you. You live in Wales, not England.

So if the senedd don't make you bend and take it, you'd rather it was done by and old boys school in England who have zero regard for you or your loved ones? That's an extremely strange choice if you ask me, but there's nowt as queer as folk as they say.

What schools in Wales have that choice Cat? I'd wager you could count them on one hand, and they would probably be private schools.

We should build the Curriculum around what's best for our kids futures. At a certain age we do ask kids what they want to learn.

Yes I live in Wales but I also live in the UK, I do not harbour grudges towards England or the English as others do. The past is far behind us and cannot be changed.

It's not another country forcing it's wishes on me, it's Wales. It's a minority in Wales.

I'd prefer nobody made me bend and take it, I'd prefer more freedom to choose.

I don't know of any schools that offer Italian but way back in the 80's my school (Bishop Gore) offered French, German, Spanish and Welsh but as a choice. Pre Bishop Gore (Oystermouth Junior Comp) I didnt get to do Welsh either, I actually was forced to learn....LATIN! I did it for a year then they finally stopped it.

Cymrophobia on 12:04 - Jan 17 with 677 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 11:58 - Jan 17 by Catullus

We should build the Curriculum around what's best for our kids futures. At a certain age we do ask kids what they want to learn.

Yes I live in Wales but I also live in the UK, I do not harbour grudges towards England or the English as others do. The past is far behind us and cannot be changed.

It's not another country forcing it's wishes on me, it's Wales. It's a minority in Wales.

I don't know of any schools that offer Italian but way back in the 80's my school (Bishop Gore) offered French, German, Spanish and Welsh but as a choice. Pre Bishop Gore (Oystermouth Junior Comp) I didnt get to do Welsh either, I actually was forced to learn....LATIN! I did it for a year then they finally stopped it.

This has been debated for years Cat. The narrative is exactly the same,Welsh speakers take offence for any questioning over a language they were brought up to speak.

Most people in Wales were not .All kids have no choice,which is awful.

It is impossible to discuss this subject. Ironically,I’ve discuss this in English.Welsh speaking zealots should refuse to discourse in English,a language they see as a danger and one they hate. Then do not ever write in it nor talk in it .

Cymrophobia on 12:08 - Jan 17 with 670 viewsNeath_Jack

Cymrophobia on 11:58 - Jan 17 by Catullus

Correct we should, and I'd like to think on the whole we do. That doesn't include learning about languages that they want to do because of a football team.

I don't harbour grudges against England or the English, you can want what is best for your own country without hating another, you realise this yes?

We are still on the whole, governed by another country to that in which we live. It's outrageous to think that is the correct way.

You can prefer all you like, but the fact is you will always be shafted by someone, for every single day of your life.

They were removed from the curriculum because they are pointless, What is Dai from Townhill going to do with those languages? If he's lucky enough to travel to those countries he'd be able to order a couple of rounds in their language, fantastic. We have always been forced to learn certain things, which will be utterly useless to the majority of people - it's probably the first stage of being shafted...

Cymrophobia on 12:10 - Jan 17 with 666 viewsNeath_Jack

Cymrophobia on 12:04 - Jan 17 by onehunglow

This has been debated for years Cat. The narrative is exactly the same,Welsh speakers take offence for any questioning over a language they were brought up to speak.

It is impossible to discuss this subject. Ironically,I’ve discuss this in English.Welsh speaking zealots should refuse to discourse in English,a language they see as a danger and one they hate. Then do not ever write in it nor talk in it .

Impossible you say? Maybe impossible for clowns such as yourself aye. Cat and I are discussing it with no problems.

Cymrophobia on 12:15 - Jan 17 with 665 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 12:04 - Jan 17 by onehunglow

I often find it comes down to hating the English for conquering us 600 years ago, or as Neathie put it, making us bend over and take it which he apparently feels they are still doing.

Nobody complains about the Romans conquerig us, in fact we often celebrate what the Romans did for us and they were at least as brutal. Any attack on the age of Empire, it seems to me, is usually really an attack on the English.

I am not arguing that we should destroy the Welsh language I am simply saying our kids should have the right to choose. If Welsh did die out because people didn't want to learn it that would just be a natural occurrence, maybe one day there will be the same arguments over other languages, maybe even English, who knows.

Cymrophobia on 12:31 - Jan 17 with 651 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 12:15 - Jan 17 by Catullus

I often find it comes down to hating the English for conquering us 600 years ago, or as Neathie put it, making us bend over and take it which he apparently feels they are still doing.

Nobody complains about the Romans conquerig us, in fact we often celebrate what the Romans did for us and they were at least as brutal. Any attack on the age of Empire, it seems to me, is usually really an attack on the English.

I am not arguing that we should destroy the Welsh language I am simply saying our kids should have the right to choose. If Welsh did die out because people didn't want to learn it that would just be a natural occurrence, maybe one day there will be the same arguments over other languages, maybe even English, who knows.

I know you're not.You have too much class for that and neither am I.

600 year ago eh?

In that case every country in the world should be entitled to have a chip on its shoulder the size of Neathies. It's not a very edifying trait and one that demeans people.

As I say,the originator of this sorry topic achieved his aim.

Cymrophobia on 12:49 - Jan 17 with 640 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 12:08 - Jan 17 by Neath_Jack

Correct we should, and I'd like to think on the whole we do. That doesn't include learning about languages that they want to do because of a football team.

I don't harbour grudges against England or the English, you can want what is best for your own country without hating another, you realise this yes?

We are still on the whole, governed by another country to that in which we live. It's outrageous to think that is the correct way.

You can prefer all you like, but the fact is you will always be shafted by someone, for every single day of your life.

They were removed from the curriculum because they are pointless, What is Dai from Townhill going to do with those languages? If he's lucky enough to travel to those countries he'd be able to order a couple of rounds in their language, fantastic. We have always been forced to learn certain things, which will be utterly useless to the majority of people - it's probably the first stage of being shafted...

I don't think Spanish, French or German are removed from the curriculum though? learning any of those 3 languages is certainly an advantage if you want to travel and maybe work abroad. In fact, here,

https://www.educationdevelopmenttrust.com/our-research-and-insights/research/mod

It looks like French, German and Spanish are taught where there is a demand for them, when they are not viable courses they are left out or dropped completely. It comes down to choice.

You say we are governed by another country, that would be big diference between saying you aree only Welsh or whether you say you are Welsh AND British. I am in the second group.

You're right, there is always somebody out to shaft you but you still have choices to make even if that choice is between a rock and a hard place.

If you don't harbour grudges why use language like "bend over and take it" which sounds like it has a certain amount of animosity? Of course that could just be the way I interpret it. The joy of the printed word eh, open to all sorts of interpretations.

Cymrophobia on 12:58 - Jan 17 with 630 viewsNeath_Jack

Cymrophobia on 12:49 - Jan 17 by Catullus

I don't think Spanish, French or German are removed from the curriculum though? learning any of those 3 languages is certainly an advantage if you want to travel and maybe work abroad. In fact, here,

https://www.educationdevelopmenttrust.com/our-research-and-insights/research/mod

It looks like French, German and Spanish are taught where there is a demand for them, when they are not viable courses they are left out or dropped completely. It comes down to choice.

You say we are governed by another country, that would be big diference between saying you aree only Welsh or whether you say you are Welsh AND British. I am in the second group.

You're right, there is always somebody out to shaft you but you still have choices to make even if that choice is between a rock and a hard place.

If you don't harbour grudges why use language like "bend over and take it" which sounds like it has a certain amount of animosity? Of course that could just be the way I interpret it. The joy of the printed word eh, open to all sorts of interpretations.

Yet Welsh is taught in pretty much every school in Wales, not bad for an insignificant language eh?

"You say we are governed by another country, that would be big diference between saying you aree only Welsh or whether you say you are Welsh AND British. I am in the second group."

I have no idea what that means to be honest, but in answer to your last part, I'm Welsh and British as well.

Why would I harbour a grudge? I've said before and I'll say it again, you can want to be ruled or governed by your own country, without hating on another. My 93 yr old grandfather is London born and bred, worked there for the majority of his life, and received an MBE from the Queen. His framed photo, his war medals and his MBE are mine when he passes away. Why would I harbour a grudge? That man is my hero. You seem to be the type that cannot separate them, which is more your issue than mine.

Cymrophobia on 13:19 - Jan 17 with 623 viewsbuilthjack

Every kid in the country should be taught Welsh at the earliest opportunity.
We are getting there.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cymrophobia on 13:38 - Jan 17 with 617 viewsonehunglow

It is also clear this language issue cannot be debated as such.

You cannot surely dwell on events 600 yr ago.Even Ireland is only bitter about events 150 years ago.

We have to move on or die in the process.

Cymrophobia on 13:44 - Jan 17 with 611 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 12:58 - Jan 17 by Neath_Jack

Yet Welsh is taught in pretty much every school in Wales, not bad for an insignificant language eh?

"You say we are governed by another country, that would be big diference between saying you aree only Welsh or whether you say you are Welsh AND British. I am in the second group."

I have no idea what that means to be honest, but in answer to your last part, I'm Welsh and British as well.

Why would I harbour a grudge? I've said before and I'll say it again, you can want to be ruled or governed by your own country, without hating on another. My 93 yr old grandfather is London born and bred, worked there for the majority of his life, and received an MBE from the Queen. His framed photo, his war medals and his MBE are mine when he passes away. Why would I harbour a grudge? That man is my hero. You seem to be the type that cannot separate them, which is more your issue than mine.

If you are really Welsh AND British then you are not ruled by another country. Wales is not rued by an English government but by the Uk government.

The UK is my country every bit as much as Wales.

My grandfather was Royal Marine Commando in WW2, he is my hero also. He didn't fight for Wales or England but for Britain as I'm sure yours did.

So what am I not seperating? It is not me that uses what could be taken as antagonistic language towards England.
England and Wales are seperate countries but we are both in the UK, it is our country.

That's what puzzles me about Europhiles who same the same things about indy, being in the EU means being ruled by others, did you call it the English old boys club? Well Europe is a different sort of club but the same thing applies, the rules we'd live by, inside the EU, would always be decided outside Wales.

Cymrophobia on 13:58 - Jan 17 with 599 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 13:44 - Jan 17 by Catullus

If you are really Welsh AND British then you are not ruled by another country. Wales is not rued by an English government but by the Uk government.

The UK is my country every bit as much as Wales.

My grandfather was Royal Marine Commando in WW2, he is my hero also. He didn't fight for Wales or England but for Britain as I'm sure yours did.

So what am I not seperating? It is not me that uses what could be taken as antagonistic language towards England.
England and Wales are seperate countries but we are both in the UK, it is our country.

That's what puzzles me about Europhiles who same the same things about indy, being in the EU means being ruled by others, did you call it the English old boys club? Well Europe is a different sort of club but the same thing applies, the rules we'd live by, inside the EU, would always be decided outside Wales.

To be fair Cat,neath and his ilk are in a masive minority.

Most welsh people have no such feelings for England and vice versa.

We live in the border land and the Welsh flock here for everything from new trainers to chemotherapy. north Wales could not survive -health sevice wide-without the services provided on Merseyside.

Many serious road accident victims end up here as do kids in a bad way going to Alder Hey. No cymrophobia evident there.

Apart from sporting rivalry ,we get along just fine .

Only the faux posh jerks in south east England truly show us contempt. Ive met this on holiday-last year in Barbados ,this time of the month actually, patronising pyss taking but with a view to belitttle.That is red rag to me and I had to be dragged away by Wifey again.

Frankly,she aint so keen on the Welsh ,come to think of it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024