Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Swansea City squad 17:25 - Jan 24 with 2573 viewsNotLoyal

I’m sure as usual there are loads of clubs looking at a lot of our players, the likes of Korey Smith etc, Grimes, loads more. Smith as an example was considered dead wood at Bristol City. But Cooper has built a seriously good side, when will other clubs learn it’s more than just signing players that were good here that end up no good elsewhere ? The word team is the clue, style and belief.
Just an observation.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 17:25]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

This Swansea City squad on 18:11 - Jan 24 with 1637 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper is looking the real deal compared to the highly rated Chris Houghton for example. Mr Houghton comes over as a very decent fellow but has big problems similar ot what Potter had with a bloated staff of demoralised players.

Mr Jenkins who is not favourite on here applied the surgeon's knife and dispensed with the non performers and replaced with young guns that he got developed. You could argue that Potter did this but he brought in the likes of Asoro, McKay, John and Celina the "non negotiable four". He wanted to spend £6m on a fifth Woods who has also seen his career tailspin. He sulked when turned down and looked for a new job. He recently reported the job had its challenges.

Credit to the owners. The "tough medicine" seems to be working. Take some Gavascon if my observations make you queasy. Being wrong is alway a difficult pill for the masses to take.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 18:14]

Wise sage since Toshack era

This Swansea City squad on 18:48 - Jan 24 with 1554 viewsswancity

This Swansea City squad on 18:11 - Jan 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper is looking the real deal compared to the highly rated Chris Houghton for example. Mr Houghton comes over as a very decent fellow but has big problems similar ot what Potter had with a bloated staff of demoralised players.

Mr Jenkins who is not favourite on here applied the surgeon's knife and dispensed with the non performers and replaced with young guns that he got developed. You could argue that Potter did this but he brought in the likes of Asoro, McKay, John and Celina the "non negotiable four". He wanted to spend £6m on a fifth Woods who has also seen his career tailspin. He sulked when turned down and looked for a new job. He recently reported the job had its challenges.

Credit to the owners. The "tough medicine" seems to be working. Take some Gavascon if my observations make you queasy. Being wrong is alway a difficult pill for the masses to take.

Bloated staff?

There’s a cure for that. May be it’s just a simple diet alteration including an activia yoghurt for example or a more significant change with more fibre, fresh fruit and some vegetables. Bloating isn’t much fun though especially during training sessions.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

This Swansea City squad on 19:13 - Jan 24 with 1543 viewsdobjack2

This Swansea City squad on 18:11 - Jan 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Is that the same Mr Jenkins that paid over the top transfer fees and wages to a bunch of non performers thus creating the financial mess at the club?
This Swansea City squad on 19:16 - Jan 24 with 1536 viewsKeithHaynes

This Swansea City squad on 19:13 - Jan 24 by dobjack2

Is that the same Mr Jenkins that paid over the top transfer fees and wages to a bunch of non performers thus creating the financial mess at the club?

Grimes is most certainly an exception, I’ll give him gylfi too.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This Swansea City squad on 21:28 - Jan 24 with 1434 viewsdobjack2

This Swansea City squad on 19:16 - Jan 24 by KeithHaynes

Grimes is most certainly an exception, I’ll give him gylfi too.

I would as well. It’s not as simple as everything was either right or wrong but I’m trying to balance the post I replied to.

Without knowing the facts, I believe that the chairman lost control of wages; probably after the Gomis “free” signing. By the time of the share sale our outgoings on wages and fees appeared to be spiralling out of control as we appeared to be relying on the money that we would get from staying up to pay the current outlay.

As far as the “non performers” were concerned we appeared to be paying over the odds on both transfer fees and wages to get some of them down here. If money was the main reason some of them signed it suggests that due diligence wasn’t really carried out; the merry go round of managers just made it worse. We lost our playing style and with it any semblance of planned recruitment; unlike our current recruitment which seems a lot more professional. Current recruitment also seems much smarter than under Potter.

What was done right was the academy. Whether by design or accident the investment has helped keep us afloat both on and off the pitch as opposed to dropping like a stone as happened after our relegation from the old division 1.
This Swansea City squad on 22:02 - Jan 24 with 1396 viewsmajorraglan

This Swansea City squad on 21:28 - Jan 24 by dobjack2

I would as well. It’s not as simple as everything was either right or wrong but I’m trying to balance the post I replied to.

Without knowing the facts, I believe that the chairman lost control of wages; probably after the Gomis “free” signing. By the time of the share sale our outgoings on wages and fees appeared to be spiralling out of control as we appeared to be relying on the money that we would get from staying up to pay the current outlay.

As far as the “non performers” were concerned we appeared to be paying over the odds on both transfer fees and wages to get some of them down here. If money was the main reason some of them signed it suggests that due diligence wasn’t really carried out; the merry go round of managers just made it worse. We lost our playing style and with it any semblance of planned recruitment; unlike our current recruitment which seems a lot more professional. Current recruitment also seems much smarter than under Potter.

What was done right was the academy. Whether by design or accident the investment has helped keep us afloat both on and off the pitch as opposed to dropping like a stone as happened after our relegation from the old division 1.

The value of having a good academy is there for all to see because it’s bring some decent players through. If, and it’s a big if Cooper can get the club back up in to the Premier League I’d really like to see the club try and regain its Cat 1 status.
This Swansea City squad on 22:42 - Jan 24 with 1348 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yes it is. I defend him in the knowledge that he was never perfect. Swansea fans eulogised him then loathed him. That is the nature of fans. I thought Swansea fans were more sophisticated I was mistaken. They went to the same shitty schools as everyone else.

I accepted HJ as a man that over all has done a spectacular job even accounting for errors relating to some failed transfers late in his career. The spectacular successes covered over the failed ones. Selling Gylfi Sgurdson for £45m helped and Ashley Williams for £12m.

Financial challenges come with any team relegated. No one expected Swansea to get to the Premier league let alone stay there for seven season with no free cash. That takes some doing. Huw created cash flow problems and solved the cash flow problems. He even fell on his own sword costing him his own income rather than accept a poor offer for James from Leeds on behalf of the club. He is not running away. Potter was a great coach but his signings were worse than HJ's.

HJ turned the Trusts valuation from £200k to £20m. All the other directors wanted to cash in and praise him to the hills for a spectacular 100x returns that interested the US people.

Every one gets illnessess and the medicine has done its jobin 2021. Back to work and stop whinging. If you want to whinge join the Trust. The Trust lacked the fortitude to do a deal that involved risk.

You can watch the Trust sell up and run away again and let the US professionals get on with the job. The Trust never believed in Swansea you see. That is why they are proposing to sue to cut and run selling at a discounted 2016 price while giving 40% of their money away. It is was a magnificent effort of creating what I consider false narratives using forums to persuade the members of the validity of a very dim idea of making a legal claim. One of the narratives on forums lapped up by members was to suggest the US people were going to drive the club into the ground by asset stripping.

The Trust will collect £13m after selling if they win and the forced buyers I predict will sell their shares for at least £42m* within the next 5 years banking a cool £22m profit. The Trust would have been wise to copy whatever HJ did . Sell up and hold 5%. It is a good practice for investors to copy directors dealings.

Its about courage. The current leadership should know the score but they have to admit their mistakes and ditch the old failed leadership that wants the Trust to cut and run while paying third parties millions from a "not for profit " organisation. The new leaders should be eating prawns over looking San Francisco harbour paid for by Mr Silverstein not sandwhiches with the darts at the Railway.

* 21% of Burnley was sold for £42m a cool $57m. BURNLEY!

This Swansea City squad on 23:14 - Jan 24 with 1333 viewsdobjack2

This Swansea City squad on 22:42 - Jan 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes it is. I defend him in the knowledge that he was never perfect. Swansea fans eulogised him then loathed him. That is the nature of fans. I thought Swansea fans were more sophisticated I was mistaken. They went to the same shitty schools as everyone else.

I accepted HJ as a man that over all has done a spectacular job even accounting for errors relating to some failed transfers late in his career. The spectacular successes covered over the failed ones. Selling Gylfi Sgurdson for £45m helped and Ashley Williams for £12m.

Financial challenges come with any team relegated. No one expected Swansea to get to the Premier league let alone stay there for seven season with no free cash. That takes some doing. Huw created cash flow problems and solved the cash flow problems. He even fell on his own sword costing him his own income rather than accept a poor offer for James from Leeds on behalf of the club. He is not running away. Potter was a great coach but his signings were worse than HJ's.

HJ turned the Trusts valuation from £200k to £20m. All the other directors wanted to cash in and praise him to the hills for a spectacular 100x returns that interested the US people.

Every one gets illnessess and the medicine has done its jobin 2021. Back to work and stop whinging. If you want to whinge join the Trust. The Trust lacked the fortitude to do a deal that involved risk.

You can watch the Trust sell up and run away again and let the US professionals get on with the job. The Trust never believed in Swansea you see. That is why they are proposing to sue to cut and run selling at a discounted 2016 price while giving 40% of their money away. It is was a magnificent effort of creating what I consider false narratives using forums to persuade the members of the validity of a very dim idea of making a legal claim. One of the narratives on forums lapped up by members was to suggest the US people were going to drive the club into the ground by asset stripping.

The Trust will collect £13m after selling if they win and the forced buyers I predict will sell their shares for at least £42m* within the next 5 years banking a cool £22m profit. The Trust would have been wise to copy whatever HJ did . Sell up and hold 5%. It is a good practice for investors to copy directors dealings.

Its about courage. The current leadership should know the score but they have to admit their mistakes and ditch the old failed leadership that wants the Trust to cut and run while paying third parties millions from a "not for profit " organisation. The new leaders should be eating prawns over looking San Francisco harbour paid for by Mr Silverstein not sandwhiches with the darts at the Railway.

He created cash flow problems- understatement of the century.

Regrettably as usual you are condescending towards people who don’t share your opinions.

When you don’t try defending Jenkins and the current owners or have a go at the trust you are capable of making good points to discuss, e.g.about Hughton and the mess that the Forest squad is in. It’s consistent with teams that chop and change managers without having an overall style of playing or recruitment.

For example after Colin and Harris I don’t think that Mick McCachau will have a squad that doesn’t understand big at the back, big up front hoof it up and kick everyone in between.

I’m no lover of our current owners, I can only assume that they didn’t realise what they were investing in and thought Jenkins was a genius. However once they got rid of him and appointed competent chairmen they have done what any sensible football club owner should do and that is to try run a club on a cash neutral business.

Not everyone agrees with that, but it is the only way to survive in my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

This Swansea City squad on 02:26 - Jan 25 with 1283 viewsDr_Parnassus

The unfounded criticism aimed at Cooper from individuals that should know better has been quite shocking. I have said it many times, but I cannot think of another realistic manager we could have appointed that would have got anywhere close to achieving what he has with the situation inherited.

On a pretty much zero budget, we had a remit to bring through youth and borrow top quality youth. Who else better than the guy that won the Youth World Cup with England who managed some of the best youth the country has to offer, who clearly trust him and enjoy working for him.

To incorporate an attractive style of play with a steely defence is not an easy task. To do that on such a narrow budget is something not often seen. 3 of our CB’s are 20 years old, to have the defensive record we do is remarkable. I would be getting his contract extended ASAP.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

This Swansea City squad on 06:52 - Jan 25 with 1239 viewsChief

****RANDOM UNWARRANTED DIG AT TRUST ALERT****

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

This Swansea City squad on 07:01 - Jan 25 with 1235 viewsChief

And i notice on today's legal monologue update you've once again omitted some key facts haven't you?

This Swansea City squad on 08:12 - Jan 25 with 1211 viewsWhiterockin

I compare HJ to a girl you courted when you were young, married, had children together and shared the best years of your life together. As soon as the children grew up she f****d of at the first opportunity. Very hard to love and respect after.
This Swansea City squad on 08:39 - Jan 25 with 1169 viewsTreforys_Jack

This Swansea City squad on 08:12 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

I compare HJ to a girl you courted when you were young, married, had children together and shared the best years of your life together. As soon as the children grew up she f****d of at the first opportunity. Very hard to love and respect after.

This Swansea City squad on 08:50 - Jan 25 with 1169 viewsJoe_bradshaw

This Swansea City squad on 08:12 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

She did it behind your back of course on the sly. She somehow retained financial control over you and paid way over the odds on clapped out cars that were incredibly expensive to run that you were stuck with unless you took a massive hit on selling them. You’re still running one of them and you’ve come to love it even though it’s costing you an arm and a leg every week.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

This Swansea City squad on 08:51 - Jan 25 with 1162 viewsWhiterockin

This Swansea City squad on 08:50 - Jan 25 by Joe_bradshaw

She did it behind your back of course on the sly. She somehow retained financial control over you and paid way over the odds on clapped out cars that were incredibly expensive to run that you were stuck with unless you took a massive hit on selling them. You’re still running one of them and you’ve come to love it even though it’s costing you an arm and a leg every week.

You get my drift.
This Swansea City squad on 09:24 - Jan 25 with 1119 viewsjohnlangy

This Swansea City squad on 02:26 - Jan 25 by Dr_Parnassus

The unfounded criticism aimed at Cooper from individuals that should know better has been quite shocking. I have said it many times, but I cannot think of another realistic manager we could have appointed that would have got anywhere close to achieving what he has with the situation inherited.

On a pretty much zero budget, we had a remit to bring through youth and borrow top quality youth. Who else better than the guy that won the Youth World Cup with England who managed some of the best youth the country has to offer, who clearly trust him and enjoy working for him.

To incorporate an attractive style of play with a steely defence is not an easy task. To do that on such a narrow budget is something not often seen. 3 of our CB’s are 20 years old, to have the defensive record we do is remarkable. I would be getting his contract extended ASAP.

100% correct Dr.
This Swansea City squad on 10:16 - Jan 25 with 1070 viewsonehunglow

Mr Jenkins is responsible for one of the greatest capitulations in PL history.A relegation that was utterly avoidable.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

This Swansea City squad on 10:20 - Jan 25 with 1069 viewsChief

This Swansea City squad on 10:16 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

Mr Jenkins is responsible for one of the greatest capitulations in PL history.A relegation that was utterly avoidable.

For all of Huws faults and in the interest of balance, surely that's more down to the management of Carlos Carvalhal? He had a squad capable of staying up as shown by the wins against Liverpool / Arsenal but he unfortunately lost his nerve and started going to a flat back 5 when we were susceptible to set pieces&sloppiness. Attack would have been our best form of defence.

This Swansea City squad on 10:40 - Jan 25 with 1052 viewsonehunglow

This Swansea City squad on 10:20 - Jan 25 by Chief

For all of Huws faults and in the interest of balance, surely that's more down to the management of Carlos Carvalhal? He had a squad capable of staying up as shown by the wins against Liverpool / Arsenal but he unfortunately lost his nerve and started going to a flat back 5 when we were susceptible to set pieces&sloppiness. Attack would have been our best form of defence.

CC was partly to blame but it was a situation that should never have arisen. We were ,to all intents and purposes ,relatively safe;where CC went wrong IMO was not dealing with the shythouses like Ki would simply downed tools and lost interest.

Players clearly couldn't wait to get out whereas the likes of Norwich kept their players.

Either way,it hurts still,or it does me anyway .Some like Res didnt feel we belonged anyway and never saw as as having a right-as fans-to be at the top table.

We had done incredible work to get there and consolidate and to have fallen like that is something that should remain unforgivable.

This Swansea City squad on 10:49 - Jan 25 with 1043 views34dfgdf54

This Swansea City squad on 10:16 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

To be honest though, even if we stayed up that season which we should have, the same problems would have remained, Jenkins would be still in his DOF role spending god knows what on god knows who, the financial issues would be getting more even out of control with each passing year.

It was time for the big reset looking back.
This Swansea City squad on 10:54 - Jan 25 with 1030 viewsonehunglow

This Swansea City squad on 10:49 - Jan 25 by 34dfgdf54

To be honest though, even if we stayed up that season which we should have, the same problems would have remained, Jenkins would be still in his DOF role spending god knows what on god knows who, the financial issues would be getting more even out of control with each passing year.

It was time for the big reset looking back.

MIGHT Blaine,might.

We MIGHT have been bought out by a conglomerate with real funds that could have made us eclipse our dear Capital cousins forever and had welsh kids eshewing Liverpool ,Manc,Chelsea shirts for all times seeing Swansea City as their team of choice.

This is the bitterest of truths and we all find ways of dealing with it. KIt will take a long long time and should not be forgotten especially the manager ,owners and players of that time.

This Swansea City squad on 12:04 - Jan 25 with 988 views34dfgdf54

This Swansea City squad on 10:54 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

MIGHT Blaine,might.

We MIGHT have been bought out by a conglomerate with real funds that could have made us eclipse our dear Capital cousins forever and had welsh kids eshewing Liverpool ,Manc,Chelsea shirts for all times seeing Swansea City as their team of choice.

This is the bitterest of truths and we all find ways of dealing with it. KIt will take a long long time and should not be forgotten especially the manager ,owners and players of that time.

I suppose we can look at Southampton now who stayed up instead of us and are thriving so you never know.

I just think Jenkins was here, CC would have been kept on and it would have been another year of struggling and panic buying in Janaury.

Will never know for sure though as you said.
This Swansea City squad on 12:09 - Jan 25 with 976 viewsonehunglow

This Swansea City squad on 12:04 - Jan 25 by 34dfgdf54

I suppose we can look at Southampton now who stayed up instead of us and are thriving so you never know.

I just think Jenkins was here, CC would have been kept on and it would have been another year of struggling and panic buying in Janaury.

Will never know for sure though as you said.

True enough mate.

Soton have great owners and we might have had if Jenkins had done the right thing and sourced suitable buyers.

This Swansea City squad on 12:16 - Jan 25 with 973 viewsReslovenSwan1

This Swansea City squad on 23:14 - Jan 24 by dobjack2

He created cash flow problems- understatement of the century.

Regrettably as usual you are condescending towards people who don’t share your opinions.

When you don’t try defending Jenkins and the current owners or have a go at the trust you are capable of making good points to discuss, e.g.about Hughton and the mess that the Forest squad is in. It’s consistent with teams that chop and change managers without having an overall style of playing or recruitment.

For example after Colin and Harris I don’t think that Mick McCachau will have a squad that doesn’t understand big at the back, big up front hoof it up and kick everyone in between.

I’m no lover of our current owners, I can only assume that they didn’t realise what they were investing in and thought Jenkins was a genius. However once they got rid of him and appointed competent chairmen they have done what any sensible football club owner should do and that is to try run a club on a cash neutral business.

Not everyone agrees with that, but it is the only way to survive in my opinion.

The current owners are delighted owning this club currently and they realised HJ and co sold it to them at a significant discount with several young players in the system bringing in £51m to date .

As they found their way they have realised the Swansea club can make them a fortune. They have brought in their buddy to share the load. (no point asking the Limeys/ Jacks ). The asset is sweating nicely under 'non negotiable' Cooper who has dispensed with the non performers. Asoro is currently eating Ice cream in Genoa but at least the italians are paying for it.

If they can get Swansea over the line they stand to make a cool £70m PROFIT on selling the club. Even more if the reckless people of Trust go to court. Settle out of court at 2016 price and make another £21m.

People told the members that the US people would never invest (wrong), that they would asset strip (wrong) close the academy (wrong) and flip the club in a fast track sale (wrong). They were only interest in quick profits (wrong).

21% of Burnley was sold for £42m. There is no nice way of describing a Trust member who runs down the club and supports suing to recover £12-14m from a potentially £42m asset. There realy are no excuses left for the members. Inflation kills all that ignore it.

This Swansea City squad on 12:21 - Jan 25 with 968 viewsChief

This Swansea City squad on 12:16 - Jan 25 by ReslovenSwan1

The current owners are delighted owning this club currently and they realised HJ and co sold it to them at a significant discount with several young players in the system bringing in £51m to date .

As they found their way they have realised the Swansea club can make them a fortune. They have brought in their buddy to share the load. (no point asking the Limeys/ Jacks ). The asset is sweating nicely under 'non negotiable' Cooper who has dispensed with the non performers. Asoro is currently eating Ice cream in Genoa but at least the italians are paying for it.

If they can get Swansea over the line they stand to make a cool £70m PROFIT on selling the club. Even more if the reckless people of Trust go to court. Settle out of court at 2016 price and make another £21m.

People told the members that the US people would never invest (wrong), that they would asset strip (wrong) close the academy (wrong) and flip the club in a fast track sale (wrong). They were only interest in quick profits (wrong).

21% of Burnley was sold for £42m. There is no nice way of describing a Trust member who runs down the club and supports suing to recover £12-14m from a potentially £42m asset. There realy are no excuses left for the members. Inflation kills all that ignore it.

Deciding to again ignore some key points though aren't you??

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024