Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good bye to Mr and Mr then 13:59 - Feb 14 with 3646 viewsonehunglow

I see Labour shadow culture minister looking to get rid of Mr and Mr as titles suggesting Mx used

That would be a letter to you from HMDC

MX Jones/Davies/Williams

How can people take these people seriously

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 10:14 - Feb 15 with 1739 viewsonehunglow

Well,should we get rid of Mr and Mrs?

This is a serious suggestion from a front bench Labour MP.

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 11:25 - Feb 15 with 1710 viewsCatullus

I want my title to be "Human person with male sex organs" I do not identify as Mx and will be offended if they refer to me as such.

Just when you think the world couldn't get any madder, along comes a politician with another loopy idea.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 11:56 - Feb 15 with 1692 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Link?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 12:39 - Feb 15 with 1670 viewsonehunglow

I don’t do links Joe.just look up Alex Sobel.
This is Labour s future then.

My eyes

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 13:35 - Feb 15 with 1641 viewsCatullus

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 11:56 - Feb 15 by Joe_bradshaw

Link?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9258383/Labour-shadow-minister-says-Mx-

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 13:38 - Feb 15 with 1640 viewsCatullus

The story says he wants to do away with single sex changing rooms too, and women who object are bigots.

Surely nobody is stupid enough to even think that never mind say it out loud! Or maybe that's where the world is headed and I'm just a dinosaur.

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 14:00 - Feb 15 with 1627 viewsonehunglow

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 13:38 - Feb 15 by Catullus

The story says he wants to do away with single sex changing rooms too, and women who object are bigots.

Surely nobody is stupid enough to even think that never mind say it out loud! Or maybe that's where the world is headed and I'm just a dinosaur.

You'd be surprised Cat.

I cannot fathom as to where we are going a a society.

Someone will always be offended on behalf of somebody else.

Offence is everywhere

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 15:23 - Feb 15 with 1609 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

As long as these idiots continue to be selected by Labour, the Conservatives have free reign over this country for the foreseeable future.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 15:30 - Feb 15 with 1603 viewsKeithHaynes

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 10:14 - Feb 15 by onehunglow

Well,should we get rid of Mr and Mrs?

This is a serious suggestion from a front bench Labour MP.

I’ll call myself what I want, I don’t need some govt pallbearer to tell me.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 16:38 - Feb 15 with 1557 viewsonehunglow

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 15:30 - Feb 15 by KeithHaynes

Well pretty soon,you won't have that choice.You really could be addressed as such,like it or not.

I have not seen any labour stalwart on here have the guts to stand by this proposed policy.

There will more more too,if Labour ,as I expect wins the next election.

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 17:33 - Feb 15 with 1544 viewsCatullus

Can I call you what I want too then?

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 19:18 - Feb 15 with 1517 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 16:38 - Feb 15 by onehunglow

Well pretty soon,you won't have that choice.You really could be addressed as such,like it or not.

I have not seen any labour stalwart on here have the guts to stand by this proposed policy.

"Pretty soon"

It's a left wing loon. It will never become Labour policy and they won't win the next election in 2024 and will struggle to win the one after that in 2029.

I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist over something that will never happen.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 19:37 - Feb 15 with 1506 viewsonehunglow

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 19:18 - Feb 15 by Joe_bradshaw

"Pretty soon"

It's a left wing loon. It will never become Labour policy and they won't win the next election in 2024 and will struggle to win the one after that in 2029.

I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist over something that will never happen.

Knickers .
Now that's a really dirty word

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 21:53 - Feb 15 with 1479 viewsGwyn737

It does seem to be going a bit far for me.

I think it’s respectful if someone requests you to use particular pronouns for them you do - I appreciate when people introduce themselves by saying “my pronouns are...”. I’ve no issue with that.

I don’t think that adding the large number of ‘genders’ out there is particularly useful and I have a big problem that someone is punished in some way by making a mistake with somebody’s preferred title.
Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 22:19 - Feb 15 with 1469 viewsDr_Parnassus

Tip of the iceberg.

Woman is now seen as a sexist term by many who choose to write womxn. Also see latinx instead of Latino.

In California every company has to have one director who is from a minority, including sexuality. Could you imagine a day where we would be getting or denied jobs not on ability but on who we are attracted to? Madness.

In Canada you can go to prison (although most likely heavily fined) for misgendering someone - using a pronoun appropriate to their biological sex as opposed to how they personally identify.

It’s sweeping the world.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 22:26 - Feb 15 with 1463 viewsGwyn737

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 22:19 - Feb 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Tip of the iceberg.

Woman is now seen as a sexist term by many who choose to write womxn. Also see latinx instead of Latino.

In California every company has to have one director who is from a minority, including sexuality. Could you imagine a day where we would be getting or denied jobs not on ability but on who we are attracted to? Madness.

In Canada you can go to prison (although most likely heavily fined) for misgendering someone - using a pronoun appropriate to their biological sex as opposed to how they personally identify.

It’s sweeping the world.

Stephen Fry talks brilliantly on political correctness :

This over 20 minutes long but we’ll worth it.

I don’t like the word ‘woke’ and don’t think it’s always used properly. What worries me is that people with good intentions are being labelled because of the words they use.

Forcing people to use language hides their intent and also they’re proper feelings. It’s one of the reasons I post on this board is the range of opinions and it’s a relatively safe space to exchange views.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 22:50]
Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 03:10 - Feb 16 with 1408 viewsHighjack

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 15:23 - Feb 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As long as these idiots continue to be selected by Labour, the Conservatives have free reign over this country for the foreseeable future.

This is definitely true. The last few years have shown we desperately need a viable alternative to the bungling Tories and their seemingly bottomless pit of incompetence.

Labour ain’t it. Imagine being one of the freaks that go around at election time trying to peddle this lots nonsense. You’d have more doors slammed in your face than black rod. Unless they have another plan up their sleeves:

Constituent: “why should I vote labour?”

Freak: “because you’ll never again be called Mr in a letter.”

Constituent: “I don’t care about that”.

Freak: “We’ll apologise to the world for being bloody awful and send them lots of money.”

Constituent: “that sounds like an awful idea”

Freak: “you’ll be able to see lots of tits in the local swimming baths changing rooms including Mx Simmonds who lives next door, she goes swimming every Tuesday at 11AM.”

Constituent “you’ve got my vote”.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 05:31 - Feb 16 with 1393 viewsKeithHaynes

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 17:33 - Feb 15 by Catullus

Can I call you what I want too then?

Every day 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 07:14 - Feb 16 with 1382 viewsCatullus

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 05:31 - Feb 16 by KeithHaynes

Every day 😉

OK then, here I go....I won't hold back....you're a jolly decent chap

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 16:00 - Feb 16 with 1325 viewsjack_lord

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 16:38 - Feb 15 by onehunglow

I think your time would be better spent looking at the party in government. You may find some alarming occurrences. Unless you find the behaviour, so often highlighted in the press, ok.
There are Labour MP's who are completely off the scale and, in my opinion not fit for office but compared to the likes of Jacob Rees Mogg are better equipped for their constituency and office.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 16:13 - Feb 16 with 1325 viewsonehunglow

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 16:00 - Feb 16 by jack_lord

I think your time would be better spent looking at the party in government. You may find some alarming occurrences. Unless you find the behaviour, so often highlighted in the press, ok.
There are Labour MP's who are completely off the scale and, in my opinion not fit for office but compared to the likes of Jacob Rees Mogg are better equipped for their constituency and office.

I think you should look at things through independent eyes.

This proposal is madness.

Labour are not perfect

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 17:38 - Feb 16 with 1282 viewslondonlisa2001

The proposal, of course, doesn’t say what is being claimed and is causing the ‘outrage’ on this thread.

I often think people would get less worked up if only they could read.

The suggestion is that forms include Mx as an alternative to the already established titles. Presumably since people that don’t identify as either Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss etc etc also wish to call themselves what they want.

Can’t see why it would remotely bother anybody unaffected.
Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 17:43 - Feb 16 with 1274 viewslondonlisa2001

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 15:23 - Feb 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Speaking of idiots, hopefully whoever it is that’s in charge will have free rein over improving the teaching of English. The phrase is referring to a horse not the monarch...
Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 17:46 - Feb 16 with 1293 viewsonehunglow

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 17:38 - Feb 16 by londonlisa2001

The proposal, of course, doesn’t say what is being claimed and is causing the ‘outrage’ on this thread.

I often think people would get less worked up if only they could read.

The suggestion is that forms include Mx as an alternative to the already established titles. Presumably since people that don’t identify as either Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss etc etc also wish to call themselves what they want.

Can’t see why it would remotely bother anybody unaffected.

Hello Lisa.
Outrage is your word not mine.
You seem to be defending this bizarre suggestion and bizarre it is as it is also unnecessary.

Just how did we get to this situation in life when hitherto,both you ,mine and millions of others are quite happy with Mr and Mrs. To suggest Mx is somehow more apposite or worthy is quite incredible.We do not need this.
The world faces far greater challenges and seems to many to have its priorities skewed.

Finally,if the Conservatives had suggested this,there would be ridicule on an epic scale.

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 17:54 - Feb 16 with 1272 viewslondonlisa2001

Good bye to Mr and Mr then on 22:19 - Feb 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Tip of the iceberg.

It’s sweeping the world.

“ Could you imagine a day where we would be getting or denied jobs not on ability but on who we are attracted to? Madness.”

Indeed. The number of places that still ban the recruitment of gay people is unbelievable in the 21st century. Some States in the US in particular are shocking in this regard.

Mike Pence’s wife, as an example, works for a school that bans gay employees.

Even in the UK there are jobs you cannot be appointed to if you are gay. I assume that’s what you were referring to?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024