Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfield 17:47 - Feb 20 with 3000 views34dfgdf54

I'm beating the same drum over and over but this midfield is woefully short of genuine legs. We are carrying Hourihane and Fulton looks like the games have caught up with him, we cannot compete and it was the same Wednesday.

The loss of Gibbs White despite not playing much will be a massive blow.

This result has been coming for weeks. The lack of rotation will come back to haunt us, my hope for Wednesday is the effort Coventry put in today will leave them as knackered as us. This team is out on it's feet.
Midfield on 18:00 - Feb 20 with 1550 viewsNotLoyal

We have numerous permutations. Smith, Manning ( where he should be ) Grimes was lost second half today. Needs to be a captain, or hand it on. Hourihane, Manning, Smith, Fulton on weds.
Fiat back four
Two up top, well it won't be Morris.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Midfield on 18:02 - Feb 20 with 1545 viewsWhiterockin

Smith should play more often than he does.
Midfield on 18:06 - Feb 20 with 1532 viewsDr_Winston

Ryan Manning has made seven league appearances this season, just three of them starts. To have a player of his quality available and use him so sparingly is a perfect example of somewhere we could do better.

There shouldn't be a single player in the squad certain of his place in the team. Currently we've got about seven or eight of them. That needs to change.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 18:08]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Midfield on 18:09 - Feb 20 with 1505 viewsonehunglow

Yep and that is down to manager.
I might have aid before our players have been flogged to death .Now with Morris out,Ayew and Lowe are really in danger of going to the knacker yard. Cooper could and should have rotated .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Midfield on 18:10 - Feb 20 with 1515 viewsFireboy2

Midfield on 18:02 - Feb 20 by Whiterockin

If it was closer today he would have come on.

Surely he will start on Wednesday as we need his energy, something our midfield is sadly missing.
Midfield on 18:12 - Feb 20 with 1506 views34dfgdf54

Midfield on 18:00 - Feb 20 by NotLoyal

We have numerous permutations. Smith, Manning ( where he should be ) Grimes was lost second half today. Needs to be a captain, or hand it on. Hourihane, Manning, Smith, Fulton on weds.
Fiat back four
Two up top, well it won't be Morris.

We can't change formation imo, we looked wide open Wednesday despite the winner.
Midfield on 18:30 - Feb 20 with 1468 viewsjasper_T

Midfield on 18:02 - Feb 20 by Whiterockin

He was playing all the time before he got injured.
Midfield on 18:37 - Feb 20 with 1445 viewsKilkennyjack

The midfield that got us promoted included both Leon and Joey.

Not sure its fair to compare Fulton and Grimes.
They have done very well this season without a doubt, but they are not premier league class tbh.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Midfield on 18:42 - Feb 20 with 1430 viewsTreforys_Jack

Some great points on this thread, Smith had a really sluggish start in a Swansea shirt but was playing really well when he got dropped. He's a starter for me, Hourihane has upset our balance without a doubt yet his dead ball execution is top notch. Manning needs a run in the side without a doubt. Cooper going to be earning his salary over the next few weeks, games coming thick and fast.
Midfield on 18:46 - Feb 20 with 1409 viewsOptimisticJack

Midfield on 18:42 - Feb 20 by Treforys_Jack

Some great points on this thread, Smith had a really sluggish start in a Swansea shirt but was playing really well when he got dropped. He's a starter for me, Hourihane has upset our balance without a doubt yet his dead ball execution is top notch. Manning needs a run in the side without a doubt. Cooper going to be earning his salary over the next few weeks, games coming thick and fast.

Smith was injured not dropped I believe.
The Forest game was his first match back.

Optimisticjack

Midfield on 18:46 - Feb 20 with 1408 views34dfgdf54

Midfield on 18:42 - Feb 20 by Treforys_Jack

He’ll stick with same side Wednesday apart from dropping Grimes for Smith. Obviously Cabango in for Bennett if he’s injured aswell.
Midfield on 18:49 - Feb 20 with 1399 viewskrunchykarrot

Midfield on 18:46 - Feb 20 by 34dfgdf54

He’ll stick with same side Wednesday apart from dropping Grimes for Smith. Obviously Cabango in for Bennett if he’s injured aswell.

I agree Risca, i replied on another post but you are spot on. My biggest concern at the moment though is Lowe what is going on there. We cannot have AA CH and Lowe in the same team at the minute.
Midfield on 18:56 - Feb 20 with 1387 views34dfgdf54

Midfield on 18:49 - Feb 20 by krunchykarrot

I agree Risca, i replied on another post but you are spot on. My biggest concern at the moment though is Lowe what is going on there. We cannot have AA CH and Lowe in the same team at the minute.

Mentioned it on match thread Lowe looks awful at the moment, touch shocking and genuinely feels as if he’s lost a few yards of pace over a few weeks.

Probably shattered from the work he’s put in to be fair, don’t want to speak to harshly of him as I’m a big fan, Morris should have started today, the injury is a sickening blow for him and us.
Midfield on 19:35 - Feb 20 with 1322 viewsonehunglow

Midfield on 18:56 - Feb 20 by 34dfgdf54

Mentioned it on match thread Lowe looks awful at the moment, touch shocking and genuinely feels as if he’s lost a few yards of pace over a few weeks.

Probably shattered from the work he’s put in to be fair, don’t want to speak to harshly of him as I’m a big fan, Morris should have started today, the injury is a sickening blow for him and us.

Shattered is right.
This kid has been worked to death and it's shameful.That's the truth.

He could have been rested more as is certainly the cae with AA .Young players will always be wanting to play but need to be protected from themelves.
Cooper has not

Midfield on 19:36 - Feb 20 with 1324 viewsCatullus

Midfield on 18:56 - Feb 20 by 34dfgdf54

If we only had one game most weeks we could pick the same team over and over but with so many games coming, 2 a week and games in hand to catch up it's worn the players down. We need to roatate more.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Midfield on 19:51 - Feb 20 with 1304 views34dfgdf54

Midfield on 19:36 - Feb 20 by Catullus

If we only had one game most weeks we could pick the same team over and over but with so many games coming, 2 a week and games in hand to catch up it's worn the players down. We need to roatate more.

“If you’re tired you need to get on with it”

He has no interest in rotation but we’ll see Wednesday. With the effort Coventry put in today I’ll be hoping they are shattered aswell.
Midfield on 20:15 - Feb 20 with 1263 viewsonehunglow

Midfield on 19:51 - Feb 20 by 34dfgdf54

“If you’re tired you need to get on with it”

He has no interest in rotation but we’ll see Wednesday. With the effort Coventry put in today I’ll be hoping they are shattered aswell.

It could be said he has no interest in his players welfare which stinks.

He clearly should not have burned out Lowe ,as is obvious and Ayew too. Now we have no choice but to pick them.Nice work Steve.

I would also like to see Hamer be given a chance and we might see our keeper dive for a hot instead of literally standing still and watching the ball ROLL into the net.

It is staggering and sickening.

Midfield on 21:24 - Feb 20 with 1212 viewsBadlands

As long as Hourihane scores Cooper won't drop him, Cooper is also unlikely to drop Grimes or Woodman.
Lowe looked way off today but works hard and could just have been an off day.
Wednesday I'd send out a warning to players

Hamer
.........Cabango Bennett Guhei
Roberts......................... Manning
..Arriola ....Hourihane...... Fulton
.......Ayew .........Lowe / Routledge

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Midfield on 21:27 - Feb 20 with 1204 viewsFireboy2

Midfield on 21:24 - Feb 20 by Badlands

As long as Hourihane scores Cooper won't drop him, Cooper is also unlikely to drop Grimes or Woodman.
Lowe looked way off today but works hard and could just have been an off day.
Wednesday I'd send out a warning to players

Hamer
.........Cabango Bennett Guhei
Roberts......................... Manning
..Arriola ....Hourihane...... Fulton
.......Ayew .........Lowe / Routledge

Bennett is doubtful and routledge is still injured.

I'd get Smith straight back in there
Midfield on 21:44 - Feb 20 with 1187 viewsswancity

Midfield on 18:06 - Feb 20 by Dr_Winston

Ryan Manning has made seven league appearances this season, just three of them starts. To have a player of his quality available and use him so sparingly is a perfect example of somewhere we could do better.

There shouldn't be a single player in the squad certain of his place in the team. Currently we've got about seven or eight of them. That needs to change.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 18:08]

There’s a valid and good reason that Manning has t played much so far and that’s Bidwells excellent form throughout the season. Today that outstanding form didn’t materialise but it was an off day for the team. Not one of them scored more than a 6 today (out of 10). Most considerably lower.

And all teams doing well will have many regulars in their starting X1. That’s quite obvious isn’t it. The players have shown a high level of consistency although we looked a bit ragged today. Even the basics of defending well, marking, staying with runners, movement off the ball. I can’t put my finger on it. Complacency may be?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Midfield on 21:51 - Feb 20 with 1177 viewsCatullus

Midfield on 21:44 - Feb 20 by swancity

There’s a valid and good reason that Manning has t played much so far and that’s Bidwells excellent form throughout the season. Today that outstanding form didn’t materialise but it was an off day for the team. Not one of them scored more than a 6 today (out of 10). Most considerably lower.

And all teams doing well will have many regulars in their starting X1. That’s quite obvious isn’t it. The players have shown a high level of consistency although we looked a bit ragged today. Even the basics of defending well, marking, staying with runners, movement off the ball. I can’t put my finger on it. Complacency may be?

Having a fairly settled team is a good thing, I don't really condone rotation for the sake of it BUT when players are clearly worn down they need a rest. Sometimes it's physical, sometimes it's mental, every now and then it's both.
Cooper needs to give players a reak now and then and to use subs more, specially as we are allowed 5.
Keeping the same 11 on the pitch and having them play every minute is a recipe for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Unless he changes tack on that we'll see more poor results and probably more injuries too. Not all Players are like Roberts, can apparently keep going at top speed all the time.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Midfield on 23:36 - Feb 20 with 1106 viewsswancity

Midfield on 21:51 - Feb 20 by Catullus

Having a fairly settled team is a good thing, I don't really condone rotation for the sake of it BUT when players are clearly worn down they need a rest. Sometimes it's physical, sometimes it's mental, every now and then it's both.
Cooper needs to give players a reak now and then and to use subs more, specially as we are allowed 5.
Keeping the same 11 on the pitch and having them play every minute is a recipe for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Unless he changes tack on that we'll see more poor results and probably more injuries too. Not all Players are like Roberts, can apparently keep going at top speed all the time.

players are clearly worn down “

I don’t know if that is the case. That’s an assumption. Or a guess even. Most players will tell you that they prefer to be playing and that adrenaline will get them over the line. Im sure that their fitness levels are being monitored carefully and discussed. As for worn out I think not. Carrying a niggling injury maybe eg Bennett but that’s another matter.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Midfield on 23:52 - Feb 20 with 1086 viewsFireboy2

Midfield on 23:36 - Feb 20 by swancity

players are clearly worn down “

I don’t know if that is the case. That’s an assumption. Or a guess even. Most players will tell you that they prefer to be playing and that adrenaline will get them over the line. Im sure that their fitness levels are being monitored carefully and discussed. As for worn out I think not. Carrying a niggling injury maybe eg Bennett but that’s another matter.

I'd say you are correct especially from the championship down but most players don't see that they get tired, they think that they are doing a good job but its upto the management team to identify this and rest them accordingly plus we as fans see it ain matches as we get to know how certain players perform.
Midfield on 01:47 - Feb 21 with 1046 viewsBadlands

Midfield on 21:27 - Feb 20 by Fireboy2

Bennett is doubtful and routledge is still injured.

I'd get Smith straight back in there

Forgot about Routs.
Bennett 'felt a calf'!!
Looked like he just didn't fancy it today.
For me Cabango has to be our first choice CB but I think Cooper will drop him every opportunity he can.

Agree about Smith

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Midfield on 08:48 - Feb 21 with 986 viewsangryjack

Midfield on 01:47 - Feb 21 by Badlands

Forgot about Routs.
Bennett 'felt a calf'!!
Looked like he just didn't fancy it today.
For me Cabango has to be our first choice CB but I think Cooper will drop him every opportunity he can.

Agree about Smith

Sorry but cabango is OK .nothing more.looks lost on times can't move his feet quick enough..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024