Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home Rule 10:49 - Feb 28 with 15581 viewsCatullus

Drakeford wants it, devo max, go Federal, whatever you want to call it. His speech said a lot but was very light on detail. It was full of optimistic generalisations without saying much at all.
It is obvious now why the Labour party wanted to give the vote to 16/17 year olds, they are targettting them at the next election with this home rule demand because they know young people are more likley to support it, or independence.
This change in the voting laws was nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with tilting the vote in their favour but maybe it'll backfire and those youngsters will vote Plaid?

That aside, whn will we hear details? When will Drakeford give us the opportunity to weight up his plans?
He has also said more than once he won't serve a full term if he wins, that most likely means we'll have Gething foisted on us...from frying pan into the fire then. Can we vote for a party when we know the leader isn't interested in doing the term? Certainly people didn't like it when we had Bojo foisted on us, plenty said we didn'tvote for him and said it wasn't democratic.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Home Rule on 01:30 - Mar 3 with 918 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 22:06 - Mar 2 by Catullus

It wasn't alwasy Scottish, nor Orkney, they were Viking strongholds once. I wonder how Kilk would feel about them being held prisoner by Scotland?

The people who live there should decide.
Its a UN thing called self determination.

People on here would make the case for London to allow them to vote, or not.
Sounds mad, right ?

Beware of the Risen People

Home Rule on 08:41 - Mar 3 with 867 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 00:29 - Mar 3 by Jack59

I suspect that the percentage of UK over 65's in sheltered and care homes is considerably higher than a number of those countries. Similarly, has our NHS for many years, been more successful than our European neighbours, in extending the lives of thousands of frail and vulnerable people with health issues.
Did the UK have the highest percentage of the demographic that was to be most at risk from the virus ?

What isnt said is that Wales has the highest number of over 80s and highest number of 65s yet people on here dont accept that it would be expected Wales would have higher death rates even though 55% of deaths come in over 80s and 94% are in over 60s. Some claim the reason is BAME but interestingly Cardiff the authority with the highest BAME rate in Wales 20% has a death rate of 220.1 as against Merthyr Tydfil 2% as against a death rate of 344. Similarly Swansea 243 has a lower death than Neath Port Talbot 319 yet has a far higher ethnic rate. Newport which has the second highest ethnicity rate in Wales has a far lower death rate than Blaenau Gwent.
Home Rule on 09:29 - Mar 3 with 844 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Home Rule on 08:41 - Mar 3 by exhmrc1

What isnt said is that Wales has the highest number of over 80s and highest number of 65s yet people on here dont accept that it would be expected Wales would have higher death rates even though 55% of deaths come in over 80s and 94% are in over 60s. Some claim the reason is BAME but interestingly Cardiff the authority with the highest BAME rate in Wales 20% has a death rate of 220.1 as against Merthyr Tydfil 2% as against a death rate of 344. Similarly Swansea 243 has a lower death than Neath Port Talbot 319 yet has a far higher ethnic rate. Newport which has the second highest ethnicity rate in Wales has a far lower death rate than Blaenau Gwent.

A bit of a myth

Both England and Wales have 18% of the population over 65.
Over 85 it is 2% in England 2.5% in Wales very little duff

Wales has only 4% of its population in the BAME GROUP England has 14% of its population in the BAME GROUPS With those facts Wales death rate should be far lower than England and probably similar to NI and Scotland

Death rates in UK pet 100,000 since start of pandemic
Wales 234
England 214
Scotland 170
Ni 145

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Home Rule on 10:19 - Mar 3 with 838 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 09:29 - Mar 3 by felixstowe_jack

A bit of a myth

Wales has only 4% of its population in the BAME GROUP England has 14% of its population in the BAME GROUPS With those facts Wales death rate should be far lower than England and probably similar to NI and Scotland

Wales 234
England 214
Scotland 170
Ni 145

Only 4% .
Seems in that case many posting anti racist posts will have no idea as to what living in an area 90% BAME is all about.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Home Rule on 10:34 - Mar 3 with 835 viewsBoundy

Home Rule on 10:19 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

Only 4% .
Seems in that case many posting anti racist posts will have no idea as to what living in an area 90% BAME is all about.

Another of many reasons why we have such a large disproportionate elderly population is we're allowed to keep more of the family jewels before that nice tax man can take his cut, free prescriptions , lower housing costs ( but on the rise pricing out locals at an alarming rate ) but as one poster commented we're all greedy so that's ok.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Home Rule on 10:37 - Mar 3 with 833 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 10:34 - Mar 3 by Boundy

Another of many reasons why we have such a large disproportionate elderly population is we're allowed to keep more of the family jewels before that nice tax man can take his cut, free prescriptions , lower housing costs ( but on the rise pricing out locals at an alarming rate ) but as one poster commented we're all greedy so that's ok.

Quite where do think free prescriptions come from. Like all other public it comes from taxes. Just sums up your nonsense.
Home Rule on 10:55 - Mar 3 with 830 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 10:37 - Mar 3 by exhmrc1

Quite where do think free prescriptions come from. Like all other public it comes from taxes. Just sums up your nonsense.

I'll have to agree that nothing is actually free but if you live in England and pay tax AND for your scripts Wales looks better.
We have cheaper housing, cheaper prices generally than the South East so for an older person Wales is attractive. It's why so mnay retire here from England.
Sell a house in London and you can get just as nice a house in Wales for less than half the price.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Home Rule on 10:59 - Mar 3 with 829 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 10:34 - Mar 3 by Boundy

Biggest outrage is people having to sell their homes they ve lived in all their married life to pay for care by someone earning minimum wage.

You could be sleeping in the next bed to someone who never paid anything in their lives for anything and has been kept by the State.

Old people are easy targets and are dumped by many families as too much trouble.It shames us all.

Login to get fewer ads

Home Rule on 11:07 - Mar 3 with 827 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 20:43 - Mar 2 by Kilkennyjack

Well a successful trading bloc is a good thing.

More business, more competition, more jobs, more money to spend, more tax take, more investment in security, healthcare, education, and social care. Better life opportunities for all.

Only the thick would want to be alone on an island, and looking backwards to empire instead of forwards towards the Information Age.

Vaccine success cant bring back the 120,000 UK citizens already dead under Johnsons watch.
Every nation on the EU has done better than the UK.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 20:44]

Jobs, prosperity....you think the Eu gives thta to everyone do you? Right now the experts think UK unemployment will peak at 7.75% this year. Take a trip to Spain and they are hoping it will fall from 19% to around 17%, in Greece they expect it to average 17.6%, in Italy it's expected to be around 11.6%.. In Germany it's currently around 5.8% and they are the economic powerhouse of the EU, in France it's ovwr 8%.

So of those names only Germany is better than the UK. The EU unemployment rate as a whole is given as 8.3% so worse than the UK.

Only the thick make statements like the one you made without even checking the facts first.

Or hang on, we can all be thick from time to time so maybe it's more a case of a Europhile still telling lies to promote the EU and being willingly blind to the truth?

Home Rule on 11:08 - Mar 3 with 820 viewspencoedjack

Home Rule on 09:29 - Mar 3 by felixstowe_jack

A bit of a myth

Wales 234
England 214
Scotland 170
Ni 145

A nice factual post that will be missed by the the usual labour/indy loving suspects.
Home Rule on 11:40 - Mar 3 with 825 viewsBoundy

Home Rule on 10:37 - Mar 3 by exhmrc1

Now that I've got your attention when are you going to explain why Wales after 20+ years of labour rule is still is the poor relation .

Home Rule on 12:36 - Mar 3 with 801 viewsBoundy

Home Rule on 10:59 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

Biggest outrage is people having to sell their homes they ve lived in all their married life to pay for care by someone earning minimum wage.

You could be sleeping in the next bed to someone who never paid anything in their lives for anything and has been kept by the State.

Old people are easy targets and are dumped by many families as too much trouble.It shames us all.

Totally agree, my mum in law passed away last year, and the total cost for her care came to over 100k so that's was my wife's and sister in laws inheritance gone .The state want you to save for a private pension which is taxed at source then taxed again, meanwhile I know many who haven't worked a legitimate days work in the life , protected by the state no ambition no social conscious

Home Rule on 12:37 - Mar 3 with 800 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 11:40 - Mar 3 by Boundy

Now that I've got your attention when are you going to explain why Wales after 20+ years of labour rule is still is the poor relation .

Britain has mostly moved on apart from Wales,Liverpool,Newcastle and Brum.

Most have seen through the lie that Labour gives a fork anymore than the Conservatives .

It is why class war is essential to their narrative

It is why so many get out of Wales to escape then having made money think of moving back to then extols the virtues of a land they left to get a abetted life

It s why so many punters here live outside Wales

Home Rule on 13:00 - Mar 3 with 785 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 11:40 - Mar 3 by Boundy

There are no end of reasons why Wales fares worse and it if far too complex to go through that here. Unadequate funding from the UK governments. Many dont think the Barnett funding adequately funds Wales. There are historic issues in the Valleys that could spend a book on alone. Things like movement of people and lack of ambition add to it. There isnt a simple answer to one factor alone.

If you just look at the covid death rates for Wales alone you will see a huge divide.
Valleys Areas
Neath Port Talbot 319
Rhondda Cynon Taff 355
Blaenau Gwent 302

Compared with City Areas
Cardiff 220
Newport 240
Swansea 243

There is often a lack of ambition in some areas where people have lived with families who have been on benefits for years. We had a guy working years ago as a casual with is for a year and he was really good. His term was coming to an end and wasnt going to get renewed because of funding. I suggested to him he looked elsewhere and his response was he would go benefits like his father.

Merthyr Tydfil as a whole didnt have a single student go to Cambridge for 6 years yet Gower College had 8 go this year and many every other year. There is a lack of ambition.

There is also issues with transport with many having to travel to work longer distances. That is another factor.

It just doesnt come down to devolution. It has gone on long before that under different parties.
Home Rule on 13:02 - Mar 3 with 784 viewsonehunglow

The historic issue is voting Labour

Home Rule on 13:03 - Mar 3 with 784 viewsBoundy

Home Rule on 12:37 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

Britain has mostly moved on apart from Wales,Liverpool,Newcastle and Brum.

Most have seen through the lie that Labour gives a fork anymore than the Conservatives .

It is why class war is essential to their narrative

It is why so many get out of Wales to escape then having made money think of moving back to then extols the virtues of a land they left to get a abetted life

It s why so many punters here live outside Wales

We've become a land of no ambition or job prospects for our young , a place for the old to retire to , buying second home or first home properties because they were fortunate to keep their wealth created elsewhere but impacting greatly on the indigenous population to the extent that many are still living at their parents home with little prospect of a job or a home of their own.

According to property portal Zoopla, in England the current average value of a house is £320,757 compared to the Wales average of £199,113, 199 K I'm working with decent paying job and I couldn't afford that . This pandemic will have opened the eyes of many employers/employees who have can now combine that with a new home far away from the big cities

Home Rule on 13:08 - Mar 3 with 780 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 13:03 - Mar 3 by Boundy

We've become a land of no ambition or job prospects for our young , a place for the old to retire to , buying second home or first home properties because they were fortunate to keep their wealth created elsewhere but impacting greatly on the indigenous population to the extent that many are still living at their parents home with little prospect of a job or a home of their own.

According to property portal Zoopla, in England the current average value of a house is £320,757 compared to the Wales average of £199,113, 199 K I'm working with decent paying job and I couldn't afford that . This pandemic will have opened the eyes of many employers/employees who have can now combine that with a new home far away from the big cities

Yep.Know many who have retired to Llandudno ,Rhyl,Portmadoc ,Mold, Corwen and Betws.

In many cases they have renovated derelict houses and employed local tradesmen so that s the upside.

I am offering no further comment as regards my beloved home town

Home Rule on 13:34 - Mar 3 with 759 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 13:00 - Mar 3 by exhmrc1

There are no end of reasons why Wales fares worse and it if far too complex to go through that here. Unadequate funding from the UK governments. Many dont think the Barnett funding adequately funds Wales. There are historic issues in the Valleys that could spend a book on alone. Things like movement of people and lack of ambition add to it. There isnt a simple answer to one factor alone.

If you just look at the covid death rates for Wales alone you will see a huge divide.
Valleys Areas
Neath Port Talbot 319
Rhondda Cynon Taff 355
Blaenau Gwent 302

Compared with City Areas
Cardiff 220
Newport 240
Swansea 243

There is often a lack of ambition in some areas where people have lived with families who have been on benefits for years. We had a guy working years ago as a casual with is for a year and he was really good. His term was coming to an end and wasnt going to get renewed because of funding. I suggested to him he looked elsewhere and his response was he would go benefits like his father.

Merthyr Tydfil as a whole didnt have a single student go to Cambridge for 6 years yet Gower College had 8 go this year and many every other year. There is a lack of ambition.

There is also issues with transport with many having to travel to work longer distances. That is another factor.

It just doesnt come down to devolution. It has gone on long before that under different parties.

The valleys do have historic problems but what have Labour done to help in over 20 years of devo? Things have actually gotten worse up the valleys.

It's always funding to blame, Wales doesn't get enough it's said. I'll have to repeat the fact then, that Wales gets more fundingper head than every region of England besides London. It's how the money is spent in Wales that causes problems. The valleys have suffered as much as the rest of Wales, outside Cardiff, from a lack of foresight and investment by a Cardiff centric Senedd.

NPT isn't all a valley area, most of NPT is close to the coast, right next to Swansea, that is just obfuscation. The big problem is in healtha wealth, hte poorest fared badly in the pandemic and so much of Wales is poorer because of Senedd policies. Most of Wales stagnates while Cardiff has billions lavished on it and the cancelling of the M4 project to be replaced by improved transport links around Cardiff is a disgrace.

When you say a lack of ambition do you understand that it's also a lack of hope. There are no decent jobs nearby in many valleys locations. The choice is either live on benefits or leave home. When you grow up with no hope it's easy to become apathetic.

I agree it dosn';t just come down to devolition, these problems were there before but that's not the point, the point is, what have the Senedd done to improve things? The answer is they haven't done anything much unless you live in Cardiff.
Any time anywhere in Wales gets something good, Cardiff soon gets it bigger and better even when the previously didn't want it. Take the Empire pool, knocked down and never replaced, not until Swansea got our own Olympic sized facility then Cardiff had to have one. Now with the redevelopment Swansea is getting a concert venue, soon after Cardiff announced it was getting a bigger concert venue.
You'd be forgiven for thinking Cradiff council had the Senedd in their pockets.

Home Rule on 14:38 - Mar 3 with 739 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 13:02 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

The historic issue is voting Labour

Is that the historic reason for Cornwall having the same problems. I wonder how many Labour MPs they have or indeed what party all the MPs come from.
Home Rule on 14:55 - Mar 3 with 735 viewsexhmrc1

Home Rule on 13:34 - Mar 3 by Catullus

The valleys do have historic problems but what have Labour done to help in over 20 years of devo? Things have actually gotten worse up the valleys.

It's always funding to blame, Wales doesn't get enough it's said. I'll have to repeat the fact then, that Wales gets more fundingper head than every region of England besides London. It's how the money is spent in Wales that causes problems. The valleys have suffered as much as the rest of Wales, outside Cardiff, from a lack of foresight and investment by a Cardiff centric Senedd.

NPT isn't all a valley area, most of NPT is close to the coast, right next to Swansea, that is just obfuscation. The big problem is in healtha wealth, hte poorest fared badly in the pandemic and so much of Wales is poorer because of Senedd policies. Most of Wales stagnates while Cardiff has billions lavished on it and the cancelling of the M4 project to be replaced by improved transport links around Cardiff is a disgrace.

When you say a lack of ambition do you understand that it's also a lack of hope. There are no decent jobs nearby in many valleys locations. The choice is either live on benefits or leave home. When you grow up with no hope it's easy to become apathetic.

I agree it dosn';t just come down to devolition, these problems were there before but that's not the point, the point is, what have the Senedd done to improve things? The answer is they haven't done anything much unless you live in Cardiff.
Any time anywhere in Wales gets something good, Cardiff soon gets it bigger and better even when the previously didn't want it. Take the Empire pool, knocked down and never replaced, not until Swansea got our own Olympic sized facility then Cardiff had to have one. Now with the redevelopment Swansea is getting a concert venue, soon after Cardiff announced it was getting a bigger concert venue.
You'd be forgiven for thinking Cradiff council had the Senedd in their pockets.

As far as Neath Port Talbot it includes Cwmllynfell, Brynamman, GCG, Pontardawe, Ystalyfera, Crynant, Seven Sisters, Banwen, Glynneath, Cwmgwrach, Resolven, Cwmafan, Cymmer, Blanengwynfi amongst others. It certainly is affected by Valleys problems. It covers Afan, Swansea, Dulais, Nedd and Afan Valleys. It is enough for me.

Going back to the 80s I remember looking at how the main employers closed under the Tory government at that time. You can look at big employers like the mines but also places like Metal Box and Cam Gears and even looking in Swansea the closing of steel works in Landore, Cwmfelin, Bryngwyn and Velindre. All deeply affected the area long before devolution and thousands of jobs were lost in Port Talbot Steelworks, in the 2 BP plants in Llandarcy and Baglan Bay, Fords inn Jersey Marine, the old AWCO and Inco in Clydach.

The problems occurred long before devolution and not because of Labour but a certain other party that was in power.

Maybe you also ought to look at jobs that have been created in Baglan Energy Park, The new Bay Campus and places like SA1, the Enterprise Park and Swansea Vale.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 14:58]
Home Rule on 15:27 - Mar 3 with 720 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 14:55 - Mar 3 by exhmrc1

As far as Neath Port Talbot it includes Cwmllynfell, Brynamman, GCG, Pontardawe, Ystalyfera, Crynant, Seven Sisters, Banwen, Glynneath, Cwmgwrach, Resolven, Cwmafan, Cymmer, Blanengwynfi amongst others. It certainly is affected by Valleys problems. It covers Afan, Swansea, Dulais, Nedd and Afan Valleys. It is enough for me.

Going back to the 80s I remember looking at how the main employers closed under the Tory government at that time. You can look at big employers like the mines but also places like Metal Box and Cam Gears and even looking in Swansea the closing of steel works in Landore, Cwmfelin, Bryngwyn and Velindre. All deeply affected the area long before devolution and thousands of jobs were lost in Port Talbot Steelworks, in the 2 BP plants in Llandarcy and Baglan Bay, Fords inn Jersey Marine, the old AWCO and Inco in Clydach.

The problems occurred long before devolution and not because of Labour but a certain other party that was in power.

Maybe you also ought to look at jobs that have been created in Baglan Energy Park, The new Bay Campus and places like SA1, the Enterprise Park and Swansea Vale.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 14:58]

We're not talking about jobs lost pre deo though, we're asking what's been done to repair the damage since devo happened? The answer is....nothing very much outside Cardiff. At one point for every Senedd pound spent in Swansea, 7 were spent in Cardiff. The Senedd (WAG as was) even had a public consultation on where the Assembly building would be built and then Ron Davies admitted regardless of the result it was always going to be in Cardiff. Talking of Ron Davies, the so called architect of devolution, in 207 he said...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/devastating-verdict-devolution-man-w

Home Rule on 15:29 - Mar 3 with 720 viewsBoundy

Valleys Areas
Neath Port Talbot 319
Rhondda Cynon Taff 355
Blaenau Gwent 302

Compared with City Areas
Cardiff 220
Newport 240
Swansea 243

You normally like to express your self and I've got time so fill your boots ,Not sure why you're bringing covid deaths into the discussion though

I'd accept your argument if we were talking about an administration which had only say 4 years to turn around a mess created by previous governments but we're not , why do think there's a movement of people from the Valleys for example , could it be that any decent job is not being or encouraged to be created within the locality but as we know down in the Bubble of Cardiff and its environs. The planned metro system for example is not to create the wealth back in say Merthyr / Aberdare etc but to provide yet another link into the money pit which has been all consuming of our taxes and money from central government .The disparity between what's spent in the rest of Wales compared to the se corner is astonishing.
I noticed today that the shysters in the bay have announced that unless they pump in another £40 + million and write off an already sizeable debt of 40 + million then the airport will close , so what if it does, what other government in the UK owns an airport , not one, yet as you've acknowledged and we all know Wales is the poorest countries in the UK , far below what should be expected in the worlds 6 richest economies . But we can afford to run and support an enterprise where if privately owned would have failed and perhaps it should.one minute its keen on the environment that actively encourages the increase of our carbon foot print .

You say lack of ambition , can you tell me one major employer in the area of a population the size of Swansea which could forfill the ambitions of a youngster leaving school , that is in a position to take on yet another tranche of school leavers , what options are there other than to leave the area or as you say this part of Wales and beyond live on benefits. perhaps McDonalds, Costa Coffee or Amazon, what a choice for 16 year old The last major employer, Fords have gone with little or no prospect of the same employment levels which existed when it operated. Last year the figures for new investments in Wales , with 54% in the south east, 24% in north Wales and 23% in mid and south west Wales.

"Merthyr Tydfil didn't have a single candidate attending Cambridge " is that what you quantify as a negative , this country wasn't built of the Oxbridge set and many degrees have been dumbed down to the extent they're pretty much worthless so i don't take on board that Gower College had 8 go this year studying what exactly ?. Many successful businesses are created, run managed without the need of degree .

Home Rule on 15:40 - Mar 3 with 707 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 15:29 - Mar 3 by Boundy

You normally like to express your self and I've got time so fill your boots ,Not sure why you're bringing covid deaths into the discussion though

I'd accept your argument if we were talking about an administration which had only say 4 years to turn around a mess created by previous governments but we're not , why do think there's a movement of people from the Valleys for example , could it be that any decent job is not being or encouraged to be created within the locality but as we know down in the Bubble of Cardiff and its environs. The planned metro system for example is not to create the wealth back in say Merthyr / Aberdare etc but to provide yet another link into the money pit which has been all consuming of our taxes and money from central government .The disparity between what's spent in the rest of Wales compared to the se corner is astonishing.
I noticed today that the shysters in the bay have announced that unless they pump in another £40 + million and write off an already sizeable debt of 40 + million then the airport will close , so what if it does, what other government in the UK owns an airport , not one, yet as you've acknowledged and we all know Wales is the poorest countries in the UK , far below what should be expected in the worlds 6 richest economies . But we can afford to run and support an enterprise where if privately owned would have failed and perhaps it should.one minute its keen on the environment that actively encourages the increase of our carbon foot print .

You say lack of ambition , can you tell me one major employer in the area of a population the size of Swansea which could forfill the ambitions of a youngster leaving school , that is in a position to take on yet another tranche of school leavers , what options are there other than to leave the area or as you say this part of Wales and beyond live on benefits. perhaps McDonalds, Costa Coffee or Amazon, what a choice for 16 year old The last major employer, Fords have gone with little or no prospect of the same employment levels which existed when it operated. Last year the figures for new investments in Wales , with 54% in the south east, 24% in north Wales and 23% in mid and south west Wales.

"Merthyr Tydfil didn't have a single candidate attending Cambridge " is that what you quantify as a negative , this country wasn't built of the Oxbridge set and many degrees have been dumbed down to the extent they're pretty much worthless so i don't take on board that Gower College had 8 go this year studying what exactly ?. Many successful businesses are created, run managed without the need of degree .

Boundy, excellent point about Cardiff airport, itis being funded by the whole of Wales purely for the benefit of Cardiff, an ego trip for the city having an airport.

Those Gower college students, as you say, what courses are they doing?

A few years back a teacher told me my son was bright enough to win a place at Uni one day, I'm not sure I want him to. I think I'd rather (assuming they are around) he took an apprenticeship even if we had to subsidise him through it. We'll always need plumbers and electricians,.

Home Rule on 15:49 - Mar 3 with 705 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Valleys Areas
Neath Port Talbot 319
Rhondda Cynon Taff 355
Blaenau Gwent 302

Compared with City Areas
Cardiff 220
Newport 240
Swansea 243

The Barnett formula gives extra funding to Wales and Scotland to the tune of £3500 per person a year. The trouble is the Welsh assembly wastes most of this.

Home Rule on 16:00 - Mar 3 with 695 viewsfelixstowe_jack

An extra £18 announced for the Swansea bay deal today. Just hope Drakeford can't get his hands on it.

£740 million more for Wales announced in budget.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024