Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home Rule 10:49 - Feb 28 with 15564 viewsCatullus

Drakeford wants it, devo max, go Federal, whatever you want to call it. His speech said a lot but was very light on detail. It was full of optimistic generalisations without saying much at all.
It is obvious now why the Labour party wanted to give the vote to 16/17 year olds, they are targettting them at the next election with this home rule demand because they know young people are more likley to support it, or independence.
This change in the voting laws was nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with tilting the vote in their favour but maybe it'll backfire and those youngsters will vote Plaid?

That aside, whn will we hear details? When will Drakeford give us the opportunity to weight up his plans?
He has also said more than once he won't serve a full term if he wins, that most likely means we'll have Gething foisted on us...from frying pan into the fire then. Can we vote for a party when we know the leader isn't interested in doing the term? Certainly people didn't like it when we had Bojo foisted on us, plenty said we didn'tvote for him and said it wasn't democratic.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Home Rule on 16:43 - Mar 2 with 758 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 16:38 - Mar 2 by felixstowe_jack

They don't need to buy it. Most of it flows into England anyway via the Severn, Wye and Dee. England will just wait until it crosses into England then pump it out of the rivers. Wales will then loose all the water abstraction fees the water companies currently pay.

Rubbish.
They would pay the fair market rate.

Just like for oil from Scotland.

Beware of the Risen People

Home Rule on 16:44 - Mar 2 with 753 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Home Rule on 16:27 - Mar 2 by Kilkennyjack

Or we could just rejoin the EU and trade with the nice Europeans again.
Like Ireland do.

Wales could not meet the fiscal rules all new applicants have to meet to join the EU.
The senedd would need to vastly reduce it's spending without the UK subsidy.

They would also have to adopt the EURO to join.
Why would Wales want to introduce all the paper work to trade with it's biggest trading partner England.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Home Rule on 16:46 - Mar 2 with 755 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 10:57 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

Is the putative new Indy Welsh government gonna forcibly take over the reservoirs with a coup .

Fair play,we need a little levity these days although it's a pitiful sight to read such stuff on here .

It will work like any other nation on earth Perch, its not hard.

Home Rule on 16:56 - Mar 2 with 752 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 16:27 - Mar 2 by Kilkennyjack

Or we could just rejoin the EU and trade with the nice Europeans again.
Like Ireland do.

I have asked youthis before, what does Wales do when it first goes Indy, before it rejoins the EU (assuming we ever meet the Copenhagen criteria) because we'd have a hard border with England (for import and export taxes, no GFA to worry about) and we'd have to negotiate trad deals with everybody. Then, assuming we met the Copenhagen criteria we'd have to accept all EU rules and it sees us in exactly the same position as we are with England...hang on, no, not quite. The big difference would be our devovled government couldn't enforce any of it's own laws if they conflicted with EU laws, or they could punish us, we'd have to agree lock , stock and barrel to accept all EU rules.

So we accept Eu rule and then we have to go through all that expensive import and export paperwork twice, into and then out of England OR we pay to ship it all the way around. Expensive whatever happens.

Then look at this,

https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/statistics-and-research/2020-07/trade-surv

and think about trade between Wales and England and what we stand to lose.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Home Rule on 16:59 - Mar 2 with 749 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 16:56 - Mar 2 by Catullus

I have asked youthis before, what does Wales do when it first goes Indy, before it rejoins the EU (assuming we ever meet the Copenhagen criteria) because we'd have a hard border with England (for import and export taxes, no GFA to worry about) and we'd have to negotiate trad deals with everybody. Then, assuming we met the Copenhagen criteria we'd have to accept all EU rules and it sees us in exactly the same position as we are with England...hang on, no, not quite. The big difference would be our devovled government couldn't enforce any of it's own laws if they conflicted with EU laws, or they could punish us, we'd have to agree lock , stock and barrel to accept all EU rules.

So we accept Eu rule and then we have to go through all that expensive import and export paperwork twice, into and then out of England OR we pay to ship it all the way around. Expensive whatever happens.

Then look at this,

https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/statistics-and-research/2020-07/trade-surv

First paragraph; everything else superflous. Welsh people are not the dumb'ses seen posting all this tut

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Home Rule on 17:21 - Mar 2 with 732 viewspencoedjack

Home Rule on 16:38 - Mar 2 by felixstowe_jack

They don't need to buy it. Most of it flows into England anyway via the Severn, Wye and Dee. England will just wait until it crosses into England then pump it out of the rivers. Wales will then loose all the water abstraction fees the water companies currently pay.

I was being sarcastic FJ.

That’s what the idiot believes we will do
Home Rule on 17:24 - Mar 2 with 733 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 17:21 - Mar 2 by pencoedjack

I was being sarcastic FJ.

That’s what the idiot believes we will do

We got English water on one side/Welsh on the other.

WTF will happen to us?

What about the river Dee.In wales and England

Water fights

Home Rule on 17:38 - Mar 2 with 729 viewsJack59

Home Rule on 14:56 - Mar 1 by trampie

What with all our excess energy not to mention all our water, an independent Wales would be booming.

Very difficult to harness 'hot air' and England is hardly the Atacama Desert.

Abolish the Assembly.
Login to get fewer ads

Home Rule on 17:41 - Mar 2 with 725 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 17:38 - Mar 2 by Jack59

Very difficult to harness 'hot air' and England is hardly the Atacama Desert.

Abolish the Assembly.

Scrap the Scottish one too as they are also prone to infighting.
Rural Jocks very different to urban ,as i the case with the Welsh.

What is fashionable in Lampeter is different to Landore

Home Rule on 17:54 - Mar 2 with 717 viewsJack59

Home Rule on 17:41 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

Scrap the Scottish one too as they are also prone to infighting.
Rural Jocks very different to urban ,as i the case with the Welsh.

What is fashionable in Lampeter is different to Landore

The Shetlands want independence from Scotland now.
Home Rule on 18:23 - Mar 2 with 705 viewsFlashberryjack

Home Rule on 16:43 - Mar 2 by Kilkennyjack

Rubbish.
They would pay the fair market rate.

Just like for oil from Scotland.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Home Rule on 18:25 - Mar 2 with 698 viewsonehunglow

Home Rule on 17:54 - Mar 2 by Jack59

Who could blame them

Home Rule on 19:35 - Mar 2 with 678 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 16:56 - Mar 2 by Catullus

Then look at this,

By the time we get there then this will be all sorted.

North of Ireland - England
Scotland - England
France - England

We will simply do the same.
Thank you for your concern.

EU would welcome us all - hard to resist demonstrating the folly and futility of Brexit.

The UK never lost any powers to the EU. A myth.
Blair said in 9 years ad PM he had zero examples.

The fact Westminster could not alter an Indy wales is a big plus though.
Power devolved is power retained.

Your words are wrong - nobody accepts EU rule.
We chose to willing join the most successful trading bloc on the planet.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 19:36]

Home Rule on 19:45 - Mar 2 with 666 viewspencoedjack

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2AU11D

I’d imagine a few countries will be wanting out of the EU soon
Home Rule on 19:55 - Mar 2 with 662 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Home Rule on 19:35 - Mar 2 by Kilkennyjack

Scotland - England
France - England

EU would welcome us all - hard to resist demonstrating the folly and futility of Brexit.

What good is a successful trading bloc to ordinary men, women and children in the EU who will see friends, family and neighbours needlessly die of Covid over the next few months because the "successful trading bloc" spent months trying to haggle down the price per vaccine when deals were already in place?

This will be the turning point for Europe in my opinion.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Home Rule on 20:42 - Mar 2 with 635 viewsBoundy

Home Rule on 19:45 - Mar 2 by pencoedjack

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2AU11D

I’d imagine a few countries will be wanting out of the EU soon

The Dutch are seriously considering it , Italy aren't that enamoured by being a member either and are watching closely how we the UK fare now we've left.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Home Rule on 20:43 - Mar 2 with 635 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 19:55 - Mar 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What good is a successful trading bloc to ordinary men, women and children in the EU who will see friends, family and neighbours needlessly die of Covid over the next few months because the "successful trading bloc" spent months trying to haggle down the price per vaccine when deals were already in place?

This will be the turning point for Europe in my opinion.

Well a successful trading bloc is a good thing.

More business, more competition, more jobs, more money to spend, more tax take, more investment in security, healthcare, education, and social care. Better life opportunities for all.

Only the thick would want to be alone on an island, and looking backwards to empire instead of forwards towards the Information Age.

Vaccine success cant bring back the 120,000 UK citizens already dead under Johnsons watch.
Every nation on the EU has done better than the UK.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 20:44]

Home Rule on 20:46 - Mar 2 with 631 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 20:42 - Mar 2 by Boundy

The Dutch are seriously considering it , Italy aren't that enamoured by being a member either and are watching closely how we the UK fare now we've left.

The north of Ireland, the Republic of Scotland, and the Republic of Cymru will soon be joining. 🇪🇺

Home Rule on 20:47 - Mar 2 with 628 viewspencoedjack

Home Rule on 20:43 - Mar 2 by Kilkennyjack

Well a successful trading bloc is a good thing.

More business, more competition, more jobs, more money to spend, more tax take, more investment in security, healthcare, education, and social care. Better life opportunities for all.

Only the thick would want to be alone on an island, and looking backwards to empire instead of forwards towards the Information Age.

Vaccine success cant bring back the 120,000 UK citizens already dead under Johnsons watch.
Every nation on the EU has done better than the UK.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 20:44]

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1111779/coronavirus-death-rate-europe-by-cou
Home Rule on 22:06 - Mar 2 with 611 viewsCatullus

It wasn't alwasy Scottish, nor Orkney, they were Viking strongholds once. I wonder how Kilk would feel about them being held prisoner by Scotland?

Home Rule on 22:13 - Mar 2 with 605 viewsCatullus

Home Rule on 19:35 - Mar 2 by Kilkennyjack

Scotland - England
France - England

All be sorted, cuckoo, really it is.

It is not a myth either, when you join the EU you accept all their rules and that EU law takes primacy in any legal conflicts,

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/summary/glossary/primacy_of_eu_law.html#:~:text=The%20

So why carry on lying about it, calling it a myth? I thought Blair was a liar and a war criminal but you take his word?

The Copenhagen criteria are in the EU's own rules, you have to meet them before membership is even considered. Or are you saying they don't even obey their own rules?

You are dead right on one thing though, we didn't accept EU rule, Wales voted to leave.

Home Rule on 22:24 - Mar 2 with 601 viewsBoundy

Home Rule on 20:46 - Mar 2 by Kilkennyjack

The north of Ireland, the Republic of Scotland, and the Republic of Cymru will soon be joining. 🇪🇺

I must have missed that momentous occasion , exactly when did we vote ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Home Rule on 00:29 - Mar 3 with 586 viewsJack59

Home Rule on 20:47 - Mar 2 by pencoedjack

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1111779/coronavirus-death-rate-europe-by-cou

I suspect that the percentage of UK over 65's in sheltered and care homes is considerably higher than a number of those countries. Similarly, has our NHS for many years, been more successful than our European neighbours, in extending the lives of thousands of frail and vulnerable people with health issues.
Did the UK have the highest percentage of the demographic that was to be most at risk from the virus ?
Home Rule on 01:26 - Mar 3 with 579 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 00:29 - Mar 3 by Jack59

I suspect that the percentage of UK over 65's in sheltered and care homes is considerably higher than a number of those countries. Similarly, has our NHS for many years, been more successful than our European neighbours, in extending the lives of thousands of frail and vulnerable people with health issues.
Did the UK have the highest percentage of the demographic that was to be most at risk from the virus ?

No.

Its strange you are looking for an excuse for the useless Johnson though.

I mean if you were correct and the UK was like some giant floating care home, then Johnson is even more negligent than we all thought. Quicker lockdowns, longer lockdowns, slower opening and far better preparedness would all be even more important.

The 120,000 citizens who have already died on his watch would have been an even higher number.

Why is he thinking of decorating his flat ?
His priority must be to resign.

Home Rule on 01:27 - Mar 3 with 578 viewsKilkennyjack

Home Rule on 22:24 - Mar 2 by Boundy

I must have missed that momentous occasion , exactly when did we vote ?

We will.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024