Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) 20:56 - Mar 11 with 3731 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Here are some that I found to be notable:

Mother, Father, Him, Her, Husband, Wife, Brother, Sister plus many more.

"The guide begins with a fatwa against age, saying that it should not be brought up unless strictly relevant, and even then only objective terms can be used. So the words ‘elderly’, ‘OAPs’, ‘pensioners’, ‘youngsters’, and ‘mature workforce’ are now banned, to be replaced by ‘over-65s, 75s and so on’.

When it comes to illness and disability, for some reason using the word ‘diabetic’ is no longer allowed and staff are instead encouraged to use language that focuses on people’s ‘abilities, rather than limitations’. In the eyes of Manchester University, someone is no longer ‘suffering from cancer’ but are a person ‘living with cancer’. Similarly, the university no longer says that someone is a ‘victim of dementia’ — presumably because dementia is something to be appreciated in the eyes of the inclusivity team."

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/manchester-university-scraps-the-word-mother

View the full list here if you're brave enough.
https://www.staffnet.manchester.ac.uk/equality-and-diversity/training/inclusive-

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 22:32 - Mar 11 with 1811 viewsonehunglow

Painful Dwight.
Next punter that refers to me as old ,passed it,a relic etc gets their arse sued

We are buggered mate, there is nothing left after that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 22:48 - Mar 11 with 1806 viewspencoedjack

After living with a person who has had to overcome cancer several times mark my words they care little about what some jumped up feck wit in some university says they should be described as.

This country is going mad.
List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 09:14 - Mar 12 with 1742 viewsScotia

These kind of things do more harm than good I'm sure. My organisation insists on similar terminology.

Whilst I can see the logic in a lot of them others are absurd. I can understand using workforce rather than manpower and chair rather than chairman. I've never referred to anyone as a "male scientisit" in my life, I don't think anyone ever has.

But I'm a man, I have a daughter, I am a Father and I have a wife. My daughter is female despite only being three (sometimes I do feel I have to justify that) and my wife is a woman. My parents are, and always will be, by Mother and Father.
List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:08 - Mar 12 with 1717 viewsonehunglow

Stigmatising by age now.

How is that less offensive

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:22 - Mar 12 with 1707 viewsBoundy

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:08 - Mar 12 by onehunglow

Stigmatising by age now.

How is that less offensive

What a load of old bollocks and they're teaching the future generations of this once great country . May your chosen deity help us .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:27 - Mar 12 with 1703 viewsonehunglow

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:22 - Mar 12 by Boundy

What a load of old bollocks and they're teaching the future generations of this once great country . May your chosen deity help us .

I choose not to have one
It's not good boundy mate

Future not looking good from where I m standing

Any excuse for a song my chum

listen to the lyrics

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:30 - Mar 12 with 1699 viewsDr_Parnassus

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:22 - Mar 12 by Boundy

It's coming from the Universities and even the lecturers themselves as gender studies and lesbian dance theory have become actual studies. The lecturers are now activists instead of teachers and impose their narrow view of the world on their students.

It used to be a hotbed of debate and exchanging of views where you come out far richer intellectually than when you went in. It's now the opposite, I have never witnessed a thicker group of graduates than those coming through the Uni's at the moment. Completely devoid of critical thought.

Now they are a coddled group, full of safe spaces micro-aggressions - quivering at the thought of a differing opinion.

They spend their time blocking speakers for the majority of students due to views they find uncomfortable to hear and tend of think that if its not instagramable or can't fit into a little rhyme then can put of a placard and chant, then its not worth doing.

These people have now infiltrated the workplaces sadly and some places are feeling the effects of that.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 11:34]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:31 - Mar 12 with 1701 viewsWingstandwood

Beware! Beware! Beware!

Even innocent words that sound slightly like other words that appeal to the warped, twisted, malicious , sick immagination and confirmation-bias of WOKE witchfider generals are racist now!

'Niggling' could soon to be outlawed? Many must truly despair the times we all live in!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9354141/American-Vogue-claims-word-nigg

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:37 - Mar 12 with 1687 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Strange how all actress insist on being called actors now. Even minor cast members are now referred to as stars.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:40 - Mar 12 with 1686 viewsCatullus

Have they banned common sense and logic too?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:44 - Mar 12 with 1683 viewsonehunglow

That went year ago mun ,along with freedom of expression -unless it's ok by the State .

I can see East Germany re appearing

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:48 - Mar 12 with 1678 viewsfelixstowe_jack

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:44 - Mar 12 by onehunglow

That went year ago mun ,along with freedom of expression -unless it's ok by the State .

I can see East Germany re appearing

I thought that was already happening in Drakeford's senedd.

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:55 - Mar 12 with 1670 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Love to see a history assignment in Manchester University "The life of Henry VIII" without using the banned words.

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 13:05 - Mar 12 with 1645 viewsGlossolalia

I called this out in late 2018 on this site, after reading a book called Liberal Fascism and the Tolerance Myth by Andy Brown. Shame the site changed hands as I can't find the thread. I was roundly laughed at. Universities have become truly Orwellian and it seems more people are waking up to it.

Read 1984. The systematic eradication of language. Not, as some will likely argue, a natural progression of semantics and continued change, but an aggressive attempt to fundamentally alter speech.

I'll give it a good read. First thing that stands out - 'youngsters' is now ageist. And it appears calling someone an OAP or teenager is subjective and therefore, I suppose, in danger of being tainted by some unconscious bias.

'Look darling, those people whose mean age is around 22 seem to be having a wonderful time'...

And you can forget about pointing a man out in a crowd of students and calling him a 'him' or a 'man'. I mean come on, I understand accommodating those that don't fit the standard, but to now remove pronouns that accurately represent the vast majority of people is insane!

Gender is now 'an internal sense of what we are'. So despite sex characteristics and the fact that so many are not gender-confused, at Manchester we must forgo any perceived understanding of what makes men men, and women women, in case we misgender and upset someone. This is, without question, pathetic.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 13:43]
List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 13:33 - Mar 12 with 1628 viewsGlossolalia

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:30 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

It's coming from the Universities and even the lecturers themselves as gender studies and lesbian dance theory have become actual studies. The lecturers are now activists instead of teachers and impose their narrow view of the world on their students.

It used to be a hotbed of debate and exchanging of views where you come out far richer intellectually than when you went in. It's now the opposite, I have never witnessed a thicker group of graduates than those coming through the Uni's at the moment. Completely devoid of critical thought.

Now they are a coddled group, full of safe spaces micro-aggressions - quivering at the thought of a differing opinion.

They spend their time blocking speakers for the majority of students due to views they find uncomfortable to hear and tend of think that if its not instagramable or can't fit into a little rhyme then can put of a placard and chant, then its not worth doing.

These people have now infiltrated the workplaces sadly and some places are feeling the effects of that.

I am sick of agreeing with you. What you're saying is so true across campuses in the US and UK.

These people are becoming socially retarded; unable to handle an alternate view without throwing an -ism or -ist about the place.

Even the use of language is becoming hyperbolic and misleading. 'Violence' now includes accidentally 'misgendering' someone. The Weeknd called his lack of a Grammy nomination violence yesterday. This is a typically lazy and dangerous use of words that should exist to signify far worse actions.
List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 13:35 - Mar 12 with 1626 viewsonehunglow

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 13:05 - Mar 12 by Glossolalia

I called this out in late 2018 on this site, after reading a book called Liberal Fascism and the Tolerance Myth by Andy Brown. Shame the site changed hands as I can't find the thread. I was roundly laughed at. Universities have become truly Orwellian and it seems more people are waking up to it.

Read 1984. The systematic eradication of language. Not, as some will likely argue, a natural progression of semantics and continued change, but an aggressive attempt to fundamentally alter speech.

I'll give it a good read. First thing that stands out - 'youngsters' is now ageist. And it appears calling someone an OAP or teenager is subjective and therefore, I suppose, in danger of being tainted by some unconscious bias.

'Look darling, those people whose mean age is around 22 seem to be having a wonderful time'...

And you can forget about pointing a man out in a crowd of students and calling him a 'him' or a 'man'. I mean come on, I understand accommodating those that don't fit the standard, but to now remove pronouns that accurately represent the vast majority of people is insane!

Gender is now 'an internal sense of what we are'. So despite sex characteristics and the fact that so many are not gender-confused, at Manchester we must forgo any perceived understanding of what makes men men, and women women, in case we misgender and upset someone. This is, without question, pathetic.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 13:43]

Some post that.
Brilliant ,thanks

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 13:57 - Mar 12 with 1605 viewsGroo

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:30 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

The enemies of the West must be absolutely delighted.

Groo does what Groo does best

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 14:19 - Mar 12 with 1601 viewsBoundy

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 13:57 - Mar 12 by Groo

The enemies of the West must be absolutely delighted.

I recently had to suffer two hours of diversity training in my work place , two hours of my life I will never get back .Its creeping in everywhere , fear of being perceived as being ignorant of some ones "feelings" or "offending" . Banter is no longer acceptable , coming to a forum near you ,
Soon

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 14:21 - Mar 12 with 1599 viewsonehunglow

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 14:19 - Mar 12 by Boundy

I recently had to suffer two hours of diversity training in my work place , two hours of my life I will never get back .Its creeping in everywhere , fear of being perceived as being ignorant of some ones "feelings" or "offending" . Banter is no longer acceptable , coming to a forum near you ,
Soon

Hope it is still allowed on here.

Doubtful at times

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 14:23 - Mar 12 with 1598 viewsBoundy

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:27 - Mar 12 by onehunglow

I choose not to have one
It's not good boundy mate

Future not looking good from where I m standing

Any excuse for a song my chum

listen to the lyrics

We'd mess that up as well

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 14:26 - Mar 12 with 1597 viewsBoundy

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 14:21 - Mar 12 by onehunglow

Doubtful at times

Sad to say its insidious march towards thought control has already arrived, you don't agree with a POV or have an opposing view then you're dammed to eternity .

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 14:45 - Mar 12 with 1589 viewsGroo

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 14:21 - Mar 12 by onehunglow

Doubtful at times

Maybe Keith could make a list to keep at the top of the page of terms we are not allowed to use.

A suppose calling someone an old girls blouse is out.

Groo does what Groo does best

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 14:47 - Mar 12 with 1588 viewsBoundy

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 14:45 - Mar 12 by Groo

Maybe Keith could make a list to keep at the top of the page of terms we are not allowed to use.

That depends who's wearing it I suppose

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 15:49 - Mar 12 with 1561 viewsFlashberryjack

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 11:40 - Mar 12 by Catullus

Have they banned common sense and logic too?

That went years ago.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 17:06 - Mar 12 with 1541 viewsonehunglow

List of words now banned by Manchester University (Mother, Father, Husband,Wife) on 14:45 - Mar 12 by Groo

Goes without saying.Sexism,genderism and Cross dressing issues

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024