Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your views on the British military 18:30 - Mar 16 with 8202 viewsKeithHaynes

All three services plus the off shoots, Whats your opinion on having an armed force ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Your views on the British military on 18:37 - Mar 16 with 3848 viewsonehunglow

Not really any alternative,Guv.

Ive had many ex squaddies under my change and ,to a man,I always knew they had my back.

Some a bit volatile which probably meant I got on well with them being of the same temperament.

Another band of people who do our dirty work or rather that of politicians.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Your views on the British military on 18:38 - Mar 16 with 3801 viewsHighjack

Future wars and conflicts will largely be fought with microchips and drones. The need to have boots on the ground with guns is diminishing.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Your views on the British military on 18:47 - Mar 16 with 3839 viewsCatullus

Your views on the British military on 18:38 - Mar 16 by Highjack

Future wars and conflicts will largely be fought with microchips and drones. The need to have boots on the ground with guns is diminishing.

Unless you are willing to use a scorched earth policy, boots on the ground will always be needed.

I don't see the need to increase our nuclear arsenal, we could reduce it and invest in the forces. It's not just about wars, what would we have done with this pandemic without the military and their organisational prowess?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Your views on the British military on 19:09 - Mar 16 with 3821 viewsjack_lord

As ex forces I am a bit confused about the future. As Highjack illustrates, the future will be fare more high tec and boots on the ground will become less relevant. Our role as a peace keeping force abroad will diminish but there will be a need to have a sizeable armed forces sector with the "threat", as daft as that may seem, from Russia.
Our ships and planes are getting very expensive.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Your views on the British military on 19:17 - Mar 16 with 3790 viewscontroversial_jack

At the moment, British forces couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Iraq and Afghan showed this where they had to be bailed out by the Yanks.It pains me to say it, but the US army is miles ahead with it's counterinsurgency abilities.

Senior Us army officers are far better academically capable than British equivalent and it's top heavy in Generals and senior ranks for it's small size.

British troops at small unit levels are the best in the world.
Your views on the British military on 19:37 - Mar 16 with 3799 viewsCatullus

Your views on the British military on 19:17 - Mar 16 by controversial_jack

At the moment, British forces couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Iraq and Afghan showed this where they had to be bailed out by the Yanks.It pains me to say it, but the US army is miles ahead with it's counterinsurgency abilities.

Senior Us army officers are far better academically capable than British equivalent and it's top heavy in Generals and senior ranks for it's small size.

British troops at small unit levels are the best in the world.

Then why do the Americans usually love having our guy and galss around? Our troops are more than capable they are just let down by successive governments...like all the rest of us!

We don't need more nukes, we need better equipment for our troops.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Your views on the British military on 19:45 - Mar 16 with 3742 viewsHighjack

Your views on the British military on 18:47 - Mar 16 by Catullus

Unless you are willing to use a scorched earth policy, boots on the ground will always be needed.

I don't see the need to increase our nuclear arsenal, we could reduce it and invest in the forces. It's not just about wars, what would we have done with this pandemic without the military and their organisational prowess?

The U.K. is focused on soft power. We are a superpower in that aspect. We will never again compete with the Americans, Russians or Chinese in military terms. It’s no surprise to me to see the policy report focusing on being the worlds leader in science and technology by 2030. It’s a realistic aim and in all honesty we’ve been the worlds leader in that for most of the last 3 centuries. When it comes to war and conflict it’s very rare you lose if you have the advanced technology. The size of the army matters less and less.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Your views on the British military on 20:24 - Mar 16 with 3734 viewsKilkennyjack

Your views on the British military on 19:45 - Mar 16 by Highjack

The U.K. is focused on soft power. We are a superpower in that aspect. We will never again compete with the Americans, Russians or Chinese in military terms. It’s no surprise to me to see the policy report focusing on being the worlds leader in science and technology by 2030. It’s a realistic aim and in all honesty we’ve been the worlds leader in that for most of the last 3 centuries. When it comes to war and conflict it’s very rare you lose if you have the advanced technology. The size of the army matters less and less.

No we are not.

The President has warned Johnson about Ireland.
The EU hates our guts.
Johnson has cited Russia and China as threats.

We are a world power only in Johnsons head.
Maybe the Eskimos love us 🤷‍♂️

We don't need nukes, any monies should go on the men and women who serve.

If you have heard of IBM, Microsoft, Google, Oracle, and Amazon then none of them are British.
Its more Johnson nonsense.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Your views on the British military on 20:26 - Mar 16 with 3775 viewsonehunglow

An Irish republican commenting on the British military.

Leave you to that one.

Your views on the British military on 20:38 - Mar 16 with 3724 viewsHighjack

Your views on the British military on 20:24 - Mar 16 by Kilkennyjack

No we are not.

The President has warned Johnson about Ireland.
The EU hates our guts.
Johnson has cited Russia and China as threats.

We are a world power only in Johnsons head.
Maybe the Eskimos love us 🤷‍♂️

We don't need nukes, any monies should go on the men and women who serve.

If you have heard of IBM, Microsoft, Google, Oracle, and Amazon then none of them are British.
Its more Johnson nonsense.

None of those companies would even exist if it were not for Charles Babbage, Alan Turing, Tim Berners Lee and numerous other Brits.

You’re welcome world.

Your views on the British military on 20:45 - Mar 16 with 3741 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 19:37 - Mar 16 by Catullus

Then why do the Americans usually love having our guy and galss around? Our troops are more than capable they are just let down by successive governments...like all the rest of us!

We don't need more nukes, we need better equipment for our troops.

The Yanks like having us around to give legitimacy to their foreign policies.They don't need us militarily, in fact we are a drain on their resources..

Soldier for soldie,r the British squadie is far superior. Our special forces are way ahead but that doesn't mean much at all in the big picture.Their Marine corps is bigger and better equipped than our entire army
Your views on the British military on 20:46 - Mar 16 with 3762 viewsKeithHaynes

Seems Boris wants to increase out nuclear capability, pretty much missed the headlines tonight.
180 to 240.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Your views on the British military on 21:02 - Mar 16 with 3753 viewsCatullus

Your views on the British military on 19:45 - Mar 16 by Highjack

Hitlers army was better technologically. He had better weapons but in the end the massive forces waged against him wore them down.

Pretty much evrybody has better technology than the Taliban yet nobody beats them.

The British army had better tech than the IRA.....

Not that I disagree that much but technology still cannot replace boots on ground, yet anyway.

Your views on the British military on 21:58 - Mar 16 with 3683 viewsKilkennyjack

Your views on the British military on 20:38 - Mar 16 by Highjack

None of those companies would even exist if it were not for Charles Babbage, Alan Turing, Tim Berners Lee and numerous other Brits.

You’re welcome world.

Who has made the big bucks ?

Your views on the British military on 22:00 - Mar 16 with 3682 viewsKilkennyjack

Your views on the British military on 20:46 - Mar 16 by KeithHaynes

Seems Boris wants to increase out nuclear capability, pretty much missed the headlines tonight.
180 to 240.

Its a disgrace.

Nurses in a pandemic, or nuclear weapons that will never be fired ?

Only Johnson could get that one wrong.

Your views on the British military on 22:04 - Mar 16 with 3679 viewsKilkennyjack

Your views on the British military on 20:26 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

An Irish republican commenting on the British military.

Leave you to that one.

Unfortunately the people of Ireland know all about the British Army.

Time they returned to their homes, don't you think ?
It wont be long now whatever....

Your views on the British military on 22:06 - Mar 16 with 3699 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 21:02 - Mar 16 by Catullus

Hitlers army was better technologically. He had better weapons but in the end the massive forces waged against him wore them down.

Pretty much evrybody has better technology than the Taliban yet nobody beats them.

The British army had better tech than the IRA.....

Not that I disagree that much but technology still cannot replace boots on ground, yet anyway.

We don't have the manpower to do that
Your views on the British military on 22:16 - Mar 16 with 3716 viewsNortbankboy

Your views on the British military on 22:06 - Mar 16 by controversial_jack

We don't have the manpower to do that

It would be better if we invested in medical research and hospitals.
No army can fight a virus
Your views on the British military on 22:50 - Mar 16 with 3701 viewsCatullus

Your views on the British military on 22:16 - Mar 16 by Nortbankboy

It would be better if we invested in medical research and hospitals.
No army can fight a virus

Well the army have certianly helped fight it. Making sure supplies get where needed, army medics giving vaccinations, who was it helped build the Nightingale hospitals?

Your views on the British military on 22:56 - Mar 16 with 3657 viewsKilkennyjack

Your views on the British military on 22:50 - Mar 16 by Catullus

Well the army have certianly helped fight it. Making sure supplies get where needed, army medics giving vaccinations, who was it helped build the Nightingale hospitals?

The Nightingales were never used.

Contingency vs spin.

Your views on the British military on 09:10 - Mar 17 with 3646 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Your views on the British military on 22:04 - Mar 16 by Kilkennyjack

Unfortunately the people of Ireland know all about the British Army.

Time they returned to their homes, don't you think ?
It wont be long now whatever....

The army defeated the IRA and forced them to the peace table as the two muppets in charge Adams and MacGuinnes could no longer get mugs to risk their lives.

The army has also done a great job in the distribution of the vaccines unlike the shambles in the EU.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Your views on the British military on 09:18 - Mar 17 with 3641 viewsJack_Kass

Scrap it.

Its like carrying a knife, i.e you are far more likely go be stabbed

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Your views on the British military on 09:19 - Mar 17 with 3636 viewsonehunglow

Your views on the British military on 09:10 - Mar 17 by felixstowe_jack

The army defeated the IRA and forced them to the peace table as the two muppets in charge Adams and MacGuinnes could no longer get mugs to risk their lives.

The army has also done a great job in the distribution of the vaccines unlike the shambles in the EU.

Yep,the ones sent in to stop them being slaughtered by protestants.

Your views on the British military on 10:09 - Mar 17 with 3629 viewshobo

A waste of money
Your views on the British military on 10:36 - Mar 17 with 3602 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 09:10 - Mar 17 by felixstowe_jack

The army personnel i saw at Margam Orangery were just hanging around doing nothing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024