Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your views on the British military 18:30 - Mar 16 with 8614 viewsKeithHaynes

All three services plus the off shoots, Whats your opinion on having an armed force ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Your views on the British military on 21:48 - Mar 17 with 870 viewsBoundy

Your views on the British military on 15:41 - Mar 17 by Catullus

Lots of real books have spread lies and fakery though.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/7-books-that-lied-to-you/

Anything for a profit, some people!

The Koran or Bible ? biggest fairy tales ever

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Your views on the British military on 21:54 - Mar 17 with 870 viewsmajorraglan

Your views on the British military on 21:44 - Mar 17 by Boundy

and yet in 1976 the then Governing labour party cut defence spending by 3% and by 1978 according to the Times ", in March 1977, Gilmour told the Commons the cuts were exposing the country to the danger of Soviet aggression: "The government had pretended that the defence review had cut Britain's commitments outside Nato but had not cut its Nato capability. That was untrue. They had weakened the fleet on the flank - reduced the reserves earmarked for Nato, and made dangerous reductions in the capability of the air force." By 1978, defence spending was down to 4.5% of GDP.
In the Blairs /Browns tenure again the armed forces were under funded with charities being formed such as Help for Heroes to support the much needed aftercare to injured troops . Both parties are guilty of holding onto much needed resources when comes to the military .It was only due to the public outcry and the sight of so many unnecessary deaths and injuries caused by the lack of personal protective equipment and vehicles was there an improvement , again unprepared but always available .
So your comment

It’s not just Labour who have cut the funding, look at the chart displaying defence spend as a proportion of GDP especially over the last few years. I am not saying we need a massive army on the scale of the PRC, but I’d like to think the soldiers we have get decent kit. What annoys me is there’s a lot of chest beating and boasting from politicians and they are selling our servicemen and women short.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/298527/defense-spending-as-share-of-gdp-unit

Edit - I’d like to see businesses give soldiers and veterans discounts on services like they do in the States.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 21:58]
Your views on the British military on 21:54 - Mar 17 with 869 viewsBoundy

Your views on the British military on 10:36 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

The army personnel i saw at Margam Orangery were just hanging around doing nothing

Strange that you didn't make note as I did whilst having my jabs the multitude of civvies hanging around as well but then again I was grateful towards anyone who's contributed to roll out the vaccination programme regardless if they were in combats or jeans . I suspect that's not the case for yourself.

Your views on the British military on 22:51 - Mar 17 with 833 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 21:54 - Mar 17 by Boundy

Strange that you didn't make note as I did whilst having my jabs the multitude of civvies hanging around as well but then again I was grateful towards anyone who's contributed to roll out the vaccination programme regardless if they were in combats or jeans . I suspect that's not the case for yourself.

Of course i'm grateful to everyone for doing the jobs they are paid to do. I actually said thank you and keep doing the good work, however it's not difficult or particularly demanding giving people jabs and taking their names and DOB.
Your views on the British military on 22:52 - Mar 17 with 832 viewsKilkennyjack

Your views on the British military on 21:44 - Mar 17 by Boundy

and yet in 1976 the then Governing labour party cut defence spending by 3% and by 1978 according to the Times ", in March 1977, Gilmour told the Commons the cuts were exposing the country to the danger of Soviet aggression: "The government had pretended that the defence review had cut Britain's commitments outside Nato but had not cut its Nato capability. That was untrue. They had weakened the fleet on the flank - reduced the reserves earmarked for Nato, and made dangerous reductions in the capability of the air force." By 1978, defence spending was down to 4.5% of GDP.
In the Blairs /Browns tenure again the armed forces were under funded with charities being formed such as Help for Heroes to support the much needed aftercare to injured troops . Both parties are guilty of holding onto much needed resources when comes to the military .It was only due to the public outcry and the sight of so many unnecessary deaths and injuries caused by the lack of personal protective equipment and vehicles was there an improvement , again unprepared but always available .
So your comment

And he is back in the 1970s again, what a guy ?
Nobody cares.

Its like a bloke talking about the new channel 4 - when we all have SkyQ boxes.
Its a different world now and your very many examples from the past are totally risible.
Give it up mun.

Beware of the Risen People

Your views on the British military on 03:33 - Mar 18 with 812 viewsJack59

Bring back conscription with immediate effect for all aged 16 to 45, those who have dodged every opportunity for some discipline to be instilled in them. Most young people in this country are incapable of doing a days work. Far too many snowflakes and cry babies, I know the services would not want the rubbish thrust on them, but a country is no different to a private company, it's biggest asset is it's workforce and we are now in urgent need of people with a good work ethic.
Your views on the British military on 05:49 - Mar 18 with 803 viewsBoundy

Your views on the British military on 22:51 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

Of course i'm grateful to everyone for doing the jobs they are paid to do. I actually said thank you and keep doing the good work, however it's not difficult or particularly demanding giving people jabs and taking their names and DOB.

Saying thank you is a common courtesy so that's the least expected but you must have had a reason to single out a specific group .Why you feel the need to mention the level of effort required to apply a vaccination and administer the supporting documentation I suppose isn't particularly taxing but a serious responsibility all the same, There was request for volunteers to assist, did you?

Your views on the British military on 05:59 - Mar 18 with 802 viewsBoundy

Your views on the British military on 22:52 - Mar 17 by Kilkennyjack

And he is back in the 1970s again, what a guy ?
Nobody cares.

Its like a bloke talking about the new channel 4 - when we all have SkyQ boxes.
Its a different world now and your very many examples from the past are totally risible.
Give it up mun.

Obviously you didn't understand the context of my post but I suppose this is yet another example of a topics which goes over your head. You come across as quite boring to be honest with little in the way of contributing to a meaningful debate .I guess grown up debate is beyond your wit. I could put you on ignore but then I'd miss having my now daily chuckle at your insecurities and immaturity.

Login to get fewer ads

Your views on the British military on 07:13 - Mar 18 with 779 viewsKilkennyjack

Your views on the British military on 05:59 - Mar 18 by Boundy

Obviously you didn't understand the context of my post but I suppose this is yet another example of a topics which goes over your head. You come across as quite boring to be honest with little in the way of contributing to a meaningful debate .I guess grown up debate is beyond your wit. I could put you on ignore but then I'd miss having my now daily chuckle at your insecurities and immaturity.

Thats the most coherent thing you have ever posted. Congratulations.

Try to stick in the correct millennium and you will be better for it.

I know you miss the 1970s so so much, but the rest of us have moved on. 🤡

Your views on the British military on 10:46 - Mar 18 with 754 viewsProfessor

Your views on the British military on 13:24 - Mar 17 by londonlisa2001

Excellent post.

As is highjack’s above.

If there is one thing that this last year has shown us, it’s how a war will be waged in the future.

The political backlash against the Oxford vaccine shows the strength we have and why it makes others nervous.

Highjack is largely correct-though there will always be need for infantry and navy platforms to base things from. Mobility is key.

However, the current government's understanding of science and tech is remarkably poor and seem to be easily distracted by flashy promises rather than deliverable solutions (Operation Moonshot anyone?)

Announce the creation of a new funding agency (ARIA) but keep quiet we are likely not be involved in the next EU funding round, as we have no budget to join (as several other non-EU countries including Canada have) and that we have slashed ODA research, which includes vital collaborations in infectious disease with Asia and Africa, to the extent whole programmes are going to be terminated years early. Looks like round 20, 000 research jobs are at risk.
Your views on the British military on 11:02 - Mar 18 with 746 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 05:49 - Mar 18 by Boundy

Saying thank you is a common courtesy so that's the least expected but you must have had a reason to single out a specific group .Why you feel the need to mention the level of effort required to apply a vaccination and administer the supporting documentation I suppose isn't particularly taxing but a serious responsibility all the same, There was request for volunteers to assist, did you?

Why did i single out a particular group? Take a look at the title of this thread. There were loads of army personnel many standing around doing nothing. I didn't see civilians doing likewise. It's not to say they don't or haven't done a good job, but it's what they are paid and trained to .

I didn't volunteer, you are correct, as i have lot's of family commitments at the moment. I did work for 45 years and most of those were were shifts. Some shifts were very quiet and some were very busy, but I didn't expect thanks for doing my paid job.
Your views on the British military on 23:01 - Mar 18 with 693 viewsKilkennyjack

Your views on the British military on 11:02 - Mar 18 by controversial_jack

Why did i single out a particular group? Take a look at the title of this thread. There were loads of army personnel many standing around doing nothing. I didn't see civilians doing likewise. It's not to say they don't or haven't done a good job, but it's what they are paid and trained to .

I didn't volunteer, you are correct, as i have lot's of family commitments at the moment. I did work for 45 years and most of those were were shifts. Some shifts were very quiet and some were very busy, but I didn't expect thanks for doing my paid job.

👏 outstanding post.

Your views on the British military on 08:38 - Mar 19 with 666 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Your views on the British military on 23:01 - Mar 18 by Kilkennyjack

👏 outstanding post.

Well done to the army for getting the vaccines distributed throughout the country without any fuss and for their help at vaccination centres. Don't forget they also built most of the nightingale centres.

Well done to our armed forces

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Your views on the British military on 08:45 - Mar 19 with 661 viewsonehunglow

Makes you wonder if a major conflict arose just how many would support those seeking to destroy u.
THAT is remarkable.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Your views on the British military on 08:49 - Mar 19 with 659 viewsDr_Winston

Your views on the British military on 08:38 - Mar 19 by felixstowe_jack

Well done to the army for getting the vaccines distributed throughout the country without any fuss and for their help at vaccination centres. Don't forget they also built most of the nightingale centres.

Well done to our armed forces

An effort led by a Welshman doing magnificent work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Prosser

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Your views on the British military on 08:56 - Mar 19 with 656 viewsraynor94

Your views on the British military on 23:01 - Mar 18 by Kilkennyjack

👏 outstanding post.

Why am I not surprised

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Your views on the British military on 09:02 - Mar 19 with 654 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Your views on the British military on 19:45 - Mar 16 by Highjack

The U.K. is focused on soft power. We are a superpower in that aspect. We will never again compete with the Americans, Russians or Chinese in military terms. It’s no surprise to me to see the policy report focusing on being the worlds leader in science and technology by 2030. It’s a realistic aim and in all honesty we’ve been the worlds leader in that for most of the last 3 centuries. When it comes to war and conflict it’s very rare you lose if you have the advanced technology. The size of the army matters less and less.

The Israelis are way ahead in military technology.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Your views on the British military on 10:15 - Mar 19 with 639 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 09:02 - Mar 19 by Brynmill_Jack

The Israelis are way ahead in military technology.

Not in experience.Beating up on Unarmed Palestinians is not a good grounding.
Your views on the British military on 11:25 - Mar 19 with 628 viewsBoundy

Your views on the British military on 10:15 - Mar 19 by controversial_jack

Not in experience.Beating up on Unarmed Palestinians is not a good grounding.

Honestly ? their air force is one if not the best in the world, its army having fought in nearly every decade , I don't suppose they could fight their way out of a paper bag either .

Your views on the British military on 12:37 - Mar 19 with 611 viewsKilkennyjack

Your views on the British military on 11:25 - Mar 19 by Boundy

Honestly ? their air force is one if not the best in the world, its army having fought in nearly every decade , I don't suppose they could fight their way out of a paper bag either .

Is bullying the same as fighting an enemy who might be able to hit back ?

Your views on the British military on 12:45 - Mar 19 with 607 viewsraynor94

Your views on the British military on 12:37 - Mar 19 by Kilkennyjack

Is bullying the same as fighting an enemy who might be able to hit back ?

Egypt, Syria, Iran and Lebanon, to name a few have tried fighting back, when they instigated the trouble in the first place.

Hardly a bully

Your views on the British military on 12:46 - Mar 19 with 607 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 11:25 - Mar 19 by Boundy

Who have they fought against? They are well equipped by the USA, but they are basically bullies
Your views on the British military on 12:50 - Mar 19 with 606 viewsBoundy

Your views on the British military on 12:46 - Mar 19 by controversial_jack

Who have they fought against? They are well equipped by the USA, but they are basically bullies

OK , why don't you and the what's his face create a thread all about it .

Your views on the British military on 12:57 - Mar 19 with 601 viewsraynor94

Your views on the British military on 12:46 - Mar 19 by controversial_jack

The whole Middle East when they were picked on.

Your views on the British military on 13:09 - Mar 19 with 598 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 12:57 - Mar 19 by raynor94

The whole Middle East when they were picked on.

You mean way back in 73 with the backing of the US
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024