Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your views on the British military 18:30 - Mar 16 with 8609 viewsKeithHaynes

All three services plus the off shoots, Whats your opinion on having an armed force ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Your views on the British military on 10:40 - Mar 17 with 899 viewsonehunglow

Yep,the very people who put their lives on the line getting pelters .

Really, Britain is shamed in a weird way too. We have the likes of killy clearly spouting hate speech at every turn to his own people.British people.

I feel for military families to see such filth being spouted by those utterly unable to understand how lucky they are.

We can't all be neutral ,like Ireland ,weden ,Switzerland .Somebody has to fight for freedom and our country sometimes

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Your views on the British military on 10:49 - Mar 17 with 890 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 21:02 - Mar 16 by Catullus

Hitlers army was better technologically. He had better weapons but in the end the massive forces waged against him wore them down.

Pretty much evrybody has better technology than the Taliban yet nobody beats them.

The British army had better tech than the IRA.....

Not that I disagree that much but technology still cannot replace boots on ground, yet anyway.

The Taliban was never our enemy. We allegedly went to Afghanistan to weedle out any Al Quaeda agents being given refuge by then. How many Al Quaeda agents did we find there , zero, not one.

Nobody can conquer Afghanistan.The Taliban learned that full frontal attacks against the British didn't work, so they just sat back and took their time and picked their fights and left before troops could get there.
Your views on the British military on 13:02 - Mar 17 with 878 viewsCatullus

Your views on the British military on 10:49 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

The Taliban was never our enemy. We allegedly went to Afghanistan to weedle out any Al Quaeda agents being given refuge by then. How many Al Quaeda agents did we find there , zero, not one.

Nobody can conquer Afghanistan.The Taliban learned that full frontal attacks against the British didn't work, so they just sat back and took their time and picked their fights and left before troops could get there.

First paragraph, not true. Second paragraph, yes, it's hwo they beat a technologically superior enemy, the retreated to the mountains and hid in deep caves until the enemy stopped looking then sneaked out and attacked again, and again....and again, until their enemy gave up and went home.

Al Qaeda were and still are in Afghan,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-54711452

That we couldn't find them despite our tech advantage is worrying. Maybe we're not as clever as we think us Western "powers"

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Your views on the British military on 13:06 - Mar 17 with 874 viewsonehunglow

Maybe just engage the enemy with dialogue as Mr Corbyn suggeted.
That way,we could end all war and people would live side by side in perfect harmony.
Meanwhile ,we send our troops into the mud and the blood of battle.Then we slag them off.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Your views on the British military on 13:24 - Mar 17 with 863 viewslondonlisa2001

Your views on the British military on 22:16 - Mar 16 by Nortbankboy

It would be better if we invested in medical research and hospitals.
No army can fight a virus

Excellent post.

As is highjack’s above.

If there is one thing that this last year has shown us, it’s how a war will be waged in the future.

The political backlash against the Oxford vaccine shows the strength we have and why it makes others nervous.
Your views on the British military on 14:33 - Mar 17 with 836 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 13:02 - Mar 17 by Catullus

First paragraph, not true. Second paragraph, yes, it's hwo they beat a technologically superior enemy, the retreated to the mountains and hid in deep caves until the enemy stopped looking then sneaked out and attacked again, and again....and again, until their enemy gave up and went home.

Al Qaeda were and still are in Afghan,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-54711452

That we couldn't find them despite our tech advantage is worrying. Maybe we're not as clever as we think us Western "powers"

W didn't capture or identify a single Al Quaeda agent or fighter in Afghanistan, regardless of what the UN, that American funded organisation says
Your views on the British military on 14:49 - Mar 17 with 825 viewslondonlisa2001

Your views on the British military on 14:33 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

W didn't capture or identify a single Al Quaeda agent or fighter in Afghanistan, regardless of what the UN, that American funded organisation says

What about al-Masri?

He was killed in Afghanistan. The Afghanistan special forces killed him.
Your views on the British military on 14:52 - Mar 17 with 825 viewsCatullus

Your views on the British military on 14:33 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

How do you know that as a fact? Where did you get it from?

As Lisa points out,

https://news.sky.com/story/al-qaedas-second-in-command-on-fbis-most-wanted-list-

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Your views on the British military on 14:57 - Mar 17 with 820 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 14:52 - Mar 17 by Catullus

How do you know that as a fact? Where did you get it from?

As Lisa points out,

https://news.sky.com/story/al-qaedas-second-in-command-on-fbis-most-wanted-list-

Probably fake. I will repeat again. British military or intelligence didn't catch a single one

It can all be found on here. It's in Neath library, when it reopens

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Losing-Small-Wars-Military-Afghanistan/dp/0300182740
Your views on the British military on 15:05 - Mar 17 with 816 viewsCatullus

Your views on the British military on 14:57 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

Probably fake. I will repeat again. British military or intelligence didn't catch a single one

It can all be found on here. It's in Neath library, when it reopens

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Losing-Small-Wars-Military-Afghanistan/dp/0300182740

It could be fake I guess, but then so could anything in a book that somebody hopes to profit from, yes?

Your views on the British military on 15:10 - Mar 17 with 813 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 15:05 - Mar 17 by Catullus

It could be fake I guess, but then so could anything in a book that somebody hopes to profit from, yes?

It's how we all learn , from books. Teachers university lecturers don't learn from internet links they read real books.
Your views on the British military on 15:41 - Mar 17 with 809 viewsCatullus

Your views on the British military on 15:10 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

It's how we all learn , from books. Teachers university lecturers don't learn from internet links they read real books.

Lots of real books have spread lies and fakery though.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/7-books-that-lied-to-you/

Anything for a profit, some people!

Your views on the British military on 16:40 - Mar 17 with 798 viewsLohengrin

Your views on the British military on 10:36 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

The army personnel i saw at Margam Orangery were just hanging around doing nothing

Perhaps you could contact the M.O.D. and suggest they run on the spot or do press-ups during any slack time?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Your views on the British military on 16:52 - Mar 17 with 788 viewsHighjack

Your views on the British military on 21:02 - Mar 16 by Catullus

Hitlers army was better technologically. He had better weapons but in the end the massive forces waged against him wore them down.

Pretty much evrybody has better technology than the Taliban yet nobody beats them.

The British army had better tech than the IRA.....

Not that I disagree that much but technology still cannot replace boots on ground, yet anyway.

The nazis didn’t have better technology. They may have had more modern equipment and were more ready for war but while their scientists were faffing around with sick eugenics experiments on twins and babies we were developing radar that went a long way to destroying their air superiority. Also a lot of their top scientists legged it early on to the USA, U.K. and other allied countries because they happened to be Jewish so the nazis shot themselves in the foot on that one.

The IRA and the Taliban as well as other jihadist organisations are abject cowards. They are far too wimpy and pathetic to engage in any sort of open warfare. It’s hard to defeat an enemy that just hides forever.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Your views on the British military on 16:55 - Mar 17 with 784 viewsHighjack

Your views on the British military on 16:40 - Mar 17 by Lohengrin

Perhaps you could contact the M.O.D. and suggest they run on the spot or do press-ups during any slack time?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Your views on the British military on 17:15 - Mar 17 with 784 viewsLohengrin

Your views on the British military on 16:55 - Mar 17 by Highjack

Maybe this would make him happy?

Your views on the British military on 17:23 - Mar 17 with 779 viewsKeithHaynes

Your views on the British military on 10:36 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

The army personnel i saw at Margam Orangery were just hanging around doing nothing

Trust me hanging around Margam isn’t quite the same as taking on an inspired virgin seeking army on their own turf ( or sand ) 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Your views on the British military on 17:25 - Mar 17 with 772 viewsLohengrin

Your views on the British military on 17:23 - Mar 17 by KeithHaynes

Trust me hanging around Margam isn’t quite the same as taking on an inspired virgin seeking army on their own turf ( or sand ) 😉

A stranger rocking up at The Bell on a Friday is probably putting himself directly in harm’s way.

Your views on the British military on 19:53 - Mar 17 with 735 viewsTreforys_Jack

Your views on the British military on 16:52 - Mar 17 by Highjack

The nazis didn’t have better technology. They may have had more modern equipment and were more ready for war but while their scientists were faffing around with sick eugenics experiments on twins and babies we were developing radar that went a long way to destroying their air superiority. Also a lot of their top scientists legged it early on to the USA, U.K. and other allied countries because they happened to be Jewish so the nazis shot themselves in the foot on that one.

The IRA and the Taliban as well as other jihadist organisations are abject cowards. They are far too wimpy and pathetic to engage in any sort of open warfare. It’s hard to defeat an enemy that just hides forever.

The Germans had radar before we did, but fir some bizarre reason they didn't seem to think it very useful.
Your views on the British military on 20:10 - Mar 17 with 727 viewsHighjack

Your views on the British military on 19:53 - Mar 17 by Treforys_Jack

The Germans had radar before we did, but fir some bizarre reason they didn't seem to think it very useful.

The basics of radar had been around for about fifty years but Randall and Boot invented a component of which the name escapes me. I want to say Megatron but I’m sure that’s from the transformers cartoon. Anyway this component made radar far more real time and accurate which gave us a massive edge.

Edit: it was a magnetron. Not far off.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 20:12]

Your views on the British military on 20:19 - Mar 17 with 723 viewsmajorraglan

There have been plenty of articles in the news over the last few weeks about the woeful state of our armed forces, particularly the army. A number of the battalions are short of staff and we haven’t bought new tanks etc for decades. Begs the question as to what’s going on.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2021/03/16/the-british-army-hasnt-bought-n

https://committees.parliament.uk/publications/5081/documents/50325/default/
Your views on the British military on 20:27 - Mar 17 with 720 viewsjack_lord

HMS Queen Elizabeth is a beautiful boat.

Did anyone see the twiiter post?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Your views on the British military on 20:57 - Mar 17 with 711 viewsCatullus

Your views on the British military on 20:19 - Mar 17 by majorraglan

There have been plenty of articles in the news over the last few weeks about the woeful state of our armed forces, particularly the army. A number of the battalions are short of staff and we haven’t bought new tanks etc for decades. Begs the question as to what’s going on.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2021/03/16/the-british-army-hasnt-bought-n

The army is considering ditching the tank fleet apparently.

There have been decades of neglect but it doesn't stop the politicians sending them off to some corner of a foreign field.

Your views on the British military on 21:12 - Mar 17 with 705 viewscontroversial_jack

Your views on the British military on 20:19 - Mar 17 by majorraglan

Apparently, the Conservatives are party that support the armed services.
Your views on the British military on 21:44 - Mar 17 with 698 viewsBoundy

Your views on the British military on 21:12 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

Apparently, the Conservatives are party that support the armed services.

and yet in 1976 the then Governing labour party cut defence spending by 3% and by 1978 according to the Times ", in March 1977, Gilmour told the Commons the cuts were exposing the country to the danger of Soviet aggression: "The government had pretended that the defence review had cut Britain's commitments outside Nato but had not cut its Nato capability. That was untrue. They had weakened the fleet on the flank - reduced the reserves earmarked for Nato, and made dangerous reductions in the capability of the air force." By 1978, defence spending was down to 4.5% of GDP.
In the Blairs /Browns tenure again the armed forces were under funded with charities being formed such as Help for Heroes to support the much needed aftercare to injured troops . Both parties are guilty of holding onto much needed resources when comes to the military .It was only due to the public outcry and the sight of so many unnecessary deaths and injuries caused by the lack of personal protective equipment and vehicles was there an improvement , again unprepared but always available .
So your comment

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024