Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May 6th - Senedd Elections 10:15 - Mar 30 with 9947 viewsKGriz16

The campaigns/policies have begun. Who you voting for?
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 21:47 - Mar 30 with 970 viewsScotia

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 21:29 - Mar 30 by Nortbankboy

Really?
I'm quite happy the way Drakeford has been cautious during this pandemic.
Also I'm happy with Bob Stewart,I've never seen so much building work being done in swansea.about time

Rob Stewart is genuinely trying his best. It's a shame he's not being touted as an MS or MP, not that I know if wants the job.

Drakeford has let us down. If there was a viable alternative to him as leader I wouldn't be so adamant that change is needed in.
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 21:59 - Mar 30 with 947 viewsbuilthjack

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 20:08 - Mar 30 by onehunglow

No chance of democracy in Wales clearly.

Abolishing the opposition .Ive seen that on telly with Messrs Hitler, Mussolini, Franco . Gonna kill them Ken . Are you .?

Kill them? Whys that? You are nuts.
Do you think your Tory lot will gain Wirral? You say it's posh there but Labour held. Not so posh perhaps.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 23:28 - Mar 30 with 915 viewsexhmrc1

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 20:47 - Mar 30 by Scotia

The Tory Road map is as agreed by sage and based on scientific evidence. It is cautious. Professor's Vallance and Whitty have stated so live on TV.

To put this another way, you will vote for a supposedly left wing party who will actually prevent people from earning a decent living wage for longer than is necessary. Extending their time in abject poverty.

As I've said before, would you be prepared to forfeit 20% of your state pension to subsidise those Drakeford is keeping on furlough unnecessarily?

I'm not voting Tory but their road map cannot be faulted, we should be putting the politics to one side and following the science.

The Tories have suggested allowing people to go on holidays in May. You expressed your concerns but obviously you think it is cautious.

We should be learning mistakes of what happened previously not making the same ones again.

Last August you were praising Johnson for opening up and slating Drakeford if he breathed. We had the opening up and look at what happened. Loads of businesses had to close through the situation going of control with people bringing back the virus and spreading it in pubs. Vaughan Gething mentioned it then and PHE have mentioned it recently. You didnt take it seriously then and we paid for it.
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 08:41 - Mar 31 with 871 viewsScotia

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 23:28 - Mar 30 by exhmrc1

The Tories have suggested allowing people to go on holidays in May. You expressed your concerns but obviously you think it is cautious.

We should be learning mistakes of what happened previously not making the same ones again.

Last August you were praising Johnson for opening up and slating Drakeford if he breathed. We had the opening up and look at what happened. Loads of businesses had to close through the situation going of control with people bringing back the virus and spreading it in pubs. Vaughan Gething mentioned it then and PHE have mentioned it recently. You didnt take it seriously then and we paid for it.

The Tories haven't suggested anything, they have indicated the earliest possible dates depending on the data at the time. As agreed by SAGE.

Labour in Cardiff have suggested absolutely nothing beyond three weeks. The only nation in the UK not to do so. We have people on minimum wage with no idea when they'll be able take home more than £6.50 an hour, could you bring up a family on that?

Johnson made huge mistakes last time, as did Drakeford. Johnson is doing things differently this time, he is listening to the science. Nobody knows what Drakeford is doing, because he hasn't got a plan.

I would love to see a rainbow coalition of all other parties to get rid of Labour in Cardiff, that obviously isn't going to happen as their ideologies are polls apart, but we desperately need change.
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 09:00 - Mar 31 with 863 viewsexhmrc1

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 08:41 - Mar 31 by Scotia

The Tories haven't suggested anything, they have indicated the earliest possible dates depending on the data at the time. As agreed by SAGE.

Labour in Cardiff have suggested absolutely nothing beyond three weeks. The only nation in the UK not to do so. We have people on minimum wage with no idea when they'll be able take home more than £6.50 an hour, could you bring up a family on that?

Johnson made huge mistakes last time, as did Drakeford. Johnson is doing things differently this time, he is listening to the science. Nobody knows what Drakeford is doing, because he hasn't got a plan.

I would love to see a rainbow coalition of all other parties to get rid of Labour in Cardiff, that obviously isn't going to happen as their ideologies are polls apart, but we desperately need change.

Johnson made huge mistakes last time following the policies you advocated that led to us being back in lockdown and thousands of business having to close because of it when had we followed sensible rules they would have remained open.

He hasnt followed WHO rules on how to open schools which members of SAGE have referred to.

As far as Whitty and Vallance are concerned they cannot come out publicly and slate government policy. If they did they would get sacked but the press have been saying Whitty has been advising against this policy. You only have to look at the way JVT was sidelined after saying the truth about Cummings or Atherton after saying the truth about Education in Wales.

Following government policy whether you agree with it or not is the role of civil servants.
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 09:31 - Mar 31 with 852 viewsScotia

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 09:00 - Mar 31 by exhmrc1

Johnson made huge mistakes last time following the policies you advocated that led to us being back in lockdown and thousands of business having to close because of it when had we followed sensible rules they would have remained open.

He hasnt followed WHO rules on how to open schools which members of SAGE have referred to.

As far as Whitty and Vallance are concerned they cannot come out publicly and slate government policy. If they did they would get sacked but the press have been saying Whitty has been advising against this policy. You only have to look at the way JVT was sidelined after saying the truth about Cummings or Atherton after saying the truth about Education in Wales.

Following government policy whether you agree with it or not is the role of civil servants.

Lest we forget that Drakeford allowed business such as pubs and gyms to open with no guidance whatsoever. None at all. You may disagree with Johnson dropping the 2m distance, as do I, but effectively in Wales pubs and gyms could open initially in exactly the same way they had closed in March because there was no guidance to state otherwise.

Whitty said in a press conference he supported the way schools had opened in England. I think it is too risky but Whitty would not outright lie even if he disagreed. In fact he basically accused the press of lying in their reports.

Prof Vallance told the Covid committee in Westminster that the roadmap was in line with SAGE recommendations. He didn't avoid the question or give a non answer, that is what he said. Again he wouldn't outright lie.

I'm not turning this into the usual Drakeford / covid thread. You support him based on killing people and business I'm calling him out for being an absolute disaster.

We need a full independent inquiry in to this debacle in Wales, not hidden behind any future Westminster inquiry.

Hopefully a new administration in May will push this through.
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 09:37 - Mar 31 with 849 viewsonehunglow

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 21:59 - Mar 30 by builthjack

Kill them? Whys that? You are nuts.
Do you think your Tory lot will gain Wirral? You say it's posh there but Labour held. Not so posh perhaps.

Read that again Ken

You want to get rid of Tories.?

Now ,off you go and expand on that.

Try leaving the class warrior shite behind. You 're about as working class as me. Be honest for once.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 09:39 - Mar 31 with 848 viewsonehunglow

So,who has got it right and if they have,it is down to their party .
If they have got it right,what's the evidence.
If they have it wrong ,same applies.

Off ya go.

Login to get fewer ads

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 10:00 - Mar 31 with 833 viewsScotia

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 09:39 - Mar 31 by onehunglow

So,who has got it right and if they have,it is down to their party .
If they have got it right,what's the evidence.
If they have it wrong ,same applies.

Off ya go.

I think the only way to compare who has got what right and wrong is down to the death and infection figures. We can't directly compare economies between the home nations, that would be useful.

Deaths with Covid on death certificate, per 100,000 since the start of the pandemic:-

Wales - 245.5
Scotland - 180.8
N. Ireland - 152.3
England - 226.7

Wales are also second to England in infections and in deaths within 28 days of positive result. Both without the Kent variant being dominant. This alone should be enough to send Drakeford packing, how can anyone vote for more of the same?

I don't think this is down to party politics - it's down to individual leadership. Either way the Tory and Labour administrations have been disastrous. Let's be fair both leaders come across as buffoons.

Surely it's time for change?
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 10:10 - Mar 31 with 820 viewsonehunglow

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 10:00 - Mar 31 by Scotia

I think the only way to compare who has got what right and wrong is down to the death and infection figures. We can't directly compare economies between the home nations, that would be useful.

Deaths with Covid on death certificate, per 100,000 since the start of the pandemic:-

Wales - 245.5
Scotland - 180.8
N. Ireland - 152.3
England - 226.7

Wales are also second to England in infections and in deaths within 28 days of positive result. Both without the Kent variant being dominant. This alone should be enough to send Drakeford packing, how can anyone vote for more of the same?

I don't think this is down to party politics - it's down to individual leadership. Either way the Tory and Labour administrations have been disastrous. Let's be fair both leaders come across as buffoons.

Surely it's time for change?

A good riposte some of which I agree with but what change.
Frankly, I just go along with it all,not seeing our grandkids,the social miasma ,and the feeling of hopelessness at times.
Ive seen much that has turned my stomach,Piers Corbyn campaigning against ANY measures that killed people,the selfishnes of society as a whole,the class warriors and their endless inane drivel . Ive heard a Prime Minister in Boris Johnson say he could rely on the COMMON SENSE of the British public at Christmas -so he opened up- and killed more ,directly.
Ive seen Starmer as the new Blair ,a slimeball basically leading a team of right on girls/females into the valley of the dolls.

Finally, stats mean little to me as they can be manipulated accordingly.

It is human beings that need to change and I see no sign of that whatsoever.

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 10:24 - Mar 31 with 811 viewsjohnlangy

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 11:59 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'll be voting to try and rid Wales of the incompetent buffoons who have done nothing but hold Wales back.

You do realise dyss this is not a UK general election ?
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 10:27 - Mar 31 with 797 viewsbuilthjack

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 09:37 - Mar 31 by onehunglow

Read that again Ken

You want to get rid of Tories.?

Now ,off you go and expand on that.

Try leaving the class warrior shite behind. You 're about as working class as me. Be honest for once.

Havent a clue what you are on about. Tories ?You live in a Labour area dont you?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 10:39 - Mar 31 with 785 viewsonehunglow

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 11:42 - Mar 31 with 763 viewsCatullus

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 10:24 - Mar 31 by johnlangy

Those are things showing where Wales is failing though, areas that are devolved. Comapring them to England is a wy of demonstrating how badly the Welsh Labour government has done.
Given the record surely even the strongest Labour supporter can see a need for change, I'd rather give Plaid a chance than vote Labour.

Someone made a link between Tory and posh, well Drakeford doesn't look posh but Gething? He's all image and little substance, he's like a second rate Tony Blair, he looks the part. Blair had the patter to go with it though, Gething is lacking personality.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 13:28 - Mar 31 with 747 viewsonehunglow

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 11:42 - Mar 31 by Catullus

Those are things showing where Wales is failing though, areas that are devolved. Comapring them to England is a wy of demonstrating how badly the Welsh Labour government has done.
Given the record surely even the strongest Labour supporter can see a need for change, I'd rather give Plaid a chance than vote Labour.

Someone made a link between Tory and posh, well Drakeford doesn't look posh but Gething? He's all image and little substance, he's like a second rate Tony Blair, he looks the part. Blair had the patter to go with it though, Gething is lacking personality.

As usual Cat,right to the core of the matter.
Apart from criminals and barriters,nothing gets my blood boiling than class warriors.

Posh? Just fark off is.
Somebody speaks "posh" or better and grown men weep with derision exposing that massive inferiority complexes men often have .Ive met many "privileged" posh/wealthy /rich people and they have been fine,just the same oas poor/deprived /common speaking folk.
We are class ridden.When people say the "top" I recoil.Who decides who or what is top. The bottom?That'll be folk with not a lot of worldy gains but good ,honest and honourable with real soul.
Far superior beings IMO than those thinking they are better because they have bigger car ,house,horses,orangery or a pool in the Garden.

One of the few benefits of being brought up by my parents was their abject contempt for class .My mum was born "poor" ,my dad quite wealthy. My sister went to elocution and I took piano and singing lessons from 7 yrs of age. We always had a car even in the 50s,holidays abroad when most went to Barry Island for a treat. Posh? Us? Just laughable.

YOU ARE ALL FREE AND CAN FEEL ANYWAY YOU LIKE AND VOTE ACCORDINGLY.MILLIONS HAVE BEEN SLIAGHTERED ,LITERALLY ,FOR US TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS.

Remember that.Always

Next time Tory boy comes to your door and mentions "ordinary people"heatbutt him and tell him Perch authorised it.
If Labour come and make out their are for the "working class" the same applies

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 17:25 - Mar 31 with 711 viewsfelixstowe_jack

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 10:24 - Mar 31 by johnlangy

Yes everyone knows it is a senedd election
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 17:26]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 19:31 - Mar 31 with 678 viewsNortbankboy

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 10:27 - Mar 31 by builthjack

Havent a clue what you are on about. Tories ?You live in a Labour area dont you?

Are people who turned their back on wales now living engerland
allowed to vote?
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 19:51 - Mar 31 with 660 viewsCatullus

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 19:31 - Mar 31 by Nortbankboy

Are people who turned their back on wales now living engerland
allowed to vote?

Turned their back on Wales? Seriously? People move homes, move countries to earn themselves a better life. It';s not turning their backs, it's looking after their futures and as long as we keep voting Welsh Labour in, no matter what, there won't be much of a future in most of Wales.

We made alcohol more expensive and let the shops keep the profit. We give free prescriptions to everybody, even the rich, we waste millions on an airport we know is losing millions, we cut ICU beds and A&E units and the Senedd act surprised when the NHS is close to failing, or just deny it. Who keeps the plastic bag surcharge? is that the shops too? Why were our waiting lists so long BEFORE the pandemic? Why is most of Wales left to rot so Cardiff can prosper?
Why do people insist on voting Labour and repeating the mantra Tories bad, you not Labour, must be Tory? Why is Labour so deserving of support when it's failing is?

Why is anyone who disagrees with you a tory or, so it sounds, a traitor?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 19:51 - Mar 31 with 663 viewskrunchykarrot

All i can add to this discussion is that im glad i wasnt in charge and had to make decisions, however Dickface has made a mess off our NHS in Wales way before C-19.
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 19:55 - Mar 31 with 656 viewsFlashberryjack

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 19:51 - Mar 31 by Catullus

Turned their back on Wales? Seriously? People move homes, move countries to earn themselves a better life. It';s not turning their backs, it's looking after their futures and as long as we keep voting Welsh Labour in, no matter what, there won't be much of a future in most of Wales.

We made alcohol more expensive and let the shops keep the profit. We give free prescriptions to everybody, even the rich, we waste millions on an airport we know is losing millions, we cut ICU beds and A&E units and the Senedd act surprised when the NHS is close to failing, or just deny it. Who keeps the plastic bag surcharge? is that the shops too? Why were our waiting lists so long BEFORE the pandemic? Why is most of Wales left to rot so Cardiff can prosper?
Why do people insist on voting Labour and repeating the mantra Tories bad, you not Labour, must be Tory? Why is Labour so deserving of support when it's failing is?

Why is anyone who disagrees with you a tory or, so it sounds, a traitor?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 19:57 - Mar 31 with 652 viewsNortbankboy

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 19:51 - Mar 31 by krunchykarrot

All i can add to this discussion is that im glad i wasnt in charge and had to make decisions, however Dickface has made a mess off our NHS in Wales way before C-19.

10 yrs of austerity has not helped the nhs.
In England and wales!
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 20:06 - Mar 31 with 642 viewsFlashberryjack

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 19:57 - Mar 31 by Nortbankboy

In England and wales!

Why did we need austerity ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 20:13 - Mar 31 with 637 viewskrunchykarrot

In England and wales!

Look i applaud the frontline nurses, but most of the NHS in Wales is failing. As a small country Drakeford could have targeted Health or Education and made a big difference instead we are carrying on in the same direction.

It will be interesting to see how Betsi Cadwaladr gets on with new chief. Austerity had nothing to do with their failings, perhaps paying 2k a day on a consultant contributed though?
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 20:13 - Mar 31 with 635 viewspencoedjack

In England and wales!

I work for an orthopaedic company I’ll tell you something that is fact, we are now shipping around 90% of 2019 quantities for hip/ knee operations to England & Scotland, Wales is below 10%.

If you are waiting for any orthopaedic surgery you are in for a very long wait in Wales.

It’s disgusting.
May 6th - Senedd Elections on 20:24 - Mar 31 with 626 viewskrunchykarrot

May 6th - Senedd Elections on 20:13 - Mar 31 by pencoedjack

I work for an orthopaedic company I’ll tell you something that is fact, we are now shipping around 90% of 2019 quantities for hip/ knee operations to England & Scotland, Wales is below 10%.

If you are waiting for any orthopaedic surgery you are in for a very long wait in Wales.

It’s disgusting.

To some the NHS cannot be criticised, but you only have to look at the facts to see its falling down in area. With C19 putting a massive strain and backlog i fear the worst, why couldnt our Welsh Assembly employed a specialist to overhaul?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024