Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Drakeford 21:39 - May 7 with 86238 viewsbuilthjack

👀
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 7:22]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 11:14 - Mar 1 with 1078 viewstrampie

Mr Drakeford on 10:38 - Mar 1 by felixstowe_jack

Agree all the Welsh people who have had to move to England to find work because of labour's anti business and anti infrastructure investment in Wales.

It skews election results.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Mr Drakeford on 12:58 - Mar 1 with 1041 viewsraynor94

Mr Drakeford on 10:17 - Mar 1 by trampie

Immigration and English media have a lot to answer.

The Welsh Assembly has a lot to answer for, the demise of the rest Wales compared to Cardiff has been shocking

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mr Drakeford on 13:03 - Mar 1 with 1031 viewstrampie

Mr Drakeford on 12:58 - Mar 1 by raynor94

The Welsh Assembly has a lot to answer for, the demise of the rest Wales compared to Cardiff has been shocking

They only get crumbs off the table, even the creator of the Barnett formula says so.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Mr Drakeford on 13:24 - Mar 1 with 1021 viewsraynor94

Mr Drakeford on 13:03 - Mar 1 by trampie

They only get crumbs off the table, even the creator of the Barnett formula says so.

And all those crumbs are spent in Cardiff, aren't you embarrassed by that.

What part of Wales are you living in?

Mr Drakeford on 15:14 - Mar 1 with 992 viewstrampie

Mr Drakeford on 13:24 - Mar 1 by raynor94

And all those crumbs are spent in Cardiff, aren't you embarrassed by that.

What part of Wales are you living in?

I'm in West Wales. Both Cardiff and Swansea get too much money spent on them, money needs to go to more rural areas, the party of Wales from what I've seen advocate spending away from the cities.

Mr Drakeford on 15:24 - Mar 1 with 988 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mr Drakeford on 15:14 - Mar 1 by trampie

I'm in West Wales. Both Cardiff and Swansea get too much money spent on them, money needs to go to more rural areas, the party of Wales from what I've seen advocate spending away from the cities.

West Wales remains one of the most economically deprived areas in Northern Europe. This has been the case for many years. This deprivation is not about how poor people are but indicates the amount of economic activity and or investment. It indicates that there has been minimal investment in West Wales.

https://fullfact.org/economy/does-uk-have-poorest-regions-northern-europe/

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Mr Drakeford on 15:39 - Mar 1 with 973 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 15:24 - Mar 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

West Wales remains one of the most economically deprived areas in Northern Europe. This has been the case for many years. This deprivation is not about how poor people are but indicates the amount of economic activity and or investment. It indicates that there has been minimal investment in West Wales.

WoL recent poll
" How well do you think the Welsh Government serves the interests of Wales?"

Just under half of the responses (49%) thought that the Welsh Government served the interest of Wales "not very well", compared with 28% that answered "somewhat well" and 22% that said, "very well".

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Drakeford on 16:22 - Mar 1 with 952 viewstrampie

Mr Drakeford on 15:24 - Mar 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

Mainline railway stops at Swansea, motorway stops at Pont Abraham but it's only 2 lanes from Port Talbot anyway, the old South Wales coalfield stops at about Cross Hands, there is not the money in farming that there once was.

People come here in droves for the good life, the incomers are old, the young from down here become economic migrants, but does the bulk of the current population want increased economic activity down here ?

I was asked by a cousin a couple of months ago if there was any tramps/beggars in my neck of the woods, I regard myself as quite Worldly but was taken aback, I said no, she said she was wondering because there is a lot in Swansea and Neath.

2/3 rds of properties in Wales are going to qualify for council rate rebate, my house or houses round me won't, the last house round here sold for over half a million, farm properties would be over a million, I don't think people round here would want industry or offices on their doorstep, it's not why they came here, I can only speak about the area I know.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 16:29]

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Drakeford on 17:32 - Mar 1 with 910 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mr Drakeford on 16:22 - Mar 1 by trampie

Mainline railway stops at Swansea, motorway stops at Pont Abraham but it's only 2 lanes from Port Talbot anyway, the old South Wales coalfield stops at about Cross Hands, there is not the money in farming that there once was.

People come here in droves for the good life, the incomers are old, the young from down here become economic migrants, but does the bulk of the current population want increased economic activity down here ?

I was asked by a cousin a couple of months ago if there was any tramps/beggars in my neck of the woods, I regard myself as quite Worldly but was taken aback, I said no, she said she was wondering because there is a lot in Swansea and Neath.

2/3 rds of properties in Wales are going to qualify for council rate rebate, my house or houses round me won't, the last house round here sold for over half a million, farm properties would be over a million, I don't think people round here would want industry or offices on their doorstep, it's not why they came here, I can only speak about the area I know.

I understand, the issue is a complete lack of strategy for West Wales. There are towns that would benefit greatly from some economic investment. One small example is the recent announcement of 500 MOJ jobs being relocated to Wales.
These are 'on line' jobs that could go anywhere in Wales, they would be great for West Wales together with some affordable housing investment which would mean maybe 2 or 300 young people would get the chance of a step up.
I wrote to Rebecca Evans about this a few weeks ago, without reply.

Mr Drakeford on 17:48 - Mar 1 with 895 viewsWhiterockin

This is top 100 businesses in South West Wales in 2017. Quite an interesting read, amazing how much these car dealerships turn over.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/100-biggest-companies-west-
Mr Drakeford on 19:46 - Mar 1 with 844 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 11:14 - Mar 1 by trampie

It skews election results.

Can you elaborate on "skews elections"?

Swansea gets too much you say? Well compare that to what Cardiff gets and it's a pittance.

The Barnett formula isn't fit for purpose and was only ever meant to be a short term fix. It doesn't mean Wales only gets crumbs off the table though when we get more than most regions in England. Then ask where all that money in Wales is spent.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mr Drakeford on 19:54 - Mar 1 with 838 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The council tax issue in areas like yours is a conundrum. My brother lives on a village in Pembrokeshire, he's been there for 30 years, houses are with a lot but some residents are scraping a living on farms or cleaning holiday homes. If we price them out with a big increase in council tax, then we will have more second homes etc. You can tax second homes, but some of the money coming out of London is silly, his neighbour brought a house for £700K out of his annual.bonus.

Mr Drakeford on 19:59 - Mar 1 with 828 viewstrampie

Mr Drakeford on 19:54 - Mar 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

The council tax issue in areas like yours is a conundrum. My brother lives on a village in Pembrokeshire, he's been there for 30 years, houses are with a lot but some residents are scraping a living on farms or cleaning holiday homes. If we price them out with a big increase in council tax, then we will have more second homes etc. You can tax second homes, but some of the money coming out of London is silly, his neighbour brought a house for £700K out of his annual.bonus.

Lots of the people around me are recently retired English people, they have come here for the good life, give it 10 or 15 years and then the Welsh NHS have to cope with the health issues of older people.

Mr Drakeford on 20:03 - Mar 1 with 826 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 19:59 - Mar 1 by trampie

Lots of the people around me are recently retired English people, they have come here for the good life, give it 10 or 15 years and then the Welsh NHS have to cope with the health issues of older people.

Welsh youngster have to leave because there is hardly a great future for them in Wales. The Senedd has seen to that every bit as much as Westminster.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mr Drakeford on 20:14 - Mar 1 with 817 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mr Drakeford on 19:59 - Mar 1 by trampie

There is a need to get the economy balanced, otherwise we get deeper into the mire. Raising taxes can only go so far, property prices in the SE of England are so much higher than Wales and there are loads of people due to retire in the next decade. As I said earlier, proper strategies are needed.
The reason we have the issues is we have just let them happen over the last few decades.
In Wales we have had a single party in control of some of this for 20 years and they have a stability in the votes they receive, so long term strategies are deliverable.

Mr Drakeford on 20:53 - Mar 1 with 796 viewsTenbySwan

They have announced that the budget for refurbishment of the houses of Parliament is 22 billion, which is the same as the total amount given to Wales for the entire year to run Health, Education, transport. Social care etc etc.
Those of you criticising Mark Drakeford and the Welsh Government just think about that for a moment
Mr Drakeford on 20:58 - Mar 1 with 784 viewstrampie

Mr Drakeford on 20:53 - Mar 1 by TenbySwan

They have announced that the budget for refurbishment of the houses of Parliament is 22 billion, which is the same as the total amount given to Wales for the entire year to run Health, Education, transport. Social care etc etc.
Those of you criticising Mark Drakeford and the Welsh Government just think about that for a moment

Blydi hell, that puts it in perspective, I'm not making no political point either, that is hard to believe isn't it, but there again perhaps not.

Mr Drakeford on 20:58 - Mar 1 with 784 viewsBoundy

its 18 billion actually

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Drakeford on 21:00 - Mar 1 with 774 viewsraynor94

I am and what a waste of £22 million given to the Cardiff assembly, the sooner its scrapped the better

Mr Drakeford on 21:05 - Mar 1 with 769 viewsTreforys_Jack

Mr Drakeford on 12:09 - Feb 27 by trampie

You know they say the best thing ever to come out of England is the M4.

I'd imagine some say the same about Wales.
Mr Drakeford on 21:11 - Mar 1 with 760 viewstrampie

Mr Drakeford on 21:05 - Mar 1 by Treforys_Jack

I'd imagine some say the same about Wales.

No doubt.

Mr Drakeford on 21:53 - Mar 1 with 728 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 20:58 - Mar 1 by Boundy

its 18 billion actually

Given the way public projects go over budget, Crossrail, HS2 etc I reckon it will end up much higher.
Mr Drakeford on 22:05 - Mar 1 with 719 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 20:14 - Mar 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

There is a need to get the economy balanced, otherwise we get deeper into the mire. Raising taxes can only go so far, property prices in the SE of England are so much higher than Wales and there are loads of people due to retire in the next decade. As I said earlier, proper strategies are needed.
The reason we have the issues is we have just let them happen over the last few decades.
In Wales we have had a single party in control of some of this for 20 years and they have a stability in the votes they receive, so long term strategies are deliverable.

There’s been huge level of inward migration in to West Wales over the last 3 or 4 years and it’s accelerated during the pandemic. I work in a public facing role and meet a huge cross section of society, it’s genuinely surprised me how many people have moved in to the area particularly in to the rural areas.
When people are in their 50s, 60s and early 70s they’re usually very independent, but as they get older they begin to require more medical treatment, care etc and all too often their families reside out of the area. This puts a huge strain on them, the NHS and local authorities. We definitely need joined up thinking and a mature sensible conversation about how these commitments are go8 g to be balanced.
Mr Drakeford on 22:53 - Mar 1 with 701 viewsTenbySwan

Mr Drakeford on 21:00 - Mar 1 by raynor94

I am and what a waste of £22 million given to the Cardiff assembly, the sooner its scrapped the better

What an idiotic comment.

Westminster is so well run isn't it!
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 23:06]
Mr Drakeford on 22:56 - Mar 1 with 695 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 20:58 - Mar 1 by trampie

Blydi hell, that puts it in perspective, I'm not making no political point either, that is hard to believe isn't it, but there again perhaps not.

Well if you read the article it said the cost MAY be 22 billion of the next 76 years so that is £300 million a year. The welsh block grant is currently £18 billion a year. At least compare like for like.

Under the Barnett formula Wales receives £120 for every £100 spent in England. That is 20% extra.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024