Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Drakeford 21:39 - May 7 with 86236 viewsbuilthjack

👀
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 7:22]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 10:29 - Mar 9 with 1102 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 18:09 - Mar 8 by Treforys_Jack

But we get free prescriptions mun !!!

I supported an independent Wales at one time loved the thought of the Senedd, but as soon as they plonked it into Cardiff instead of Mid Wales the writing was on the wall. It has been an unmitigated disaster for most of Wales
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 18:14]

When I was a teenager I was all for ditching the hated English, for indy Wales but over tie I learned, I experienced and I understood more. That is why I am now for staying in the Union.

Kilky thinks the young will take us out but todays young will grow, learn and experience too and many of them will change their minds. When they can talk to each other in Cymraeg about how badly Wales is doing, about how they can't get an operation or a decent job will being able to converse in Welsh sooth their furrowed brows and make them happy? Then, when the leave Wales to find a better life, quite possibly in England, will Welsh be any good to them?

My son is even more adamant today that he doesn't want to learn Welsh, or French for that matter, he wants to learn Spanish. It should be his choice, it's his future after all.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mr Drakeford on 15:52 - May 24 with 947 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Seems Mr Drakeford has started the nationalisation of farming in Wales with over £4 million of taxpayers money spent on buying one near Crickhowell.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Mr Drakeford on 16:14 - May 24 with 932 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 15:52 - May 24 by felixstowe_jack

Seems Mr Drakeford has started the nationalisation of farming in Wales with over £4 million of taxpayers money spent on buying one near Crickhowell.

4.25 million to be precise so that the "farm " can hold the Green man festivals but read it yourself (if you wish) but it does make interesting reading

https://jacothenorth.net/blog/green-man-red-herring/

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Drakeford on 16:45 - May 24 with 917 viewsDr_Winston

Some more good examples of how the idiocy of the Senedd's approach did lasting damage to the Welsh economy. Businesses on one side of a street forced to close whilst those on the other carried on trading with no issues.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/britain-ancient-borders-pandemic

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mr Drakeford on 17:44 - May 24 with 888 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 15:52 - May 24 by felixstowe_jack

4 million is not a lot for a farm
Mr Drakeford on 18:02 - May 24 with 871 viewsFlashberryjack

Mr Drakeford on 17:44 - May 24 by controversial_jack

4 million is not a lot for a farm

It isn't, especially when it's someone else's money.

The guy is an absolute drongo.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mr Drakeford on 18:21 - May 24 with 847 viewsshingle

Just did a job for a guy whose mother has had a stroke and is in hospital and his father is wheelchair bound and was looked after by the mother, he has now had to go on sick leave to look after the father and probably the mother as well once she comes out of hospital because the Social services have told him there are no carers available and this is now becoming the norm, so what happens when he has to go back to work he also has a family of his own it is an absolute shambles out there, oh they did say they would pay him £69 a week carers allowance if he become there carer sad times indeed, yep Drakeford is certainly doing a great job.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 18:22]
Mr Drakeford on 18:42 - May 24 with 836 viewsshingle

Mr Drakeford on 18:21 - May 24 by shingle

Just did a job for a guy whose mother has had a stroke and is in hospital and his father is wheelchair bound and was looked after by the mother, he has now had to go on sick leave to look after the father and probably the mother as well once she comes out of hospital because the Social services have told him there are no carers available and this is now becoming the norm, so what happens when he has to go back to work he also has a family of his own it is an absolute shambles out there, oh they did say they would pay him £69 a week carers allowance if he become there carer sad times indeed, yep Drakeford is certainly doing a great job.

And while i am at it there is an hereditary disease called Charcot Marie Tooth Disease which is a degenerative muscle wasting disease which is passed down from the parent to the children, to check and get diagnosed you have to see a Neurologist and also get genetic testing however the waiting time to see the Neurologist is 18 months as there is only one available in the Hywel Dda area, and once you eventually get to see him he will then refer you for Genetic testing testing and you have to go to England to get that done, yep Drakeford is certainly doing a great job
[Post edited 24 May 2022 19:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Drakeford on 19:23 - May 24 with 803 viewsFlashberryjack

Mr Drakeford on 18:42 - May 24 by shingle

And while i am at it there is an hereditary disease called Charcot Marie Tooth Disease which is a degenerative muscle wasting disease which is passed down from the parent to the children, to check and get diagnosed you have to see a Neurologist and also get genetic testing however the waiting time to see the Neurologist is 18 months as there is only one available in the Hywel Dda area, and once you eventually get to see him he will then refer you for Genetic testing testing and you have to go to England to get that done, yep Drakeford is certainly doing a great job
[Post edited 24 May 2022 19:16]

Yep, just brought a family member back from treatment in England, because there are no facilities for this treatment in Wales.

But Drakeford and his band of idiots can find £4.5 million to buy a farm so a festival can continue, and a further £1 million on agricultural land to plant trees, yeah he's a f*cking idiot right enough.

Hello

Mr Drakeford on 20:34 - May 24 with 776 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 19:23 - May 24 by Flashberryjack

Yep, just brought a family member back from treatment in England, because there are no facilities for this treatment in Wales.

But Drakeford and his band of idiots can find £4.5 million to buy a farm so a festival can continue, and a further £1 million on agricultural land to plant trees, yeah he's a f*cking idiot right enough.

Have you collected yours yet , I know where I'd like to plant mine ,

https://gov.wales/every-household-wales-will-be-given-free-tree-plant-part-welsh
[Post edited 24 May 2022 20:37]

Mr Drakeford on 21:04 - May 24 with 750 viewsFlashberryjack

Mr Drakeford on 20:34 - May 24 by Boundy

Have you collected yours yet , I know where I'd like to plant mine ,

https://gov.wales/every-household-wales-will-be-given-free-tree-plant-part-welsh
[Post edited 24 May 2022 20:37]

I wonder how much this lunacy has cost ?

Hello

Mr Drakeford on 21:31 - May 24 with 731 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 21:04 - May 24 by Flashberryjack

I wonder how much this lunacy has cost ?

Small change, over 17 million .

Funding for trees
The Welsh Government allocated £5m in 2020-21 to the National Forest. Parts of that are dedicated to Community Woodlands, a capital grant scheme by the National Lottery Heritage Scheme, which provides £2.1m to community woodland projects. Further funding for woodlands is available via Glastir, the Welsh Government’s sustainable land management scheme. It provides funding to farmers and land managers for woodland creation (£17m in 2020) and restoration (£2.1m in 2020).

Mr Drakeford on 21:44 - May 24 with 718 viewsFlashberryjack

Mr Drakeford on 21:31 - May 24 by Boundy

Small change, over 17 million .

Funding for trees
The Welsh Government allocated £5m in 2020-21 to the National Forest. Parts of that are dedicated to Community Woodlands, a capital grant scheme by the National Lottery Heritage Scheme, which provides £2.1m to community woodland projects. Further funding for woodlands is available via Glastir, the Welsh Government’s sustainable land management scheme. It provides funding to farmers and land managers for woodland creation (£17m in 2020) and restoration (£2.1m in 2020).

Only £17 million, small change then.

Wales is run by a bunch of clowns, when will people realise this.

Hello

Mr Drakeford on 22:24 - May 24 with 706 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 21:44 - May 24 by Flashberryjack

Just in case it's past peoples notice but for every tree planted in Wales we also contribute to Uganda's tree planting scheme and have been since 2014 and strangely enough the charity is based in cardiff. A recent job vacancy for a Director was advertised with a salary of 45K and you'll never guess who the Chairman on the board of Trustees is , our recently retired 1st minster , Carwyn Jones .

"The Welsh Government’s Wales for Africa Programme is covering the direct costs of the Ugandan trees as part of its wider efforts to promote greater resilience to climate change in the Mbale Region. By making a direct connection between people and communities in Wales and by tree planting both in Wales and in Uganda, Wales for Africa is building on the strong links that have been developed between communities over many years. Through the Wales for Africa Programme Wales looks beyond our own two million hectares and engages in global issues of development and environment." But we are global so they also give a hand in Kenya as well

https://sizeofwales.org.uk/about-us/plant-scheme/#:~:text=Plant!%20is%20a%20sche

Mr Drakeford on 22:28 - May 24 with 705 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 18:21 - May 24 by shingle

That’s a terrible situation.

The lack of carers isn’t just an issue in Wales, it’s a huge UK wide problem for a number of reasons. Carers aren’t paid much more than minimum wage and quite often the working conditions are poor and people have other choices.
I know someone who worked as a carer prior to starting their degree, if they can across a “medical issue” on their rounds for example a patient who had fallen they were expected to phone the family or emergency services and leave to deal with the next client, they wouldn't get paid extra if they finished late on account of a client etc.

Carers are still subject of Covid restrictions and the requirement to self isolate impacts on those employed as carers and they are down on numbers. Covid has also made people think twice about their priorities and wanting to work.

Prior to Brexit the UK filled a lot of its carer vacancies using EU citizens, post Brexit many European nationals can’t satisfy the criteria for a work permit and can’t get a visa, this was a risk flagged up prior to our departure from the EU. ( This isn’t meant to be a criticism of Brexit just merely pointing out a fact). In rural West Wales where there’s limited other opportunities it’s easier (but it’s still not easy) to recruit carers but in places where there is more competition for workers it’s very difficult.

Short of big pay rises for carers, there’s no easy solution.
Mr Drakeford on 22:43 - May 24 with 696 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 21:44 - May 24 by Flashberryjack

In England the budget for tree planting and peatland restoration for the next few years is over £720m, the plan is to plant over 90m trees in over 74,000 acres. The Government’s seek to reverse the tide of nature loss, improve bio diversity and to leave the environment in a better state than they found it. Planting trees is part of the plan to become carbon neutral by 2050.

Wales and England are playing catch up and well behind Scotland. We desperately need to improve our environment and I think planting broadleaf trees is a reasonable proposal.
Mr Drakeford on 09:33 - May 25 with 630 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 22:43 - May 24 by majorraglan

In England the budget for tree planting and peatland restoration for the next few years is over £720m, the plan is to plant over 90m trees in over 74,000 acres. The Government’s seek to reverse the tide of nature loss, improve bio diversity and to leave the environment in a better state than they found it. Planting trees is part of the plan to become carbon neutral by 2050.

Wales and England are playing catch up and well behind Scotland. We desperately need to improve our environment and I think planting broadleaf trees is a reasonable proposal.

If that's the case, England is spending 42 times more than Wales, despite a population just 15 times greater. If Wales is run by wasteful clowns, then how would we describe Westminster?
Mr Drakeford on 09:57 - May 25 with 630 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 22:43 - May 24 by majorraglan

Wouldn't money be better spent on providing better grants to Welsh farmers so they could use the land to produce more food to be consumed by the indigenous population rather that having to relay on exports and with it a fragile supply chain .Welsh farming is the cornerstone of the £7.9 billion food sector and yet the Senedd are more committed to rewilding , spending taxpayers money on overseas schemes and trying to make it appear more important than it actually is.
Have a read of A Week in Future Wales ( Wythnos yng Nghymru Fydd) published in 1957, the premise of the story is the main character is a time traveller who goes forward to 2033 Wales where he encounters ; a dead country, its population living in grey servitude — its land, re-wilded with thick forest, used as a playground and prison camp by the all-powerful English State. Sounds familiar to me and a direction in which this assembly is taking us . " Farming in the is country is seen by Jane Powell, a coordinator of the Wales Real Food and Farming Conference, and who has been involved in rewilding projects, says farmers are seen by some as “incidental” to the countryside: “That they [farmers] had trashed the wildlife and now someone else was going to restore it.” and that's the mindset of the woolly headed thinkers in the mud flats in Cardiff .

Mr Drakeford on 12:37 - May 25 with 612 viewsBryanSwan

Mr Drakeford on 22:28 - May 24 by majorraglan

That’s a terrible situation.

The lack of carers isn’t just an issue in Wales, it’s a huge UK wide problem for a number of reasons. Carers aren’t paid much more than minimum wage and quite often the working conditions are poor and people have other choices.
I know someone who worked as a carer prior to starting their degree, if they can across a “medical issue” on their rounds for example a patient who had fallen they were expected to phone the family or emergency services and leave to deal with the next client, they wouldn't get paid extra if they finished late on account of a client etc.

Carers are still subject of Covid restrictions and the requirement to self isolate impacts on those employed as carers and they are down on numbers. Covid has also made people think twice about their priorities and wanting to work.

Prior to Brexit the UK filled a lot of its carer vacancies using EU citizens, post Brexit many European nationals can’t satisfy the criteria for a work permit and can’t get a visa, this was a risk flagged up prior to our departure from the EU. ( This isn’t meant to be a criticism of Brexit just merely pointing out a fact). In rural West Wales where there’s limited other opportunities it’s easier (but it’s still not easy) to recruit carers but in places where there is more competition for workers it’s very difficult.

Short of big pay rises for carers, there’s no easy solution.

A simply solution would be to bring care fully into public hands and pay them an adequate wage. The private firms involved in the care sector are an absolute disgrace.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Mr Drakeford on 13:29 - May 25 with 604 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 12:37 - May 25 by BryanSwan

A simply solution would be to bring care fully into public hands and pay them an adequate wage. The private firms involved in the care sector are an absolute disgrace.

Not sure whether that would change anything , my late mother in law resided in a council run facility and the family were charged £650 per week , the carers were brilliant but overworked and under paid .

Mr Drakeford on 14:03 - May 25 with 597 viewsBryanSwan

Mr Drakeford on 13:29 - May 25 by Boundy

Not sure whether that would change anything , my late mother in law resided in a council run facility and the family were charged £650 per week , the carers were brilliant but overworked and under paid .

Unfortunately it may not and i doubt it would ever happen to begin with, but nationalising the entire service and taking out the for profit element would be a start.
The demands put on carers currently are ridiculous and with the minimum wage pay its no wounder it has gone the way it has. They are brilliant skilled workers providing a vital service to communities, we should pay them as such.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Mr Drakeford on 21:45 - May 25 with 539 viewsLorax

The Senedd is trying to build barriers,

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/welsh-government-urged-to-scrap-barmy-plan
Mr Drakeford on 22:21 - May 25 with 535 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 09:57 - May 25 by Boundy

Wouldn't money be better spent on providing better grants to Welsh farmers so they could use the land to produce more food to be consumed by the indigenous population rather that having to relay on exports and with it a fragile supply chain .Welsh farming is the cornerstone of the £7.9 billion food sector and yet the Senedd are more committed to rewilding , spending taxpayers money on overseas schemes and trying to make it appear more important than it actually is.
Have a read of A Week in Future Wales ( Wythnos yng Nghymru Fydd) published in 1957, the premise of the story is the main character is a time traveller who goes forward to 2033 Wales where he encounters ; a dead country, its population living in grey servitude — its land, re-wilded with thick forest, used as a playground and prison camp by the all-powerful English State. Sounds familiar to me and a direction in which this assembly is taking us . " Farming in the is country is seen by Jane Powell, a coordinator of the Wales Real Food and Farming Conference, and who has been involved in rewilding projects, says farmers are seen by some as “incidental” to the countryside: “That they [farmers] had trashed the wildlife and now someone else was going to restore it.” and that's the mindset of the woolly headed thinkers in the mud flats in Cardiff .

We certainly need to be more self sufficient and less reliant on food imports as the pandemic and recent events in the Ukraine have shown, but we also need to “Green” the environment and planting more trees here and getting other countries to do the same thing ( not necessarily our expense) is a positive move. Other countries including Norway and organisations including the UN are finding tree planting in Africa and South America.

One area we need to consider is how we get people to work in the agricultural sector, the last few years have seen numerous reports of produce rotting in the fields on account of a lack of workers to pick the produce - it’s low pay and physically demanding and doesn’t attract people, that’s an issue we have to address post Brexit.
Mr Drakeford on 08:27 - May 26 with 506 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 22:21 - May 25 by majorraglan

We certainly need to be more self sufficient and less reliant on food imports as the pandemic and recent events in the Ukraine have shown, but we also need to “Green” the environment and planting more trees here and getting other countries to do the same thing ( not necessarily our expense) is a positive move. Other countries including Norway and organisations including the UN are finding tree planting in Africa and South America.

One area we need to consider is how we get people to work in the agricultural sector, the last few years have seen numerous reports of produce rotting in the fields on account of a lack of workers to pick the produce - it’s low pay and physically demanding and doesn’t attract people, that’s an issue we have to address post Brexit.

It will always be a problem when we have million people happy to do nothing and live off the state due to our generous unemployed benefits.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Mr Drakeford on 09:19 - May 26 with 501 viewsLorax

Mr Drakeford on 08:27 - May 26 by felixstowe_jack

It will always be a problem when we have million people happy to do nothing and live off the state due to our generous unemployed benefits.

You're right, when there are so many jobs available people should be in work. The government is part of the problem there.

We should stop subsidising corporate greed by paying top ups via benefits to the global organisations that make billions in profits and pay minimum wage.

I'm not sure how to make that work but maybe the minimum wage should be different, smaller businesses making smaller profits can pay the 9.50 but any company making billions and paying vast salaries to CEO's and directors should have to pay 12.50? Maybe a sliding scale.
Somebody cleverer than I can mull that one over!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024