Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thomas Henry 20:42 - Jun 4 with 3211 viewsmagicdaps10

Report on twitter that we have entered negotiations.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Thomas Henry on 20:57 - Jun 4 with 2574 viewsguthrieintherain

Valued at over 3 million quid with clubs in Turkey and Germany interested.

If we had gone up yes but unlikely now

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Thomas Henry on 21:22 - Jun 4 with 2522 views34dfgdf54

Few sources saying this is close
(No subject) on 22:55 - Jun 4 with 2397 viewsguthrieintherain

Thomas Henry on 21:22 - Jun 4 by 34dfgdf54

Few sources saying this is close

Hope so

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Thomas Henry on 01:19 - Jun 5 with 2273 viewsDr_Parnassus

Thomas Henry on 20:57 - Jun 4 by guthrieintherain

Valued at over 3 million quid with clubs in Turkey and Germany interested.

If we had gone up yes but unlikely now

It’s the one position that requires true attention, you can rarely make do or go cheap in that position.. as we found out.

If we are to make a £1m-£2m signing ?or whatever it may be), then this is the position to do it for. It’s worth having less elsewhere.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Thomas Henry on 01:28 - Jun 5 with 2280 viewsKeithHaynes

Apparently he has signed 😉
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001794/

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Thomas Henry on 01:32 - Jun 5 with 2272 viewsKeithHaynes

Seriously it’s been on the cards for weeks, however the fee should tell everyone that someone will be leaving or even more.

Thomas Henry on 05:42 - Jun 5 with 2238 views34dfgdf54

Thomas Henry on 01:32 - Jun 5 by KeithHaynes

Seriously it’s been on the cards for weeks, however the fee should tell everyone that someone will be leaving or even more.

Unless the freeing up of Ayew’s wages will free up some funds?

Though you’re probably right, atleast one will be going.
Thomas Henry on 08:17 - Jun 5 with 2149 viewsmajorraglan

Thomas Henry on 05:42 - Jun 5 by 34dfgdf54

Unless the freeing up of Ayew’s wages will free up some funds?

Though you’re probably right, atleast one will be going.

The freeing up of Ayew’s wages will coincide with a drop in income from the loss of the Parachute Payments, last season was the final year and it amounted to approximately £14.5m (according to online sources). Unless the club has serious cash in the bank from previous profits (which I don’t think it has) there are limited ways a club can lose that kind of revenue and still splash out a couple of million on a new player, one would be going in to debt and borrowing, issuing more shares which would dilute existing shareholders holdings unless they put more cash in or selling players. My money would be on the latter, but which player/players is the question.
Login to get fewer ads

Thomas Henry on 08:29 - Jun 5 with 2130 viewsDr_Winston

Thomas Henry on 08:17 - Jun 5 by majorraglan

The freeing up of Ayew’s wages will coincide with a drop in income from the loss of the Parachute Payments, last season was the final year and it amounted to approximately £14.5m (according to online sources). Unless the club has serious cash in the bank from previous profits (which I don’t think it has) there are limited ways a club can lose that kind of revenue and still splash out a couple of million on a new player, one would be going in to debt and borrowing, issuing more shares which would dilute existing shareholders holdings unless they put more cash in or selling players. My money would be on the latter, but which player/players is the question.

Think the last set of accounts indicated a cash balance, but what that looks like after another year of Covid is anyone's guess.

I wouldn't bet against us being able to fund this deal without sales. £4m a year saved from Ayew, Guehi and Hourihane loan wages/fees probably add up to another couple of million. If a player does depart then we'll probably do even more business, but with Cooper in charge we run the risk of wasting a lot of it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Thomas Henry on 08:47 - Jun 5 with 2109 viewsmagicdaps10

I think you will find that the money from the sale of Rodon plus the sales from Asoro, Celina and Peterson have hardly been touched aside from 1m put towards Lowe and Manning.

Guehis loan was paid when he first signed as it was a 6month deal with an option for both parties to take it up another 12 months, Woodman pushed the loan last summer, Hourihane would have been costly enough wages wise but a loan for 4 months wouldn't have cost a lot fee wise.

The pandemic will have hit us financially of course but it would have done every other club and would effect fees massively for some clubs looking to sell to balance books.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Thomas Henry on 09:51 - Jun 5 with 2060 viewsraynor94

Looking at his stats, he's only had one good season, the last one, scoring 21, strange for a 26 year old.

And most of his football has been played in lower league French football.

He certainly blossomed last season, let's hope it continues if he signs.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Thomas Henry on 10:41 - Jun 5 with 1993 viewsBadlands

A bitt of an expensive gamble given his history, he isn't a player who creates his own chances and the way Cooper plays up others have not been setting up chances.
Could be great, could be a Borja.
Fee and wages probably less than the cost to loan a Liverpool 18 year old.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Thomas Henry on 13:02 - Jun 5 with 1876 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Thomas Henry on 09:51 - Jun 5 by raynor94

Looking at his stats, he's only had one good season, the last one, scoring 21, strange for a 26 year old.

And most of his football has been played in lower league French football.

He certainly blossomed last season, let's hope it continues if he signs.

At 6’3” I’m sure Bidwell’s left foot will give him some excellent crosses to score from

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Thomas Henry on 14:46 - Jun 5 with 1791 viewsCatullus

Thomas Henry on 10:41 - Jun 5 by Badlands

A bitt of an expensive gamble given his history, he isn't a player who creates his own chances and the way Cooper plays up others have not been setting up chances.
Could be great, could be a Borja.
Fee and wages probably less than the cost to loan a Liverpool 18 year old.

We can't keep relying on loanees though. Why pay a fee and the wages only to improve young a player for another club?

As we know only too well not all loans work out either. Isn't it time we bought players and tried to improve and move on for a profit, renting players is just giving money away.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Thomas Henry on 15:02 - Jun 5 with 1759 viewsReslovenSwan1

Thomas Henry on 14:46 - Jun 5 by Catullus

We can't keep relying on loanees though. Why pay a fee and the wages only to improve young a player for another club?

As we know only too well not all loans work out either. Isn't it time we bought players and tried to improve and move on for a profit, renting players is just giving money away.

Cooper has spoen about this. The loans have to be elite in my view or a loan with a view ta purchased. Neco Williams could be a straight replacement for a departed CR23 helping greatly with the cash flow and giving time for Garrick and Rushesha to develop. A Billy Gimour would be great. Remember Marc Guehi is lavishing praise on Swansea for his spell.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Thomas Henry on 15:03 - Jun 5 with 1761 viewsraynor94

Thomas Henry on 13:02 - Jun 5 by Brynmill_Jack

At 6’3” I’m sure Bidwell’s left foot will give him some excellent crosses to score from

Our Keifer Moore

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Thomas Henry on 15:13 - Jun 5 with 1754 views34dfgdf54

Thomas Henry on 08:17 - Jun 5 by majorraglan

Ah yeah good point.

It’s the type of striker Cooper would want if he’s still here. Big lump of a fella.
Thomas Henry on 15:51 - Jun 5 with 1709 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Thomas Henry on 15:03 - Jun 5 by raynor94

Our Keifer Moore

With a bit more finesse perhaps

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Thomas Henry on 16:46 - Jun 5 with 1628 viewsCatullus

Thomas Henry on 15:02 - Jun 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper has spoen about this. The loans have to be elite in my view or a loan with a view ta purchased. Neco Williams could be a straight replacement for a departed CR23 helping greatly with the cash flow and giving time for Garrick and Rushesha to develop. A Billy Gimour would be great. Remember Marc Guehi is lavishing praise on Swansea for his spell.

I agree, the loanee has to bee good enough to be straight in the team. I've said on the other thread if Williams would definitely come here and someone offers enough, I'd sell Roberts to fund a striker.

It always comes back to Cooper though, will he still be our manager or will we have someone new who wants a flat back 4, a 3 with or without wingbacks...we need some certainty before we can move on properly.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Thomas Henry on 16:55 - Jun 5 with 1615 viewsjack247

Thomas Henry on 14:46 - Jun 5 by Catullus

Because we can’t afford or attract quality like Guehi, Brewster and Gallagher on permanent deals in the championship. Agreed they don’t all work out, but neither do all permanent signings.

It’s just a case of do they improve the side or not, when they do, I’m all for it. We won’t get Guehi next season, but given his development, I’m sure Chelsea would be open to loaning us whoever is next in line.

To be fair, I think we do a bit of both. I’m sure Whittaker for example, was brought in with that in mind.
Thomas Henry on 13:13 - Jun 7 with 1299 views34dfgdf54

Tom Coleman reporting genuine interest but priced out of move.
Thomas Henry on 13:58 - Jun 7 with 1232 viewsDr_Parnassus

Thomas Henry on 08:47 - Jun 5 by magicdaps10

I think you will find that the money from the sale of Rodon plus the sales from Asoro, Celina and Peterson have hardly been touched aside from 1m put towards Lowe and Manning.

Guehis loan was paid when he first signed as it was a 6month deal with an option for both parties to take it up another 12 months, Woodman pushed the loan last summer, Hourihane would have been costly enough wages wise but a loan for 4 months wouldn't have cost a lot fee wise.

The pandemic will have hit us financially of course but it would have done every other club and would effect fees massively for some clubs looking to sell to balance books.

Nobody will find that, simply because it’s clearly not true.

Up to this point we needed sales to cover continuous and future overheads.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Thomas Henry on 14:09 - Jun 7 with 1215 viewsBadlands

Thomas Henry on 13:58 - Jun 7 by Dr_Parnassus

Nobody will find that, simply because it’s clearly not true.

Up to this point we needed sales to cover continuous and future overheads.

And address historic debt spent bringing in hopelessly overrated and overpriced and overpaid player trying to stay in the PL.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Thomas Henry on 15:03 - Jun 7 with 1132 viewsNotLoyal

Report on here today too, as well as 3 days ago, with all due respects to twitter, I know who I would prefer to believe.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Thomas Henry on 15:08 - Jun 7 with 1124 viewsKeithHaynes

Thomas Henry on 15:03 - Jun 7 by NotLoyal

Report on here today too, as well as 3 days ago, with all due respects to twitter, I know who I would prefer to believe.

We do our best.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024