Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woodman 09:16 - Jun 25 with 2600 views34dfgdf54

Another loan deal close?

We don’t fancy benda at all then?
Woodman on 09:19 - Jun 25 with 2015 viewsonehunglow

Pleae Blaine ,it's still early.#
I was planning a pleasant day.
The thought of Woody behind the sticks is horrendous.

We don't fancy Benda .Newcastle don't fancy Woody.

What a state

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Woodman on 09:39 - Jun 25 with 1972 viewsBadlands

I really think the club needs to bring in a new manager before making and big calls.
I know Woodman won the golden glove, pulled of a number of stunning saves and made few obvious howlers but he had a fantastic defence and played safe also his distribution was weak (maybe because of our static midfield)
But he's probably as good as we are going to get and is more than decent in this division.
For me he has made no progress and would be better off going to a club with a really good goalkeeping coach.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Woodman on 09:52 - Jun 25 with 1949 viewsandypitt56

Maybe we see it as a good idea to send Benda out on loan again. I assumed he was due to play cup games this year. He was injured for a long time, might do him some good to get another loan spell. Newport are looking for a new keeper arent they?
Woodman on 09:53 - Jun 25 with 1936 viewsonehunglow

Woodman on 09:39 - Jun 25 by Badlands

I really think the club needs to bring in a new manager before making and big calls.
I know Woodman won the golden glove, pulled of a number of stunning saves and made few obvious howlers but he had a fantastic defence and played safe also his distribution was weak (maybe because of our static midfield)
But he's probably as good as we are going to get and is more than decent in this division.
For me he has made no progress and would be better off going to a club with a really good goalkeeping coach.

Morning bad.
Of course that should be the case.
Right now,if I were Winter I d put Steveo on gardening leave and really ensure a replacement is ready to come in.

Bye Steve and Mike

Woodman on 09:59 - Jun 25 with 1921 viewsraynor94

You don't rate Margetson as a good goalkeeping coach?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Woodman on 10:00 - Jun 25 with 1922 viewsnantywatcher

"pulled of a number of stunning saves."
That I truly do not remember - some good saves but nothing I would describe as being remotely stunning.
Woodman on 10:08 - Jun 25 with 1901 viewsKeithHaynes

This is Phil’s story on PS right ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Woodman on 10:35 - Jun 25 with 1851 views34dfgdf54

Woodman on 10:08 - Jun 25 by KeithHaynes

This is Phil’s story on PS right ?

Not sure Keith, one of the lads put it in the group chat so just relayed on here, not seen anything on twitter etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Woodman on 10:35 - Jun 25 with 1851 viewsjasper_T

Woodman on 09:52 - Jun 25 by andypitt56

Maybe we see it as a good idea to send Benda out on loan again. I assumed he was due to play cup games this year. He was injured for a long time, might do him some good to get another loan spell. Newport are looking for a new keeper arent they?

No, they've still got Nick Townsend and have brought Joe Day back.

Benda's too good for League Two. Won it already.
Woodman on 10:36 - Jun 25 with 1848 viewsjack247

I’m hoping Cooper turns out to be a modern day Sousa.

Boring to watch, don’t score many goals, but really tightened the defence up after the more aesthetic football from Potter/Martinez.

Guehi is a big loss, but so far it’s only one player from our defence. If the next man comes in and brings a bit of creativity to midfield without hampering the defence too much, Woodman would be absolutely fine.
Woodman on 10:38 - Jun 25 with 1835 views34dfgdf54

Woodman on 10:36 - Jun 25 by jack247

I’m hoping Cooper turns out to be a modern day Sousa.

Boring to watch, don’t score many goals, but really tightened the defence up after the more aesthetic football from Potter/Martinez.

Guehi is a big loss, but so far it’s only one player from our defence. If the next man comes in and brings a bit of creativity to midfield without hampering the defence too much, Woodman would be absolutely fine.

I see Brandon Cooper having a breakthrough season, which will hopefully mean the loss of Guehi isn't felt as much.

I tend to agree with Badlands with this though, new manager should be making these calls and seeing what he thinks of Benda first. I see no reason in using one of our loan slots on a keeper if we have one already just as good.
Woodman on 10:56 - Jun 25 with 1805 viewsBoundy

Woodman on 10:38 - Jun 25 by 34dfgdf54

I see Brandon Cooper having a breakthrough season, which will hopefully mean the loss of Guehi isn't felt as much.

I tend to agree with Badlands with this though, new manager should be making these calls and seeing what he thinks of Benda first. I see no reason in using one of our loan slots on a keeper if we have one already just as good.

From what I've seen of Benda (admittedly via the U23 games) Imo he's more than adequate certainly on par if not better than Woodman being mobile strong and brave. Not sure what another loan spell for Freddie will do for us

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Woodman on 10:57 - Jun 25 with 1802 viewsKeithHaynes

Woodman on 10:35 - Jun 25 by 34dfgdf54

Not sure Keith, one of the lads put it in the group chat so just relayed on here, not seen anything on twitter etc.

I would say if Phil has published it then it’s pretty much spot on.

Bit like this website 🤗

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Woodman on 11:00 - Jun 25 with 1795 viewsvetchonian

Maybe Cooper is not going anywhere

Recently much was being said about the "recruitment" team being key in bringing in players "despite" who was manager....a lot of discussion on this in the various threads...so which way is it we are going the manager having the call or the recruiters

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Woodman on 11:21 - Jun 25 with 1744 viewsCatullus

Woodman on 10:00 - Jun 25 by nantywatcher

That I truly do not remember - some good saves but nothing I would describe as being remotely stunning.

I think he made more than a few mistakes too. Kicking the ball straight into touch on numerous occassions, it's hardly great, gifting possesion to the oppo. His inability to command his own box.

I think having him back again is a mistake.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Woodman on 11:39 - Jun 25 with 1710 viewsDr_Winston

Woodman on 11:21 - Jun 25 by Catullus

I think he made more than a few mistakes too. Kicking the ball straight into touch on numerous occassions, it's hardly great, gifting possesion to the oppo. His inability to command his own box.

A slap in the face for Benda whether on loan or permanent. Woodman's not done much in two years to deserve our apparent fascination with him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Woodman on 11:53 - Jun 25 with 1691 viewsjasper_T

Benda's older and more experienced than Woodman was when we handed him the shirt and let him get on with it. Plenty of rumours last summer of clubs higher up the pyramid looking at him, either genuine or planted by a dissatisfied agent. If we want to be a sustainable club the production line has to keep moving, and it won't if other clubs assets are continually put to the front of the queue.

No shortage of keepers in the u23s either. Jamie Searle called up by NZ. New signings coming in. A cracker in the scholars. Logjam.
Woodman on 12:09 - Jun 25 with 1661 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Woodman on 10:00 - Jun 25 by nantywatcher

Saving penalties is pretty stunning.
Woodman on 12:23 - Jun 25 with 1651 viewsCatullus

Woodman on 12:09 - Jun 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Saving penalties is pretty stunning.

That's the best thing about him but does that match up against the mistakes or poor distribution that cost us possession?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Woodman on 12:37 - Jun 25 with 1631 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Woodman wants to play football for Swansea he should not have signed a three year deal with Newcastle. He would now be available on a free, NUFC wanted Swansea to get promoted and see Cooper bend Winters ear for Woddman at £3m, NUFC would have said £7m or walk.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Woodman on 12:47 - Jun 25 with 1613 viewsCatullus

Woodman on 12:37 - Jun 25 by ReslovenSwan1

If Woodman wants to play football for Swansea he should not have signed a three year deal with Newcastle. He would now be available on a free, NUFC wanted Swansea to get promoted and see Cooper bend Winters ear for Woddman at £3m, NUFC would have said £7m or walk.

You're very good at this prediction lark, what are tonights lottery numbers please?

Woodman wanted the penny and the bun, he wanted first team football but he also wanted the wages Newcastle would pay, he would have been offered much less to play for us, even on a free. Besides which, Woodman has said more than once he sees himself as a Newcastle player with his ultimate aim to be their first choice keeper. He would never has risked turning down a new Toon contract to come play for us.

He's apparently rated around 9 million which I think is a bit much. Last season a lot of his success was built on our defence being really very good, until Christmas anyway.

Woodman on 13:03 - Jun 25 with 1570 viewsChief

Woodman on 11:53 - Jun 25 by jasper_T

Benda's older and more experienced than Woodman was when we handed him the shirt and let him get on with it. Plenty of rumours last summer of clubs higher up the pyramid looking at him, either genuine or planted by a dissatisfied agent. If we want to be a sustainable club the production line has to keep moving, and it won't if other clubs assets are continually put to the front of the queue.

No shortage of keepers in the u23s either. Jamie Searle called up by NZ. New signings coming in. A cracker in the scholars. Logjam.

Dafydd Logjam.

Great future ahead of him.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Woodman on 13:31 - Jun 25 with 1523 views34dfgdf54

Woodman on 11:53 - Jun 25 by jasper_T

That’s why we need to be giving these boys a chance.
Woodman on 13:42 - Jun 25 with 1496 viewsonehunglow

I hope those with influence are reading my advice here which is quite simple.
When you see Woody kicking the ball into touch time and time ,when you see him avoid taking charge of his box and is often laughable stationery goalgoalkeeping ,it is becasue he really is crap.
A few ave don't make up for that

We should never have had him back

He has conned many by his being a nice/quiet/inoffensive chap.

Maybe give Hamer a go as you did sign him emergency or not.

Woodman on 14:10 - Jun 25 with 1457 viewsjack247

Woodman on 11:21 - Jun 25 by Catullus

That gets made out to be a lot worse than it actually is. Yes, it looks terrible and no I can’t see why he hasn’t been able to eliminate it from his game, but we’re talking the difference between an aerial 50/50 near the halfway line and an opposition throw in near the halfway line. It’s nowhere near as costly as it looks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024