Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. 18:21 - Jul 22 with 2208 viewsReslovenSwan1

I have a a very good recollection of of the old sages on here and on the fantasy forum SCFC2 explaining to the masses that according to "Hedge fund" methodology the US owners will depart as soon as the parachute ends as there would be no reason for them to stay. I was on SCFC 2 then to be honest before getting banned for asking awkward questions.

They also said the US people would never invest any new cash. While the cash investment thing is a little vague with the convertible loan notes, cash is in the bunker at Fairwood and
the club might not have to pay it back with interest.

As far as i am aware at this point there appears to be no plan to divest and leave their south Wales investment.

Does anyone else remember these predictions or own up to them? Perhaps it will still happen. Anything is possible at Swansea city.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:28 - Jul 22 with 1406 viewsChief

Nice to see that you have accepted that a loan isn't necessarily investment. Took long enough, but you even speculated yesterday that they may take their loan back, so you've come quite far fair play.

What do you mean cash in the bunker at Fairwood? Why aren't we spending on strengthening the squad then?

Well how can they divest without making a huge loss on their initial outlay? Under their ownership the value of the club has been slashed.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:47 - Jul 22 with 1392 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:28 - Jul 22 by Chief

Nice to see that you have accepted that a loan isn't necessarily investment. Took long enough, but you even speculated yesterday that they may take their loan back, so you've come quite far fair play.

What do you mean cash in the bunker at Fairwood? Why aren't we spending on strengthening the squad then?

Well how can they divest without making a huge loss on their initial outlay? Under their ownership the value of the club has been slashed.

I am being generous to the cynics. In my view there is an extremely low probability of the loan being repaid with interest. It will be an 'investment' in my opinion (real new cash). It might be the club is unable to pay it back in the 5 year period. It was meant to cover Covid related issues if i recall correctly not team strengthening. .

The model the 'sages' told us was that the parachute would be paid directly to the US owners, as it over three years, was actually greater than their original investment. At that point having got their money back with profits they would run the club into the ground and leg it. One poster Andrew on SCFC2 explained this to us in great detail simultaneous 'spooking' fans.

Well that time is now. Watch this space if you are dumb enough to believe the sages. It so nice me and you going at it with our old stamping ground declared 'out of bounds'.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 18:57]

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 19:25 - Jul 22 with 1344 viewsmahoss

Hmm......

Oh I think if they could find a buyer they would be long gone.
Let’s not kid ourselves........
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 19:30 - Jul 22 with 1333 viewsBillyChong

I doubt there’s queues of prospective buyers wanting to offer them what they want for the club. They’d lose a lot of face when telling Mandy and co how much less they’d sold up for.
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 19:31 - Jul 22 with 1332 viewsChief

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:47 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

I am being generous to the cynics. In my view there is an extremely low probability of the loan being repaid with interest. It will be an 'investment' in my opinion (real new cash). It might be the club is unable to pay it back in the 5 year period. It was meant to cover Covid related issues if i recall correctly not team strengthening. .

The model the 'sages' told us was that the parachute would be paid directly to the US owners, as it over three years, was actually greater than their original investment. At that point having got their money back with profits they would run the club into the ground and leg it. One poster Andrew on SCFC2 explained this to us in great detail simultaneous 'spooking' fans.

Well that time is now. Watch this space if you are dumb enough to believe the sages. It so nice me and you going at it with our old stamping ground declared 'out of bounds'.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 18:57]

I think the only one taking heed of what these apparent 'sages' are saying is you.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 19:37 - Jul 22 with 1322 viewsmahoss

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 19:30 - Jul 22 by BillyChong

I doubt there’s queues of prospective buyers wanting to offer them what they want for the club. They’d lose a lot of face when telling Mandy and co how much less they’d sold up for.

Yep.....
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 19:51 - Jul 22 with 1302 viewsCatullus

If you have such a good recollection then names some names!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:00 - Jul 22 with 1283 viewsvetchonian

dont get sucked in guys...he is here to deflect from the heat being raised over the incompetence of Steve and Julian et al over the handling of the Cooper situation and his replacement
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN STARTED TO DIVERT OUR GAZE

this poster is the pay of the enemy

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:28 - Jul 22 with 1260 viewsraynor94

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:00 - Jul 22 by vetchonian

dont get sucked in guys...he is here to deflect from the heat being raised over the incompetence of Steve and Julian et al over the handling of the Cooper situation and his replacement
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN STARTED TO DIVERT OUR GAZE

this poster is the pay of the enemy

You should wear a hat in this weather

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:29 - Jul 22 with 1239 viewsonehunglow

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:28 - Jul 22 by raynor94

You should wear a hat in this weather

and cream yourself liberally.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:34 - Jul 22 with 1239 viewsvetchonian

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:29 - Jul 22 by onehunglow

steady on

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 21:37 - Jul 22 with 1197 viewsCatullus

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:29 - Jul 22 by onehunglow

Reading some of these posts, I do! It makes me look better though.

PS, I do wear a hat, not a tinfoil one either.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 22:45 - Jul 22 with 1152 viewsswan65split

Lets just saiy , its from here on we will see which way the wind blows.
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 23:16 - Jul 22 with 1127 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 19:51 - Jul 22 by Catullus

If you have such a good recollection then names some names!

I was on SCFC2 at the time under Jim White. Andrew from Aberdare was the main promoter of this scenario. Big Oak is very anti American, Mark (London) Jack would regularly talk of 'quick flips' and Garynotrashcougar was all for starting boycotts of all the clubs outlet.

They are still at it today. Phillip believed there were up to 200 staff unaccounted for but on the books. Some of the folks were on both sites under different names. Both sites were comfy homes for fake news and fake scenarios.

I would not come on this site while the 'Zappa' guard dog was on duty. He kept many a punter away.

Under Andrew s scenario which he firmly believed in selling the club was not necessary as administration was part of the plan. This plan according to him was presented to the US buyers as a zero risk option. Use the parachutes to cover your buying costs and then run.

Such 'scare tactics' even exist today which I have raised in the past and will not raise again.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 23:51 - Jul 22 with 1108 viewsChief

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 23:16 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

I was on SCFC2 at the time under Jim White. Andrew from Aberdare was the main promoter of this scenario. Big Oak is very anti American, Mark (London) Jack would regularly talk of 'quick flips' and Garynotrashcougar was all for starting boycotts of all the clubs outlet.

They are still at it today. Phillip believed there were up to 200 staff unaccounted for but on the books. Some of the folks were on both sites under different names. Both sites were comfy homes for fake news and fake scenarios.

I would not come on this site while the 'Zappa' guard dog was on duty. He kept many a punter away.

Under Andrew s scenario which he firmly believed in selling the club was not necessary as administration was part of the plan. This plan according to him was presented to the US buyers as a zero risk option. Use the parachutes to cover your buying costs and then run.

Such 'scare tactics' even exist today which I have raised in the past and will not raise again.

So why are you bleating on about these random people that nobody knows again?

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 00:04 - Jul 23 with 1104 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 23:51 - Jul 22 by Chief

So why are you bleating on about these random people that nobody knows again?

Catticus asked me to name names. I know some like Jasper appear on both sites. The SCFC 2 site had close links with the SCST and their forum was an influencing force. You can read their fantasies on there tonight although I do not recommend it. It is a level below this site and occupied by old foggies.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 00:10 - Jul 23 with 1101 viewsChief

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 00:04 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Catticus asked me to name names. I know some like Jasper appear on both sites. The SCFC 2 site had close links with the SCST and their forum was an influencing force. You can read their fantasies on there tonight although I do not recommend it. It is a level below this site and occupied by old foggies.

No it's ok this bizarre thread is enough for me.

Why don't you go over there and take this characters to task.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 14:08 - Jul 23 with 960 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 00:10 - Jul 23 by Chief

No it's ok this bizarre thread is enough for me.

Why don't you go over there and take this characters to task.

I would if I could but got banned for no good reason. As you know Chief I do not do abuse and name calling and in general neither do you. I contested the fake narratives and condemned the strategy of one of the minor shareholders. Colin (Swansea) demanded my banning and threatened to take his mates with him to Planet swans (formerly this forum). I was gone within the hour, Its called bullying and suppression of free speech.

I believe the owner of this site is no weakling and would not bend to the pressure of the majority.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 17:36 - Jul 23 with 922 viewsChief

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 14:08 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I would if I could but got banned for no good reason. As you know Chief I do not do abuse and name calling and in general neither do you. I contested the fake narratives and condemned the strategy of one of the minor shareholders. Colin (Swansea) demanded my banning and threatened to take his mates with him to Planet swans (formerly this forum). I was gone within the hour, Its called bullying and suppression of free speech.

I believe the owner of this site is no weakling and would not bend to the pressure of the majority.

Oh dear.

I'm so cut up for you

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 19:21 - Jul 23 with 873 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 17:36 - Jul 23 by Chief

Oh dear.

I'm so cut up for you

Thanks the Chief. You are right not worth bothering with.

You know if you ask me a question I am duty bound to answer it. You like the line "why do you not answer my question " then immediately trash the answer whatever it says.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 21:04 - Jul 23 with 842 viewsguthrieintherain

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 14:08 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

You are a good poster mate very knowledgeable and yes I remember all that crap that got posted.

All this stuff about US paymasters is rubbish anyway.

We all have 1 thing in common here on here we all want whats best for Swansea City

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 21:31 - Jul 23 with 829 viewscymrojack

So is the club for sale and if so at what price?

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 22:07 - Jul 23 with 810 viewsDr_Winston

I had no idea that SCFC2 still existed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 22:12 - Jul 23 with 798 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 21:31 - Jul 23 by cymrojack

So is the club for sale and if so at what price?

The club is not for sale at its current valuation. Some body quoted £35m the other day. The selling price by the old owners was £100m in the Premier league. Derby County was quoted at £60m but the so called serious buyer turned out reportedly not to be credible.

Burnley was sold for £200m including writing off of some debt last year. The club was bought using a loan from Michael Dell the US computer magnet with an interest rate of around 9% pa. The club itself will pay off this debt and the high interest over a fixed period as I understand it. You can do this if the club is 100% owned from what I understand.

The Glazers did this. This is why the Glazers are so unpopular. However some argue that they make so much money that it does not really affect the club in the transfer market for example. There is no indication that at the Swansea owners did this. Trevor Birch was very open with the fans about this although I would need to research his exact wording.

Because of football inflation all the current owners stand to make a killing if the club can return to the Premier league. I believe the US majority owners are the most able people to find a buyer. They have global contacts.

Some forum sages argued "with their deep business knowledge " that the US owners could simply collect the parachute moneys to cover their purchase price £69m plus profit and ditch the club either at a knock down price or put it into administration having asset stripped the club. Andrew on SCFC2 argued this. If true then this must be enacted now. It was never true but still put fear and mistrust into many fans minds. Consequently projecting the US owners as decent people like I do is very hard work. It seems to me Jake Silverstein has the common touch that Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan do not have. Neither did Huw Jenkins.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 22:51 - Jul 23 with 777 viewsjasper_T

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 22:07 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

I had no idea that SCFC2 still existed.

For academy info/gossip it's usually better than here as there's more people interested but other than that there's not much going on. Plenty of loonies and conspiracy theorists as you find on every forum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024