Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you feel with the new season so close ? 16:47 - Aug 4 with 1704 viewsKeithHaynes

Personally for me it’s one of much trepidation, a seemingly positive and intelligent management and coaching team but clouded by what I see as one of the less talented squads I’ve seen in a good few years. Very young in too many areas, either primary or back up. But I’ve got a feeling it could be the start of something very good, IF we allow that word ‘ patience’ to creep in to our vocabulary.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 17:10 - Aug 4 with 1279 viewsYrAlarch

If we can get off to a reasonable start and the players gain a bit of confidence whilst at the same time giving the management breathing space, then we could have a successful Season.
How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 17:14 - Aug 4 with 1268 viewsThornburyswan

Think we’ll see a lot of the good, the bad & the ugly both within the same match & from game to game - it’ll take RM at least a couple of windows to get the players in he wants & a good few months to assess, coach & develop the current squad.

I’d sign for mid-table mediocrity right now, although suspect there will be a few on here delighted to jump in & point out how much better we did with Cooperball.
How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 17:25 - Aug 4 with 1252 viewsCatullus

I don't feel any trpidation. I think our new manager is the right person and so I am giving him time, I'm being patient.
I recognise the squad is young and thin but we may just surprise a few people. If we can bring in a bit of experience, maybe a midfield enforcer to help the kids through, I'll be more confident.
Cooper wasn't heavily criticised for a fair while, we were halfway through the second season before he copped very much flak. Martin deserves that time too.

I don't doubt the Cooper fans will be jumping in as soon as they feel justified, obviously don't know how long that will be, maybe as soon as it's clear we won't be in the play offs but again, hoopefully we'll be a surprise package to keep them quiet!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 17:27 - Aug 4 with 1248 viewsjasper_T

Lots of chances for young players to get games. New manager who favours entertaining football. At least half the league in their normal shambles (some worse).

Looking forward to it.
How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 17:32 - Aug 4 with 1235 viewsguthrieintherain

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 17:25 - Aug 4 by Catullus

I don't feel any trpidation. I think our new manager is the right person and so I am giving him time, I'm being patient.
I recognise the squad is young and thin but we may just surprise a few people. If we can bring in a bit of experience, maybe a midfield enforcer to help the kids through, I'll be more confident.
Cooper wasn't heavily criticised for a fair while, we were halfway through the second season before he copped very much flak. Martin deserves that time too.

I don't doubt the Cooper fans will be jumping in as soon as they feel justified, obviously don't know how long that will be, maybe as soon as it's clear we won't be in the play offs but again, hoopefully we'll be a surprise package to keep them quiet!

Yes no doubt they will jump in.

But with so.many key players gone it's unreasonable to expect too much this season.

Happy Cooper has gone though.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 17:33 - Aug 4 with 1234 viewsDr_Winston

I don't think there's been a summer since we got relegated from the Prem where the general consensus hasn't been that we've got a weak squad and will probably struggle. Worked out OK so far.

This is, on the whole, a bang average division. Whilst the newly and recently relegated clubs will probably be up there, the rest are all much of a muchness, apart from Derby who look absolutely screwed. Given the three or four likely additions to the squad before the window shuts, if Martin is half the manager people seem to think he is we should be fine.

We may not bore our way into an inevitable playoff defeat this time around, but a more entertaining watch with a sense of something being reinstilled back into club philosophy will do me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 17:37 - Aug 4 with 1222 viewsKGriz16

Buzzing - positive and full of enthusiasm.
How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 17:46 - Aug 4 with 1206 viewsAlgorfajack

Don't think we need worry about Fulham, Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, West Brom et al to be honest.

I see us looking toward the lower end of the league & if we can perhaps get a decent style to us and survive the season then I would look forward to a better 2022-23.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Login to get fewer ads

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 18:34 - Aug 4 with 1143 viewspencoedjack

I’d be amazed if our fans have patience tbh.

I think the majority who post on here probably will but anything below mid table around Xmas there will not be much patience at the Liberty.
How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 20:19 - Aug 4 with 1028 viewsGVJack

I'm preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. A couple of mediocre/poor displays which sees us toward the bottom of the league towards the turn of the month may work in our favour if it means the yanks press the panic button and actually allow the club to spend some cash on some.decent quality.

A midfield enforcer as a previous poster said would be good.... what's Joe Allen doing these days?
How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 20:22 - Aug 4 with 1027 viewsvetchonian

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 17:33 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

I don't think there's been a summer since we got relegated from the Prem where the general consensus hasn't been that we've got a weak squad and will probably struggle. Worked out OK so far.

This is, on the whole, a bang average division. Whilst the newly and recently relegated clubs will probably be up there, the rest are all much of a muchness, apart from Derby who look absolutely screwed. Given the three or four likely additions to the squad before the window shuts, if Martin is half the manager people seem to think he is we should be fine.

We may not bore our way into an inevitable playoff defeat this time around, but a more entertaining watch with a sense of something being reinstilled back into club philosophy will do me.

strange you were here not so long ago spouting how there was nothing wrong with the squad ot was down to the manager.
whilst we have Ayew and Geuhi the majorityof last seasons squad remains though we may lose Grimes that just shows how little Cooper had to work with.this season we have added Joseph and Piroes giving us more options up front

I know I'll be called a fanboy but what winds me up is the rubbish that gets spouted...we all are entitled to our opinions but some of the rubbish you spout is incredible and so often dark removed from fact

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 20:43 - Aug 4 with 992 viewsQJumpingJack

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 20:19 - Aug 4 by GVJack

I'm preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. A couple of mediocre/poor displays which sees us toward the bottom of the league towards the turn of the month may work in our favour if it means the yanks press the panic button and actually allow the club to spend some cash on some.decent quality.

A midfield enforcer as a previous poster said would be good.... what's Joe Allen doing these days?

Joe Allen has just been made club captain of Stoke
How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 20:44 - Aug 4 with 989 viewsGVJack

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 20:43 - Aug 4 by QJumpingJack

Joe Allen has just been made club captain of Stoke

Bugger
How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 21:04 - Aug 4 with 962 viewsChief

Not very confident. The squad is badly lacking overall quality and goals.

I know some posters claim to be happy with a struggle but playing nice football. I wonder if they'll still be saying that if we're struggling February having lost twice to the scum.

You'd have to say it's the first season in a while where on paper, they should beat us.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 21:16 - Aug 4 with 945 viewsBillyChong

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 21:04 - Aug 4 by Chief

I know some posters claim to be happy with a struggle but playing nice football. I wonder if they'll still be saying that if we're struggling February having lost twice to the scum.

You'd have to say it's the first season in a while where on paper, they should beat us.

Depends how we get on in the transfer market. Would settle for 4 points off Cardiff and a higher league position. Anything else a bonus.
How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 21:18 - Aug 4 with 940 viewsKeithHaynes

You did ok up until you mentioned the double loss in the derby game, which as you know has never happened. And I’ve seen some awful Swansea sides in many derby games.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 21:31 - Aug 4 with 913 viewsjasper_T

On paper what impresses you about their squad?
How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 21:37 - Aug 4 with 895 viewsChief

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 21:31 - Aug 4 by jasper_T

On paper what impresses you about their squad?

The goals they have. Moore, Collins. Ralls. Morrison always scores a lot from set pieces.

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 21:48 - Aug 4 with 870 viewsraynor94

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 21:37 - Aug 4 by Chief

The goals they have. Moore, Collins. Ralls. Morrison always scores a lot from set pieces.

Moore won't be there by the end of the window, Burnley looking favourites

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 22:04 - Aug 4 with 840 viewsChief

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 21:48 - Aug 4 by raynor94

Moore won't be there by the end of the window, Burnley looking favourites

I hope you're right but I can't see him going.

He's 29 next week, I can't see anyone paying for him what the scum would want for him. And he's not a fashionable enough name for clubs that would pay for him to sign him.

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 22:15 - Aug 4 with 827 viewsraynor94

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 22:04 - Aug 4 by Chief

I hope you're right but I can't see him going.

He's 29 next week, I can't see anyone paying for him what the scum would want for him. And he's not a fashionable enough name for clubs that would pay for him to sign him.

Well he hasn't played a game pre season, he's on his way, they'll get £8-10 million for him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 23:00 - Aug 4 with 788 viewsjasper_T

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 22:15 - Aug 4 by raynor94

Well he hasn't played a game pre season, he's on his way, they'll get £8-10 million for him

Extended break after the Euros then got covid.
How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 23:15 - Aug 4 with 772 viewsBadlands

Apart from Ayew, Roberts (injured) and Guehi post January 2021 the squad is no weaker.
Three new players and as yet no loans.
How do I feel? Hopeful now Cooper has gone and that Martin walks as well as he talks.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 23:24 - Aug 4 with 766 viewsChief

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 23:15 - Aug 4 by Badlands

Apart from Ayew, Roberts (injured) and Guehi post January 2021 the squad is no weaker.
Three new players and as yet no loans.
How do I feel? Hopeful now Cooper has gone and that Martin walks as well as he talks.

Also lost a goalkeeper who kept a record amount of clean sheets. You may not rate Woodman, but we're literally assuming/hoping Benda will be decent (based on nothing really), who'll have to have an incredible season to match Woodman's stats.

Ayew, Roberts and Guehi were 3 of the divisions best players, oh and and our captain is probably going too.

But it's ok - the manager that got us to two successive play offs has gone and been replaced by the guy that lead MKDons to 13th in league 1.

Yea we seem well poised

How do you feel with the new season so close ? on 23:28 - Aug 4 with 763 viewsjack247

Quite relaxed and optimistic.

Expectations always change as the season progresses, but I can’t see us troubling the top six this time, equally I don’t think we’ll be in relegation danger.

I’m looking forward to us playing some better football, but accept we’ll probably lose more games and concede more goals than last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024