Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Herr Benda 22:21 - Aug 20 with 2963 viewsonehunglow

Step forward ,liebs.

Outstanding.

A keeper who

1.Catches
2.Commands his box
3.Saves shots
4.Organises
5 Opens his mouth

All that which have been missing .

Get him signed long term. Clubs will be paying attention to him .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Herr Benda on 22:30 - Aug 20 with 2530 viewsKilkennyjack

I reserve judgement.

Beware of the Risen People

Herr Benda on 22:32 - Aug 20 with 2513 viewsonehunglow

Well,look at the lad.
Surely he appears more positive and that has to give confidence to defenders.

Woody was IMO appalling in that regard and it still grates the terrific defenders he had saw him get the plaudits.

Anyway,as I say it's all about now.

Herr Benda on 22:38 - Aug 20 with 2484 viewsmajorraglan

An example of why the club needs/ should have an effective scouting network, if I am jo5 mistaken he was spotted in Germany by Tremmel.
Herr Benda on 22:45 - Aug 20 with 2446 viewsonehunglow

Herr Benda on 22:38 - Aug 20 by majorraglan

An example of why the club needs/ should have an effective scouting network, if I am jo5 mistaken he was spotted in Germany by Tremmel.

We need to tie him down right now.This lad will be getting noticed as of now.

Herr Benda on 23:16 - Aug 20 with 2372 viewsDJack

Herr Benda on 22:45 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

We need to tie him down right now.This lad will be getting noticed as of now.

NO!

if we tie him down he can't jump and save/punch the ball.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Herr Benda on 23:26 - Aug 20 with 2333 viewsGeoffThom

Well played fella ,Woodman last year was well short in my opinion,always stuck on his line
Great shot stopper on times but distribution was awful kept putting ball into touch and high balls into the box was like Dracula
This new lad is an improvement,yes he’s gonna make mistakes all kids do
Herr Benda on 23:36 - Aug 20 with 2310 viewsYossarian

Herr Benda on 23:26 - Aug 20 by GeoffThom

Well played fella ,Woodman last year was well short in my opinion,always stuck on his line
Great shot stopper on times but distribution was awful kept putting ball into touch and high balls into the box was like Dracula
This new lad is an improvement,yes he’s gonna make mistakes all kids do

His distribution now is far better than Woodman’s ever was and some people are worried about his distribution? Wtf were they watching for the last two years? Benda is an upgrade- no doubt about it. He’s only had a handful of games. Give him a chance!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Herr Benda on 23:48 - Aug 20 with 2292 viewsBadlands

Herr Benda on 23:16 - Aug 20 by DJack

NO!

if we tie him down he can't jump and save/punch the ball.

😂
Everything we've missed for years.
As a CB/FB it would a dream to play in front of him.
Even when getting caught with the ball there's nothing but calm.
It will be difficult to keep him.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Herr Benda on 00:34 - Aug 21 with 2233 viewsDJack

Herr Benda on 23:48 - Aug 20 by Badlands

😂
Everything we've missed for years.
As a CB/FB it would a dream to play in front of him.
Even when getting caught with the ball there's nothing but calm.
It will be difficult to keep him.

Aye, even with the brainfarts I'm happy with him and how he plays. I think as things click even more he won't fancy leaving for a bit.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Herr Benda on 01:45 - Aug 21 with 2186 views1462jack

Herr Benda on 00:34 - Aug 21 by DJack

Aye, even with the brainfarts I'm happy with him and how he plays. I think as things click even more he won't fancy leaving for a bit.

In fortunately we have very simple fans
Herr Benda on 02:20 - Aug 21 with 2157 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Herr Benda on 22:32 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Well,look at the lad.
Surely he appears more positive and that has to give confidence to defenders.

Woody was IMO appalling in that regard and it still grates the terrific defenders he had saw him get the plaudits.

Anyway,as I say it's all about now.

You and I have been proven right. Much of our fan base had forgotten what a competent goalkeeper looked like.

Woodman was truly dreadful. His many inadequacies were papered over by an excellent defence and an overly defensive formation.

Compare Benda's movement and decision making when facing a one on one compared to Woodman.

Benda stands in the perfect spot to minimise shooting angles, reads body language and dives before or just as the player shoots. His save from McGoldrick was unbelievable.

Woodman would back pedal, stand too close to his near post and either watch the ball go past him without diving, or try and react long after the player has shot.

Benda is an unbelievably good goalkeeper. I have little doubt he'll be playing top flight football soon enough. I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing for an elite European team in the near future either.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Herr Benda on 02:34 - Aug 21 with 2150 viewsDJack

Herr Benda on 01:45 - Aug 21 by 1462jack

In fortunately we have very simple fans

I'm intrigued, could you please expand on that?

Herr Benda on 02:58 - Aug 21 with 2137 viewsDr_Parnassus

He’s a madman, but I love him in our side.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Herr Benda on 09:14 - Aug 21 with 1962 viewsItchySphincter

Herr Benda on 02:20 - Aug 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You and I have been proven right. Much of our fan base had forgotten what a competent goalkeeper looked like.

Woodman was truly dreadful. His many inadequacies were papered over by an excellent defence and an overly defensive formation.

Compare Benda's movement and decision making when facing a one on one compared to Woodman.

Benda stands in the perfect spot to minimise shooting angles, reads body language and dives before or just as the player shoots. His save from McGoldrick was unbelievable.

Woodman would back pedal, stand too close to his near post and either watch the ball go past him without diving, or try and react long after the player has shot.

Benda is an unbelievably good goalkeeper. I have little doubt he'll be playing top flight football soon enough. I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing for an elite European team in the near future either.

I think he’s very good and other than I thought Woodman was decent in his way I agree with your post. Benda is a proper keeper, very raw and prone to madness that a lot of top keepers seem to be, but I’d be very surprised if he didn’t play for a top club at some point.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Herr Benda on 09:17 - Aug 21 with 1948 viewsDr_Parnassus

In terms of positioning and attitude, he reminds me of Fabian Barthez.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Herr Benda on 10:18 - Aug 21 with 1828 viewsonehunglow

Herr Benda on 09:14 - Aug 21 by ItchySphincter

I think he’s very good and other than I thought Woodman was decent in his way I agree with your post. Benda is a proper keeper, very raw and prone to madness that a lot of top keepers seem to be, but I’d be very surprised if he didn’t play for a top club at some point.

Not that raw Itch.
He has good positioning play for a tart and seems not to find touch as Woody did,Phil Bennett style.
He can save shots as well as Woody but unlike Woody he is prepared for physical contact. I have never seen any goalkeeper as cowardly as Woodman. Benda seems fearless.

Standing on the line at corners ,motionless,whilst you are blocked by the opposition forward,as Woody always was, is doomed to fail. Woody has Guehi to thank for covering up his fey attitude to the game.

Benda will be in demand very soon and I'll be amazed if we keep him.

Finally,folks,for the cooperclans ,remember this lad only months ago was seen as inferior to Woodman who will very soon,possibly today,be truly exposed.

If I were a Geordie fan,I d be worried.

Herr Benda on 11:15 - Aug 21 with 1749 viewsItchySphincter

Herr Benda on 10:18 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

Not that raw Itch.
He has good positioning play for a tart and seems not to find touch as Woody did,Phil Bennett style.
He can save shots as well as Woody but unlike Woody he is prepared for physical contact. I have never seen any goalkeeper as cowardly as Woodman. Benda seems fearless.

Standing on the line at corners ,motionless,whilst you are blocked by the opposition forward,as Woody always was, is doomed to fail. Woody has Guehi to thank for covering up his fey attitude to the game.

Benda will be in demand very soon and I'll be amazed if we keep him.

Finally,folks,for the cooperclans ,remember this lad only months ago was seen as inferior to Woodman who will very soon,possibly today,be truly exposed.

If I were a Geordie fan,I d be worried.

Raw in the sense that he hasn’t got the experience his role demands. Martin wants him to play as a sweeper, which in time he will be able to do comfortably, but at the the moment his inexperience when faced with a strong press is his weakness. When he learns to trust his instinct and play safe when necessary, as he did to some degree against Bristol City, he will be less raw.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Herr Benda on 11:20 - Aug 21 with 1741 viewsonehunglow

Herr Benda on 11:15 - Aug 21 by ItchySphincter

Raw in the sense that he hasn’t got the experience his role demands. Martin wants him to play as a sweeper, which in time he will be able to do comfortably, but at the the moment his inexperience when faced with a strong press is his weakness. When he learns to trust his instinct and play safe when necessary, as he did to some degree against Bristol City, he will be less raw.

That is a fair riposte.

Jesus,I can't believe we are being civilised. We could be friends;lovers even.

I'm hoping to get a ticket for Preston although I'm struggling to make sense of our putrid ticketing service.

Herr Benda on 13:37 - Aug 21 with 1669 viewsDDCH

If we can sort his feet out we are onto a winner

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Herr Benda on 13:39 - Aug 21 with 1664 viewsonehunglow

Herr Benda on 13:37 - Aug 21 by DDCH

If we can sort his feet out we are onto a winner

As Keepers are allowed to use their hands,I rather they did.

He is solid in a way Woody could never be.

Herr Benda on 15:47 - Aug 21 with 1600 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Looks like a top, top keeper.

Will probably cost us a handful of goals this year when put under pressure with the ball at his feet but on current form will easily save us double that with his excellent shot stopping.

Good in the air and his distribution (when given time) is top notch too. Really seizing his chance so far.
Herr Benda on 16:22 - Aug 21 with 1570 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Freddie hasn't changed. He's failed to come for numerous simple catches this match and now one finally leads to a penalty.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Herr Benda on 16:38 - Aug 21 with 1560 viewsBadlands

Herr Benda on 15:47 - Aug 21 by LittleEnglandJack

Looks like a top, top keeper.

Will probably cost us a handful of goals this year when put under pressure with the ball at his feet but on current form will easily save us double that with his excellent shot stopping.

Good in the air and his distribution (when given time) is top notch too. Really seizing his chance so far.

For the 'keeper to effectively play sweeper the defence line and midfielders have to work hard to provide a safe pass. As yet our don't.
IMO the most entertaining goalie since Tony Millington.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Herr Benda on 16:55 - Aug 21 with 1537 viewsonehunglow

Herr Benda on 16:22 - Aug 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Freddie hasn't changed. He's failed to come for numerous simple catches this match and now one finally leads to a penalty.

Im not streaming anymore so just as well as I find Woody imply depressing and annoying. A dangerous cocktail.

Just htf did he con us .

Herr Benda on 17:05 - Aug 21 with 1524 viewsnantywatcher

Herr Benda on 16:55 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

Im not streaming anymore so just as well as I find Woody imply depressing and annoying. A dangerous cocktail.

Just htf did he con us .

Benda needs his own chant to match the old "Pole in the goal" classic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024