Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Manning 19:05 - Aug 21 with 1930 viewsmax936

Found his feet in this game for me, he was another that was excellent last night, nice and solid honest player.
Needs to continue to play to get the best out of him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ryan Manning on 19:10 - Aug 21 with 1670 viewsAndyCole

Totally agree. A breath of fresh air and canny tenaciousness at the back. Him and Cooper.

Having ball players at the back is key. Not having ball players at the back, stymying our progression is more key. Cabango needs more development if he's to figure in Martin's plans.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Ryan Manning on 20:15 - Aug 21 with 1596 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

There were two instances where the ball bounced behind himself and Cooper, and he hesitated to chase back and left it to Cooper when Manning really should have been the one to chase back and clear the ball. Fortunately Cooper dealt with both situations tremendously.

Manning's performances highlight what I've been saying for some time. Cabango is extremely over rated by our supporters. As Manning evidenced, you don't need to be a good centre back to perform competently in a back three in this division.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ryan Manning on 20:29 - Aug 21 with 1574 viewsAndyCole

Ryan Manning on 20:15 - Aug 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There were two instances where the ball bounced behind himself and Cooper, and he hesitated to chase back and left it to Cooper when Manning really should have been the one to chase back and clear the ball. Fortunately Cooper dealt with both situations tremendously.

Manning's performances highlight what I've been saying for some time. Cabango is extremely over rated by our supporters. As Manning evidenced, you don't need to be a good centre back to perform competently in a back three in this division.

Absolutely, some our sheeple need to wake up. And not get drawn into some cheap, unthinking trolling by our super trolls.

Cabango is our weakest link. Cooper, having played brilliantly at the base, did almost as brilliantly out wider. At one point, even our talisman leader chose to pass sideways one yard to cooper who pinged it diagonally 20 yards pinch-perfect to Laird wide right. Uplifting, massively.

There's no way Grimes woulda given Cabango that option. So very telling.

Go Manning, Cooper et al, proper ball players.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Ryan Manning on 21:26 - Aug 21 with 1534 viewsCatullus

Ryan Manning on 20:15 - Aug 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We obviously need good ball players, good technically but we will still need proper centre backs too. Just look up the road, Aiden Flint scored twice again today, would Manning or Cooper be able to deal with him? Barnsley play a high ball game with big players up front. We still need a physical presence or we'll lose out under an avalanche of high balls that some teams prefer.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ryan Manning on 21:47 - Aug 21 with 1511 viewsChief

Ryan Manning on 21:26 - Aug 21 by Catullus

We obviously need good ball players, good technically but we will still need proper centre backs too. Just look up the road, Aiden Flint scored twice again today, would Manning or Cooper be able to deal with him? Barnsley play a high ball game with big players up front. We still need a physical presence or we'll lose out under an avalanche of high balls that some teams prefer.

Yea this is it, Cooper to me looks to have surpassed Cabango, but he obviously does have the physical edge so horses for courses. (Hopefully)

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ryan Manning on 21:50 - Aug 21 with 1489 viewsonehunglow

I like Cabango but he has gone backwards.Is he another victim of Steveo . This cretin's legacy still stinks .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ryan Manning on 22:04 - Aug 21 with 1494 viewsOldjack

You'll be amazed how a good manager can make an average player look good

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Ryan Manning on 22:08 - Aug 21 with 1491 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Ryan Manning on 22:04 - Aug 21 by Oldjack

You'll be amazed how a good manager can make an average player look good

That works both ways

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Manning on 23:59 - Aug 21 with 1407 viewsAndyCole

Ryan Manning on 21:50 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

I like Cabango but he has gone backwards.Is he another victim of Steveo . This cretin's legacy still stinks .

I reckon Cabango did ok (as third choice) yet flattered to deceive in Steveo's system, due to the excellent defensive platform around him. And unsurprisingly is now like a fish out of water in Martineo's system, floundering deep sea on the sea bed like a flounder.

Over-rated much like Cullen, for all the wrong sentimentalist reasons. Fortunately for us rational pragmatists, Martin now sees the flounder.

Cooper is twice the modern CB than Cabango will ever be.

Ryan Manning on 00:33 - Aug 22 with 1397 viewsGVJack

Whats the obsession with Ryan Manning? Are you a relative? After last three games there's been a thread purely on him?
Ryan Manning on 01:21 - Aug 22 with 1376 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Manning on 23:59 - Aug 21 by AndyCole

I reckon Cabango did ok (as third choice) yet flattered to deceive in Steveo's system, due to the excellent defensive platform around him. And unsurprisingly is now like a fish out of water in Martineo's system, floundering deep sea on the sea bed like a flounder.

Over-rated much like Cullen, for all the wrong sentimentalist reasons. Fortunately for us rational pragmatists, Martin now sees the flounder.

Cooper is twice the modern CB than Cabango will ever be.

Martin said post-match that if Cabango had been available he would have played, so whether he "sees the flounder" is still undetermined.

Football fans have short memories but Cabango got into the side on merit, when loan signings like Wilmot and (early) Guehi looked a complete shambles within an "excellent defensive platform", and not many would argue that playing him in the playoff semi ahead of Bennett wasn't the right call. Cooper has developed into the more cultured defender of the two but his lack of pace will be targeted by savvy managers unless Martin protects him properly within our system. Be interesting to see whether one or both join up with Wales next week (both still qualify for u21s as well).
Ryan Manning on 01:44 - Aug 22 with 1358 viewsAndyCole

Ryan Manning on 01:21 - Aug 22 by jasper_T

Martin said post-match that if Cabango had been available he would have played, so whether he "sees the flounder" is still undetermined.

Football fans have short memories but Cabango got into the side on merit, when loan signings like Wilmot and (early) Guehi looked a complete shambles within an "excellent defensive platform", and not many would argue that playing him in the playoff semi ahead of Bennett wasn't the right call. Cooper has developed into the more cultured defender of the two but his lack of pace will be targeted by savvy managers unless Martin protects him properly within our system. Be interesting to see whether one or both join up with Wales next week (both still qualify for u21s as well).

Wilmot gave Cabango a masterclass, and was clearly a notch or three ahead of him when here. And is now a notch or five ahead.

If Martin is yet to see Cabango's weaknesses in this system, it's worrying times given the fact that he's only now focusing on our defensive third.

With pacey WBs ahead of him(Martinball) Cooper is by far the better all-round defensive option ahead of calamitous Cabango.

Cooper will get the nod with Wales, Cabango was clearly outcast for good reason.

Meantime Manning is rightfully ruling the roost.

Ryan Manning on 08:04 - Aug 22 with 1309 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Manning on 01:44 - Aug 22 by AndyCole

Wilmot gave Cabango a masterclass, and was clearly a notch or three ahead of him when here. And is now a notch or five ahead.

If Martin is yet to see Cabango's weaknesses in this system, it's worrying times given the fact that he's only now focusing on our defensive third.

With pacey WBs ahead of him(Martinball) Cooper is by far the better all-round defensive option ahead of calamitous Cabango.

Cooper will get the nod with Wales, Cabango was clearly outcast for good reason.

Meantime Manning is rightfully ruling the roost.

Well - if Cooper was such a good defensive coach - why did he never pick Cooper over Cabango then moron?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Manning on 08:40 - Aug 22 with 1274 viewsBoundy

Not sure how a thread about Manning became one about Cabango and his perceived weaknesses . IMO Manning has been the most consistent player for us so far .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ryan Manning on 20:55 - Aug 22 with 1177 viewsRock

Ryan Manning on 01:21 - Aug 22 by jasper_T

Manning has been impressive playing out of position and possesses the ball skills that is a necessity as the central defender, but I have been really impressed with Brandon Cooper and I definitely think he has a big part to play this season. It is going to be intriguing to see where Martin feels his best position is.

Cooper is extremely physical, bullying the opposition around the whole game, good in the air, and he is a pretty good passer. There have been a few instances where he found himself out of position and he was quick to react and get back. I will say that if he is played as the outside CB in a three-man backline he is going to have difficulty with the pace of a lot of wingers in one-on-one situations in transition. One element in his favour is that the quality many in the Championship possess in front of goal will let him off more than not.

Mightily impressed by him, but I’m not sure he is comfortable enough with his weaker foot when pressed to consistently play on the left. The challenge is that Cabango isn’t necessarily either, but Ben’s level of performance has been extremely high for quite some time and he’s a lock for my best XI right now. Dropping him is not out of the question, though, so Cooper will have a way into the XI somewhere.

Cooper playing as the central defender would suit him more at the moment, but he has to be really careful with his physicality and positioning there. Manning did much better in that regard against Bristol City, but he’s too small to warrant being played there over a full season.
Ryan Manning on 21:05 - Aug 22 with 1162 viewsjasper_T

Playing the small midfielder as the central of a three is how Flynn's Newport did it last season. Brandon played on the right with Matty Dolan in the middle and left-footed Demetriou on the other side. Big step up athletically from League Two though.
Ryan Manning on 23:54 - Aug 22 with 1126 viewsKilkennyjack

Ryan Manning on 08:40 - Aug 22 by Boundy

Not sure how a thread about Manning became one about Cabango and his perceived weaknesses . IMO Manning has been the most consistent player for us so far .

First time i have ever agreed with you.

Beware of the Risen People

Ryan Manning on 05:55 - Aug 23 with 1070 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I suspect Cooper will see a lot of game time this season largely due to his ability to ping a 50+ yard pass to either wing to capitalise on space left by opposition midfielders pressing our goalkeeper and defence.

Those sort of passes are essential when playing this way. It was one of Ashley Williams' greatest strengths.

I'm not suggesting Cooper is as capable as Williams in this regard, however from what we've seen during competitive matches, he's superior to all other centre backs in the senior team.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ryan Manning on 07:29 - Aug 23 with 1047 viewsItchySphincter

Cabango has proven himself to be an adequate defender at this level, something Cooper is yet to do. Cabango is no footballer though and in that respect Cooper is miles ahead. As Dwight pointed out above Cooper’s cross field passing is very reminiscent of Ashley Williams. No reason it has to be either or, and this manager may be able to find a place for both playing to their very different strengths.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ryan Manning on 07:40 - Aug 23 with 1037 viewsBoundy

Ryan Manning on 23:54 - Aug 22 by Kilkennyjack

First time i have ever agreed with you.

Try not to make a habit of it , it wouldn't do my reputation any good

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ryan Manning on 13:49 - Aug 23 with 952 viewsReslovenSwan1

Both Cooper, Brandon and Manning, Ryan have been highly praised by Martin, Russel. Martin went so far to say that although he could not guarantee Manning's role he would be almost a guaranteed start somewhere due to his football brain. This is a feather in the cap for Scott and his team.

Scott (club) signings failed to get game time. This season so far a number of players have come "out of the shadows". Benda, Latibeaudiere, Manning, Brandon Cooper and Whiitaker.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 13:51]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ryan Manning on 22:57 - Aug 23 with 852 viewsKeithHaynes

Ryan Manning on 00:33 - Aug 22 by GVJack

Whats the obsession with Ryan Manning? Are you a relative? After last three games there's been a thread purely on him?

You wait until we have the “Ryan Manning at home thread” cooking tips and how to replace a hoover bag. It’s going to transform the website.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ryan Manning on 23:05 - Aug 23 with 848 viewsBadlands

Mixed for me.
Mom one game a bit of a liability in another.
Needs a good run of games.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ryan Manning on 23:51 - Aug 23 with 828 viewsDJack

Ryan Manning on 22:57 - Aug 23 by KeithHaynes

You wait until we have the “Ryan Manning at home thread” cooking tips and how to replace a hoover bag. It’s going to transform the website.

Majority are bagless these days...get with the times, you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Ryan Manning on 06:56 - Aug 24 with 773 viewsDr_Winston

Ryan Manning on 23:51 - Aug 23 by DJack

Majority are bagless these days...get with the times, you.

That's exactly why people need tips on how to do it. Most will have forgotten.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024