Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms 10:13 - Aug 27 with 42418 viewsTransfer_Latest

It’s all here.
Thanks to AJK for his in and outs thread.
We now have the full on what’s occurring transfer deadline thread until close on Tuesday evening.

ADD YOURS TO THE THREAD 👍

* Jamie McCart, StJohnstone defender is making his mind up between five championship clubs including Swansea. Transfer possibly depends on Joel Latibeaudiere going out on loan.

* Kyle Joseph to leave the swans on loan once clauses for a return / call back are agreed.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Transfer window journalist based in North London

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:26 - Aug 31 with 2242 viewsjackrmee

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:25 - Aug 31 by Chief

Considering he publically stated the other day that he wanted replacements for the players leaving and more, I doubt it. Especially seeing as we still lacking the dynamic attacking midfielder that we badly need to break the line.

Yeah, true

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:26 - Aug 31 with 2236 viewslondonlisa2001

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:19 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Didn't get a LWB, but apart from that I think RM will be happy with the starting XI

He may be the only one then.

Where is the much vaunted number 9?

Creative midfielder?

We’ve swapped Lowe for Obafemi, lost two promising young players, swapped Roberts for Laird.

Williams is a good signing but we’ve kept Bennett and his wages, kept Grimes and his wages (may lose him for nothing) and haven’t added anything that can create something. Also kept Bidwell which we didn’t want to do it seems.

Ah well.
The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:28 - Aug 31 with 2215 viewsdobjack2

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:24 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Whittaker didnt go in the end

A consequence of Grimes staying and Fosu not signing?
The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:28 - Aug 31 with 2209 viewsmagicdaps10

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:25 - Aug 31 by Chief

Considering he publically stated the other day that he wanted replacements for the players leaving and more, I doubt it. Especially seeing as we still lacking the dynamic attacking midfielder that we badly need to break the line.

He won't be happy, needed to add atleast a +3 in numbers but we are down.

Up top is going to be a massive issue, faith in 2 rookies albeit with big potential and a back up in Cullen.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:30 - Aug 31 with 2184 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:28 - Aug 31 by magicdaps10

He won't be happy, needed to add atleast a +3 in numbers but we are down.

Up top is going to be a massive issue, faith in 2 rookies albeit with big potential and a back up in Cullen.

And Whittaker

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:34 - Aug 31 with 2133 viewslondonlisa2001

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:30 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

And Whittaker

He didn’t want Whittaker though. I mean I would keep him over Cullen but talking about RM.
The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:36 - Aug 31 with 2115 viewsChief

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:30 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

And Whittaker

"like a new signing"

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:37 - Aug 31 with 2101 viewsChief

Besides Ntcham is that definitely it now?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:37 - Aug 31 with 2092 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:36 - Aug 31 by Chief

"like a new signing"

It’s a body we would otherwise be short of. That’s what I’m taking from it

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:38 - Aug 31 with 2089 viewsguthrieintherain

And Whittaker

Ah well hopefully the Celtic player will sign and will add some creativity.
Don't believe for a second we turned down Grimes bids he is looking after himself.
And that has given us less to invest.

Joseph and Cooper will come back better players

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:55 - Aug 31 with 1970 viewsJack11

There are a few positions integral to what he wants to do. Up for debate whether we have them in the squad.

A GK who is comfortable with the ball and who has the ability to play an accurate pass over the press to the wing back on either side. Don’t think we have one.

A CB who can receive the ball short from the GK. Can hit accurate long passes to the wing backs or sharp low passes into midfield. Still don’t think we have one.

An attacking midfielder who can take the ball on the half-turn inside the opposition half and either drive forward or play incisive passes to the forwards. We haven’t had one of those for ages and still don’t.

A goalscorer. The good news is I think we’ve found a diamond in Piroe. He looks like he can get 15-20 this season.

I think overall we don’t have the right personnel for what he wants to do. A long season beckons now. Think we can stay up, but it will be a struggle. Trying not to be negative but it looks pretty grim to me.
The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 00:01 - Sep 1 with 1945 viewsdobjack2

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:26 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

Creative midfielder?

We’ve swapped Lowe for Obafemi, lost two promising young players, swapped Roberts for Laird.

Williams is a good signing but we’ve kept Bennett and his wages, kept Grimes and his wages (may lose him for nothing) and haven’t added anything that can create something. Also kept Bidwell which we didn’t want to do it seems.

Ah well.

Assume Obafemi has the number 9 shirt although not a traditional number 9.

Creative midfield - looks like Walsh or possibly Ntcham but as we were sniffing around Fosu there must be concerns. I’ve ruled out Dhanda lightweight and Paterson inconsistent as starters. We also have Fulton Grimes and Smith in central midfield. 7 players.

Agree - Bennett is a massive disappointment for his wages and accordingly will stay to end of contract; Grimes isn’t as wanted as he thought and We’ll see if Bidwell fits into the system.

We’ll see where we are by mid- October.
The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 00:06 - Sep 1 with 1919 viewslondonlisa2001

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 00:01 - Sep 1 by dobjack2

Assume Obafemi has the number 9 shirt although not a traditional number 9.

Creative midfield - looks like Walsh or possibly Ntcham but as we were sniffing around Fosu there must be concerns. I’ve ruled out Dhanda lightweight and Paterson inconsistent as starters. We also have Fulton Grimes and Smith in central midfield. 7 players.

Agree - Bennett is a massive disappointment for his wages and accordingly will stay to end of contract; Grimes isn’t as wanted as he thought and We’ll see if Bidwell fits into the system.

We’ll see where we are by mid- October.

Given he’s scored about 4 goals in 2 or 3 seasons I think that shirt number or not, he’s not the number 9 that was being talked about.

According to Brentford fans Fosu was actually in Swansea and then it was called off by us.
The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 00:27 - Sep 1 with 1857 viewsWalterBoyd

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:26 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

Creative midfielder?

Ah well.

So transfer day not gone as good as hope for.

Totally agree.

It's been a big disappointment unfortunately.

Still an half hour left to change it all.
The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 00:32 - Sep 1 with 1843 viewsdobjack2

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 00:06 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

Given he’s scored about 4 goals in 2 or 3 seasons I think that shirt number or not, he’s not the number 9 that was being talked about.

According to Brentford fans Fosu was actually in Swansea and then it was called off by us.

Agree with you about Obafemi, don’t think he was the player anyone was expecting or the player we referred to in the ores. Just saying he looks like the one that is getting the shirt and is a Lowe replacement.

I suspect the talk in the paper related to Andre Gray but his little mix girlfriend Leigh -Anne Pinnock is pregnant and I couldn’t see them leaving the London area to come here. Should have put money on him going to QPR. It could have been Nisbet but Hibs turned down £3 million for him from Birmingham in January so couldn’t see us topping that.

Looks like the Fosu deal died when we didn’t get the Grimes deal done. Whether that was us or Grimes we may never know. Suspect Whittaker deal was dependent on Fosu joining.
The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 05:33 - Sep 1 with 1630 viewsDr_Parnassus

Went to bed assuming it would get better as the deadline day progressed.

Turns out it didn't. Great.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 07:14 - Sep 1 with 1499 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 00:32 - Sep 1 by dobjack2

Agree with you about Obafemi, don’t think he was the player anyone was expecting or the player we referred to in the ores. Just saying he looks like the one that is getting the shirt and is a Lowe replacement.

I suspect the talk in the paper related to Andre Gray but his little mix girlfriend Leigh -Anne Pinnock is pregnant and I couldn’t see them leaving the London area to come here. Should have put money on him going to QPR. It could have been Nisbet but Hibs turned down £3 million for him from Birmingham in January so couldn’t see us topping that.

Looks like the Fosu deal died when we didn’t get the Grimes deal done. Whether that was us or Grimes we may never know. Suspect Whittaker deal was dependent on Fosu joining.

If it was Grimes deciding to see out the last year of his contract that’s annoying. It’s his right to of course but I hope as a result Martin uses him a lot less.

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 07:45 - Sep 1 with 1442 viewsmax936

Where’s the players, we were supposedly scouting/speaking to with deals more or less done, Williams apart we’ve got two players who are off pace, certainly the case with Ntcham, Smoke and mirrors again. Grimes didn’t go so we pulled out of the Fosu deal, fecking crazy.

On top of that we let a promising Joesph go out on loan and sold a 14 goal player and another who scored 5 with many assists as well.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 7:47]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 08:21 - Sep 1 with 1360 viewsswan65split

I just hope the ones we loaned out have re calls in them, just in case

On the plus side we will have the Jan window to save us!! or push us on.

COYS.
The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 08:34 - Sep 1 with 1325 viewsWhiterockin

So this window we have brought in.

Jamie Paterson
Flynn Downes
Ethan Laird
Rhys Williams
Joel Piroe
Michael Obafemi
Liam Walsh

With Olivier Ntcham possibly completing a deal today.

Puts some perspective on our summer dealings.
The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 08:39 - Sep 1 with 1301 viewsjackrmee

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:34 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

He didn’t want Whittaker though. I mean I would keep him over Cullen but talking about RM.

I think, not wanting him and wanting him to get minutes on loan, are totally different things.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 08:48 - Sep 1 with 1268 viewsmagicdaps10

So Fosu was in Swansea, ready to sign but the club cancelled it last minute for some reason.

Deal was agreed and supposedly had nothing to do with Grimes leaving as Grimes staying was known early enough in the day, supposedly before Fosu left to drive down here.

Strange one 🤔

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 08:59 - Sep 1 with 1230 viewsjackrmee

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 23:55 - Aug 31 by Jack11

There are a few positions integral to what he wants to do. Up for debate whether we have them in the squad.

A GK who is comfortable with the ball and who has the ability to play an accurate pass over the press to the wing back on either side. Don’t think we have one.

A CB who can receive the ball short from the GK. Can hit accurate long passes to the wing backs or sharp low passes into midfield. Still don’t think we have one.

An attacking midfielder who can take the ball on the half-turn inside the opposition half and either drive forward or play incisive passes to the forwards. We haven’t had one of those for ages and still don’t.

A goalscorer. The good news is I think we’ve found a diamond in Piroe. He looks like he can get 15-20 this season.

I think overall we don’t have the right personnel for what he wants to do. A long season beckons now. Think we can stay up, but it will be a struggle. Trying not to be negative but it looks pretty grim to me.

I agree it's going to be difficult.
Probably get a couple more in in January.

In reply to your issues:

GK - Benda will take time to bed in. I do think he can do the job RM wants though. His distribution is very good. Just needs to calm down a bit and relax.

CB - We signed Williams. Can he do that? He will surely play. So we still have plenty of players in that position who can improve over the next few months. The ones who do better will play. We have a massive pool of players who have done OK there. Cooper/Bennett/Manning/Cabango/Naughton/Lati. Surely out of them 6, 2 will take to the new tactics well.

AM - We have Ntcham/Walsh/Paterson. OK, Paterson looks like he will be backup, but that's not a bad sub to have by the looks of him. Walsh looks quality and Ntcham could be a star.

STR - Surely it will be Piroe and Oba upfront together. One seems rapid, the other prolific. Sounds good to me. We kept Whittaker and Cullen, which many people wanted. Looks like Oba will get the #9 shirt. Not sure we could have asked for much more there.

For me, our team looks pretty good. Not perfect. Bidwell isn't perfect there for RM, but he can cross very well and has done OK this season so far.

We always knew this was going to take time.
The first window went OK IMO, with more work to do in the next window. The squad looks decent and we have backup in most positions.

I can understand why people are upset with the window, as we lost some massive players, but they were always going to go.
Be patient. We will be OK.

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 09:12 - Sep 1 with 1201 viewsmax936

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 08:34 - Sep 1 by Whiterockin

So this window we have brought in.

Jamie Paterson
Flynn Downes
Ethan Laird
Rhys Williams
Joel Piroe
Michael Obafemi
Liam Walsh

With Olivier Ntcham possibly completing a deal today.

Puts some perspective on our summer dealings.

Hope we’ll be ok, Obafemi sounds delighted to be here, him and Williams, will hopefully do well and hopefully if Ntcham does sign, he’ll get his fitness and perceived attitude issues sorted.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 09:13 - Sep 1 with 1195 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Transfer latest thread : Rumours & Confirms on 08:59 - Sep 1 by jackrmee

I agree it's going to be difficult.
Probably get a couple more in in January.

In reply to your issues:

GK - Benda will take time to bed in. I do think he can do the job RM wants though. His distribution is very good. Just needs to calm down a bit and relax.

CB - We signed Williams. Can he do that? He will surely play. So we still have plenty of players in that position who can improve over the next few months. The ones who do better will play. We have a massive pool of players who have done OK there. Cooper/Bennett/Manning/Cabango/Naughton/Lati. Surely out of them 6, 2 will take to the new tactics well.

AM - We have Ntcham/Walsh/Paterson. OK, Paterson looks like he will be backup, but that's not a bad sub to have by the looks of him. Walsh looks quality and Ntcham could be a star.

STR - Surely it will be Piroe and Oba upfront together. One seems rapid, the other prolific. Sounds good to me. We kept Whittaker and Cullen, which many people wanted. Looks like Oba will get the #9 shirt. Not sure we could have asked for much more there.

For me, our team looks pretty good. Not perfect. Bidwell isn't perfect there for RM, but he can cross very well and has done OK this season so far.

We always knew this was going to take time.
The first window went OK IMO, with more work to do in the next window. The squad looks decent and we have backup in most positions.

I can understand why people are upset with the window, as we lost some massive players, but they were always going to go.
Be patient. We will be OK.

A more optimistic viewpoint and it could come off.
Lets see how this develops before writing us off. Some of our signings look very good indeed.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024