Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn 21:17 - Aug 30 with 8531 viewsKeithHaynes

Rumour, but gathering pace.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:52 - Aug 31 with 1443 viewsjackrmee

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:49 - Aug 31 by PBJ

I thought he kept the ball tidy upfront

We gonna need that Scot player if he is going

There's been a lot of talk about a proper number 9 for weeks, plus the jersey has been kept spare for some reason.
I doubt Lowe would have been starting upfront for us.
Fingers crossed we get a big striker in.
That Nisbet looks out of our league IMO.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:52 - Aug 31 with 1438 viewsjack247

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:39 - Aug 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I understand many would expect more for a player who scored 14/15 goals last season. However, he's clearly not in the new manager's plans. He isn't good enough to play the centre forward role and we do not operate with wingers, the position Lowe has proven to play best at.

What's the point of keeping him here on the bench / U23s for a season? If £1.5m is the highest offer we've received from two bidding clubs, then unfortunately it is £1.5m we will have to take.

The wingbacks in our system are essentially wingers. They have little defensive responsibility and their default position is higher up the pitch than the likes of Dyer, Hernandes, Montero used to be. Lowe could easily have played that role, in fact Martin alluded to him playing in other attacking positions a couple of weeks ago.

If Martin is desperate to get a particular player in and this is the only way to do it though, then so be it.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:54 - Aug 31 with 1428 viewsWhiterockin

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:52 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

There's been a lot of talk about a proper number 9 for weeks, plus the jersey has been kept spare for some reason.
I doubt Lowe would have been starting upfront for us.
Fingers crossed we get a big striker in.
That Nisbet looks out of our league IMO.

Cash coming in albeit not large amounts plus some from the James deal, you never know.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 11:26 - Aug 31 with 1357 viewsangryjack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:05 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

I’d consider taking up a new hobby fella, you have to be the least knowledgeable poster regarding football on this board ( & that takes some doing).

Don't think so mush Lowe has been found out "fella""
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 11:38 - Aug 31 with 1323 viewsjackrmee

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:52 - Aug 31 by jack247

The wingbacks in our system are essentially wingers. They have little defensive responsibility and their default position is higher up the pitch than the likes of Dyer, Hernandes, Montero used to be. Lowe could easily have played that role, in fact Martin alluded to him playing in other attacking positions a couple of weeks ago.

If Martin is desperate to get a particular player in and this is the only way to do it though, then so be it.

Lowe not fast enough IMO

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 11:44 - Aug 31 with 1290 viewsWhiterockin

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 11:26 - Aug 31 by angryjack

Don't think so mush Lowe has been found out "fella""

That's harsh. Lowe needs to play wide and run with the ball or down the channels. To expect him to play up front and hold the ball up and bring players in is never his game. Another square peg in a round hole. This window is the time to change the pegs.

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 11:49 - Aug 31 with 1269 viewsangryjack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 11:44 - Aug 31 by Whiterockin

That's harsh. Lowe needs to play wide and run with the ball or down the channels. To expect him to play up front and hold the ball up and bring players in is never his game. Another square peg in a round hole. This window is the time to change the pegs.

Maybe one good game every 20 not good enough
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 11:57 - Aug 31 with 1234 viewsWhiterockin

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 11:49 - Aug 31 by angryjack

Maybe one good game every 20 not good enough

Agreed, but its not that he has been found out. The guy always gives 100% for us but is expected to play in the wrong role. A move could be the best for both sides.

Login to get fewer ads

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:03 - Aug 31 with 1212 viewsangryjack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 11:57 - Aug 31 by Whiterockin

Agreed, but its not that he has been found out. The guy always gives 100% for us but is expected to play in the wrong role. A move could be the best for both sides.

100% should be a given..whether that is 100% of good or 100% of rubbish that's the issue his touch is not best his decision making with passing a lot be desired,I can count on 1 hand the amount of good games he has had..simply not good enough
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:06 - Aug 31 with 1203 viewsjack247

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 11:38 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Lowe not fast enough IMO

He’s rapid. He was a winger until he came to us. Plus we’re playing Bidwell there at the moment.

Irrelevant now I guess.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:13 - Aug 31 with 1160 viewsDr_Parnassus

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:06 - Aug 31 by jack247

He’s rapid. He was a winger until he came to us. Plus we’re playing Bidwell there at the moment.

Irrelevant now I guess.

3 mins 33 secs.

We will absolutely miss this as an option. We appear to be morphing into a very predictable and one dimensional team.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:39 - Aug 31 with 1129 viewsjack247

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:13 - Aug 31 by Dr_Parnassus

3 mins 33 secs.

We will absolutely miss this as an option. We appear to be morphing into a very predictable and one dimensional team.

Well yes exactly.

I’d never play Lowe as a wingback in the Connor Roberts mould. In a system where he’d barely be required to come into our half and his remit would be to run at defenders and create chances, I think he would have done well.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:42 - Aug 31 with 1111 viewsangryjack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:39 - Aug 31 by jack247

Well yes exactly.

I’d never play Lowe as a wingback in the Connor Roberts mould. In a system where he’d barely be required to come into our half and his remit would be to run at defenders and create chances, I think he would have done well.

Against league 1 teams probably his level
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:47 - Aug 31 with 1089 viewsjack247

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:42 - Aug 31 by angryjack

Against league 1 teams probably his level

10th most goals in the Championship last season with everyone above him bar Buendia, Danjuma and Ayew being out and out centre forwards.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:51 - Aug 31 with 1079 viewsangryjack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:47 - Aug 31 by jack247

10th most goals in the Championship last season with everyone above him bar Buendia, Danjuma and Ayew being out and out centre forwards.

Wouldn't repeat it
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 13:01 - Aug 31 with 1049 viewsjack247

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 12:51 - Aug 31 by angryjack

Wouldn't repeat it

Wouldn’t need to to be worth more than £1.5m.

We’ve doubled our money on him, but we could have done so much better.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 13:03 - Aug 31 with 1042 viewsJackDragon

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 13:01 - Aug 31 by jack247

Blackburn balked at £1.5m. STID
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 13:03 - Aug 31 with 1042 viewsjackrmee

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 13:01 - Aug 31 by jack247

Or we could have asked for more, not got any bites, had to keep him for the season, not played him enough, lost money next window with one year left on his contract.

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 13:19 - Aug 31 with 1009 viewsReslovenSwan1

Its a dynamic situation. Martin has come in and done some rapid assessments of what he has. 4 players are out of contract and not happy with what the club has offered them. Move them all out and replace. Up to £10m ? in and £30k per week salary freed up.

The 'dirty dozen' 19-22 aged players MUST play somewhere or will ROT on the bench. Perhaps Whittaker and Joseph will now get game time at Swansea replacing Lowe. Martin has talked highly of Joseph. Joseph is a CF playing wing while Lowe was a winger playing CF. Straight swap. Joseph / Whittaker will have to go some to get 14 goals. Whittaker at least loos to be on a steep upward trajectory.

Garrick, Cameron Evans, Ollie Cooper out on loan. Benda Playing Brandon C playing. Rushesha injured. Piroe playing

Joseph Whittaker Willaims playing /loan TBC. They need a minimum of 25 games this season.

Webb Butler. u23 review January.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 14:30 - Aug 31 with 936 viewsPBJ

Always go with the Facts.

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 14:31 - Aug 31 with 931 viewsjasper_T

Wigan keeping a close eye on their 20% sell-on.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 14:37 - Aug 31 with 900 viewsBoundy

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 11:44 - Aug 31 by Whiterockin

As witnessed v Plymouth , picking the ball up in our half and no one could catch him for our 3rd goal

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 14:39 - Aug 31 with 889 viewsjackrmee

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 14:31 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

Wigan keeping a close eye on their 20% sell-on.

20% is a lot.
Hopefully we have the 20% on the DJ clause

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 18:52 - Aug 31 with 756 viewsjackrmee

Deal done
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58402465

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 19:01 - Aug 31 with 728 viewsnantywatcher

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 14:37 - Aug 31 by Boundy

As witnessed v Plymouth , picking the ball up in our half and no one could catch him for our 3rd goal

The outstanding highlight of one of the most boring tedious football matches I've watched in the last 20 years. We were awful to watch. Some outstanding individual moments papered over the cracks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024