Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ntcham and Piroe 01:55 - Sep 19 with 1990 viewsDr_Parnassus

These are the two superstars of our side. Absolute quality oozing out of both.

These, in my opinion, could be playing Premier League football.

Ntchams eye for the ball is something highly desirable, always trying to make himself available and the technical quality he has is off the scale. Today’s goal was world class.

Piroe has movement that I don’t think I have seen here in a long time, a natural striker. I would have to go back to Tammy Abraham as the last striker we had with a similar eye for the runs he has to make and again doesn’t need to many chances to put one away.

Neither of these two have any business being in a side that can’t win games. If we are to really build, really push forward - we cannot accept the “don’t mind where we finish” line, and we must start winning games.

Football careers are short, if these lads have a great season and we finish 20th. As soon as a bit of interest comes in from bigger and more successful sides then their heads will be turned. Then we will be in another state of rebuilding where we are trying to replace our goal scorer and midfield driving force (Ntcham is the only one with a bit of midfield attacking spark).

So while it’s noble to keep saying that it’s fine wherever we finish, it really isn’t. League position is so important for a variety of reasons. Ability to attract players, ability to retain players and overall confidence.

This squad must be up there with one of the best I have seen us have in the football league (Brendan team aside). Make no mistake this is a high top half squad without question, which it should be after spending millions on it.

This is no slight on the manager (who I am still behind despite people desperate to suggest otherwise), but we can’t keep making excuses to why it’s okay that we are where we are, or indeed that we may finish anywhere above the drop zone (some even saying relegation is fine which I find staggering).

Mistakes cannot be repeated that we saw today. The second half saw a more direct approach and of course the correct personnel, which I noted at the time when we were still trailing 3-0/3-1 and said we may just get something out of it, which we did…. It’s not a coincidence.

This fan vs fan infighting has to stop though, accept people see things differently. It’s clearly not beyond the pale to say 1 win from 8 league games isn’t good enough, it would be more beneficial to have a more open and honest dialogue surrounding the current events rather than pretend there are any agendas at play and that any concerns are an attack on the club or manager.

We are 21st for crying out loud, the concerns are absolutely in keeping with events. That’s not to say future events cant dispel those concerns, but those events have to come first.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 3:38]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Ntcham and Piroe on 08:31 - Sep 19 with 1581 viewsmagicdaps10

Agreed, quality who could certainly strut their stuff in the Premier league.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ntcham and Piroe on 08:51 - Sep 19 with 1561 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ntcham and Piroe on 08:31 - Sep 19 by magicdaps10

Agreed, quality who could certainly strut their stuff in the Premier league.

I had my doubts about both to be honest, Piroe especially.

They are both proper Swansea signings like the old days. Little bit of damaged goods about them but with something to prove.

Ntcham and Piroe on 09:30 - Sep 19 with 1522 viewsPrivate_Partz

Started so well then turned on the team and management. It takes time to transform. The side improves virtually every game after an understandably shaky start. We could easily have had two wins out of our last two home games. Let's give RM a chance. A complete change in playing style with 9 new players takes time.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ntcham and Piroe on 09:31 - Sep 19 with 1519 viewsmagicdaps10

Piroe was hailed as a world beater at youth level but went wayward....modern day Scott Sinclair.

Ntcham played at a top level, few issues and never pushed on....modern day Wayne Routledge.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ntcham and Piroe on 09:42 - Sep 19 with 1501 viewsItchySphincter

The OP started so well.

I agree re Ntcham and Piroe, who wouldn’t? I’m also holding out for Obafemi too. He’s been a bit isolated but with Piroe alongside and Ntcham behind will hopefully thrive. The first 11 looks good to me, top half should be within them with the likes of Fulton, Grimes, Walsh, Smith, Downes to choose from in midfield. I’m not confident about the ball playing abilities if the defenders though.

Keep the panic and the hyperbole under control and we should start climbing.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ntcham and Piroe on 09:54 - Sep 19 with 1486 viewsBillyChong

Ntcham looks fantastic. Ripped up the game plan second half and drove us forward. I suspect he might be the type to occasionally disobey tactical instructions, but he’s got to be on the pitch until we are in a position to manage a game out.
Ntcham and Piroe on 09:57 - Sep 19 with 1485 viewsDr_Parnassus

By “started so well” I assume you guys mean said things you agree with?

I went on to say that valid opinions should be accepted didn’t I? I assume you don’t agree, and everyone should be purring over a team in 21st place.

Get real, there are positive and negatives. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. We have won 1 in 8.

If people genuinely don’t think that any concerns raised are justified then I really am amazed.

Ntcham and Piroe on 09:58 - Sep 19 with 1483 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ntcham and Piroe on 09:30 - Sep 19 by Private_Partz

Started so well then turned on the team and management. It takes time to transform. The side improves virtually every game after an understandably shaky start. We could easily have had two wins out of our last two home games. Let's give RM a chance. A complete change in playing style with 9 new players takes time.

This is the exact thing I’m talking about. It’s just pure searching for conflict and myth creation.

Read my OP. Quote anything you deem as “turning on the team and management” and then explain why the comments you quote are that, instead of reality.

I disagree we are improving every game, that first half was among the worst in decades. I also disagree that changing system takes all this time; I have explained why til the cows come home. A draw to Luton doesn’t change that, we have won 1 in 8.

The OP wasn’t about bending the knee to the positive at all costs gang; it was about suggesting that instead of continually arguing (like your reply was intended for) how about we accept all views are valid, especially when they are clearly based on the situation (21st for a reason) and actually have some worthwhile discussion.

If that’s too hard for some of you then it’s probably best you don’t reply, unless of course you wish to continue the mud slinging back and forth? I’m up for either, one however infinitely more productive and pleasant than the other.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 10:02]

Login to get fewer ads

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:00 - Sep 19 with 1479 viewsonehunglow

Both these players have class and Ntcham isnt showing any signs of bad attitude of which he was accused.They LOOK quality.

BOTH were deemed not suitable to start yesterday

Piroe was sent home prior to Blackburn

Any sign of penny dropping yet?

Piroe will get plenty although somebody slipped in that his conversion rate as poor yesterday. Seemed to get away with that pearler.

I truly hope Russy does not faff these about as they will be off in January. THIS is what we should be concerned about not the Martin Plan and how long it will run for.

We need to hold on to these two.We've done well to get them here so don't farkthem about .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:14 - Sep 19 with 1452 viewsjackrmee

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:00 - Sep 19 by onehunglow

Both these players have class and Ntcham isnt showing any signs of bad attitude of which he was accused.They LOOK quality.

BOTH were deemed not suitable to start yesterday

Piroe was sent home prior to Blackburn

Any sign of penny dropping yet?

Piroe will get plenty although somebody slipped in that his conversion rate as poor yesterday. Seemed to get away with that pearler.

I truly hope Russy does not faff these about as they will be off in January. THIS is what we should be concerned about not the Martin Plan and how long it will run for.

We need to hold on to these two.We've done well to get them here so don't farkthem about .

Some might say that RM has been picking his team around fitness.
Others might say that he's purposely picking a sh!t team for some reason.
What is that reason mate? Any ideas?

You seem to think that he has something against Piroe?
Seen as he left him at home and now chooses to drop him.

Do you honestly think he is putting these layers on the bench because he doesn't like them?
Or is it because he can't see that they are any good?
Or is he simply trying to lose football matches?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:27 - Sep 19 with 1442 viewsItchySphincter

Ntcham and Piroe on 09:57 - Sep 19 by Dr_Parnassus

By “started so well” I assume you guys mean said things you agree with?

I went on to say that valid opinions should be accepted didn’t I? I assume you don’t agree, and everyone should be purring over a team in 21st place.

Get real, there are positive and negatives. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. We have won 1 in 8.

If people genuinely don’t think that any concerns raised are justified then I really am amazed.

Don’t take it personally. I agreed with your initial thoughts but don’t be offended because I don’t necessarily fall in to line with all of it.

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:32 - Sep 19 with 1433 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:27 - Sep 19 by ItchySphincter

Don’t take it personally. I agreed with your initial thoughts but don’t be offended because I don’t necessarily fall in to line with all of it.

Who is offended? Not me.

Not sure how you can disagree that finishing 20th may make some of our players heads turn if they get interest from more successful teams and we will find it harder to attract players than if we had a high finish to be honest.

Pretty obvious point to make I thought.

But each to their own.

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:35 - Sep 19 with 1424 viewsonehunglow

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:14 - Sep 19 by jackrmee

Some might say that RM has been picking his team around fitness.
Others might say that he's purposely picking a sh!t team for some reason.
What is that reason mate? Any ideas?

You seem to think that he has something against Piroe?
Seen as he left him at home and now chooses to drop him.

Do you honestly think he is putting these layers on the bench because he doesn't like them?
Or is it because he can't see that they are any good?
Or is he simply trying to lose football matches?

Yes
No
No.

Do you think he has been fair with Whittaker

Do you think it is right for Grimes to pick undropable

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:41 - Sep 19 with 1414 viewsItchySphincter

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:32 - Sep 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Who is offended? Not me.

Not sure how you can disagree that finishing 20th may make some of our players heads turn if they get interest from more successful teams and we will find it harder to attract players than if we had a high finish to be honest.

But each to their own.

Not disagreeing with that but I’m not jumping on the bandwagon that we’re doomed under this manager yet. At the moment I’m not entirely satisfied with our league position but I believe we will pull away based on what I’ve seen, so I’m it overly concerned. We need to turn draws in to wins so it not as if we’re trying to turn losses in to draws, it of course it could go either way, too early to tell for me. Hope that’s okay.

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:51 - Sep 19 with 1393 viewsjackrmee

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:35 - Sep 19 by onehunglow

Yes
No
No.

Whittaker or Cullen may be able to get on our bench. Neither good enough to play.
Just because he scored a hattrick, doesn't mean he should get a place.
He needs to go out on loan IMO.

Grimes, I don't think I would pick, if I was picking the team. But I am not. So I will leave that selection to the manager, who knows far more than me about his tactics and about what players do in training and why they should be in the side.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:51 - Sep 19 with 1393 viewsonehunglow

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:41 - Sep 19 by ItchySphincter

Not disagreeing with that but I’m not jumping on the bandwagon that we’re doomed under this manager yet. At the moment I’m not entirely satisfied with our league position but I believe we will pull away based on what I’ve seen, so I’m it overly concerned. We need to turn draws in to wins so it not as if we’re trying to turn losses in to draws, it of course it could go either way, too early to tell for me. Hope that’s okay.

I wouldnt say we are "doomed" either,.Ive not stated that.

We do thoigh face big challenges and clubs near u are and will pick up as they did yesterday.This is a tight league and Martin needs to get the basics right now and that means starting the best players if they are fit. He hasnt and doesnt but yesterday we got something.
We were as bad at Preston

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:54 - Sep 19 with 1387 viewsKeithHaynes

Both will flourish in this swans side with the responsibility on them.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ntcham and Piroe on 11:07 - Sep 19 with 1368 viewsjackrmee

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:32 - Sep 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Who is offended? Not me.

But each to their own.

A below mid table finish will not necessarily make players want to leave.
It could also be argued that a high finish would only get our manager poached. Then the players he brought on would also go.

There is an argument that a lower finish in the table, while building the identity and style, would be better for the club, as there would be less chance of losing the manager and players.

I'm not saying that we should get relegated.
Simply that it could benefit us to not finish too high this year, which will give the transition more time to bed in.
Next year we can really go for it, when we have more chance of fighting for promotion.

At least that way, when we do get a decent finish, even if we don't get promoted and our manager leaves, we will have a proper platform and identity, ready for the new manager to slot right in.

Ntcham and Piroe on 11:16 - Sep 19 with 1357 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:41 - Sep 19 by ItchySphincter

Making things up will never be ok.

Who said we are doomed?

Again what has been commented on is what has happened - not what will happen.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 11:17]

Ntcham and Piroe on 12:20 - Sep 19 with 1282 viewsItchySphincter

Ntcham and Piroe on 11:16 - Sep 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Making things up will never be ok.

Who said we are doomed?

Again what has been commented on is what has happened - not what will happen.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 11:17]

No one’s making things up. I didn’t put doomed in to quotation marks or attribute it to you did I?

It’s not okay to constantly make things up or constantly go looking for arguments.

Commenting on what has happened is what we are all doing. We all have differing views on what might happen although we can all agree on what could happen.

There is nothing to argue about there, the only difference is that you’re focused on the negatives and I’m focused on the positives.

Again, no reason to type out a huge response about how I am wrong and you are right, because there is no right and no wrong, and nothing made up, to suggest there is would be making things up. ;)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 13:48]

Ntcham and Piroe on 12:23 - Sep 19 with 1275 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ntcham and Piroe on 12:20 - Sep 19 by ItchySphincter

No one’s making things up. I didn’t put doomed in to quotation marks or attribute it to you did I?

It’s not okay to constantly make things up or constantly go looking for arguments.

Commenting on what has happened is what we are all doing. We all have differing views on what might happen although we can all agree on what could happen.

There is nothing to argue about there, the only difference is that you’re focused on the negatives and I’m focused on the positives.

Again, no reason to type out a huge response about how I am wrong and you are right, because there is no right and no wrong, and nothing made up, to suggest there is would be making things up. ;)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 13:48]

Well to say you were not willing to get on the bandwagon that we are doomed would suggest there is one. Wouldn’t it?

Who does that bandwagon consist of then? And why?

Ntcham and Piroe on 12:26 - Sep 19 with 1274 viewsnantywatcher

Ntcham and Piroe on 10:35 - Sep 19 by onehunglow

Yes
No
No.

Matt Grimes is more or less undropable - he is that consistently good. At the same time I have to say ridding the pitch of Downes gave us a real chance of recovery yesterday. he must be the most tedious, unimaginative, laid-back player I have had to suffer watching for a long time (and as for his competing for the ball in the air - comedy gold!) There is a cracking player in their somewhere but yesterday's turnaround without him o the pitch did not surprise me; if Matt is allowed to get on with his game without having to nursemaid Flyn through 90 minutes we can start table climbing. I think Downes is a star in the making, but he makes me grind my teeth at the moment.
Ntcham and Piroe on 16:03 - Sep 19 with 1161 viewsonehunglow

Ntcham and Piroe on 12:26 - Sep 19 by nantywatcher

Matt Grimes is more or less undropable - he is that consistently good. At the same time I have to say ridding the pitch of Downes gave us a real chance of recovery yesterday. he must be the most tedious, unimaginative, laid-back player I have had to suffer watching for a long time (and as for his competing for the ball in the air - comedy gold!) There is a cracking player in their somewhere but yesterday's turnaround without him o the pitch did not surprise me; if Matt is allowed to get on with his game without having to nursemaid Flyn through 90 minutes we can start table climbing. I think Downes is a star in the making, but he makes me grind my teeth at the moment.

"Consistently good" then.
Fair play.

Ntcham and Piroe on 17:21 - Sep 19 with 1109 viewsAndyCole

Ntcham and Piroe on 12:26 - Sep 19 by nantywatcher

Absolutely. Funny how those that have either played the game, or are our recent managers see the same in Grimes. Head n shoulders our best player right now (until maybe Piroe or Ntch kick on).

Good to see at least one other person spot how Downes stifles the CDM space and Grimes' ability to command and control. Yesterday's decision by Martin to sub Downes and give Grimes the freedom of that space shows there's some hope for Martin (unless of course he was shown the way by our senior players, yet again).

Some are calling for Grimes to be dropped for Downes and for Downes to be captain - bonkers in so many ways.

Piroe - a massive player recruited by Cooper - yet dropped from the 1st team matchday squad for our inaugural game, and stripped of the #9 jersey in fell swoop by our rookie manager who by all accounts 'didn't fancy him....' ; dropped from yesterday's starting lineup.

Inexplicable stuff, truly.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Ntcham and Piroe on 17:27 - Sep 19 with 1099 viewsonehunglow

Ntcham and Piroe on 17:21 - Sep 19 by AndyCole

Absolutely. Funny how those that have either played the game, or are our recent managers see the same in Grimes. Head n shoulders our best player right now (until maybe Piroe or Ntch kick on).

Good to see at least one other person spot how Downes stifles the CDM space and Grimes' ability to command and control. Yesterday's decision by Martin to sub Downes and give Grimes the freedom of that space shows there's some hope for Martin (unless of course he was shown the way by our senior players, yet again).

Some are calling for Grimes to be dropped for Downes and for Downes to be captain - bonkers in so many ways.

Piroe - a massive player recruited by Cooper - yet dropped from the 1st team matchday squad for our inaugural game, and stripped of the #9 jersey in fell swoop by our rookie manager who by all accounts 'didn't fancy him....' ; dropped from yesterday's starting lineup.

Inexplicable stuff, truly.

I both disagree and agree.

I still wish you a noson llawen and a good life though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024