Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? 20:43 - Sep 19 with 5331 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are you happy with our government's handling of it?
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 16:39 - Sep 20 with 779 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 16:29 - Sep 20 by Professor

You truly are taken. Of course you don’t believe there is any man made climate change. So **** the future eh? I would rather my tax go on this than endless dodgy deals or an arms race.

No you are the one that is taken, you are unable to comprehend that Intermittent energy can never, ever power the grid.
You would need to increase the wind power 5 fold at £4billion/MWh to cover our current needs and that is without EVs and Electric Heating.
Then you would have to invest it all again in 20 years.
You have been sold the great green dream that is turning in to a nightmare wherever it is tried.
Germany, Texas, California, Australia and now here.
Overpriced and unreliable energy is for fools.
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 16:44 - Sep 20 with 768 viewsProfessor

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 16:39 - Sep 20 by A_Fans_Dad

No you are the one that is taken, you are unable to comprehend that Intermittent energy can never, ever power the grid.
You would need to increase the wind power 5 fold at £4billion/MWh to cover our current needs and that is without EVs and Electric Heating.
Then you would have to invest it all again in 20 years.
You have been sold the great green dream that is turning in to a nightmare wherever it is tried.
Germany, Texas, California, Australia and now here.
Overpriced and unreliable energy is for fools.

Which is why investment and development is needed. You are complete idiot. Do you not see what is happening to the world?
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 16:50 - Sep 20 with 761 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 16:28 - Sep 20 by majorraglan

I think a number of posters on different sides of the spectrum are all making good points.
From where I sit, I believe global warming and blinder change is real and I firmly believe that renewables are the way forward. That said, we also have to have a plan B.

I believe the current situation we are in is a direct result of a lack of joined up thinking and forward planning. I would have thought it would be in the national interest to be self sufficient when it comes to energy supply, but we are overly reliant on other countries for our gas supply and our electricity as the DM article points out. I wasn’t aware of the issue with the gas storage facility in Yorkshire, but it’s unbelievable that a critical facility is allowed to fall in to a state of disrepair and then closed down.

I know the government and the Conservative party in general don’t believe in a big state function but I believe there are somethings they have to be directed and controlled from the centre and energy supply is one of those things. There’s previously been talk of a lack of future generating capacity, potential shortages in electricity production and black outs and this should have been addressed a long time ago.

We need an effective strategy which endures our lights don’t go off and that our homes are adequately heated. We’ve seen how poorly prepared we were for the pandemic after Exercise Cygnus identified our shortcomings, we can’t allow similar shortcomings to manifest themselves with our energy supply.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 16:40]

Major, intermittent Renewables are not the answer, Gas and Nuclear SMRs and MSRs are the future, unless one of the other new technologies like Plasma energy conversion comes on line.
But the back-up plan should be clean burning coal, of which we have about 500 years worth under our feet, you can stockpile coal and some gas, you can't stockpile wind or solar.
For the cost of Wind we could have had them all, instead we have to have wind, solar and backup.
We invested £11.2Billion last year alone in wind energy for generation equipment which will be very lucky to last 20 years.
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 16:54 - Sep 20 with 759 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 16:44 - Sep 20 by Professor

Which is why investment and development is needed. You are complete idiot. Do you not see what is happening to the world?

I see the propaganda of what they say is happening to the world.
You believe the lies and I believe the data and most of it is not your so called "climate denier's" data it is IPCC and NASA/NOAA and Scientist's data.
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:01 - Sep 20 with 747 viewsProfessor

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 16:54 - Sep 20 by A_Fans_Dad

I see the propaganda of what they say is happening to the world.
You believe the lies and I believe the data and most of it is not your so called "climate denier's" data it is IPCC and NASA/NOAA and Scientist's data.

God you are monumentally thick. Do you not think we work across areas? We have a project in India. Chicken producers are relocating from southern states as it’s now too hot. You think the incredibly inconsistent weather is chance? You do realise you can’t clean burn hydrocarbons. It’s impossible. But then you are a retired factory worker and I doubt you ever studied chemistry past 16.
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:06 - Sep 20 with 745 viewsfelixstowe_jack

How long before the Swansea lagoon becomes economically viable?

The project cost per megawatt for Hinckley point power station is £92 per megawatt based on construction cost, running cost and decommissioning cost.with a life span of 60 years

The projected price is £92 per megawatt base on construction costs and running costs with a life span of 120 years.

All six tidal lagoons will produce as much power as Hinckley point.

Time to reconsider the project, place take note Westminster and Senedd.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 17:14]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:08 - Sep 20 with 744 viewscontroversial_jack

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:01 - Sep 20 by Professor

God you are monumentally thick. Do you not think we work across areas? We have a project in India. Chicken producers are relocating from southern states as it’s now too hot. You think the incredibly inconsistent weather is chance? You do realise you can’t clean burn hydrocarbons. It’s impossible. But then you are a retired factory worker and I doubt you ever studied chemistry past 16.

You can clean burn hydrocarbons if you get the combustion right.
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:19 - Sep 20 with 735 viewsProfessor

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:08 - Sep 20 by controversial_jack

You can clean burn hydrocarbons if you get the combustion right.

How without CO2’or worse CO production?
Login to get fewer ads

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:31 - Sep 20 with 729 viewsProfessor

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:06 - Sep 20 by felixstowe_jack

How long before the Swansea lagoon becomes economically viable?

The project cost per megawatt for Hinckley point power station is £92 per megawatt based on construction cost, running cost and decommissioning cost.with a life span of 60 years

The projected price is £92 per megawatt base on construction costs and running costs with a life span of 120 years.

All six tidal lagoons will produce as much power as Hinckley point.

Time to reconsider the project, place take note Westminster and Senedd.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 17:14]

Nuclear is a far better option in the short to medium term than coal or gas. Acceptance is the issue after Fukushima, Chernobyl , Three Mile Island etc. But another where we have failed to invest
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:31 - Sep 20 with 729 viewscontroversial_jack

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:19 - Sep 20 by Professor

How without CO2’or worse CO production?

Carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide aren't pollutants.
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:45 - Sep 20 with 726 viewsProfessor

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:31 - Sep 20 by controversial_jack

Carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide aren't pollutants.

Pollutants like sulphur dioxide are not the issue. They can be and are removed.
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 18:36 - Sep 20 with 703 viewsBoundy

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 16:50 - Sep 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Major, intermittent Renewables are not the answer, Gas and Nuclear SMRs and MSRs are the future, unless one of the other new technologies like Plasma energy conversion comes on line.
But the back-up plan should be clean burning coal, of which we have about 500 years worth under our feet, you can stockpile coal and some gas, you can't stockpile wind or solar.
For the cost of Wind we could have had them all, instead we have to have wind, solar and backup.
We invested £11.2Billion last year alone in wind energy for generation equipment which will be very lucky to last 20 years.

Reference your last point , Taff Ely wind farm for example became operational in 1993 and is still producing 3 years after its expected life span of 25 years and that's using 30 year old technology .Each new design change improves on the last such as slower blade speeds but increased generation capacity , ( less wear on moving parts for example such as bearings shafts, & brakes )

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 18:39 - Sep 20 with 703 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 17:01 - Sep 20 by Professor

For someone "monumentally thick" at least I understand what the Global in Global Warming means unlike you.

While southern states were hot northern states were cold as in
https://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/delhi-records-coldest-october-in-58-years-says-w
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 18:52 - Sep 20 with 695 viewsProfessor

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 18:39 - Sep 20 by A_Fans_Dad

For someone "monumentally thick" at least I understand what the Global in Global Warming means unlike you.

While southern states were hot northern states were cold as in
https://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/delhi-records-coldest-october-in-58-years-says-w

Brilliant post. Shows your blatant stupidity and cherry picking of a select data point

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-15-4327-2_2

If you read the science it shows how one month means little.
We have cold months, but the overall tend is up.

Go tell it to those suffering extreme weather all to frequently
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 19:30 - Sep 20 with 666 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 18:52 - Sep 20 by Professor

Brilliant post. Shows your blatant stupidity and cherry picking of a select data point

Here’s a cracker of an illustration for all the Tory thickies out there. This is what happens when you vote for cartels. (Sorry I mean unregulated competition ) :-

https://www.facebook.com/1011891022185237/posts/6389618727745746/?d=n

Well done Pikey and Felix - 250 quid more than the regulated continent

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 19:41 - Sep 20 with 664 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 18:52 - Sep 20 by Professor

Nice link, shame about the data though, the summary only covering 1985 to 2015, perhaps you should have looked at the actual study and the actual data in Fig 2.1.
If you had you would have seen that yes there is an upward trend between 1985 and 2015, which just happened to bring the temperatures back up to those experienced in the 1950s.
Check it for yourself
https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2F978-981-15-4327-2_2.pdf

The rest of it is basically talking about the future in line with various IPCC model scenarios which bear no relationship to reality.

But you still don't undestand the word global do you?
The current Global Temperature according to Hadcrut and UAH Satellite data is currently around the same as it was in 1998 and about 0.5C lower than 2016.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 19:42]
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 19:57 - Sep 20 with 658 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 18:36 - Sep 20 by Boundy

Reference your last point , Taff Ely wind farm for example became operational in 1993 and is still producing 3 years after its expected life span of 25 years and that's using 30 year old technology .Each new design change improves on the last such as slower blade speeds but increased generation capacity , ( less wear on moving parts for example such as bearings shafts, & brakes )

How many blades and gearboxes have had to be changed during that time?

But that is an onshore farm, not an offshore farm.

Offshore wind turbines suffer from Blade leading edge erosion due to the salt water.
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 20:17 - Sep 20 with 646 viewsBoundy

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 19:57 - Sep 20 by A_Fans_Dad

How many blades and gearboxes have had to be changed during that time?

But that is an onshore farm, not an offshore farm.

Offshore wind turbines suffer from Blade leading edge erosion due to the salt water.

Gearboxes and blades are not a usual defect in fact major component changes are rare , the causes of most "stops" are caused by a simple module change costing a couple of pound or a simple reset .
All blades suffer some sort of defect either on or off shore so that's a false statement to make , but concentrating on the off shore element , protective systems are in place such as Siemens Gamesa (LEP) upgrade solution that can be retrofitted to existing turbines operating in the field and there are many other examples of companies finding solutions and incorporating those solutions into new builds .As I pointed out before the technology is advancing faster than you may believe

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 20:21 - Sep 20 with 641 viewsKilkennyjack

Another Johnson failure.

Beware of the Risen People

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 20:23 - Sep 20 with 639 viewsProfessor

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 19:41 - Sep 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Nice link, shame about the data though, the summary only covering 1985 to 2015, perhaps you should have looked at the actual study and the actual data in Fig 2.1.
If you had you would have seen that yes there is an upward trend between 1985 and 2015, which just happened to bring the temperatures back up to those experienced in the 1950s.
Check it for yourself
https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2F978-981-15-4327-2_2.pdf

The rest of it is basically talking about the future in line with various IPCC model scenarios which bear no relationship to reality.

But you still don't undestand the word global do you?
The current Global Temperature according to Hadcrut and UAH Satellite data is currently around the same as it was in 1998 and about 0.5C lower than 2016.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 19:42]

Shame yes:

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/2020-tied-for-warmest-year-on-record-nasa-ana
https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2020GL091585

You can fool yourself with fossil fuel lies.
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 20:58 - Sep 20 with 619 viewspikeypaul

250% price rise in gas wholesale price since January,but the thread sttarter thinks its BOJOs fault.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 21:04 - Sep 20 with 621 viewsmajorraglan

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 20:58 - Sep 20 by pikeypaul

250% price rise in gas wholesale price since January,but the thread sttarter thinks its BOJOs fault.

The current rise isn’t Boris’s fault, but questions need to be asked of his predecessors in relation to the lack of investment in our energy infrastructure.

Edit- typo
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 22:59]
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 21:33 - Sep 20 with 612 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 20:23 - Sep 20 by Professor

Shame yes:

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/2020-tied-for-warmest-year-on-record-nasa-ana
https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2020GL091585

You can fool yourself with fossil fuel lies.

No you can fool yourself with NASA propaganda, I used the UK Hadcrut v4 data and the UAH Satellite data.
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/hadobs/hadcrut4/diagnostics.html
https://www.nsstc.uah.edu/climate/

NASA used the much adjusted GISS data, where they have adjusted the 1997/1998 data down from 62.4F to 61.3F.
To see the proof of this here are the links to NASA/GISS.
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/199713
Where it specifically states 62.4F
Here you can see that 1998 is higher than the 1997 62.4F.
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/199813
Compared to here where it states that the baseline 60.1F and plus an anomaly of 1.2F which is only 61.3
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/202108

Now to see just how changeable the data is compare the August 2021 chart here
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/202108
to the January 2021 chart here
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/202101

I can show you the GISS adjustments to individual station data, which I showed scotia which he couldn't understand or believe.
But you probably wouldn't believe it either.

Your second link is cherry picked data ending just after a double El Nino.
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 21:36 - Sep 20 with 611 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 20:58 - Sep 20 by pikeypaul

If Boris had authorised Fracking we would not be so exposed to wholesale price fluctuations would we?
What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 00:13 - Sep 21 with 572 viewscontroversial_jack

What do you think of the increase Gas & power prices? on 21:36 - Sep 20 by A_Fans_Dad

If Boris had authorised Fracking we would not be so exposed to wholesale price fluctuations would we?

The prices are set on the international markets
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024