Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Effective and Efficient Football = Winning 00:27 - Oct 6 with 5238 viewsAndyCole

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning. It's our business, to Win.

Effective = Doing the Right Things
Efficient = Doing The Right Things Well

Our US investors will be constantly monitoring our business model performance to gauge how we are doing against our competitors.

This year - we don't do the Right Things, to Win. Our manager seems unable to focus on doing the Right Things to Win a football match.

Last 2 years we were Highly Effective and Efficient, hence our massive relative achievements. Up there, nigh on Best In Class in this league.

This year we have spent unprecedented amounts. And yet we continue to be languishing with not very clever, highly ineffective, bottom quartile efficient. Hence we are hovering perilously just above the drop zone, by a thread. It ain't no coincidence.

This really ain't difficult.

Any organisation that wants to succeed, be up there as the Best In Class, needs to be the most Effective and the most Efficient.

Martine needs some help, he lacks focus. Lacks focus on winning. Lacks the ability to recognise Highly effective and Efficient football. Something the US Owners will be well versed in - Best In Class Investment.

(PS - global Advisory firms make billions from the advice above - let's hope Martin (and some of our twper followers) pay heed from this free advice - (though I know how far it will wash over the heads of the many)).

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 15:16 - Oct 7 with 860 viewsReslovenSwan1

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 14:45 - Oct 7 by vetchonian

But the managers usually have a team of statisticians working for them who compile the various stats and them analyse and present them to the manager...the game is driven by it these days....possesion , pass completion, area covered,attempted shots, shots on target,shots received, and so it goes on...like managers in all professions the modern football manager uses these to formulate his plans, etc...gone are the days of the gut instinct....as the game has become more scientific...

I really love people who adapt the narrative to suit their arguement...mind you given you spend so much time with your head up HJs backside I can understand why it is often hard for you to see sense

I do apologise for getting personal its not usually my style but eh love in you appear to have for the leader of the sellouts is quite amusing
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 15:12]

Your are a hard scientist? You are having a laugh. I have seen more sensible accountants on here to be honest and that is saying something.

If you did a scientific analysis of HJ period in charge it would show with out doubt he is by far the most successful chairman in Swansea history. People who admire his works are simply to timid to pipe up. Perhaps fearful of BS bluff and bluster. That is the trouble with pseud academics. They do not like criticism of their theories especially by those not qualified. "It always ends up badly for the likes of you because I have the stats to back me up" etc.

I have made the simple suggestion that this is ground hog day back to 2015 when Monk breezed into Fairwood and ripped up the Swansea play book and went more direct. The biggest user of statistics allegedly was Sam Allardyce. The Monkists are out in force and will strutt their stuff until Cullen shows some cahones and scores. Its probably a matter of depleted testosterone levels in the Tenby area.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 15:54 - Oct 7 with 852 viewsTreforys_Jack

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 11:04 - Oct 7 by vetchonian

Fair reply and I wasnt aiming the comments regarding how people disliked Cooper due to his roots specifically at you....it was a generalistic comment but there is a section of our fan base whose dislike was not purely down to his football but it gave them extra ammo to hide behind

We are all entitled to our opinions and I do respect yours, I guess I get over enthusiastic at times when I read al ot of the stuff on here which is not factual ...

It is interesting that the talk we are now a medium to long term project yet we seem to have discounted the likes of Oli Cooper, Dan Williams, Joesph and Whittaker with talk of them being shipped out or already on loan and then Martin making the statements about players queuing up to join us in the next window how will this make those youngsters feel. Surely wew ould be better if itis a medium to ongterm project builodong a squad form the young talent we already have....take some defeats whihc we are any way whilst building a team?

Thanks for your reasoned and measured reply, its a change lately for someone to take another's point of view on board. I'd like to see Oli Cooper and Dan Williams getting a chance, certainly over Korey Smith. RM needs a dose of reality in his after game pressers as he has made himself look a bit silly a couple of times. I also agree with resolven that Cullen needed to go out on loan, to L2 or even the national league to start to build his game. Curt reckoned he was a gifted natural finisher, and his opinion is good enough for me.
Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 16:08 - Oct 7 with 845 viewsvetchonian

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 15:16 - Oct 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Your are a hard scientist? You are having a laugh. I have seen more sensible accountants on here to be honest and that is saying something.

If you did a scientific analysis of HJ period in charge it would show with out doubt he is by far the most successful chairman in Swansea history. People who admire his works are simply to timid to pipe up. Perhaps fearful of BS bluff and bluster. That is the trouble with pseud academics. They do not like criticism of their theories especially by those not qualified. "It always ends up badly for the likes of you because I have the stats to back me up" etc.

I have made the simple suggestion that this is ground hog day back to 2015 when Monk breezed into Fairwood and ripped up the Swansea play book and went more direct. The biggest user of statistics allegedly was Sam Allardyce. The Monkists are out in force and will strutt their stuff until Cullen shows some cahones and scores. Its probably a matter of depleted testosterone levels in the Tenby area.

As usual you do not answer the main arguement presented but divert what on earth does analysis of HJs period have to do with the analysis tools now used in football?

YOu have even started a new thread as a diversion!!

For all his successes during his period as Chairman and I do recognise he had some heis biggest failure was not recgonising his limitations and continuing to pay himself half a million a year rather than emply someone the like of Trevor Birch or a proper commercial director rather than Dineed....given we were the darlings of the media the only Welsh PL team....located where we are....so much more could have been made of teh club....we could have expanded the stadium and maybe still in the PL who knows.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 16:48 - Oct 7 with 826 viewsTreforys_Jack

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 16:08 - Oct 7 by vetchonian

As usual you do not answer the main arguement presented but divert what on earth does analysis of HJs period have to do with the analysis tools now used in football?

For all his successes during his period as Chairman and I do recognise he had some heis biggest failure was not recgonising his limitations and continuing to pay himself half a million a year rather than emply someone the like of Trevor Birch or a proper commercial director rather than Dineed....given we were the darlings of the media the only Welsh PL team....located where we are....so much more could have been made of teh club....we could have expanded the stadium and maybe still in the PL who knows.

Yup, pretty much agree with all of that.
Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 17:44 - Oct 7 with 812 viewsReslovenSwan1

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 16:08 - Oct 7 by vetchonian

It is you that is involved in diversion. This thread is a tribute to the work of and philosophy of Garry Monk. Go long go direct. It worked for a while until Bony left.

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning by Garry Monk Swansea (2007-2015)

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 18:35 - Oct 7 with 794 viewsvetchonian

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 17:44 - Oct 7 by ReslovenSwan1

It is you that is involved in diversion. This thread is a tribute to the work of and philosophy of Garry Monk. Go long go direct. It worked for a while until Bony left.

What about HJ believing he was genuinely worth being paid that salary…..is that direct enough the man failed in his other business ventures yet really believed he was capable of being a pl ceo

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 19:00 - Oct 8 with 743 viewsReslovenSwan1

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 18:35 - Oct 7 by vetchonian

What about HJ believing he was genuinely worth being paid that salary…..is that direct enough the man failed in his other business ventures yet really believed he was capable of being a pl ceo

HJ was paid the going rate for Premier league clubs. He did more than anyone else to get Swansea there. An extraordinary achievement most fans did not expect to see again.

HJ turned a £1m club into a £100m club in his 15 years as chairman. This turned the fans holding from £200k to £20m. All they had to say is "we want to sell" to collect really big cash and fullfill their obligations. They failed to cash in for reasons to be determined.

HJ s pay was approved by the board including the fans representative. You are free to contact them for comment. HJ s chairmanship came to an end after poor recruitment following the sale of Llorente and Sigurdson. Signs were not good previously following the arrivals of Borja Tabanou and Eder three poor players. Potters recruitment was also very poor. For the first time in a long time club management including recruitment looks to be in decent shape.

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 20:53 - Oct 8 with 731 viewsChief

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 19:00 - Oct 8 by ReslovenSwan1

HJ was paid the going rate for Premier league clubs. He did more than anyone else to get Swansea there. An extraordinary achievement most fans did not expect to see again.

HJ turned a £1m club into a £100m club in his 15 years as chairman. This turned the fans holding from £200k to £20m. All they had to say is "we want to sell" to collect really big cash and fullfill their obligations. They failed to cash in for reasons to be determined.

HJ s pay was approved by the board including the fans representative. You are free to contact them for comment. HJ s chairmanship came to an end after poor recruitment following the sale of Llorente and Sigurdson. Signs were not good previously following the arrivals of Borja Tabanou and Eder three poor players. Potters recruitment was also very poor. For the first time in a long time club management including recruitment looks to be in decent shape.

"All they had to say is "we want to sell" to collect really big cash and fullfill their obligations. They failed to cash in for reasons to be determined".

What are you basing this on then? Because for 1 there are public statements from the trust stating they would be open to selling.

And 2 doesn't the fact that the Americans are prepared to go all the way to court and not settle in order NOT to purchase the trust's shares suggest that they do not want to buy them?

You suggesting that it was just a case of the trust saying they wanted to sell (when they weren't aware that there even any prospective buyers because they were kept out of the loop) is illogical and ridiculous.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 03:35 - Oct 9 with 702 viewsDr_Parnassus

How can someone who was sacked after 1 win in their last 10 games be described as ''Effective and Efficient Football = Winning by Garry Monk''?

I would say that is the opposite of effective, efficient and winning. Wouldn't you?

That record, ironically, is very similar to the one we are currently on.

I would say those advocating for more effective game plans would be those more akin to the styles of Martinez and Rodgers over that of Garry Monk. It is a very odd comparison to make, one which doesn't make much logical sense.

I think the mistake you are making is assuming that because we have more possession this season then that means we are a flowing attacking unit - we aren't. We are the opposite.

Those wanting to stick to this way of playing despite its obvious shortcomings would be more aligned with the style of Garry Monk, surely?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 04:31 - Oct 9 with 696 viewsDr_Parnassus

To put that view into practice, here are the stats and as usual I'm 99% sure that they will back my views, I will post regardless...

Our most effective and efficient, winning managers in our recent history... in order.

The last 13 managers spanning the last 20 years (ish) that have been in charge in a single stint for 10+ games, not including caretaker managers such as Curtis.

These count league games only as standard of opposition varies in the cup. You may now see why Laudrup was sacked too...

Brendan Rodgers 49.4% - Poached
Roberto Martinez - 47.6% - Poached
Kenny Jackett - 44.8% - Sacked
Steve Cooper - 44.3% - Mutual consent (technically poached)
Graham Potter - 39.1% - Poached
Paulo Sousa - 37.0% - Mutual consent (technically poached)
Garry Monk - 35.8% - Sacked
Paul Clement 30.6% - Sacked
Francesco Guidolin - 30.0% - Sacked
Carlos Carvalhal - 27.8% - Sacked
Michael Laudrup - 27.4% - Sacked
Bob Bradley - 18.2% - Sacked
Russell Martin - 18.2% - ????

So those criticising the effectiveness of Martin's current performances would more likely be longing for a return to the Martinez and Rodgers days as opposed to the Monk days... who doesn't even come in the top half when it comes to ''efficient and effective''... well half of him does I guess, he splits the field.

There is a clear trend in terms of league performance in terms of how efficient the team is. Those below the line sacked, those above were poached.

Kenny Jackett being the only outlier.

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 09:54 - Oct 9 with 665 viewsAndyCole

The Res, with respect you've missed the point of the thread. If this were an Exam you'd score Poor. RTFQ (read the flippin question/statement). Nothing to do with the Monk.

This thread is about Martinball vs Cooperball. At the moment Cooperball smashes Martinball out the park.

Martinball is : Ineffective (but very Efficiently Ineffective) Football = Not Winning

Martinball is : Ineffective = Not doing the Rights things = High Possession stats in the wrong places, with no purpose, no substance; Poor deployment of resources.

We all want to see us perform in the Top quartile again, being highly effective in Winning, efficiently deploying our limited resources to skilfully outwit the opposition.

Let's all hope Martin looks back on the tapes from the last two years, and continues to learn from his senior players esp Grimesy, to turn ineffective possession and style into substance and points.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 10:10 - Oct 9 with 641 viewsonehunglow

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 09:54 - Oct 9 by AndyCole

The Res, with respect you've missed the point of the thread. If this were an Exam you'd score Poor. RTFQ (read the flippin question/statement). Nothing to do with the Monk.

This thread is about Martinball vs Cooperball. At the moment Cooperball smashes Martinball out the park.

Martinball is : Ineffective (but very Efficiently Ineffective) Football = Not Winning

Martinball is : Ineffective = Not doing the Rights things = High Possession stats in the wrong places, with no purpose, no substance; Poor deployment of resources.

We all want to see us perform in the Top quartile again, being highly effective in Winning, efficiently deploying our limited resources to skilfully outwit the opposition.

Let's all hope Martin looks back on the tapes from the last two years, and continues to learn from his senior players esp Grimesy, to turn ineffective possession and style into substance and points.

It's all about your last paragraph AC

Taking striker off with 10 mins to go doesnt do it for me really. Bringing Cullen on is a effective as bringing me on to win the win,although I could splatter a few defenders around with my work rate.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 10:17 - Oct 9 with 650 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 09:54 - Oct 9 by AndyCole

Ha ha jump in your time machine back to the play off final and tell Thomas Frank that. When you come back you can tell us all how wrong we were while we make a very creditable start to life in the PL Arthur Dullard

(Alternative thread title - I hate Swansea City and I want them to fail so I can make some irrelevant point because we couldn’t win the game that mattered most as we were sh*t and had a coward of a manager). Fin

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 11:24 - Oct 9 with 635 viewsDr_Parnassus

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 10:17 - Oct 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Ha ha jump in your time machine back to the play off final and tell Thomas Frank that. When you come back you can tell us all how wrong we were while we make a very creditable start to life in the PL Arthur Dullard

(Alternative thread title - I hate Swansea City and I want them to fail so I can make some irrelevant point because we couldn’t win the game that mattered most as we were sh*t and had a coward of a manager). Fin

A coward by sticking with the plan that got us to 4th as opposed to adopting a plan like Martins which has got us into relegation danger?

I don’t think that view quite has legs anymore.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 11:35]

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 12:22 - Oct 9 with 623 viewstheloneranger

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 04:31 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

To put that view into practice, here are the stats and as usual I'm 99% sure that they will back my views, I will post regardless...

Our most effective and efficient, winning managers in our recent history... in order.

The last 13 managers spanning the last 20 years (ish) that have been in charge in a single stint for 10+ games, not including caretaker managers such as Curtis.

These count league games only as standard of opposition varies in the cup. You may now see why Laudrup was sacked too...

So those criticising the effectiveness of Martin's current performances would more likely be longing for a return to the Martinez and Rodgers days as opposed to the Monk days... who doesn't even come in the top half when it comes to ''efficient and effective''... well half of him does I guess, he splits the field.

There is a clear trend in terms of league performance in terms of how efficient the team is. Those below the line sacked, those above were poached.

Kenny Jackett wasn't sacked - He resigned.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 12:33 - Oct 9 with 611 viewsDr_Parnassus

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 12:22 - Oct 9 by theloneranger

Perfect, cheers.

That takes care of the outlier quite neatly and the correlation is clear. League performance in terms of efficient winning appears paramount to a managers sustainability.

Monk being one of the sacked does not represent effective or efficient winning football.

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 14:06 - Oct 9 with 598 viewsReslovenSwan1

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 04:31 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

So managers that win more games are more likely not to be sacked than those than lose more games.

You learn something new on here every day.

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 14:13 - Oct 9 with 590 viewsDr_Parnassus

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 14:06 - Oct 9 by ReslovenSwan1

So managers that win more games are more likely not to be sacked than those than lose more games.

You learn something new on here every day.

Indeed.

So effective and efficient football wouldn’t be Monk would it… as he got sacked for… not winning.

You got there in the end.

Maybe you need to change the title of your thread to “The Brendanists and Robertoists are back”.

Efficient, effective and winning.

Maybe we should refer to those that insist they are happy winning 2 games in 11 as the “Bradleyists”?

Exactly the same winning % and has actually had longer than old Bob.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 14:17]

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 14:17 - Oct 9 with 585 viewsReslovenSwan1

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 14:13 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed.

So effective and efficient football wouldn’t be Monk would it… as he got sacked for… not winning.

You got there in the end.

Maybe you need to change the title of your thread to “The Brendanists and Robertoists are back”.

Efficient, effective and winning.

Maybe we should refer to those that insist they are happy winning 2 games in 11 as the “Bradleyists”?

Exactly the same winning % and has actually had longer than old Bob.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 14:17]

Unreal. what a waste of time this thread is. Winning is good, I sort of knew that already.

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 14:19 - Oct 9 with 581 viewsDr_Parnassus

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 14:17 - Oct 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Unreal. what a waste of time this thread is. Winning is good, I sort of knew that already.

You have been banging on that those that want winning football are Garry Monk supporters.

I just showed you that Garry Monk has nothing to do with winning, he was sacked because he wasn’t doing so.

You even created a silly thread about it.

If you don’t want people to show you how your nonsense never stacks up then it may be an idea to do your research first.

So effective and efficient football would be Brendan and Roberto wouldn’t it… not Monk.

Ta

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 17:53 - Oct 9 with 549 viewsAndyCole

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 14:17 - Oct 9 by ReslovenSwan1

For you maybe it's a waste of time thread as it doesn't fit your Monkball agenda (that went well didn't it). You failed to derail another thread.

The focus is shone brightly on Martinball. And it's current deficiencies. Which is what fans normally do when looking for ways in which we can improve - instead of relying on an unproven manager to make it happen, with blind faith. The In-Martinball-we-trust brigade may not be that bright, so some of us are looking at how we can change the current paradigm - and Win.

Which is the name of this game. Winning, through effective and efficient application of a winning model.

So maybe instead of again attempting to derail a perfectly sensible thread, try focusing on what Martinball should do to redress the balance and play Effective football......

Effective football is doing the Right things, to Win games.

What should Martine do differently, to do the Right things ? (we can then move on to how he could do the right things Efficiently).

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 20:37 - Oct 9 with 528 viewsmax936

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 12:22 - Oct 9 by theloneranger

That can never be right,
Australia's Alex Fergusson is never wrong ever, what he needs to do ASAP is get on the phone to Martin and give him some very valuable advice from his countless years of his football coaching and management experience and his years of compiling stats apon stats of pointless drivel.
Football has always been played on a grass pitch no more than 40 mtrs x 210 mtrs, not a fecking computer 300mm x 200mm

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 20:45 - Oct 9 with 523 viewsDr_Parnassus

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 20:37 - Oct 9 by max936

That can never be right,
Australia's Alex Fergusson is never wrong ever, what he needs to do ASAP is get on the phone to Martin and give him some very valuable advice from his countless years of his football coaching and management experience and his years of compiling stats apon stats of pointless drivel.
Football has always been played on a grass pitch no more than 40 mtrs x 210 mtrs, not a fecking computer 300mm x 200mm

Are you ok Maxwell?

I thanked him for his information and updated the situation off the back of it. More than happy to be corrected when deserving of correction.

What people like you get annoyed by is when I refuse correction when it’s an incorrect interjection.

Sadly for you, I just rarely make a mistake with my posting. When I do, I’ll gladly accept and update.

Now because you don't like football and technology mixing... it may be best you realise your hypocrisy and log off before I point it out...

Ta
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 21:08]

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 21:41 - Oct 11 with 450 viewsAndyCole

Wales game analysis by pundits:

'It was gritty, it was effective, we got the win we needed.'

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning Football when we most especially needed that win. Some folk can Think Clearly Under Pressure.

Martine needs to watch the tapes, all of 'em. And learn to play to Win. Just like caretake manager Page has done.

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 23:57 - Dec 14 with 306 viewsAndyCole

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning on 10:17 - Oct 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Bump.

In so many ways.

A few of us are expecting and hoping Silverstein & Co are catching up on events right now, and reading the pre eminent Swans forum for proper fans' insight. Fact.

Cooperball smashed Martinball out of the park. As they say. Fact.

Winning football = effective, efficient. This really ain't difficult is it. So why on earth is Martin incapable of learning to play football to win games, consistently.

He seems erudite enough in his pressers. Maybe it's just clever words. An ego thing.

I have to agree with one or two of the more astute that brand Martin is precisely that, and only that. It's all about him, how he likes to be perceived. It's not the Reality of real world football, nowadays.

He didn't get the memo.

I'll print it off and stick on his door, on The Manager's filing cabinet, on the dressing room whiteboard and ofc into Wunter's and the Owners' inboxes, for good measure.

Effective and Efficient Football, This Ain't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024